Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#41 01-11-2010 14:00:59

Art

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Tsonga says knee pain could keep him out of DC final

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga could easily desert the French Davis Cup final in December against Serbia if he remains troubled by left knee pain.

The former Australian Open finalist lost in the Montpellier semi-finals to compatriot Gael Monfils and then complained about his fitness problems.

"I felt something at the beginning of the match," he said, adding that any medical decision could easily mean that he skips the December 3-5 final in Belgrade. "I don't have a chance of beating Novak Djokovic or Viktor Troicki in Belgrade if I've not played for three weeks."

Tsonga has been troubled by his knee already in 2010, missing the three months after Wimbledon and returning to a first-round loss in early October in Tokyo.

The French No. 1 will undergo tests next week in Paris, cutting it close for his possible participation at the indoor Masters 1000 at Paris Bercy, which he won in 2008 and which starts on November 8.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20101 … f_DC_final

#42 01-11-2010 17:23:50

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Tsonga pulls out of Valencia

Jo-Wlfried Tsonga has pulled out of Valencia after experiencing knee pain during his semifinal against Gael Monfils in Montpellier. After the match, Tsonga said some recurring trouble was to be expected -- the Frenchman missed the summer hardcourt season after injuring his knee at Wimbledon.

Tsonga will undergo an MRI on Wednesday before making a decision about whether to play the Masters in Paris next week, but has indicated his priority is to be fit for the Davis Cup final in a month's time.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … 6&zoneid=6

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#43 03-11-2010 12:25:57

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#44 03-11-2010 14:19:58

metjuAR

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rod

Tsonga ma uszkodzone więzadła w prawym kolanie - nie spodziewałem się że to taki powważny uraz. Allez i wracaj do zdrowia.

249,5 km/h
30 singles titles
2007 Davis Cup

#45 03-11-2010 18:01:36

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Tsonga To Miss Remainder Of Season With Knee Injury

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after a recurrence of the left knee injury that kept him sidelined throughout the North American hard court season. The Frenchman suffered the original injury at Wimbledon and it flared up again at last week’s Open Sud de France in Montpellier, where he reached the semi-finals (l. to Monfils).

World No. 13 Tsonga will miss the final tournament of the regular ATP World Tour season, next week’s BNP Paribas Masters in Paris, and will also be unable to represent France in the Davis Cup final against Serbia in December.

“I will need to have six weeks of complete rest," Tsonga said on Wednesday. "I could have played by taking loads of anti-inflammatories, but the risk is getting injured for six months. It's the hardest moment of my career, along with pulling out of the Olympic Games [in] 2008.”

The 25-year-old Tsonga finishes the season with a 32-16 match record, highlighted by reaching the Australian Open semi-finals (l. to Federer) and the quarter-finals at Wimbledon (l. to Murray) and ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments in Miami (l. to Nadal) and Shanghai (l. to Murray). Before withdrawing from Valencia and Paris, the Frenchman had had an outside chance of qualifying for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … eason.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#46 20-12-2010 13:04:55

jaccol55

Administrator

The Last Word: ATP No. 13, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

http://www.tennis.com/articles/articlefiles/9309-201010140629233604565-p2@stats.com.jpg
Tsonga showed flashes of brilliance in 2010 but,
as usual, was often injured.

Best of 2010

The man from Le Mans was untested in going the distance until this season. He won the first five-setter of his career against Nicolas Almagro at the Australian Open, 9-7 in the fifth, and followed that up with a five-set win over Novak Djokovic before bowing to Roger Federer in the semis.

Worst of 2010

Tsonga loves the big stage, but the stars of the ATP mostly overshadowed him. He posted a 1-5 record vs. Top 10 opponents this year, winning just one set in those defeats.

Year in Review

Showing all-surface fluency, Tsonga was a Wimbledon quarterfinalist, reached the fourth round of Roland Garros and made the semis in Melbourne. He also reached the quarterfinals of Rome, Miami and Shanghai. Along with Davis Cup teammate Michael Llodra, Tsonga is one of the few Top 50 players capable of playing successful serve-and-volley tennis, and when he’s connecting on his first serve, his aggressive style can take opponents out of their comfort zone. A left knee injury suffered at Wimbledon sidelined Tsonga for the entire U.S. hardcourt season. The explosive Frenchman returned in October, posting a 5-4 record before a recurrence of the knee injury forced him out of Paris and the Davis Cup final.

See for Yourself

Tsonga reached the Australian Open semis for the second time in three years, but often found himself reduced to spectator status against Federer:

The Last Word
There are several questions confronting Tsonga, but the primary one is this: Can he stay healthy for an entire season? Tsonga moves well for a big man but has been beaten up by lower-body injuries—the same that plagued Mark Philippoussis, another talent with immense upper-body strength. Will Tsonga, like Philippoussis, combat injury issues his entire career? His left knee injury this season came two years after right knee surgery.

—Richard Pagliaro

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … 9&zoneid=9

#47 25-12-2010 18:41:01

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 13
Turnieje: 0
Finały: 0
Mecze: 31-16
Zarobki: $1,166,151

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#48 02-01-2011 22:41:53

jaccol55

Administrator

Abu Dhabi defeat was good for me, says upbeat Tsonga

http://www.sport360.com/images/stories/January2011/3janimages/03-tsonga-crop.jpg
Tsonga is ready for the Qatar Open

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is looking to bounce back from his early exit at the Mubadala World Championship at the Qatar Open, which begins on Monday.

Tsonga lost in the first stage of the knockout draw in Abu Dhabi, going down 6-4, 6-7 (5-7), 6-1 to Robin Soderling in the prestigious exhibition event.

But he believes the Qatar Open is in the ideal place to continue his comeback from what he describes as the biggest setback of his career.

The former world No.6 is enjoying the warmth of the Arabian Gulf as he recovers from a persistent knee injury, which has dogged him since he reached the Wimbledon quarter-finals in July.

The injury flared up again in October and the Frenchman was forced to miss the Davis Cup final in which France lost 3-2 to Serbia in Belgrade last month.

But he said the match in the UAE, despite ending in defeat, has boosted his self-belief.

“I think I have improved a lot and I have more confidence now,” Tsonga said, who now can’t wait to start the competitive season in Doha.

“It ’s an ideal place to start the season and prepare for the Australian Open, which I love,” said Tsonga, who made his breakthrough in Melbourne two years ago by beating Rafa Nadal and reaching the final.

“Missing so much tennis has made me hungry and I’m really looking forward to the competition again,” he said.

Tsonga will take on Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo, the world No.77 from of Spain in the first round of the $1,024,000 (Dh3.7million) event either tomorrow or Tuesday.

If Tsonga wins through the draw, he could then meet Sergei Bubka, the 23-year-old son of legendary pole vaulter Sergey Bubka, an Olympic gold medallist.

Later in the draw there is the lure of a likely semi-final with Roger Federer. The Grand Slam record-holder from Switzerland was philosophical about his 7-6 (7/4), 7-6 (7/3) loss to Nadal in the Abu Dhabi final on Saturday.

“I try not to think about making it a mental battle out there because I will have enough of those in the next few years,” Federer said.

Nadal remains focused on the job in hand, rather than getting ahead of himself with thoughts of Melbourne. “The pressure is every day about winning matches,” he said. “I don’t think about winning the Australian Open. I think about Doha.”

http://www.sport360.com/tennis/news/132 … eat-tsonga

#49 22-01-2011 23:35:03

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

Q. At the end you danced a bit of a jig. Was that a matter of coming back from two sets down in your previous match?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, it was good for me. I did it over time. No, it was good to win in three straight sets. Anyway, for the rest of the tournament, it's good.

Q. Was it important to win in three after a grueling match in the first round?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, of course. Of course.

It's all the time important to spend less times a possible, so...

Q. Were you happy with today compared to the first round?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, I'm really happy because I played better tennis than yesterday and I'm just happy with my level today. I was healthy. I felt good on the court. So I'm okay.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 59596.html

#50 23-01-2011 00:02:24

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po porażce w 3 rundzie

Q. How do you explain the five set loss?
JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Because maybe he was better than me. That's it. He was better than me. He played a better match. He was more consistent maybe than me. That's why.

Q. What disappointed you about your game? Any particular thing?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, maybe I broke all the time in the first three sets I broke first, and after that he broke back. I didn't play really my game after that. That's why maybe I'm disappointed.

Q. You kept hitting your hip. Did that slow down your movement at the end of the match?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no, no.

Q. What was your emotion as the match started to get away from you? How did you try and get back on top?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: You know, every day I try to get back on top. I was injured for long months. So I need, you know, some reason. Of course, it's not like this (snapping fingers). You don't do it like this (snapping fingers).

It's okay. You play well, you play your best level every time, and you are constant. No, it's not like this.

I try every day to play, to be better. But sometimes, you know, you have some problem to be really concentrate, and that's it. I think today I lose this match because I need maybe more matches, more competition, and that's it.

Q. So it became a fitness thing in the end? Is that what it was? It went to five, and that's why those last two sets were so hard?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, maybe fitness. But for me it's reasonable, you know. Because when you are used to play every day, you know, two, three hours, to play one match every day, every week, after that, you know, you get used to play a match like this.

But I'm not. So I need that. So maybe it's good. I will go out of this tournament. Yeah, I'm out of this tournament, so I can prepare the next tournament. Maybe in the season I will feel better and better every day.

Q. Looking ahead to tonight's game, young Bernard Tomic has a tough job against Rafael Nadal. What would you do if you were Bernard Tomic going against the No. 1?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Just to play his game and take pleasure. It's not every day you play the No. 1 of the world. I think it's an opportunity for him to give everything and to show his face to the public.

Q. You said you were out of rhythm out there today. How do you actually feel like you're hitting the ball at the moment?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: I hit the ball well, but maybe I don't move enough well.

Q. How much did you know about your opponent going in, and what did you learn about him coming out of the match insofar as his game is concerned?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: You know, I played him one time already in Wimbledon, and it was tough also. So I learn it's a good player. Maybe next time I will try to be better. That's it.

Q. Is there anything about his game maybe that changed since you faced him at Wimbledon?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: No, not really. I think today was just about me and not about this.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 98548.html

#51 15-02-2011 11:01:51

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Pierwszy finał w 2011 roku.

Francuz przegrał finał turnieju ATP500 w Rotterdamie z Robinem Soderlingiem. Był to 7 finał w karierze Tsongi. Francuz ma korzystny bilans takich potyczek: 5-2.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - finały (2)
2011 Rotterdam
2008 Australian Open

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#52 05-04-2011 14:49:34

Kazik

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Robin Soderling

Tsonga splits from coach of seven years

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110404/25/b07ba967529c09d23801880c756eeee8.jpg

France's Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has parted company with coach Eric Winogradsky.

"Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Eric Winogradsky have mutually agreed to end their collaboration," the French Federation of Tennis said in a statement.

The FFT added that Tsonga, the world number 17, was to set up his own training structure.

Under Winogradsky's guidance, Tsonga, 25, reached the 2008 Australian Open final as well as win the Paris Masters title the same year.

They had been working together since 2004.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/04042011/58/ … years.html

#53 20-05-2011 18:58:11

jaccol55

Administrator

MR. SPONTANEITY: TSONGA FLIES SOLO
DEUCE

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/7632B6F227114AEA8B0A0B1BDA6CCBB9.ashx
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is hopeful of a return to the Top 10, and believes that enjoying his time
on court will allow him to play his best tennis.

Without a coach for the first time in seven years, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is hoping to build on the lessons he learned in 2008 in order to regain the spontaneity in his game.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the breath of fresh air that swept through men’s tennis in 2008, has sometimes found it difficult to adjust to a life in the media spotlight. “I think when I first came onto tour, I played well, but then with results there was lots more expectation and off-court interest as I rose up the rankings,” admitted Tsonga, at the Internazionali BNL d'Italia.

“It was difficult to categorise every part of my life. It was tough to be recognised, as outside of the court I am really quiet and private. Now I am trying to relax before matches. I think I just need to play without thinking and without pressure also.”

“I want to be spontaneous and not have any outside influence”

It is one of the reasons why in April this year he parted company with his French Tennis Federation coach of seven years, Eric Winogradsky, who had previously nurtured Richard Gasquet onto the ATP World Tour. “It was difficult to end my partnership with Eric,” says Tsonga, who rose to a career-high World No. 6 and picked up five ATP World Tour titles under Winogradsky’s guidance. “He took me on when I was 19 and influenced the first part of my career.

“I am not working anymore with a coach. I just play to have fun, play my best tennis, take pleasure from the fight [in a match] and that’s it. I want to be spontaneous and not have any outside influence. I just want to be me, so I don’t have any regrets.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE-Tennis/DEUCE-Roland-Garros-Wimbledon-2011/~/media/BFDBEAFE5C2541A4BE24411E6404B63D.ashx

“I am not asking anyone for advice. I want to figure tactics, everything out for myself. I want to mature more as a person and find the spontaneity that has been missing. Since I have been alone I have been playing better every week [smiling], so I will stay like this. Maybe I will need advice later, but for now I’m fine.”

Patrick Mouratoglou, who currently coaches Jeremy Chardy, is uncertain whether Tsonga can return to the Top 10 of the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings without a coach. “In my experience, it is not possible for anyone to reach the Top 10 without a coach,” says Mouratoglou. “All the players have someone, even Roger Federer had Severin Luthi when he was claiming he had no coach.”

But Mouratoglou appreciates Tsonga’s present need for independence. “I understand that Jo needs, for the moment, to feel freer and to play the way he feels it. In the short term, I believe it will help him get in touch with himself. It is like a love relationship, when it is very difficult to live another love story right after breaking up with someone.

“Jo needs time to get ready for a new professional relationship. He still can become much better than he has ever been. He has a lot of potential. He is one of the players that have the shots and the game to win a Grand Slam. For that purpose, he needs a new project for him and his game.”

“It is very difficult to live another love story right after breaking up with someone”

Many purists will hope that Tsonga’s body will remain fit enough so he can recapture the kind of athletic and dynamic displays that once transfixed the imagination of galleries worldwide. He outmuscled the opposition from their stride, forcing them into hitting a succession of defensive shots in response to booming service deliveries that kick-started his acrobatic game, and produced blistering forehands that scrambled their minds.

“I haven’t changed my technique on different strokes, but the way I approach the sport has changed,” he says. “I try to be perfect in my preparation, working with the best people and make a serious investment in that. My fitness and work with my physio have become even more important. Now I feel good.”

So can Tsonga play without fear once again on court, despite all his setbacks, and put together a run of strong performances tournament after tournament? Marcos Baghdatis’s former mentor, Mouratoglou, thinks so.

“For each player there is a certain level of fear, confidence and motivation all the time,” believes Mouratoglou. “Fear is the enemy that confidence and motivation can fight with. All those three elements are constantly moving, and that explains why sometimes it is easier for a player to fight against his fear.

“In the exceptional case of Novak Djokovic right now – and Rafael Nadal last year – there will still be a lot of fear because his expectations rise and rise. But his level of confidence is so high that he can easily fight against it. All the players need this stress, because without it they cannot be efficient on the court.

“In Jo’s case, he has a very strong personality. He has never been afraid to show his ambitions. He needs adrenaline and challenges to be better. He knows it. That is why he often puts a lot of pressure on himself because his tennis needs it. He is a great fighter with a strong ego and this is what makes him so competitive. He brings a lot of confidence and power. Players feel strong being close to him in the same team.”

“He needs adrenaline and challenges to be better”

At 26 years of age, Tsonga's body may no longer be the supple and agile frame that took him to the Australian Open final and BNP Paribas Masters title three seasons ago. But by attempting to regain the spontaneity and fluidity of his vintage performances, Tsonga hopes he will be able to dish out more savage lessons on smothering his rivals.

“I still love the sport, even more than a year ago, when it was difficult for me,” he says. “I still love playing on the grand stages and I want to take a lot of pleasure on the court, so that I can play my best tennis. In the next few months I want to be back in the Top 10 and start winning titles again.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- … songa.aspx

#54 22-05-2011 19:56:32

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 00081.html

#55 24-05-2011 22:52:30

jaccol55

Administrator

''I’d go fishing with Rafael Nadal''

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3716/b0522tsonga01.jpg

Our "choose a player" feature reveals the fun, friendly side of the stars appearing at this year's French Open. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, a favourite with his home crowd, is today's willing participant.

Which player would you choose…

To share a good bottle of wine with?

(Thinks for a while) Mika Llodra, he knows his stuff.

To take to your favourite restaurant?

Kei Nishikori, because my favourite restaurant is Minori in Paris. It's a great Japanese restaurant. I'll show him that French sushi is better than Japanese sushi (laughs).

To accompany you to the Cannes film festival?

Ana Ivanovic. She would be great arm candy.

To play in a film with?

David Ferrer. He'd play Forrest in Forrest Gump, and I'd play Bubba, his shrimp fishing friend.

To go out on the town with in Las Vegas?

La Monf' (Gaël Monfils), no question about it.

To play in a band with?

Dustin Brown, that would be great. We'd make beautiful reggae.

As master of ceremonies for your wedding?

Novak Djokovic, he would be great at that.

To take to a football match?

Jurgen Melzer. I played football with him in the United States, and he's really good. He loves it.

To go and see stand-up comedy with?

Andy Roddick.

To take fishing?

Rafael Nadal.

To open a bar with?

Marat Safin. Once night falls he's the guy to hang around with.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 70251.html

#56 26-05-2011 22:24:27

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 00111.html

#57 27-05-2011 22:18:13

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po porażce w 3 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 00168.html

#58 28-05-2011 15:14:52

jaccol55

Administrator

#59 13-06-2011 18:44:56

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Queens Club 2011 - pierwszy finał na trawie.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga dotarł do finału turnieju ATP w Queens Club. Był to jego 2 finał w 2011 roku i 1 na kortach trawiastych. Jak do tej pory 7 swoich finałów 26-letni Francuz grał na kortach twardych. Tsonga przegrał mecz o tytuł po raz 3 w karierze.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - przegrane finały (3)

2011 Rotterdam, Queens Club
2008 Australian Open

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#60 16-06-2011 22:09:29

jaccol55

Administrator

TSONGA BARES ALL FOR EVERYMAN CAMPAIGN

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/D401A5B136D44736AB18E56CA26A6AC7.ashx
Tsonga In Cosmopolitan.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is the latest player on the ATP World Tour to pose naked... for a good cause. The Frenchman can be seen in all his glory in the June issue of the U.K.'s Cosmopolitan magazine.

Tsonga is the third tennis player to bare all in support of the Everyman Male Cancer Campaign, following in the footsteps of Spaniards Tommy Robredo and Fernando Verdasco. The Everyman campaign raises awareness of, and funds research into, testicular and prostate cancer.

Cosmopolitan features different celebrities in nude centerfolds each month to aid UK’s leading male cancer campaign. Through its centerfolds, the magazine has helped raise vital funds for the 39,000 men a year diagnosed with male-specific cancer.

The World No. 19 did the photoshoot in Monte Carlo earlier this year. In the accompanying interview, Tsonga disclosed, "On a woman, I love beautiful eyes." As for what he likes most about his body, the Frenchman revealed, "My favourite part of my body is my buttocks, but I don't like my feet."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Cosmo.aspx

Stopka forum

RSS