WM - 3 Runda
US - 4 Runda(1/8)

#22 19-01-2010 18:22:59

jaccol55

Administrator

Re: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Krótki wywiad z Jo po I rundzie AO:

Q. How did you feel today?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, I feel great. I did a great job. I just win, and it's what I need. That's it. (Smiling).

One more. One more.

Q. Do you feel you will be successful like 2008?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No, you know, I feel healthy. I'm good on the court. I don't know if it will be the same, but I try to take every match one by one. That's it.

Q. I don't think we know yet who you play next, do we?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: We don't know yet.

Q. Do you have a preference on either?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Fognini.

Q. Why?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Because he's not really offensive, so it's better because I don't have to run when the player in front of me is not offensive.

Q. So you're hoping for an easy match for round two?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, of course. If I can have easy match all day, it's good.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 77421.html

#23 23-01-2010 13:10:01

Art

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Tsonga maintains the rage

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has continued his love affair with Melbourne Park, reaching the round of 16 at Australian Open 2010 after downing German Tommy Haas in their third-round clash on Saturday.

The two-and-a-half hour match featured lethal Tsonga serving and stinging baseline winners from Haas, but the Frenchman was too good, winning 6-4 3-6 6-1 7-5.

Tennis fans were treated to a classy display of skills in the first set, with both players in hot form from the outset. Haas’ backhand, which eluded him at times in his previous match, was on song early, while Tsonga’s net play and fast serving delighted the crowd.

Games went on serve until the crucial ninth game, the longest of the match to that stage. Two unforced errors from Haas had him in trouble early, but the German fought back to 30-30. Haas tried to be positive by advancing to the net, but was passed twice by the Frenchman, who was starting to find his groove.

Haas saved one break point and then attempted to catch Tsonga off-guard with a drop shot on the next, but Tsonga was equal to the task as he ran the shot down. Haas tried a lob, but Tsonga smashed with authority.

If the fans thought that point was good, the next was even better. After a long rally, where both players scampered from each side of the court to the other, a Haas forehand clipped the net cord and left Tsonga completely out of position. Lifting his racquet up with a jolt, Tsonga reacted quickly and miraculously volleyed the ball back cross-court. Haas ran the ball down but sent a forehand sailing long, and the set was Tsonga’s.

In the second, Haas threatened to break in the sixth game, but two Tsonga aces when he was break point down and then a strong forehand on game point ensured the set stayed on serve. Haas was rewarded for his persistence with two breaks late in the set, which he eventually took 6-4.

The German called for the trainer before the third set started, his right knee and back causing some trouble. Tsonga seized the opportunity and sealed the set with a sizzling off-forehand, taking it 6-1 in just over half an hour.

The momentum stayed with Tsonga early in the fourth set, as he held serve easily while Haas faced and saved break points on his second service game.

The tide began to change when Haas snatched a break by flicking an acute forehand crosscourt winner after sprinting to reach a Tsonga volley that clipped the singles sideline. Almost unbelievably, Tsonga returned the favour on break point later in the set when he retrieved a Haas drop shot and also flicked a forehand right past the German.

Three unforced errors by Haas when the scores were level at 5-5 all but handed the set and the match to Tsonga. The Frenchman held to love when serving for the set, winning in four and keeping up his record of never playing a five-set match in any of his 10 Grand Slam appearances.

The No. 10 seed now sets up a round of 16 match-up with No. 26 seed Nicolas Almagro after the Spaniard beat Colombian Alejandro Falla in straight sets earlier in the day.

Fast facts

- Tsonga served more than double the amount of aces than Haas (20-9).

- Haas had more baseline winners than Tsonga, but also committed more unforced errors (38-29).

- Tsonga’s fastest serve was 217km/h.

ao.com

#24 26-01-2010 09:21:13

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wywiad po meczu 4 rundy AO10:

An interview with:
JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How did you enjoy your first five‑set match?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Good. It was good. Good to win in five sets, first time for me. You know, like tennis ‑‑ when you win your first five‑set match, you're happy.

Q. You won the first two sets. What happened after that? Did he play better?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: After that, I missed some occasion, and after that, he begin to believe in himself, you know.

He played just unbelievable, and it was just tough, you know, to play against him at this moment because he hit the ball very hard, and it was tough.

Q. What was going through your mind when you started the fifth set? Did you feel good?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Cool, I will play a fifth‑set match. Yeah.

Q. Djokovic is next.

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, Djokovic is next, and I have to recover and I will be ‑‑ I think I will be ready for that.

Q. What is your game plan against him?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Against him, stay aggressive, very aggressive, and give everything. (Smiling.)

Q. What do you feel you've learned since the 2008 final against Djokovic?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: What I learned, I don't know. But I beat him four times, I think, since this moment. So I learned to beat. (Laughter.)

Q. You don't have any fears going into this match?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no, I don't have. It's a tennis match, and like I say every time, I will do my best and we will see.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 38281.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#25 27-01-2010 16:21:26

Yannick

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Tomic-Roddick

Tsunami Tsonga bierze rewanż na byłym mistrzu

Dwa lata temu w finale Australian Open Djoković pokonał Tsongę w czterech setach. Teraz w pięciu zwycięzył Francuz 7:6 (8), 6:7 (5), 1:6, 6:3, 6:1 To był jeden z najlepszych meczów w turnieju. W półfinale Tsonga zagra z Federerem.

Mecz obfitował w mnóstwo zwrotów sytuacji. Jednak kluczowy moment nastapił na początku czwartego seta. Wtedy Djoković przegrywał 0:2 i nagle zszedł z kortu prosząc o pomoc medyczną. Tsonga spytał sędziego co się stało twierdząc, że Serb wcale nie wygląda na chorego. Wiedział bowiem dobrze o wydarzeniach z lat poprzednych kiedy Novak był posądzany o specjalne przerywanie spotkań, aby wystrącić rywali z równowagi.

Podczas US Open w 2008 roku doszło nawet do wielkiej kłótni, bo Andy Roddick posądził go, że ma chyba wszystkie choroby świata skoro co chwilę bierze przerwy medyczne. - Pamiętałem, że czasem mu się zdarzały rózne choroby, dlatego nie patrzyłem na Novaka, tylko grałem dalej na maksa - powiedział trochę ironicznie po meczu Tsonga.

Jednak tym razem chyba było coś na rzeczy, bo Djoković nie wrócił już do dobrej gry z pierwszych trzech setów. Okazało się, że miał problemy żołądkowe. W ofekcie nie podjął już walki przegrywając gładko dwie ostatnie partie.

Dla Tsongi to było dopiero druga pięciosetówka w karierze. Co ciekawe pierwszę rozegrał rundą wcześniej. - Jak chcecie mogę grać dalej. Może ktoś się ze mną zmierzy - żartował z publicznością. Jednak w półfinale żarty się skończą, bowiem zagra ze szwajcarskim mistrzem Rogerem Federerem.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (Francja, 10) - Novak Đoković (Serbia, 3) 7:6(8), 6:7(5), 1:6, 6:3, 6:1

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/australia … tory.shtml

#26 27-01-2010 20:35:08

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga beats Novak Djokovic in tense Australian Open battle

REVENGE was found by Jo-Wilfried Tsonga on Rod Laver Arena last night with the flamboyant Frenchman taking down Novak Djokovic, the man who beat him for the Australian Open title two years ago.

In an enthralling, and at times bizarre, quarter-final, the No.10 seed came back from two sets down in just the second five-set match of his career to continue his recent dominance of Djokovic, winning 7-6 (10-8) 6-7 (5-7) 1-6 6-3 6-1 in a 3hr 52min marathon.

Tsonga will face No.1 seed Roger Federer in the semi-finals.

The pair have played twice, with the 24-year-old Frenchman winning the most recent meeting at last year's World Masters in three close sets.

The flow of the last night's match changed dramatically several times, but the biggest moment came just after Djokovic had won the third set.

The No.3 seed began repeatedly grabbing at his stomach and after two games of the fourth set he left the court to seek medical attention.

With word coming from his camp saying it was just an upset stomach, the Serbian returned to the court but was never the same player.

After virtually letting the fourth set go, Djokovic tried to rally in the fifth but the brilliant Tsonga was riding a wave of emotion and overwhelmed his arch-rival.

"I think I was just in good shape, maybe better than him," Tsonga said afterwards. "He played unbelievable in the second set, it was amazing the level how we played. But finally I won and I am happy with that."

Tsonga, who played his first five-set match in the previous round against Nicolas Almagro, came into last night's match having won four of the past five meetings with Djokovic since he was beaten at the 2008 Open.

The first set was a strange hour-long affair including four breaks of serve with Djokovic seemingly in control for most of it. At 5-4 he served for the set but a pair of double faults and then a dismal attempt at a smash put him under pressure.

Tsonga sensed Djokovic tightening and got the break back at his second attempt. In the tiebreak both players had set points on their opponent's serve before the Frenchman got a third chance which he didn't waste.

The second set centred around Djokovic losing his nerve when in a position of strength, this time when serving at 4-3. From no where he sent down consecutive double faults and proceeded to drop his serve without winning a point.

In the tiebreak he raced to a 3-0 lead before again giving away his advantage with yet another double-fault, his sixth of the match.

However, this time it was Tsonga who cracked with an unforced error handing Djokovic the set after an absorbing 57 minutes.

The points spread after the first two hours was even at 85 each.

That changed dramatically in the next 30 minutes with Tsonga losing his way badly, winning just one game.

But in keeping with the often bizarre nature of the contest, it was Djokovic who found himself in trouble at the start of the fourth set.

After conceding the opening game, the 22-year-old suddenly began grabbing his stomach. After dropping his serve, Djokovic immediately left the court to seek medical attention.

An upset stomach was the verdict and he made the decision to conserve energy during the fourth set, letting Tsonga race to a 5-0 lead before he started to come good again.

While he eventually lost it 6-3, Djokovic showed signs that he was at least ready for a fight.

Unfortunately he wasn't able to do much of that after having his opening service game of the fifth set broken. Earlier, a bewildered Nikolay Davydenko had no explanation for his loss to Federer.

Having stood on the brink of a massive Australian Open upset, the Russian collapsed bizarrely from a match-winning position in his quarter-final.

Down and almost out, Federer hauled himself off the canvas to win 2-6 6-3 6-0 7-5 after Davydenko held a 3-1 lead in the second set.

Davydenko was blunt in his post-match analysis.

"Everything was s---," he said.

"I don't know what has happened at 3-1, second set. I just completely lost everything. I cannot explain what has happened."

Federer said he was relieved to have survived.

"(I) was in a tough situation at 6-2, 3-1 down and 15-40 on my serve," Federer said. "I knew I wasn't looking very good, you know.

"But that's the beauty of best-of- five sets. I wasn't panicking, even though I maybe would have lost the second set had I lost another point there at that stage."

Davydenko will long rue the missed regulation backhand which almost certainly cost him the second set.

Staring at a huge deficit, Federer traded on his unheralded resilience and pluck to reel off 13 games in a row as his opponent self-destructed.

The victory elevated Federer into a record 23rd successive grand slam semi-final, measure of the Swiss master's stunning consistency and excellence.

Davydenko's rollercoaster performance was perplexing.

For a set and a half he was untouchable, clubbing winners from all over the court.

He made Federer look inferior.

Federer appeared out of sorts and troubled. In the first set alone, he made 17 unforced errors.

Faced with the possibility of trailing by two service breaks in the second set, he sprang to life.

Suddenly, Federer's serve, forehand and movement clicked.

Suddenly, Davydenko began to miss. And once he had control of the match, Federer was never going to lose.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/feder … 5824091496

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#27 28-01-2010 23:00:16

Art

User

Tsonga dreams of major upset

It was almost 1.30am when the question was put to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga about his capacity to handle the occasion of a grand slam semi-final against the No.1 player in the world, so he could be forgiven a little dreaming. But the Frenchman knows his best hope against Roger Federer tonight is to truly believe, ''Why not indeed?''

Tsonga's progression to the last four was sealed with a second consecutive five-set win early yesterday, against Novak Djokovic. The 10th-seeded Frenchman had never played a five-setter in a grand slam. He is now two from two.

''What do I have to do? I have to play my best tennis,'' Tsonga said of what it will take to repeat his effort of two years ago by reaching the final.

He at least knows he has done it once; the pair has met just twice, but Tsonga rolled Federer in Montreal last year after trailing 1-5 in the deciding set.

''Yeah, of course I know I can do that, but it was completely different,'' Tsonga said. ''Now I have to win in three sets, and it's gonna be difficult, for sure.''

The notion of experience was something Tsonga had raised before taking on Djokovic, flagging that the Serb might have the edge in a department that can be so crucial at the sharp end of a grand slam event. After winning 7-6 (10-8), 6-7 (5-7), 1-6, 6-3, 6-1 he was able to reassess.

''You know, it's good to have experience, but for that you have to win, you have to play before, you know?'' he said. ''Roger has experience because he won, you know, like 15 or 16 grand slam. But he won the first one … so I think at this level you never know what's [going to] happen.''

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/tson … -n1r4.html

#28 29-01-2010 14:16:39

Serenity

User

Wywiad z Tsongą po przegranym meczu 1/2 finału AO10

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Were you fully fit tonight? You grabbed at your stomach a couple of times. Did your stomach give you problems?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no. I was just a bit more tired after the first set. And, yeah, it was tough to play against him today. He was really good, and that's it.

Q. Were you tired because of the previous two five‑setters you've had?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, of course. Yeah, because of my tournament, that's it.

Q. Federer was pretty awesome out there tonight, wasn't he?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, he was good. He was good.

Q. What did you think of his game?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: He took the ball earlier than me, and he was just better than me today.

Q. What did you learn from the game? Did you learn anything from it that you've got to do in the future?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, I learned maybe I have to play better. That's it (smiling).

Q. Were you surprised by how good he was tonight?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, yeah, a bit.

Q. Why?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Why I'm surprise? I don't know. Because, you know, sometimes you play a guy and the guy play well, but not so good. And sometimes you play against him again and he play just unbelievable.

You know, each day is different, and today he was really good.

Q. Do you think you can play better against him next time?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Maybe. Certainly.

Q. How?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Maybe be more aggressive, yeah.

Q. What was wrong with your game tonight?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: What was wrong? My serve. I think I was at 50 or 55% of first serve. My speed serve also. And also I miss some volley at the beginning of the match, and after that was tough, no?

Q. Were you mentally exhausted, as well?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Not really.

Q. If Roger plays like that, do you think anyone can beat him?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: I think nobody.

Q. What were your tactics before the game to try to counteract Roger?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: First to play, that's it, you know. Just enter in the match with offensive mind. That's it.

Q. What do you think Andy Murray could do to stop Roger Federer on Sunday?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: I don't know. I don't know.

Q. Do you have any advice for him?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Advice? Be ready to run maybe (smiling).

Q. How do you rank yourself now? You were a finalist two years ago. Are you a better player now?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: I don't know if I'm better, but I'm more consistent, for sure.

Q. So you're reasonably happy with this tournament, the way it went?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, I mean, it's okay. I did a good tournament. I beat some good player. I played two five‑set match. It was the first time for me.

So it's more experience for me. I think it's good, even if I lose in semi. But next time I will try to do better.

Q. The Australian Open is your best Grand Slam. Why do you like playing here?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: I don't know. Maybe a bit the surface, and also because I played my best tournament here. It was also one of the first Grand Slam I played. Before 2009, I played only ‑‑ 2008, sorry ‑‑ I played only two, so that's it.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 97171.html

#29 26-05-2010 16:58:29

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - Wywiad z Tsongą po wygranym meczu 2 rundy

Q. Are you not ashamed of what you did to your friend?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, no. I would have rather played somebody else and win this way, but it's the way it is. That's the tournament.
It's the way it is. However, I have to continue in the tournament.

Q. I felt your shots were really pure. You could hit strongly, and therefore he was immediately defeated due to the quality of your shots.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, this is part of my objectives for this match. I thought I have to start playing with a lot of intensity and I have to grab him at the throat. I didn't want him to do too much, and frankly, it was a good start from my side. I think this weighed a lot on the whole match.

Q. The conditions were different compared with the first day. It was heavier. Yet you were hitting the balls better.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, yes. When the weather is like this, it's not bad for me, either, because I have time enough to think about how I want to shoot the balls. When it's very warm, the ball flies a lot. You control it less and I hit very strongly, and therefore it's more difficult for me.
Now, this being said, this is it. I won in the sun but also when the weather conditions are heavier. I hope it will continue with each and every single match.

Q. Is it important to have a very short match compared with a long match? It's a good balance so that you have more time off.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, yes. Of course it's always a good thing not to stay too long on the court.
Well, today I think I could have played at least four or five hours, easily. But this is it. It's going to continue. Next time I will be ready to play four or five hours if necessary.

Q. Have you ever been thinking about the opponent when it was 0 and 1? Were you thinking about him, or did you feel like...
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no, no.

Q. Were you very focused and you thought you have to remain focused throughout?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yes, throughout. I didn't even think about my opponent. No, when I was on the court, it was to play and win; that's all.

Q. I had the impression that when it was 2 0 and Love 40 on your serve, you hammered him. That's when there was a turnaround in the match. You killed him at that moment.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, yes. And after this I even played better, a notch up. I was back from this difficult situation, you know, and then I played even better, as I said, and this probably discouraged him for the first set.
Then I continued on the same tracks, and it was tougher for him.

Q. Do you think that psychologically the match was very important?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, yes. It counts a lot for this type of match. It's never easy to play against someone you like. Therefore, yes, psychology counts a lot on the final result.

Q. When you served, you were about to win the match, it started raining. Do you think about a possible interruption?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, yes, I thought I have to finish immediately before it starts raining, but then I didn't want to rush, because otherwise he could have broken back, because I was so much in a hurry, so this would get on my nerves and we're going to have to stop and start again after the rain. So, no, I took my time and I did the job I had to do.

Q. I read somewhere that you've been physically training, you were physically totally ready, you no longer have the backache. How do you feel? Do you have any aches at all? The fact that you rested before Roland Garros, wouldn't you say it was better because you feel fitter today?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, when I practiced and when I trained, I didn't think I would hurt my back, but at last I could take a rest. And I had played a lot with the American tournament and then a lot of matches on clay.
So for me, to rest for a while was probably something good. I could do something else. I was back to another type of life. After this, I had time enough to practice before Roland Garros. I took advantage of this. I think I'm totally fit.

Q. Next round you're going to play against Garcia Lopez or De Bakker. You lost to De Bakker in Barcelona, and also Garcia Lopez in Madrid. Okay, twice defeated. This can help you because you know what to expect.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yes, I know what to expect, and I have a revenge to win. If it's one or the other, I have to play well, because both of them play well. De Bakker plays perhaps even better than Garcia Lopez.
I don't know who has won. Are they playing now or not? One set all, okay. I'd rather play against Garcia Lopez, probably, because De Bakker, I think he plays really well.
Now, as I said before, I have to take my revenge from both of them. When I'm on the court, I can tell you I'll be looking for it, to take my revenge. I'll fight on all the points.

Q. You said Sunday, so that's three days, it's no longer the Grand Slam type of pace. Was that a problem for you or not for you?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: No, the problem for me was to play on a Sunday. I didn't want to play on a Sunday. I had calculated everything to play on Monday or Tuesday, say, but the fact that I played on Sunday was a bit puzzling for me.
When I practiced, when I trained, it was supposed to be a day off normally. I was not supposed to play a match. So how can I say? I had not anticipated this. I was not really physically well or fit on Sunday.
But then, you know, it's also positive because I played five sets, so I could practice even longer, and everything fell nicely into place and I feel really good today.

Q. Do you have the impression that there's loads of expectations on you this year, or if you look at Aravane's results or Gaël played semis and quarterfinals in the past two years, that people are waiting for you, but they're waiting for other French players and therefore you have more freedom?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, yes, of course. In any case, I've never played the finals here. I've never won, either.
So I'm far from being the best player here with the best results, so it's quite normal for me not to be the player in which people have the best expectations.
I'm French No. 1, okay, but no big deal. It doesn't make any difference. I'm still learning on the tournament. I'm a young chick, if I could say, on the tournament. But it's good because I'm an outsider and I can therefore try and aim for excellent performances.

Q. I have a recreational question to ask, if I can say. There are several players that are very active on Twitter, and from what I saw, it's not really your case. You have some messages, but what do you think about Twitter? A new communication tool.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Twitter, let me see. I don't really know Twitter. Well, I don't know Twitter at all. This is all I can say. I don't know. I don't know what you're talking about.

Q. So you didn't want to play on Sunday? So you're surprised, I suppose. You're French No. 1, we're in France, this is a French tournament and an important one. Were you surprised? Did it get on your nerves to be imposed to play on a Sunday?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: I expected this question, to tell you what I think about this. Frankly, I was a bit disappointed because I was playing on a Sunday. I had asked not to play on a Sunday, absolutely, because I had practiced in such a way that I thought I wanted to play on a Monday or Tuesday, to be totally fit.
But they imposed it on me. I had to play on a Sunday. I have to accept the rules. This is the game and this is it.
Now, if you're world No. 80 and you're not that important in the hierarchy, if I can say, loads of things are imposed on you in this case. What really bothered me is that, you know, if you look at Murray, if he decides on a day or hour at Wimbledon, nobody's going to impose anything on him.
For Federer in his country it's the same. In the U.S. I suppose it's the tame thing for the best American players. I think that Lleyton probably plays in the sun during the Australian Open because he loves the sun and other opponents don't like the sun. He wants to play in the sun.
Today we're in France. I'm French. I'm French No. 1. I would have thought it was legitimate for me to be listened to, that I would be given a choice. They should listen to me when I wanted to play or start.
But I accepted the rules, and that's all. I'm disappointed. That's true, because I expected a bit more from the organization and the rest, but this is the way it is. I mean, had I lost on Sunday because I was not feeling good, then many people would have been disappointed. This would have been a bit silly, I think.
But it wasn't the case, so I'm here, and I'm fit. I'm ready to play. This story will continue, and that's the end of the story.

Q. Is it a lesson for you? Will it not change your behavior vis a vis number of top managers to be firmer and to behave like someone who's got nerves?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no, because I'm quite open, and organizer or not, my job is to play tennis. Sometimes there are unforeseen events, so we have to adapt. But what I expected from them is to listen to me a little.
But, you know, sometimes it's this thing here, that thing there. You know, during Davis Cups you don't necessarily play in the towns you would like to play in. I'm French No. 1. I can't really decide when I'm going to start the tournament, which is at home.
So, you know, all these little details which sometimes can be quite annoying, sometimes we complain because we don't have enough good French players, but sometimes we're not given the best conditions. I think it's a bit of a pity.

Q. I'd like to say something about your match and Josselin. You are friends. Okay. Are you disappointed about his game? Do you think he can still be in the top players?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: I think he can be an excellent player, that's true. But I think that for him what he misses is perhaps still a few steps to go through, a few steps; I mean, to be more regular or consistent, to be qualified more often during the big tournaments, and not to ask too many questions about himself, because he's 24. He's going to go quickly. He's got to go for it.

Q. What disappointed you about him during the match? I mean, what were his weaknesses? Is there something special?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Hmm, don't know. Maybe physically. I would have tried more, physically speaking. If I knew I was to lose, I would have done this. I couldn't give him too many advice, either, because he could have beaten me severely, as well, today.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 70944.html

#30 27-05-2010 11:55:18

Serenity

User

Tsonga lashes out at French Open organizers

PARIS (AP) -- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga lashed out at French Open organizers for turning down his schedule requests.

The 8th-seeded Tsonga, the top-ranked French player, reached the third round by defeating countryman Josselin Ouanna 6-0, 6-1, 6-4 on Wednesday.

But the former Australian Open runner-up said he was dissatisfied after organizers made him play his first-round match on Sunday while he had asked for a later start in the tournament in order to be physically fit.

Tsonga battled through five sets to beat Daniel Brands of Germany in the previous round.

"Frankly, I was a bit disappointed because I was playing on a Sunday," Tsonga said. "I had asked not to play on a Sunday, absolutely, because I had practiced in such a way that I thought I wanted to play on a Monday or Tuesday, to be totally fit. But they imposed it on me."

Tsonga said the organizers should have shown more respect considering his ranking and nationality.

"Today, we're in France. I'm French. I'm the French No. 1. I would have thought it was legitimate for me to be listened to," Tsonga said.

"If you look at (Andy) Murray, if he decides on a day or a time schedule at Wimbledon, nobody is going to impose anything on him. For (Roger) Federer, in his country it's the same. And in the U.S., I suppose it's the same thing for the best American players. I think that Lleyton (Hewitt) probably plays in the sun during the Australian Open because he loves the sun and other opponents don't like the sun."

Fellow Frenchman Richard Gasquet, who lost in five sets to Andy Murray in the first round on Monday, also said organizers refused to give him an extra day off following his title in Nice.

Tsonga, trying to pass the fourth round at the French Open for the first time, said organizers would have been sheepish if he had made an early exit at the clay-court Grand Slam.

"If I had lost on Sunday because I was not feeling good, then many people would have been disappointed. This would have been a bit silly, I think," Tsonga said. "But it wasn't the case, so I'm here, and I'm fit. I'm ready to play. This story will continue, and that's the end of the story."

Tsonga made light work of his good friend Ouanna. He won the first nine games and served nine aces against his former classmate at the French national tennis center.

"I would have rather played somebody else and win this way, but it's the way it is. That's the tournament," Tsonga said. "I thought I had to start playing with a lot of intensity and I had to grab him at the throat. I didn't want him to do too much, and frankly, it was a good start from my side. I think this weighed a lot on the whole match."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/t … z0p7dpaQqf
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/t … index.html

#31 28-05-2010 22:35:09

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - wywiad z Tsongą po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

Q. You felt quite a lot of emotion at the end of the match. Is there any particular reason? Is it a special game for you? Special match for you.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Emotion, yes, because I suffered a lot during this match. It was hard.
All along the match I was trying to think about something else than the pain I was feeling. So that's why.

Q. How can you play beyond the pain?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, by telling yourself it doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt. Every 10 seconds you go, It doesn't hurt. I'll go for it. It doesn't hurt.
I knew this was something that couldn't go worse, so there was no reason for me to quit. But it was painful, and it was difficult when I had to change direction, when he was getting me wrong footed. When I had to move from one side to the other I had difficulties especially on my forehand.
But then I fought, and at the end of the day, it made the difference because I think he also had difficult matches before. He had slightly less experience, and I think, well, he couldn't make it at the end.

Q. Had you lost the second set, did you feel you had the strength to come back had you been two sets down?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: I would have fought till the end, whatever. The day I quit, it's just because it's impossible, a bit like in Madrid when I just couldn't play. I couldn't.
There it was painful, but I knew it couldn't get any worse; whereas in Madrid I knew I had this problem with my back, and I knew if I had to make some movements, it would have taken me more time to recover.

Q. This match was a bit the competition of the most beautiful dropshot. We had lots of beautiful dropshots.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, Thiemo does play a lot of dropshots, and sometimes you have counterdropshots. In a five set match, dropshots are part of the game, because it makes the other run.
It wears you out really. After the 15th dropshot you're worn out. But I knew I would be present. I wouldn't give up. So I did what I could, and I started playing dropshots and thinking, Well, if he starts getting tired, then I can take the lead because I can't be all that punchy today.

Q. You said that this muscle problem is more linked to the stress.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yes. Well, it's a muscle problem which is linked to stress, but it's a muscle problem.

Q. Will it be manageable for Sunday?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yes, it's not because I was tired. I think it was more because well, I was a bit nervous, and when you're a bit nervous, it makes things a bit worse.
Well, then, yeah, it was a bit of a difficulty of a handicap for me. But it's a muscle issue. When it's just that, you can take a rest, it's gonna be okay.

Q. But today is Friday night. You are the last French player in the draw. What's your comment? Because, well, it's a bit of a habit, you being the last one left. This time it's a bit early.
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: What do I feel about it? Well, it's sad. It's sad the others didn't make it. I was sad seeing Richard losing, because I had made a bet. I thought he would make it here.
As for Gaël yesterday, it was a bit difficult. It was hard. He never managed to really be back in the match after they had to stop because of the night.
So for him it's a shame, as well. Well, I'm doing my job, and I hope I'll be even better for the next round.

Q. When did you start feeling that pain?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: End of the second set, 5 All. Eric says it's on a dropshot. I started sliding, and maybe that's when it happened. I don't know. But I started feeling it at the end, and you know, it became more intense.
At the beginning it really it was just very little nagging me. Then little by little it started hurting and being very painful.

Q. Wasn't it also something that helped you relax?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, yes. It was a blessing in disguise, because instead of thinking of all the points I had in my racquet and never scored, I was focusing on my pain. That's what made it possible for me to stop thinking too much and be back in the match.

Q. Is this why you were more offensive on the third and fourth set, because you were trying to play shorter rallies?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yes, because as I couldn't run that much with my leg, I started trying to manage the game, impose my game, be the master on the court.
Yes, it was relaxing at the end because I played better than when I was in totally good shape.
Then I think Thiemo also started to feel a bit tired, because at the beginning he would hit his ball much stronger. At the end, I was okay.

Q. Before you had this pain during the first set you were shaking your left wrist. What does it mean?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, sometimes I would block my wrist, the left wrist. I don't know why, because I don't use it that much except for my backhand. But sometimes it's a bit painful and I shake it. It goes away.

Q. So it's a small pain that comes and goes, but it's not linked to tension or stress?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, it's probably linked to stress, but I don't control everything. So, you know, it sometimes happens.
Some players would cramp because of stress. Others feel pain. That's the way it is.

Q. What's your schedule for tomorrow, to be at the top on Sunday against Troicki or Youzhny?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Hey, that's my secret. I can't tell you everything, otherwise everybody would do the same. But it's going to be rest, mostly.

Q. Are you going to ask the organizers to schedule you as late as possible?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: No, not particularly, because I'll be ready to play on Sunday.
And anyway, I know I won't be playing before 11:00 in the morning.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 22625.html

#32 30-05-2010 10:06:02

Serenity

User

Focusing on football... with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

France’s No.1 player, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, dreams of winning Roland Garros some day. When he was younger, his dream was to be a football player for Marseilles. Read on for more about football from the French favourite…

What is your first football memory?
When I was a kid, in Le Mans. There was a lawn in the suburbs where my parents lived where I would play with my friends every day after school, sometimes until nightfall. Some days I’d pretend to be Franck Sauzée taking free-kicks, some days I was Chris Waddle or even Rudi Voeller, a real fox in the box. Those were the good old days.

Who was your childhood idol?
First it was Chris Waddle, then George Weah, and then Didier Drogba.

Which is your favourite team?
My heart is with Le Mans but the team that really gets me excited is Marseilles. I really like the passion that team inspires.

Which is your favourite stadium?
The Stade de France.

Who do you think will be the biggest surprise at the World Cup?
Argentina. With Maradona in charge, I’m sure there will be fireworks. I have a really good feeling about Argentina.

What about the biggest disappointment?
I’m afraid it will be South Africa. I’m very worried about them.

Who would you pay good money to see in South Africa?
Messi.

How much would you pay for your favourite player’s shirt?
That depends on who gets the money. If it’s for a charity I’d be willing to put down quite a bit of money. If not, I’d pay the official price.

Which fans are the best?
Everyone was telling me about the English fans but, when I went to a few matches, I was disappointed. It was like they were crooning lullabies. The Italians know how to make some noise. Watching on the television, it looks like they get very excited. But I have to say that the French fans are pretty great too.

If you could play 90 minutes with any team, which would it be and what position?
Hmmm…In Le Mans they might give me a chance (laughs). I’m kidding… In a passionate country, like Brazil, playing for Flamengo at the Maracana in front of a capacity crowd.

Who is your favourite manager?
Not Jose Mourinho! I don’t like managers who toot their own horns. I prefer Arsène Wenger or Laurent Blanc, managers who know to be humble and put the team first.

What’s the best goal you’ve ever seen?
The one I thought was out of this world was the second one by Tutu (Lilian Thuram), in the 1998 World Cup semi-final against Croatia. He scores with his left foot, kneels down, puts his finger on his lips… and that was the goal that put France through into the final. It was totally unreal.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 31646.html

#33 02-06-2010 21:42:51

Serenity

User

Tsonga faces race for Wimbledon fitness

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga faces a race for fitness if he's to front up for Wimbledon after being diagnosed with a hip injury following his French Open fourth-round pullout against Mikhail Youzhny.

The French number one had an MRI, which resulted in doctors telling him to rest for at least ten days.

That would leave the world No. 10 with just a few days before the June 21 start of Wimbledon. “I could hardly put my foot down on the court from the very first game, I knew it was going to be difficult. Mikhail did a winning forehand, I blocked and I felt a sharp pain,” said the Frenchman.

“Immediately after I knew that it was the same thing that I had felt in the previous match. It hurt even more.”

Tsonga , the 2008 Australian Open finalist, has already been through knee surgery two years ago and has dealt with back and abdominal muscle trouble. "I hired a physiotherapist this year to be with me all the time, even when I'm not playing in tournaments. I also have another chiropractor looking at me. I really do my best, and I take all the necessary precautions.”

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20100602/ … on_fitness

#34 14-06-2010 16:14:28

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Tsonga making quick hip injury recovery

A French Open hip injury has healed faster than expected, leaving Jo-Wilfried Tsonga a definite possibility to be fit in time for Monday's start at Wimbledon.

Tsonga was unable to take to the court for his fourth-round Roland Garros contest due to a muscle lesion. But little more than a week after his setback, the 25-year-old's latest scene showed vast improvement in his condition.

His participation at the All England club will be a late decision, with doctors and the player making the call. "The MRI showed the lesion has completely healed. Jo will now return to rehab with his physiotherapist and we will meet in London to prepare for Wimbledon on Monday," said coach Eric Winogradsky.

Tsonga said he has taken on a sports psychologist to help him through. "He will be with me all the time, even when I'm not playing in tournaments. I also have another chiropractor looking at me. I really do my best, and I take all the necessary precautions.”

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … y_recovery

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#35 22-06-2010 22:40:57

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

Q. I take it you dragged yourself away from the television, or you cannot bear to watch what's going on on the soccer field.
JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah. And?

Q. Would you rather be watching the French game now?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no. I'm here.

Q. But was it difficult to come here now rather than...

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No. It's not a problem. It's okay.

Q. Okay. We'll talk tennis then.

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: We'll talk tennis.

Q. Does your performance today give you a lot of confidence?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah. Yeah, because Robert is a very good player. I knew before the match it would be difficult, and it was.

So I'm really happy to win today.

Q. It looked hard work for you out there. Was it hard to get a read on his serve?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, on his serve, because this is his best shot. He served unbelievable and I didn't return a lot, but enough to win this match. It's good.

Q. How confident are you coming into Wimbledon? You've saved your best slam performances for Australia so far.

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, I only played two times here, so for me it's the third one. You know, I'm new on this surface, so maybe I can do something good.

Because the first one I did the fourth round; last year the third. So maybe I can do better.

Q. Is it a learning curve on grass for you?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah. We can call it like this, yeah.

Q. Do you think you have the all‑round game to challenge the Federers...

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah.

Q. And are you now injury‑free given what happened in...

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No, now I'm better. I'm healthy. Everything is okay. So I hope I will continue like this.

Q. What exactly what the problem?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Problem with my psoas. (Through translation.) Tear in the psoas muscle.

Q. And that's now no problem?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/int … 32690.html

#36 28-06-2010 21:36:46

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 4 rundzie

Q. Are you happy with the way you're playing?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, happy because I won, so it's good.

It was not really an easy match. I didn't play really well, you know. But it was good to win because it was against another Frenchman, and these match are all the time, you know, really tight. So it was good.

Q. Not sure of your next opponent. Possibility it will be Andy Murray. How do you see that matchup?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: You know, I know Andy like grass. He play well at this surface. He is at home. He will give everything. I know that.

But I obviously will be the outsider. Yeah, maybe the pressure will be on his, you know, shoulder because for me I have nothing to lose, you know. I will play the first quarterfinal in my career here in Wimbledon.

So for me, yeah, I have everything to win in this match.

Q. How is your confidence just now?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: My confidence, I feel confident. I know I can beat everybody. So I will play my game. I will try to play, you know, relaxed and be offensive and that's it.

Q. What has made the difference this year with you feeling comfortable on grass?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: For me, there is not a lot of different than the other years. Maybe I have more experience, so maybe I'm better.

But I don't feel a lot of difference than last year and everything. But last year I change racquet just before the tournament, so it was tough for me. So this year it's better because I play with my racquet since some months now, and it's good.

Q. And your back is fine now?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, my back is perfect. I feel good.

Q. You seemed to be a little bit frustrated at times. Was it because you weren't playing as well as you felt you should be?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, all the time. I'm all the time like this, you know. Even when I win 6‑Love, 6‑Love, 6‑Love, it's the same, you know. If I miss one ball, sometimes I'm a bit frustrated (smiling).

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/int … 65682.html

#37 02-07-2010 11:36:41

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2010 - wywiad po porażce w ćwierćfinale

Q. How would you say you came to lose that game today? How can you describe what happened today?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: How can I describe? Just I play a tennis match against Andy Murray on the Centre Court. I played a good match, but he was better than me today. And that's it (smiling.)

Q. You won the first set.

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah. Close.

Q. Second one?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: I lost it, but close also. And then he was better. Then he was better.

Q. Did you become demoralized when he leveled at one set all?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Not really. But, you know, it's all the time like this. Sometimes you are, you know, close to take two sets and continue, and then you lost and then you are, you know, a bit disappointed, and then the player in front of you is very confident because he took the second set, you know, really close and he play better and he's more relaxed, and you, you are more, you know, on your feeling, and that's it. And then he play better.

Q. That point in the tiebreak when you let the ball go off the return, is that the point in the match that you'd want back?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, of course this one.

But there is this one. Maybe there is other. The return I did, you know, on the line. The line umpire say 'out' and then say, 'good.' Andy take the challenge and the ball was good. After this ball, if it was not announced, I have a ball, you know, in the court, you know, easy shot, and is different also.

So this is tennis, and sometimes you leave a ball go and you lose on this ball.

Q. You were tending to the thumb a little bit. Was it bothering you?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, a bit. But when we play, we have all the time things like this. That's life.

Q. What do you think you have to work on to improve your game to today?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: You know, I'm happy because today I find a level I didn't play since a long time at the beginning of the match. You know, for me it's good because I didn't play this level since, yeah, a really long time.

Maybe if I play like this, you know, and I'm more consistent in this way, I will do some good things.

Q. Everyone in England will get excited about Murray maybe winning Wimbledon. How do you rate his chances?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, I hope is gonna be him. I told him, you know, at the net, Make me a pleasure; go all the way, you know.

Yeah, I hope he will win because it's a good player. It's never easy to play, you know, in front of his crowd. He's really strong, and I hope he will win.

Q. Did the crowd worry you today?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no, no. They was really fair, like every time, yeah.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/int … 16776.html

#38 03-07-2010 10:37:21

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Tsonga out for up to two months with knee injury

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is expected to be out for two months with a knee injury he suffered during Wimbledon.

That means the Frenchman will miss next week's Davis Cup quarterfinal against Spain. Richard Gasquet is also out of the tie with the back injury that kept him out of Wimbledon.

On the Spanish side, Rafael Nadal will miss the tie to undergo treatment on his knees.

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/ne … &zoneid=25

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#39 23-08-2010 12:17:22

Serenity

User

Tsonga nie zagra w US Open

Dziesiąty tenisista światowego rankingu Francuz Jo-Wilfried Tsonga nie zagra z powodu kontuzji kolana w rozpoczynającym się 30 sierpnia wielkoszlemowym turnieju US Open.

Tsonga jest drugim zawodnikiem z czołowej dziesiątki listy ATP, który nie pojawi się na kortach w Nowym Jorku. Dzień wczesniej wycofał się ubiegłoroczny zwycięzca, dziewiąty w rankingu Martin del Potro. Argentyńczyk poinformował, że nie jest jeszcze w pełni sił po majowej operacji prawego nadgarstka.

http://sport.onet.pl/tenis/tsonga-nie-z … omosc.html

#40 30-08-2010 18:38:03

Jisner

User

Stopka forum

RSS