* mtenis.pun.pl - forum tenisowe, Tenis ATP

mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1 03-09-2009 19:31:52

asiek

User

Fabrice Santoro

Toć skandal, że najpiękniej grający tenisista, majstersztyk techniczny, geniusz slajsu, gry oburącz i mistrz gry na małe pola nie ma swojego profilu na forum Jego bajeczny tenis nie przyniósł mu wielkich sukcesów ale z pewnością zachwycał każdego widza przez prawie 20 lat.Teraz powoli musimy żegnać Magika dla którego USO 09 był ostatnim Wielkim Szlemem.

*  Pronounced: fa-BREES san-TOOR-o
    * Birthplace: Tahiti
    * Residence: Geneva, Switzerland
    * Height: 5'10" (178 cm)
    * Weight: 163 lbs (74 kg)
    * Plays: Right-handed
    * Turned Pro: 1989
    * Coach: Laurent Raymond

Fabrice Vetea Santoro w przeciągu 20 lat nie odnosił wielkich sukcesów singlowych. Tylko 6 tytułów singlowych to skutek braku potężnego uderzenia. Najwyższą lokatą w rankingu ATP(17) zanotował w 2001 r.  Francuz za to świetnie odnajdywał się w deblu. Aż 24 tytuły i 18 finałów(głównie z Llodrą i Zimonjicem)

Grand Finale
The curtain fell on the Grand Slam singles careers of two ATP World Tour legends at the US Open Wednesday. Fabrice Santoro, playing his 69th and final major, suffered a straight-sets loss to Juan Carlos Ferrero. And Marat Safin, who triumphed at Flushing Meadows as a 20 year old in 2000, lost in four sets to Jurgen Melzer. Neither player is retiring just yet; they will play out the remainder of the 2009 ATP World Tour season, with the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris looming as the likely final tournament for both.

Santoro has been one of the most intriguing players of his era, defined by his two-handed slice-and-dice approach in defiance of the modern power game. Famously dubbed ‘the magician’ by Pete Sampras after a duel in Indian Wells in 2000, Santoro mesmerises players and fans alike. Looking to spend more time with his family (he missed his daughter’s first day at school this week), Santoro, 36, will be content to settle for a simpler life at home despite his continued passion for the sport.

“I love my sport,” he said. “I did it in this life for so many years.  I was so happy to be on the court… I wouldn’t change anything. The way I play tennis and the way I played the last 20 years was just a lot of fun for me.  It's unusual to play this way. I quickly understood that my style was different… It was very fun for me to play the top guys, try to find a solution [to win] with my old game.  Because when you look at the way I play tennis, I will be more comfortable to play in the '70s than now.

“For sure it's good to play my style. I think people would maybe like to see more players like this. But if I was able to play like Federer, believe me, I would do it.  I mean, you just have to do the best you can do to win matches and to be competitive on the tour.”

Santoro’s best Grand Slam result came at the Australian Open in 2006, when he reached the quarter-finals. He also won back-to-back Australian Open doubles titles (with countryman Michael Llodra) in 2003-04. The Frenchman last missed a Grand Slam tournament in 1998, at Wimbledon

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/blog/fabrice_santoro_01.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39206000/jpg/_39206408_santoro_ap300x245.jpg
http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Tournaments/2008/French_Open/General/2008_05_31_Santoro_article.jpg

#2 03-09-2009 19:51:13

COA

Last hit for Wimby

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Re: Fabrice Santoro

Można do tego dodać, że płacze gdy ktoś serwuje mu na ciało.

MTT GOAT (2xWimbledon, US Open, 7 innych, w tym Miami i Queens)

Come on Andy!

#3 03-09-2009 20:10:26

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Wiesz, oczywiście, że tak wolno, ja jednak uważam, że to nie jest zbyt eleganckie.

#4 03-09-2009 20:20:31

asiek

User

Może i niezbyt eleganckie, lecz przygotowanie fizyczne jak wspominałem nie jest najmocniejszą stroną Magika(paradoksalnie gra najdłużej z wszystkich)
Zobaczymy co będzie robił "serwujący na ciało" mając 36 lat. 
Co najwyżej ryby łowił.

#5 03-09-2009 20:32:53

COA

Last hit for Wimby

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Przynajmniej wygrał coś w życiu.

MTT GOAT (2xWimbledon, US Open, 7 innych, w tym Miami i Queens)

Come on Andy!

#6 03-09-2009 20:35:32

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Dobra, dajmy mu spokój facetowi. Kariera ku końcowi się zbliża bardzo szybko, więc niech sobie pogra jeszcze. Zasłynął jako gracz nietypowy, i w zasadzie tylko tym.

Przez czołowych graczy był lany jak dziecko, i trzeba to jednoznacznie stwierdzić, jednak na pewno ze względu na wrażenia wizualne zapisze się w jakiś sposób w historii tego sportu.

#7 03-09-2009 20:40:48

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Jeden z moich ulubieńców, jak nikt nie potrafił doprowadzić do frustracji wiele czołowych rakiet

#8 03-09-2009 23:25:25

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Fed-Expresso napisał:

Przez czołowych graczy był lany jak dziecko, i trzeba to jednoznacznie stwierdzić, jednak na pewno ze względu na wrażenia wizualne zapisze się w jakiś sposób w historii tego sportu.

Jak na warunki fizyczne jakimi dysponuje to wyniki ma naprawdę niezłe. Ja bym dodał do tego wszystkiego co napisaliście, że jest to niesamowicie sympatyczny facet.

Janie, Ty tutaj nie wyzywaj od płaczusiów Magika, bo jeszcze w styczniu prosiłeś Go by ograł Kolbę w 2 rundzie AO

EDIT:
O narody, cztery tysiące .

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#9 05-09-2009 20:05:56

jaccol55

Administrator

Santoro’s Top 20 Greatest Hits
Fabrice Santoro, whose Grand Slam career came to a close Friday when he lost a first-round doubles match at the US Open, holds the distinction of having played 20 of the 24 players who during their careers held the No. 1 South African Airways ATP Ranking. Santoro, who flies out Saturday to reunite with his wife and eight-year-old daughter in France, recalled a memorable discussion he once had with former No. 1 Yevgeny Kafelnikov, whom he never beat in six meetings.

“Yevgeny Kafelnikov is a Russian and he loves the game and loves to talk,” Santoro said. “At a time when he had won all three or all four of the matches we had played, he came to me and said, “Fabrice, you will never beat me. Even if you start to play well, or even if my ranking starts to slip, you will never beat me. And he was right! I never beat him. The next time we met on the court I said I was going to beat him, but I didn’t. I didn’t take offence at what he said; that’s just Yevgeny.”

In contrast to his 0-6 career record against Kafelnikov, Santoro enjoyed a healthy 3-4 record against Pete Sampras, who famously dubbed him ‘The Magician,’ after a 2002 battle in Indian Wells, a 3-3 record against Andre Agassi and a 7-2 record against Marat Safin.

John McEnroe, Bjorn Borg, Ilie Nastase and John Newcombe are the only No. 1s whom Santoro did not play. The first player to have ranked No. 1 whom Santoro went up against was Jimmy Connors in Vienna in 1992, late in Jimbo’s career. Santoro and Marat Safin are both expected to play their final tournament at the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris in the last week of the season.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … riday.aspx

#10 06-10-2009 20:57:28

szeva

User

Szkoda że Magik z Tahiti kończy karierę bo jego gra była lekiem kojącym Uwielbiałem patrzeć jak Santoro doprowadzał do frustracji potężnych chłopów, jak np Safin ( chociaż Marata było mi wtedy żal)

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 15-10-2009 18:22:18

asiek

User

Powstała książka o Magiku. Na razie tylko w języku francuskim.
http://www.images.hachette-livre.fr/media/imgArticle/HACHETTELITTERATURES/2009/9782012378339-G.jpg

#12 15-10-2009 23:07:43

szeva

User

Patrząc okładkę, jeszcze bardziej się dziwie jak on takim  dziwnym chwytem może odbijąc piłki ???

Ostatnio edytowany przez szeva777 (15-10-2009 23:08:04)

#13 16-10-2009 11:15:25

Serenity

User

Uderzenie o którym mówisz jest firmowym zagraniem Fabrice'a Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone trzeba mieć respekt dla Santoro,że udało mu się nie tylko odbijać tym sposobem piłki,ale także doprowadzić to uderzenie do perfekcji(choć błędy się zdarzają,ale nikt nie jest doskonały)

#14 18-10-2009 12:33:41

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Fed-Expresso napisał:

Dobra, dajmy mu spokój facetowi. Kariera ku końcowi się zbliża bardzo szybko, więc niech sobie pogra jeszcze. Zasłynął jako gracz nietypowy, i w zasadzie tylko tym.

Nie tylko Fabrice ponoć wyznał we francuskim programie TV, że nie ma zamiaru kończyć kariery po sezonie i chce zagrać co najmniej w Melbourne w styczniu. Po co? Jeżeli to mu się uda to zostanie pierwszym graczem w historii, który uczestniczył w eventach WS na przestrzeni 4 kolejnych dekad!

Oto cytat z MTF:

Tonight, during a french TV show, Santoro said that he does'nt want to retire anymore at the end of the year and that he was going to play at least Melbourne next year in order to play GS during four consecutives decades. He said that he was still surprise by his level and feeling competitive. Was he serious ? We'll probably figure out in Bercy.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#15 31-10-2009 12:18:54

Kubecki

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djokovic

http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,96961,71939 … ekord.html

Fabrice'a Santoro kusi Australian Open i rekord

Weteran światowych kortów Francuz Fabrice Santoro zasugerował, że może zmienić swe pierwotne plany i nie zakończyć kariery sportowej po obecnym sezonie. Kusi go udział w styczniowym turnieju wielkoszlemowym Australian Open w Melbourne, dzięki czemu na stałe zapisałby się w historii tenisa.

Niedawno 36-letni Santoro zapowiadał rozbrat z wyczynowym sportem z końcem roku. Jednak, gdyby zagrał w Australian Open, zostałby pierwszym w historii tenisistą, który miałby w dorobku udział w turniejach wielkoszlemowych w ... czterech dekadach. Francuz debiutował w Wielkim Szlemie na kortach Rolanda Garrosa w Paryżu w 1989 roku.

- Od chwili, gdy pewien kanadyjski dziennikarz powiedział mi, że byłbym pierwszy który dokona tej sztuki, zacząłem się zastanawiać, czy nie warto spróbować. Taki niezwykły rekord byłby miłym zwieńczeniem kariery. Muszę się zastanowić - powiedział Santoro.

Wątpliwości Francuza biorą się z faktu, że w grudniu miał już zaplanowany wyjazd na narty.

- Gdybym chciał wytrzymywać pięciosetowe mecze w Melbourne, musiałbym zrezygnować z tej przyjemności i skupić się na przygotowaniach do Australian Open - wyjaśnił.

#16 31-10-2009 14:37:58

asiek

User

No to powodzenia. Jak tylko zdrowie pozwoli to graj Magiku i cały przyszły sezon

#17 08-11-2009 13:59:52

jaccol55

Administrator

Zdobyte trofea:

#1 Lyon 1997
R32    Christophe Van Garsse (BEL) 6-3, 6-2   
R16    Richard Krajicek (NED) 2-6, 7-6(6), 7-6(4)   
Q    Felix Mantilla (ESP) 6-1, 6-1
S    Mark Philippoussis (AUS) 6-4, 6-2
W    Tommy Haas (GER) 6-4, 6-4

#2 Marsylia 1999
R32    Daniel Vacek (CZE) 6-2, 6-3   
R16    Arnaud Di Pasquale (FRA) 6-1, 6-3   
Q    Dominik Hrbaty (SVK)     6-4, 6-3   
S    Marc Rosset (SUI) 6-4, 6-4   
W    Arnaud Clement (FRA) 6-3, 4-6, 6-4

#3 Doha 2000
R32    Lars Burgsmuller (GER) 6-4, 6-1   
R16    John van Lottum (NED) 7-6(9), 6-1   
Q    George Bastl (SUI) 6-2, 6-4   
S    Nicolas Kiefer (GER) 7-5, 6-4   
W    Rainer Schuettler (GER) 3-6, 7-5, 3-0 RET

#4 Dubaj 2002
R32    Michael Kohlmann (GER) 7-6, 3-6, 6-4   
R16    Sebastien Grosjean (FRA) 6-2, 7-5   
Q    Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) 6-4, 7-6(5)   
S    Jiri Novak (CZE)     5-7, 6-3, 7-6(4)   
W    Younes El Aynaoui (MAR) 6-4, 3-6, 6-3

#5 Newport 2007
R32    Alexander Peya (AUT)      6-4, 6-1
R16    Frank Dancevic (CAN)     6-7(6), 6-3, 6-4   
Q    Mischa Zverev (GER) 6-4, 6-3
S    Wesley Moodie (RSA)    7-6(2), 6-3   
W    Nicolas Mahut (FRA) 6-4, 6-4

#6 Newport 2008
R32    Bye    
R16    Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi (PAK) 7-6(4), 6-2   
Q    Ivan Navarro (ESP) 6-3, 7-6(4)   
S    Vincent Spadea (USA)     7-6(4), 6-1   
W    Prakash Amritraj (IND) 6-3, 7-5

Do tego był finalistą 6 innych turniejów, były to:
- 2001 - Halle 
- 1999 - Copenhaga 
- 1998 - Doha
- 1994 - Kitzbuhel
- 1993 - Dubaj 
- 1990 - Toulousa

#18 08-11-2009 22:53:09

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

ATP w Paryżu: Santoro rozegrał ostatni mecz w singlu

Francuz Fabrice Santoro przegrał w niedzielę 4:6, 3:6 z Amerykaninem Jamesem Blakem w pierwszej rundzie turnieju tenisistów rangi ATP Masters 1000 na twardych kortach w paryskiej hali Bercy (z pulą nagród 2,75 mln euro). Był to ostatni pojedynek singlowy w karierze 36-letniego Santoro.
"Tenis przyniósł mi wiele zabawy i miłych zdarzeń, ale teraz muszę złapać głębszy oddech i odpocząć" - powiedział przed zejściem z kortu Francuz, który w paryskiej imprezie wystąpił po raz 15.

Santoro, który w grudniu skończy 37 lat, jest najstarszym tenisistą startujących w obecnym sezonie w ATP Tour. W Bercy wystartuje jeszcze w deblu, razem z rodakiem Sebastienem Grosjeanem, a ich pierwszymi rywalami będą Szwed Johan Brunstroem i Jean-Julien Rojer z Antyli Holenderskich.
Jeśli Francuzi wygrają ten pojedynek, to w 1/8 finału trafią na Mariusza Fyrstenberga i Marcina Matkowskiego, rozstawionych z numerem siódmym. Polacy w pierwszej rundzie mają "wolny los".

Santoro wygrał w karierze sześć turniejów w singlu i sześciokrotnie ponosił porażki w finałach imprez rangi ATP Tour. Większe sukcesy odnosił w deblu, w którym triumfował 24 razy, w tym dwukrotnie w Wielkim Szlemie, zwyciężając w Australian Open w latach 2003-04. Na korcie zarobił blisko dziesięć milionów dolarów.

http://sport.onet.pl/74445,1248732,2074 … omosc.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#19 08-11-2009 23:32:55

szeva

User

Mam nadzieję że zobaczymy jeszcze Fabrice'a na AO

#20 12-11-2009 01:12:13

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

The Net Post: Adieu, Fabrice

Adieu, Fabrice. Or is it finally au revoir? Fabrice Santoro played what everyone assumes was his final match on home soil yesterday, in what was the end of a rare tennis fashion. We not only saw a man who invented shots no one else would imagine playing but he was still bamboozling the opposition as he approached his 37th year.

The roof was almost taken from the Palais Omnisports yesterday when Santoro beat his retreat, exchanging sweaty shirts with American James Blake at the end of a straight-set first-round defeat. The Net Post was happy to sit in on his press conference, from which the answer to an initial question (yes, it was about the emotion of calling it a day) showed how much we shall miss him.

Why spoil the quote by interrupting it? "Before coming onto the court, I was in the locker room with two close friends and my dad. We were joking. We made a few photos. We tried to immortalize the moment," he said. "We knew it might be the last time. When I left the locker room, I immediately focused on the match. I knew I was ready, because I practiced very well during the past days. I worked hard, I had no pain. I was playing well during practice, but this doesn't mean you can play a high-level match. So I wasn't sure.

"I was able to hold my serve. I was the first one to break him. It was a very intense match with high-level tennis. But that feeling of thinking [as I was] coming out of the locker rooms that it might be the last time I would walk down those steps and be in the middle of this huge arena is something very difficult to express. Although I am the one who made the decision eleven months ago to put an end to my career, I still know that many things are going. I'm going to miss many things, and I know the crowd will. I will miss the crowd, and even coming here to press conferences is something I will miss because we have been seeing each other for many years and all these rituals I had in my life are going to disappear.

"So something will be missing. This is why we were talking about a first death or mourning, but on the other hand, I feel relieved, because I think finally I will be able to live normally. I will ask less from my body now. I can thank my body. I was lucky, but I will be able to rest a little bit more. I respected my body but I really pushed my body as far as I could, and I really ran a lot, so you have to know when to stop, especially when I'm going to turn 37 in a month."

And he said he was delighted to have been playing Blake - like Santoro, a thoroughly decent man - in his final match. "Out of 48 players here, there are two or three who wouldn't have given me a hug like Blake did. So I didn't want to play against them." When asked for names, Santoro replied: "It's in my book. Just read it. [Tomas] Berdych, for example. I wouldn't have liked that. Well, first, he [Berdych] is a very good player and he certainly would have won, but, well, this is not really important, but he would have had no emotion. And I wouldn't have given him my T-shirt, anyway, so..."

He had all the grand slam T-shirts. He played in 69 of the major tournaments and reached one quarter-final, in the Australian Open in 2006. He played on each of the centre courts of the world, completing the set last year at Wimbledon when he lost in straight sets to one Andy Murray. He won fourteen times against players who held the No 1 ranking at the time. He is a legend.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ … 908756.ece

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

Stopka forum

RSS