Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#101 24-06-2010 11:38:02

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Lleyton Hewitt

100 zwycięstw na trawie L.Hewitta!

Wczorajsze zwycięstwo nad Korolevem, w 2 rundzie Wimbledonu 2010 to było setny wygrany mecz przez Australijczyka na trawie. Jako pierwszy z wciąż grających graczy Rusty tej sztuki dokonał.

Najwięcej wygranych spotkań na trawie (aktywni gracze):
1. Lleyton Hewitt - 100
2. Roger Federer - 98
3. Andy Roddick - 81
4. Rafael Nadal - 33

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#102 24-06-2010 12:00:55

Serenity

User

Hewitt records 100th win on grass

Lleyton Hewitt's assured progress towards the third round was given a further boost when his opponent, Evgeny Korolev of Kazakhstan, retired with a shoulder injury when trailing 6-4 6-4 3-0.

Korolev had looked in no trouble in the opening set as he slammed six aces but midway through the second set he called for the trainer and had extended treatment on his right arm and shoulder and his neck. More treatment followed at the end of the second set but it was clear his arm strength had gone and he called it a day after twice dropping serve in the third set.

It was Hewitt's 100th career victory on grass, the best of any active player, and his 550th win in total. The 2002 Wimbledon champion, seeded 15th here, is in rare form after hip surgery early in the year and came into Wimbledon on a confident high following his win over Roger Federer in the Halle final this month,which halted a 15-match losing streak against the Swiss.

Hewitt, who next takes on Gael Monfils, had vociferous Australian support on No1 Court against Korolev, and though the Kazak's first shot was an ace it was soon clear that Hewitt was in confident command, particularly on his own serve, on which he conceded a mere five points in that 35-minute first set.

Korolev, who switched nationality from Russian to Kazakh at the start of this year, put a temporary halt to the Hewitt domination by taking a 2-0 lead at the start of the second set, which he greeted with a pump of the fist. But the joy was short-lived.

Hewitt broke back at once, the start of a four-game streak, and after holding serve with his seventh and eighth aces Korolev decided it was time for the trainer to be summoned. When he resumed he could not save the second set from going to Hewitt, who landed 77 per cent of serves and won 88 per cent of them.

After 12 minutes of the third set and three games, all of which went the way of the 29-year-old Australian, Koroleve had had enough. It was his fourth loss in five matches at Wimbledon.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/mat … 30245.html

#103 26-06-2010 13:36:15

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

Q. Can you sum it up, please, Lleyton.

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, it was always going to be a tough match. You know, he's flashy, like most French guys. He's got a lot of firepower out there.

Yeah, he moves well. Obviously grass takes away a little bit of his movement, his best movement, I think.

But in terms of, yeah, his serve, he hits all the spots extremely well. So that's what makes it tough on a grass court. And I felt like I played well out there today. I played smart tennis.

Q. What's the best part about your game at the moment?

LLEYTON HEWITT: A little bit of everything. I served well for two sets today. Third set I didn't serve as well, but I didn't need to as much. But the first two sets I served extremely well. I took my chances. What Heals and I planned, I executed to perfection the first couple of sets. That was the pleasing part so far.

Every match is different, but today was a step up in class, and I rose for it.

Q. Second week, this is where you always wanted to be?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Absolutely. It's about surviving the first week, giving yourself a chance. Gets tougher now. Step up in class again against a top‑four opponent. Now see what happens.

Q. How do you feel about the shape you're in, the form you're in now, compared to the last few years at this stage?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, well, I feel good at the moment. Obviously, yeah, I've had a couple of rough times just with hips and feeling ‑‑ yeah, the first hip I played with when it wasn't even close to a hundred percent for quite a while. Yeah, it got to the stage I wanted to play Wimbledon, about a couple months after that I ended up having to have surgery. Yeah, that was frustrating, playing with that.

But, yeah, I'm probably more surprised how well I've been able to bounce back from the last couple of surgeries to how I'm moving and feeling physically, able to bounce back day after day at the moment, which is pleasing.

Q. Would this be the best look at this point at the weekend?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Oh, every slam's different purely on the fact of it depends the matches and the time you spend on court. Right at the moment I'm feeling pretty good. My body's feeling good, which is a great thing. The hip's not a problem at all. Yeah, that's a huge positive.

Q. Perhaps the best for four or five years?

LLEYTON HEWITT: As I said, it's hard, purely because sometimes you survive a five‑setter or something in the first couple of matches, but that can wear on you a little bit. Yeah, right at the moment, you know, I've done everything I've needed to do.

Q. Were you especially pleased to stay in that tiebreak after you had a couple of fluffy forehands, to keep your focus and get through? I think that would have given him a big lift.

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, it was a big set to get out of for me, one, because I felt like I had pretty much dominated the whole set. I didn't give him any chances on my service game whatsoever. I was the only one that had any chances.

I felt like I was, you know, getting into his service games, but he came up with some big serves at the right times when he needed to.

The breaker, it was a little bit of everything. But that's Monfils. You know, he'll come out and play a couple of blinding shots, and then he'll come and give you a couple of double‑faults.

It's not an easy person to play against because he doesn't give you that rhythm and you don't know what's going to happen.

Q. Can you talk about the Djokovic match, what you expect, what you'll need to do?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, I haven't even thought about it yet. So, yeah, obviously get a couple days off now. So today we'll just enjoy getting through and being in the second week.

But, yeah, he's a quality opponent. As I said, it's another step up. You know, go out there. If I go out there the way that I've been playing and hitting the ball, I can give him a run for his money.

Q. How do you rate him as a grass courter, specifically?

LLEYTON HEWITT: He's been a little bit up and down over the years. I played him at Queen's once the year that he made the final against Rafa at Queen's. I thought he played bloody well on grass that year in particular.

Then he came and lost to Safin second round I think here at Wimbledon, which was surprising. So he's been a little bit up and down on grass.

Q. Obviously our sport has three really distinct surfaces. Between clay, hard, grass, which surface do you think demands the most of an athlete?

LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know. It's a tough question. You know, grass, you know, obviously it's an all‑court game. It's a lot harder on your body than people think, I think, purely because the ball is staying so low on a grass court. Sometimes it takes it out of your legs on a grass court.

With the clay, it's sliding. A bloody tough surface. But in terms of purely because of the rallies are more longer, that's the toughest part about clay.

Hard court, that's tough on your body just purely because of the jolting around on a hard surface.

So I can't pinpoint one.

Q. What did you make of Isner‑Mahut? You're a guy who has been around for a long time. Staying out there for 11 hours.

LLEYTON HEWITT: My matches wouldn't go that long. I'd either break or lose serve.

Q. What did you make of it?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Well, it's amazing. You know, like everyone said before me, it's incredible, to think that both guys can serve that well and not play a couple of loose points.

I saw a little bit of it at patches, but you have to take your hat off to Mahut to be diving around. You know, he looked fresh as a daisy. Obviously, it was telling on John today, you know, to try and bounce back from that ‑ not only physically but emotionally, too, mentally. It would never have been easy for him today.

Q. You're one of the most intense players in our game. After winning the tiebreak, you were doing the fist pumps multiple times. How do you think the fire in your belly is now compared to six, seven years ago when you were a good bit younger?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, I think it's still the same.

Q. Why is that?

LLEYTON HEWITT: That's who I am. You can't buy that. You know, that's my personality coming out on the court. Yeah, I've always played with my heart on my sleeve.

Doesn't matter what the situation. If I'm up for the fight, then, you know, it's going to show at the right times, I think. It's not something you premeditate before you go out there to play.

Q. You're known for your wheels, a lot of things. But is that your greatest strength as a player?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, I'm not sure. I'd like to think that I've got a few strengths, not just one.

Q. But where does your will to win come in?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Oh, it's obviously up there. Wins a lot of matches for me. Yeah, I'd rather have it than not have it, that's for sure.

Q. Did you feel today that your performance went a long way to justifying the Club's decision to give you the boost in seeding?

LLEYTON HEWITT: No, I didn't even think about that at all. Yeah, in terms of seedings, they have their own formula. It's not actually the Club choosing where you go, which I think a lot of people write up, which is wrong. They actually have a formula that they use every year.

Whether it's right or not, that's everyone's opinion. But they go by the rule that they set. It's not the same as when I first came on the tour and they just pick and choose where people would go.

Q. Apart from playing Novak at the Australian Open after you played Baghdatis in that dusk‑to‑dawn match, how has Novak hurt you in the past when he's beaten you?

LLEYTON HEWITT: He moves exceptional. He's a great mover on the court. He's a great athlete. He's very solid from both sides of the court. Yeah, good first serve. Yeah, he's an all‑around player. He can slice, as well.

But, yeah, I think he can attack and defend extremely well. You know, when he won the Australian Open, that was probably his biggest asset. He was serving well, but he was attacking and defending well.

Q. What plans for the weekend? Going to get away from tennis at all?

LLEYTON HEWITT: No, nothing. Still got to stay in the moment. Nothing different to any other off days.

Q. Looking to the match against Djokovic, do you see Monday's match, being in the form you're in, you beat Roger two weeks ago, playing on your favorite surface, do you see this match as being one of your best chances in probably the last three or four years of beating a top‑four player in a real billing Grand Slam match?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, I don't know. I always go out there and give myself a chance. I guess, you know, in the pecking order here, out of the top four guys, Novak is probably the fourth out of those top‑four guys on grass right at the moment.

But Roger and Rafa are the two main guys. I'm going to go out there and take it to him and see what I've got.

Q. In another event, Australia had a good result against Serbia. Is that going to give you a huge jolt of confidence in your matchup with Novak?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Not really. It was a good result, but it wasn't good enough, you know.

Q. Did you give him a little bit of a hard time about that?

LLEYTON HEWITT: No, no. I think I made one comment. They were shattered, him and Zimonjic, in the locker room. They expected us to tank.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/int … 81684.html

#104 28-06-2010 21:38:20

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2010 - wywiad po porażce w 4 rundzie

Q. Two sets to love down, you came back, do you feel that was one that got away from you in the end?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yes and no. Yeah, he went back to playing some of his better tennis again in the fourth set. I didn't serve as well as I needed to.

Yeah, to put him under pressure, you know, I had a couple of 30‑All games there late in the fourth set that I couldn't quite turn around. The two service games I lost in the fourth set, I really should have won both of those.

He hit some good returns, deep returns on them, but I was up in both service games.

Q. Could you tell there was anything wrong with him in that third set?

LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know. He's always got something. So I wasn't focusing on it, yeah, at all. I was just trying to play my game. Yeah, he looked fine again in the fourth.

Q. It was a surprise he actually called for medical assistance at that stage in the match?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, well, he looked pretty comfortable at two sets to love, so yeah.

Q. Must be pretty disappointed about the finish to your campaign?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, I guess. Well, you know, always when you lose any Grand Slam, you're disappointed. Yeah, I won't really reflect on it right at the moment. Over the next couple weeks.

Yeah, a lot of positives to take out of the last month, though, so... Got to try and look at those as much as possible.

Q. Physically, you came up all right at the end of the game? Hip is fine?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, fine.

Q. The US Open is the last slam of the year. Your next big focus?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, obviously. Haven't even thought about it up till now. Yeah, obviously you start that hard court swing and the US Open Series, you know, then the big pitch is obviously the US Open, a place that I enjoy playing at, so...

Q. Still think you got a chance you'll come back here and go a bit further? Still think you can win this tournament again?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah. As I said, I feel like I've got as good a chance as a few guys there that can win it. Yeah, I need a little bit of luck always. You know, even though Novak, it's possibly not his best surface, he's still a helluva player, especially from the back of the court. He's able to hit a lot of winners out there, you know, on any surface and he moves extremely well.

Yeah, I think if things fall my way, then yeah, sure.

Q. Did you think you had the match in your control at 2‑All when you broke back in the fourth set?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Uhm, yes. But, you know, he played a good game to break me first game of the ‑‑ he got lucky with the net cord but hit a few good returns the first game of the fourth set. He's that kind of opponent that, you know, if you don't get a high percentage of first serves in, he'll jump on your second serve and put you under pressure. Yeah, I was never taking anything for granted.

Q. He said he was suffering from stomach cramps. Has that ever happened to you, where you suffered, then regained your momentum later in the game?

LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know. I haven't had it.

Q. Did you change your tactics at all in the third set when you saw he was in trouble?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Not really. I still tried to, yeah, come in a little bit, put him under some pressure when I can. He's not the easiest person to come in against, though, purely because he moves so well at the back of the court. If you don't hit your approach shot in the exact right position, uhm, yeah, you're gonna get punished obviously.

So, uhm, I was trying to bide my time obviously. I didn't quite return as well as I would have liked.

Q. Is it hard not to think that you'll be 30 when you come back here next year, the chances are slipping away? Do you sense that?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Not really, no. Yeah, I come back, I give a hundred percent and see what happens. I'd much rather be in my position of coming back at 30 and won it before than never have won it and trying to win your first one.

Yeah, that's the upside.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/int … 88579.html

#105 06-07-2010 09:11:40

Serenity

User

Hewitt still has hopes for Wimbledon

By the time he returns to Wimbledon next summer aged 30, Lleyton Hewitt belive he will still have his chances to win a second title.

The Aussie took the trophy in 2002, he exited at this just-completed edition in the fourth round to Novak Djokovic.

But that defeat does not dent the legendary Hewitt confidence. "I'd much rather be in my position of coming back at 30 and won it before than never have won it and trying to win your first one," he said. "I'll come back, give 100 per cent and see what happens. That's the upside."

Hewitt had given himself a chance at Wimbledon by winning the grass-court Halle title in Germany last month over Roger Federer. The six-time champion Swiss was eliminated in the Wimbledon quarter-finals by Tomas Berdych, who later put out Djokovic.

Hewitt's summer schedule on hardcourt will be full-on, with entries at Atlanta, Washington, Montreal and Cincinnati before the US Open in New York.

"I need a little bit of luck always," admitted the optimistic Aussie. "If things fall my way, there are a lot of positives to take out of this. My body is standing up well, I can compete with the top guys at this level."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … _Wimbledon

#106 06-07-2010 10:08:45

Serenity

User

Lleyton Hewitt: I have a Grand Slam win in me

A DEFIANT Lleyton Hewitt vowed to return to Wimbledon as a title contender despite a shattering fourth-round loss to an ailing Novak Djokovic.

Hewitt lamented poor late-match serving as he plunged to a 7-5 6-4 3-6 6-4 defeat, ending an otherwise excellent grasscourt season.

The South Australian bristled at the suggestion that, at 29, his chances of adding a second Wimbledon crown were slipping away.

"I'd much rather be in my position of coming back at 30 (next year) and won it before than never have won it and trying to win your first one," Hewitt said.

"Yeah, I'll come back, give 100 per cent and see what happens. That's the upside."

The downside was that although he lost the first two sets, Hewitt should have won the match.

Djokovic was ill and all the momentum was with the Australian heading into the fourth set. Yet Hewitt twice blundered badly on serve.

The first, from 40-15 in the opening game of the set, was costly, but redeemed three games later. The second from 30-0 in the ninth game was a fatal blow.

There was a time when the faintest scent of blood was sufficient to drive ruthless Hewitt over the line.

He partially conceded this was a huge opportunity that had slipped away.

"Yes and no," he said.

"He went back to playing some of his better tennis again in the fourth set. I didn't serve as well as I needed to.

"To put him under pressure, you know, I had a couple of 30-all games there late in the fourth set that I couldn't quite turn around.

"The two service games I lost in the fourth set, I really should have won both of those.

"He hit some good returns, deep returns on them, but I was up in both service games."

Djokovic has an unenviable reputation for taking the easy option when grand slam battles get tough.

The Serb has quit mid-match in the 2006 French Open quarters, Wimbledon 2007 semis and, as defending champion, at the 2009 Australian Open.

There was a real sense as the match entered the fourth set that Djokovic might again hoist the white flag. Instead he gambled and resumed the cavalier strokemaking that dominated Hewitt in the first two sets.

Djokovic was treated by a doctor at the end of the second set for a stomach problem - and could barely move in the third set.

Hewitt had hoped to follow his victory in the final against Roger Federer in Halle, Germany, with a deep run at his favourite tournament.

He will next focus on the North American hardcourt summer circuit, starting with Atlanta, Washington, Montreal and Cincinnati before the US Open in New York in late August.

"Obviously you start that hardcourt swing and the US Open Series," he said.

"Then the big pitch is obviously the US Open, a place that I enjoy playing at," he said.

After that is another Australian Open campaign and, ultimately, a 13th tilt at Wimbledon.

"I feel like I've got as good a chance as a few guys there that can win it," Hewitt said.

"I need a little bit of luck always. I think if things fall my way, then yeah, sure. There are a lot of positives to take out of this.

"My body is standing up well, knowing that I can compete with the top guys at this level."

Andy Roddick 4-6 7-6 (7-3) 7-6 (7-4) 6-7 (5-7) 9-7.

The other match-ups are Jo-Wilfried Tsonga against Andy Murray and Robin Soderling against Rafael Nadal in a French Open final rematch.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/lleyt … 5885885580

#107 12-07-2010 18:48:22

Serenity

User

Aussie tennis ace Lleyton Hewitt loses battle for 'come on' catchcry

TENNIS star Lleyton Hewitt has lost a legal battle over his famous "come on" catchcry.

Lleyton Hewitt Marketing failed to remove a trademark owned by Brisbane man John Sheils which consisted of the words "come on" accompanied by a fist-pumping gesture.

Mr Sheils said he designed the mark with his two daughters and registered it in 2004 with the intention of creating a mark "representative of all Australian sports people."

But Hewitt's team argued the words and fist pump were associated with the tennis star in the eyes of the public.

Hewitt, 29, is not the only tennis player known for the "come on" shout. Maria Sharapova is also known to utter the phrase, accompanied by a fist pump, when she wins a point.

But Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal prefers to scream "vamos," which means "let's go."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/aussi … 5890554167

#108 21-07-2010 11:12:53

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Hewitt ready for run to the US Open

No one is happier than Lleyton Hewitt to be back onto the hardcourts, with a six-week run until the start of the US Open a refreshing challenge to the revitalised Australian.

Hewitt, seeded third at the Atlanta Tennis Championships, has won 11 of his 28 career trophys in North America and is now well-placed to play on the continent with his family base now a flight away in the Bahamas. Atlanta is back on the ATP calendar after a nine-year absence in the wake of a financial deal with the bankrupt Indianapolis event. Hewitt played the event in 1999 on clay.

"I'm quite comfortable on the hard courts," said the 29-year-old. "I don't think it's too early to start. I'll take next week and one more off before the Open (which begins August 30).

The Australian says he's gained renewed confidence after beating Roger Federer in the final on grass in Halle, Germany before Wimbledon. "Winning Halle gave me a lot of confidence, especially after beating Roger on grass in a final. "The top players like him all tend to play their best at the business end of a tournament."

No. 30 Hewitt's last match was the Wimbledon fourth round, where he lost to Novak Djokovic.
"It's been great being able to have some quality family time since finishing at Wimbledon," he told his website. "I've enjoyed spending all my time with (pregnant wife) Bec, Mia and Cruz away from the tennis courts.

"But it's once again business as usual. I've been training in the heat for the last week and preparing for the American swing towards the US Open."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … he_US_Open

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#109 23-07-2010 09:35:33

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Tatusowi znowu coś dokucza...

Atlanta Open

No. 3 seed Lleyton Hewitt of Australia lost the late match 4-6, 2-6 to Lukas Lacko of Slovakia.

Hewitt blamed an injury, which he refused to disclose, with keeping him from playing at full capacity. He acknowledged, however, that the injury occurred before he arrived in Atlanta.

"On Sunday, I didn't think I'd be able to compete here," Hewitt said. "For me, it was a good effort by the medical staff to be able to get me close to being 100 per cent here."

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#110 23-07-2010 12:23:32

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Lleyton Hewitt crashes in Atlanta to little-known Lukas Lacko

A ginger Lleyton Hewitt has made a losing start to the American hardcourt season, suffering a straight sets defeat in his first match at the Atlanta Tennis Championships.
Little-known Slovak Lukas Lacko, ranked No.76 in the world, thumped Australia's No.3 seed 6-4 6-2 to advance to his fifth quarter-final of the season.

In his first match since Wimbledon, Hewitt dropped serve five times before revealing he'd been unable to practice the past couple days.

“I didn't quite have a lot of rhythm out there,” said Hewitt, who underwent a second round of hip surgery in January.

“Pushing off my serve wasn't the best. That was putting me under a lot of pressure on my service games.”

Lacko sensed there was something troubling Hewitt.

“I played a good ending to the first set and, after breaking in the second, he seemed like he had some minor problems,” Lacko said.

“He needed a couple more steps on his strokes. He was late everywhere. I took advantage of this.

“I tried to be focused only, to hold the serve, not to make his mistakes and make him run.”

Hewitt, 29, has two more tournaments to tune his game ahead of the US Open, which gets underway in New York on August 30.

He will play the Toronto Masters from August 9, then the Cincinnati Masters before having a week off prior to Flushing Meadows.

American top seed Andy Roddick, meanwhile, resumed where he left off nearly a decade ago in Atlanta. A 6-1 6-7 (7-1) 6-3 win over Rajeev Ram put Roddick on the winners list nine years after his last appearance in Atlanta.

Agence France-Presse

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,27 … 09,00.html

#111 23-07-2010 21:29:08

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Hewitt keeping his injury secret to himself

Lleyton Hewitt seems to have taken a page from the Serena Williams playbook on "secrets," with the Australian refusing to reveal the nature of an injury which he blames for a defeat in Atlanta.

The third seed was dumped out in the second round showing some discomfort by Slovak Lukas Lacko in quick straight sets to start his hardcourt summer off on a low note.

But the 29-year-old Hewitt, who underwent his second hip surgery only last January, would only say he couldn't play at his full potential on the night. He did say he had the problem before arriving in Atlanta for the event which begins the run to next month's start at the US Open.

"On Sunday, I didn't think I'd be able to compete here," said the 2001 Open champion, now ranked 30th. "It was a good effort by the medical staff to be able to get me close to being 100 percent here."

Hewitt, now based in the Bahamas, had the whole team on had in the steaming hot southern city. His traveling party not only included wife Bec Cartwright, pregnant with the couple's third child, but the couple's two children as well as Hewitt's parents, at one-time constant fixtures when their son ruled the sport a decade ago.

Hewitt may not be changing his original playing plan, which was to include time off next week followed by the Washington event from August 2. He also hopes to play the Toronto and Cincinnati Masters prior to the August 30 start of the Open in New York.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … to_himself

#112 07-08-2010 19:59:36

rusty Hewitt

Zbanowany

Hewitt out of Toronto Masters with calf strain

Lleyton Hewitt has pulled out of Toronto with a calf strain he suffered in Washington. Writing on his website, Hewitt said he plans to be back at Cincinnati.

#113 26-08-2010 14:40:26

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Hewitt bez trenera

Nathan Healey zrezygnował z posady trenera Lleytona Hewitta. Szkoleniowie mieszka ze swoją rodizną w Philadeplphii i potrzebą spędzania większej ilości zasu z najbliższymi tłumaczy decyzję o rozstaniu ze sztabem najlepszego australijskiego tenisisty ostatnich lat.

Lleyton Hewitt coach Nathan Healey quits

LLEYTON Hewitt is unlikely to appoint a new full-time coach until next season following the surprise resignation of Nathan Healey.
Hewitt will rely on the input of former player Brett Smith at the US Open on Monday after Healey's decision to quit because of family reasons.

Smith is the son of Hewitt's first coach Peter Smith.

Healey lives in Philadephia with his wife Marnie and the couple's young child.  The New South Welshman has recently expressed a desire to spend more time at home.

He is understood to grown tired of life on the road and quit two weeks ago.

Healey worked as Hewitt's coach after being appointed to replace in August, 2009.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/lleyt … 5909633411

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#114 27-08-2010 20:00:37

Serenity

User

Hewitt bez trenera przed US Open

Podczas zbliżającego się US Open, australijski tenisista Lleyton Hewitt pojawi się na kortach bez swojego dotychczasowego trenera, Nathana Healy’ego. Obaj panowie zakończyli współpracę.

O tym, że Hewitt nie będzie już trenował pod okiem Healy’ego poinformował menedżer tenisisty - David Drysdale. Przyznał on, że powodem odejścia trenera były sprawy rodzinne, a rozstanie odbyło się w pokojowej atmosferze.

Na razie Australijczyk nie zamierza zatrudniać nowego opiekuna. – Usiądziemy i pomyślimy o przyszłych kilku miesiącach. Najprawdopodobniej nie będziemy niczego zmieniać przed końcem roku – dodał Drysdale.

Hewitt, który w 2001 roku zwyciężył w US Open, w tegorocznym nowojorskim turnieju Wielkiego Szlema będzie rozstawiony z numerem 32.

http://sport.onet.pl/tenis/hewitt-bez-t … omosc.html

#115 21-09-2010 12:12:16

Art

User

Hewitt out for three weeks with hand surgery

Lleyton Hewitt will miss up to three weeks of autumn ATP play as he heals a hand injury suffered in a Davis Cup tie last weekend.

Australian captain John Fitzgerald said his national No. 1 player hurt himself in the weekend doubles rubber against Belgium in the relegation play after winning his day one singles match.

"Lleyton has a strain in the back of his hand close to his wrist - it was painful," said the skipper. "He sustained it late in the second set. The doc says he will need three weeks to get over it."

The diagnosis could endanger what had been planned as a full schedule of indoor play for the world No. 36.

Hewitt had been hoping to compete in Tokyo sarting in a fortnight and at the Shanghai Masters 1000 next month. The 29-year-old has performed indifferently since a Wimbledon fourth-round appearance against Novak Djokovic, losing in the first round of the US Open to Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu after winning just one summer hardcourt match in North America.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … nd_surgery

#116 22-09-2010 19:52:23

Serenity

User

Hewitt may have got it right on Commonwealth chaos

Lleyton Hewitt may have had a premonition that all would not be well when he withdrew from consideration months ago for the Australian team at the Commonwealth Games.

Now, the former No. 1 is looking like a mind-reader with organisation of the event starting in little more than a week in New Delhi sinking in chaos.

Besides huge security concerns, there are also pressing logistical issues - not to mention a pedestrian bridge which collapsed and injured more than 20 at the ill-starred Games site. Officials are even voicing concern that the event may have to be canceled or delayed.

Among other problems - not only unique to tennis players - athletes are due to arrive within days and only half of the tower blocks which will serve as their temporary homes are completed.

The signs could point to an aborted debut for tennis at the event, where noted British Commonwealth players like Hewitt and Andy Murray are giving the competition a wide berth and sticking to their original ATP schedules for 2010. Hewitt would not have been able to play in any case after injuring his hand in weekend Davis Cup play and now set to miss the next three weeks.

Games bosses have made a plea to the Indian government to step in and remedy the situation with hours passing quickly until the October 3 start. The tennis event runs from October 4-10.

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20100922/ … alth_chaos

#117 24-09-2010 13:31:46

Art

User

Hand injury puts Lleyton Hewitt out of Malaysia, Japan, Shanghai titles

LLEYTON Hewitt faces an uphill battle to recover from ligament damage in his right hand.

Hewitt, 29, has withdrawn from the Malaysian Open in Kuala Lumpur.

He will struggle to be fit for the Japan Open in Tokyo and the Shanghai Masters next month.

"The injury is a week-to-week proposition," Hewitt's manager David Drysdale said.

"The only real remedy is rest so we'll have to see how the injury progresses in regard to Tokyo and Shanghai."

There is a chance Hewitt might not play again this season.

The former world champion suffered the injury while winning his opening singles match in the doomed world group qualifying match with Belgium in Cairns last week.

The South Australian's absence from the reverse singles saw Australia plummet to a humbling 2-3 defeat to competition minnow Belgium.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni … 5928860720

#118 01-10-2010 17:15:19

Art

User

Come on, Hewitt

Każdy kibic powie, że słynne „Come on!” to znak firmowy Lleytona Hewitta. Każdy, tylko nie pochodzący z Irlandii Josh Shiels, który w 2004 roku… zarejestrował ten okrzyk w australijskim urzędzie patentowym. Łatwo zgadnąć, że tenisista ruszył do kontrataku, ale przegrał w pierwszej instancji. Sąd przyznał rację Shielsowi, a na Hewitta nałożył obowiązek pokrycia kosztów postępowania.
Hewitt zapowiedział, że na pewno będzie drugi set.

A co na to Rafael Nadal? Może powinien szybko zastrzec swoje jeszcze bardziej popularne „Vamos!”?

http://www.tenisklub.pl/?req=news&newsI … 162246514f

#119 10-10-2010 17:50:39

Art

User

Hewitt could shake up his start to 2011 season

Lleyton Hewitt may be considering a change in his longtime January schedule, with the 29-year-old possibly skipping an old reliable Aussie tune-up event to start the 2011 season.

The Hewitt camp has been on hold as the main man heals from a hand injury which he suffered in Australia's Davis Cup loss last month in relegation play to Belgium in Cairns. The problem forced Hewitt to skip the Asian swing of the ATP, which wraps up next week with the Shanghai Masters.

After spats in the past - now healed - with the Hopman Cup in Perth, Hewitt has often followed up that event with a place in Sydney on the ATP the week prior to the Australian Open. But his progress has been halted in the quarter-finals in three of his last four appearances.

With two hip surgeries in his medical record, the former No. 1 must now try and pace his game as the fiery little man in a new world of big guns.

The only sure date for next season is Hewitt's third consecutive appearance at the eight-nation Hopman Cup from January 1 along with Alica Molik on the Aussie team. He could then well choose to break with old habits and play in the Kooyong exhibition in Melbourne in the run-up to the January 17 start of the Open.

That special event is where Hewitt got his start as a raw teenager in 1998, beating Andre Agassi in the semis before going on win the title.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20101 … 011_season

#120 21-10-2010 16:58:07

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Hewitt signs on for debut at January Kooyong event

Lleyton Hewitt will be making a huge change in his Australian Open preparation by playing at the AAMI Classic in Melbourne the week before the season's first Grand Slam in January.

Officials said they are also trying to lure Swede Robin Soderling, world No. 5, into the eight-man field.

Hewitt, 29, is so keen to finally win his home major after well over a decade of trying that he will try anything to make sure of his preparation. That will now include skipping his usual Sydney ATP event to play in the four-day competition at Kooyong club, former home of the Open until the late 1980s.

Joining Hewitt in the field will be Wimbledon finalist Tomas Berdych, Russian Mikhail Youzhny, Spain's Fernando Verdasco, and the French pair of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the 2008 Australian Open finalist, and Gael Monfils.

Promoter Colin Stubs and Hewitt go back more than a decade. "I was involved with the ATP Adelaide tournament in 1998, where Lleyton was the recipient of his first wild card," said the promoter. He went on to beat Andre Agassi in the semis and Jason Stoltenberg in the final.

"I have been watching his career with interest since then. His manager called me recently seeking to explore the possibility of varying his Australian Open preparation. An agreement to participate was quickly confirmed."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20101 … yong_event

Stopka forum

RSS