#981 01-02-2010 08:57:45

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Australian Open 2010

Down Under Diary, Day 14
Melbourne, Australia

Federer Believes Murray Will Win A Major
Roger Federer may have extended Great Britain’s title drought in majors for at least another five months, but the Swiss believes it is only a matter of time before Andy Murray joins the Grand Slam Champions club.
“The next one is not going to get any easier [for him],” said the Swiss. “But his game is so good that I'm convinced he will win one. I thought he did really well tonight because conditions were tough.
“He's a wonderful mover, tactician, [has a] great backhand. He has got everything you need to beat the best and to win big tournaments. Sometimes it just doesn't happen when you want. Sometimes it all of a sudden happens without you knowing that it did.
“He's going through a tough generation at the moment. There are many guys [who can challenge for Grand Slams]. So I think it's just not an easy thing to do, [win] Grand Slams, and I proved it again tonight. But I think he's extremely strong in his mind, and I just feel like he's got the game to do it. The question is just when.”

Murray Manages To Make A Joke Of It
One year ago, when Roger Federer lost the Australian Open final to Rafael Nadal, the Swiss cried on the shoulder of his Spanish victor during the trophy presentation ceremony.
It’s catching, it seems. Having lost his second major final and failed to end Great Britain’s 74-year wait for a male Grand Slam singles winner, an understandably disappointed Andy Murray choked back tears as he thanked the crowd and his family and friends back home for all their support before joking: “I can cry like Roger; it's a shame I can't play like him.”

Players Discuss Greatest Ever
As Roger Federer lifted his 16th major singles trophy, Indian doubles star Mahesh Bhupathi asked the Twitter world – “good time to debate who is the greatest. Vijay says Laver.. I say Roger.. Some say Borg. Fed on song is unbeatable..”
“courageous effort by Andy_Murray, but Roger Federer is the Greatest Tennis Player of All-Time, end of discussion,” wrote former player-turned TV commentator Justin Gimelstob.
“Fed at 16 (majors)... He will get to 20. Still hungry and still better than the rest!!” commented Bhupathi in answer to his own question. “The stats Rog is putting up over the last few years won't be duplicated in my lifetime..that's for sure.. Number 1 in my book..”
“I'd say rog (Federer), (Rod) laver and pete (Sampras) are top 3 in that order but I put Lendl very high on the list too,” answered American Rajeev Ram.
Indian player Somdev Devvarman agreed: “Rog and laver... noone else is in the same league in my opinion.”

Jamie Murray Misses Tie-Break To Catch Flight
Jamie Murray was still in the dark as to his younger brother’s result in the Australian Open final when he was called to board a flight to Zagreb, where he will compete in the PBZ Zagreb Indoors with Jonathan Marray next week.
In a succession of tweets, the 23 year old said: “Looking forward to watching the final...in the Star Alliance lounge at Heathrow! What am I doing?! Predictions.....
“Tuning into 909 to listen to johnathan overend and pat cash (on BBC 5Live) doing the final..come on andy!!!
“I'm in a taxi on way to heathrow for flight to croatia! Gutted to be listening to you guys! Hahah
“Boarding flight now! Gonna have to switch my phone off in the tie break!”

More To Come From Paes
Indian Leander Paes partnered Zimbabwe’s Cara Black to his 11th Grand Slam win in Sunday’s mixed doubles final and believes he still has more to offer the sport at the age of 36.
“One of the first questions I was asked at my age, to continue winning Grand Slams,” said Paes. “That was something we were talking about at the prize ceremony. 21st Grand Slam final, 11th win. The beauty of continually putting in the hard work day in and day out in the gym or on the track when you're not feeling great, these are the things you play for.
“That's the thing about tennis, that it keeps teaching me. I'm a student of life; I'm a student of tennis. It keeps teaching me about getting better. If Roger Federer can keep improving, I think all of us can still improve.”

Eric BanaStar Spotting
The Australian Open attracted a whole host of famous faces to Melbourne Park. Among them were: actors Eric Bana, Jesse Metcalfe, Les Hill and Geoffrey Rush, singer Lily Allen, TV personality Erin McNaught, Antonia Kidman (younger sister of Nicole), Olympic swimming gold medallists Stephanie Rice and Liesel Jones, Aussie Rules footballer Ben Cousins, former Australian Idol winner Guy Sebastian, restaurant critic Matt Preston, guitarist Darren Middleton and sports commentator Sam Kekovich.

Statistic Of The Day
Over the Australian Open fortnight, fans devoured 15,000 Aussie sausages, 110,000 ice creams, 100,000 cups of coffee, 150,000 bottles of Evian water, 85,437 bottles of Jacobs Creek wine, 80,000 bottles of Heineken and 230,000 draught cups and more than 50,000 buckets of hot chips.
In the player cafe, players ordered more than 3,500 Chef's specials and 2,000 pasta dishes per day during peak times. The players also loved salad, with more than 1.400 per day consumed during peak periods.

Record Attendance
The 2010 Australian Open enjoyed a record tournament attendance of 653,860, beating the previous record of 605,735 set in 2008.
“I'm very thankful to the legends of the game who created this great platform for us,” said Federer. “We did have another record crowd attendance at the Australian Open. For me to be part of something like this is something also very special, of course.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Diary.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#982 01-02-2010 11:00:57

Sydney

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Gaston Gaudio

Wyłaczając Us open 07 po raz pierwszy w wielkoszlemowym finale kibicowalem przeciwko Rogerowi , choć nie sposobem : "skuś baba na dziada" a zdecydowanie na zdrowszych zasadach tj. chciałem by Fed wzniósł sie jedynie na swój wysoki poziom stanów średnich , z elementami zawiechy tudzież snu , a Andy w sobie znany sposób miał taki uklad wykorzystać . I Po dwukrotnej lekturze finału  widze że własnie tylko przy tej okazji Andy móglby zawalczyc w tym finale skuteczniej , no ale niestety dla niego Roża w dwoch pierwszych setach otarł sie o granice tenisowych mozliwosci które nawiasem mówiąc sam kiedyś wyznaczył , i one niejako ustawił finały . Śmiem twierdzić że gdyby Mary nie dzwigał na plecach cięzkiego bagażu dwóch setach , czyli gdyby trzeci set byl oddzielną historią no to spokojnie tą partie zapisal by na swoje konto Najbardziej szkoda oczywiscie tych najklorowniejszych sytuacji tj  nie wyserwowanego  gema na seta , oraz banlanego bledu przy 6-5 w Tb , ale z drugiej strony  koniecznie trzeba powiedziec  że ze wzgledu na pogarszający sie stan ciala szkota , ewentualny set nie bylby żadnym  zwrotem ,  bo ja byc moze naiwnie ale ufam że te bóle w kolanie i w kręgosłupie wcale nie byly przez Marego sfingowane .  On może i nie miał przesadnie wyczerpującej drogi do finalu , ale jednak takim ewenementem fizycznym jak Fed nie jest i nigdy już nie będzie , a bieganie na nawierzchni typu Hard , to nie  ta sama rozkosz dla stawów co powiedzmy szybsze przebiezki po trawie .

Janko Tipsarevic ~~ Marcos Baghdatis ~~ Philipp Kohlschreiber
~~Nicolas Almagro~~Jeremy Chardy~~Gaston Gaudio~~Dmitry Tursunow~~Eduardo Schwank~~

#983 01-02-2010 11:28:29

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Czy mógłby ktoś zrelacjonować w skrócie jakie tezy postawił Pan Wojtek w programie?

Bo niestety dałem ciała i zapomniałem obejrzeć .

#984 01-02-2010 11:46:37

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Żadnych rewelacji; Federer-jest-wielki, a teraz nawet jeszcze-większy, zagrał genialnie pod każdym względem, Kubot miał super wynik, a Isia oby kiedyś zrobiła semi w WS.   Nawet do rzeczy gadał.

#985 01-02-2010 12:18:08

gosea

User

Po raz pierwszy od dłuższego czsu widać było gołym okiem,że z głową Rogera jest co raz lepiej.
On nie musi nic udowadniać,gra bez obciązen,jest spełniony pod każdym względem i to widać na korcie.
Mysle,że teraz będzie groźniejszy niż kiedykolwiek.
Porażka na USO z Del Potro pozwolila mu wyciągnąc wnioski i z Murrayem zrobił to co powinien z Argentynczykiem czyli nie rozluźnił się we frajerski sposób i skończył w trzech setach.
Murray wcale nie zagrał źle aczkolwiek zginął troszkę od własnej broni.Roger przyjął jego taktykę (czego Szkot pewnie się nie spodziewał) i fantastycznie go kontrował.
Obaj w przekroju calego turnieju zasluzyli na finał ale z taką grą z Federerem nikt nie mialby szans.
Trzeba oddać cesarzowi to co cesarskie:D

#986 01-02-2010 13:24:15

Robertinho

Australian Open - What the papers said: Fed's sweet sixteen

Newspaper and website reaction, from both the UK and Australia, to Roger Federer's straight sets win over Andy Murray in the Australian Open final in Melbourne.

BRITISH REACTION

The Guardian

Murray mislays spirit of daring in brutal defeat

He finished in tears, with a hole in the toe of his right shoe and tugging at cycling shorts that were annoyingly tight, but, while there are nicer ways of putting it, there is no escaping the conclusion that at key points in the final of the Australian Open Andy Murray let himself, rather than anyone else, down.

The Daily Telegraph

Federer genius too much for Murray

So, a nation's long wait came to an end in the Rod Laver Arena yesterday, with Switzerland's first Grand Slam title for six months.

The Times

Crying shame: The wait goes on after Murray succumbs to Federer

Andy Murray is probably the finest mortal tennis player on the earth. Yesterday he ran into a god. He went to the final of the Australian Open, and he took his A-game. Alas, Roger Federer also took his.

Daily Express

Andy loss is a crying shame

Following two Grand Slam finals and two comprehensive losses, the uncomfortable question being asked at the Rod Laver Arena last night was whether, in Andy Murray, Britain really does have the new Tim Henman.

AUSTRALIAN REACTION

The Australian

Sweet sixteen for peerless Swiss master

(Federer) was simply superb in the first two sets and again proved his fighting qualities are the equal of his extraordinary talent in overcoming a third-set deficit to clinch a thrilling tiebreaker on his third match point.

The Herald Sun

Let's roll out the Fed carpet

Roger Federer was true to his word, shrugging off Andy Murray's ambitious challenge last night to enhance a staggering Grand Slam record with a glorious Australian Open victory.

The Daily Telegraph

Federer crushes Murray in final

The tennis history book has become Roger Federer's personal diary and the maestro penned a new chapter with victory over Andy Murray in the Australian Open.

The Courier Mail

Roger Federer's sweet sixteen

Roger Federer last night turned cold-blooded assassin to keep the next generation of tennis at bay with a fourth Australian Open final win. He was devastating in his victory over Andy Murray.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/01022010/58/ … xteen.html

#987 01-02-2010 14:13:59

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Robertinho napisał:

Żadnych rewelacji; Federer-jest-wielki, a teraz nawet jeszcze-większy, zagrał genialnie pod każdym względem, Kubot miał super wynik, a Isia oby kiedyś zrobiła semi w WS.   Nawet do rzeczy gadał.

Zapomniałeś dodać, że co najmniej 7 razy podkreślił, jak niesamowite jest to, że Roker wszystkie zagrania wykonuje jedną ręką.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#988 01-02-2010 17:11:19

Robertinho

Ano taki z niego cwaniak.   A tak btw, to śliczny avatar Syd.

#989 01-02-2010 17:20:57

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Nowy Fan Roda na forum. Syd

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#990 01-02-2010 17:36:59

Art

User

Jakby komuś wczoraj było mało Pana Wojtka to mam niespodziankę

http://www.rp.pl/artykul/60574,427822_F … istrz.html

#991 01-02-2010 22:47:34

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ma ktoś gdzieś jakieś skróty z finału? Przejrzałem YT i nic nie znalazłem. W sensie, kompilacja najlepszych akcji.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#992 01-02-2010 23:09:38

Robertinho

W ogóle prawie niż fajniego na jutubie z AO nie ma, strażnicy praw autorskich chyba na posterunkach.

#993 01-02-2010 23:13:00

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Lipa.

Ten stan rzeczy chyba się ma od przeszło 2 tygodni. Wszystkie fajne skróty z pokazówki na rzecz Haiti też zostały zdjęte.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#994 01-02-2010 23:18:00

Serenity

User

ATP - AUSTRALIAN OPEN - WEBNEWS

Prince put in his place as Federer touches the sky (Sydney Morning Herald)

THE king isn't dead, far from it. Roger Federer has many heirs apparent, and they will be long lived, but they are as yet merely crown princes. Andy Murray was kept in his place last night as Federer beat him in classy but straight sets in the Australian Open final. This was Federer's fourth Australian title, won against four different pretenders, and his 16th major championship, extending his record. But for Murray and the kingdom he represents, the waiting and yearning go on.

At the presentation, Murray bit on his lip and blinked back a tear, but for the second time on the night was helpless to hold back a flood. ''I can cry like Roger; it's just a shame I can't play like him,'' he said. Federer, well-practised, was ever the gracious winner. "Andy, you're too good a player not to win a grand slam," he said. "So don't worry about it." Then, more ominously, he added: "I think I played some of the best tennis of my life these last two weeks." This reign is far from finished.

Andy Murray falls to brilliant Roger Federer in Australian Open final (guardian.co.uk)

Andy Murray said he needed to play the best tennis of his life to beat Roger Federer in the final of the Australian Open. He didn't. And he didn't. Federer said he would win if he got in front early. He did. And he did.

Murray looked away, paused and delivered his best line of the tournament: "I can cry like Roger," he said, recalling Federer's tears when losing the final last year. "It's just a shame I can't play like him ... I'm done. Sorry." "You're too good not to win a grand slam, so don't worry about it," said Federer in response.

"He is the king, he is the master," said the court announcer at Rod Laver Arena, and who could argue? This was Federer's 16th slam.

Roger Federer Wins Australian Open (The Huffington Post)

"That was sweet," Roger Federer said to Wayne McEwan, tournament referee, shortly after subduing Andy Murray 6-3, 6-4, 7-6(11) in two hours and 41 minutes on Rod Laver arena last night. With the victory, Roger wins his fourth Australian Open crown and his 16th Slam title, moving his championship accomplishments into a higher stratosphere.

The man is approaching 29 and he's proving to be in superior shape against everyone else on tour. When was the last time this guy sprained an ankle? To be this age in his tennis career and not really miss any time for injuries is remarkable. I used to doubt his boasts that he could go into his mid-30s, but really he looks just as fresh now as he did at 22.

Kids and slams, life's grand for Federer (Sydney Morning Herald)

Family and slams are all that matter now for all-conquering Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer. Despite his freakish talents, Federer says it's no fluke he's been able to sustain unprecedented levels of excellence for seven amazing years. But the 16-times grand slam champion knows a new fight is only beginning as he strives to keep the next wave of younger challengers at bay.

That's why Federer celebrated his record-equalling fourth Australian Open triumph over Andy Murray on Sunday night like it may have been his last - but also why the world No.1 will lighten his tournament schedule to ensure it wasn't. Federer, 28, took immense pride in becoming the first father since Andre Agassi in 2003 to reign at Melbourne Park and says now is the time to smell the roses and appreciate all he has.

Flawless Federer secures fourth Australian title (swissinfo.ch)

Switzerland’s Roger Federer has won his fourth Australian Open championship after delivering a sterling performance against Britain’s Andy Murray. On top form, the world number one dominated the match at Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena on Sunday, winning 6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (13-11). The victory extends his record to 16 grand slam titles.

Don't worry - you'll win one (The Sun)

The Swiss genius turned in an awesome 6-3 6-4 7-6 triumph to crush Murray in yesterday's Australian Open final in Melbourne. But the world No 1 said after claiming a record-breaking 16th Slam crown: "Andy has everything you need to beat the best and win the tournaments. "The next Grand Slam is not going to get any easier for him. But his game is so good I'm convinced he will win one."

"It is a tough generation at the moment. There are many good guys. Yet Andy is strong in his mind and has the game to win a Slam." Federer admitted he was far more stretched than when he beat the battling Brit in three sets in the 2008 US Open final. He added: "This was one of my finest performances in a long time, maybe ever."

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/rogers/n … ewsID=1020

#995 01-02-2010 23:18:05

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#996 01-02-2010 23:22:32

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Raddcik napisał:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cx_Tn4z3tk

Noo, dzięki!
Trzeba będzie oglądać dopóty nie zdejmą.

AO Honour Roll
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/eve … o=promobox

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#997 01-02-2010 23:57:04

Serenity

User

Australian Open final 2010: The best bits

What were the highlights from Roger Federer's victory over Andy Murray in the Australian Open final?

Shot of the match: Federer's scorching forehand at 5-3 in the second set. A flick of the wrist and it simply disappeared, kissing the line as it went.

Park player miss of the day: Nothing is ever easy at set point up, but even Yvonne Murray could have put away the half-court forehand Andy missed in the third set tie-break.

Turning point of the match: The first set was fairly even until Federer wound up a scintillating backhand winner down the line to give himself break point. Murray never got as close again.

Good celebration: A hearty 'Come on!' and a double fist pump was as good as it got for Murray, while Federer remained menacingly stoic throughout.

Naff celebration: Federer's hands-on-face victory yelp is still the naffest celebration in sport, never mind tennis.

Tactics watch: Federer pounced on Murray's errant serve to push the Scot behind the baseline. Murray tried the same tactic, but retreated fatally into his shell on the big points.

Racket mania: Murray changed his racket immediately after getting broken in the first set, hoping for a change of luck. It didn't work.

Outfit watch: Murray began in a pleasing shade of blue with yellow flashes down the sides, but later switched to all white. Federer opted for sky-blue with matching signature headband.

Family watch: Fist pumps and energetic applause from Judy Murray, but even she appeared subdued by the end. A hoodie-clad Mirka Federer, meanwhile, was content to sit quietly.

Celeb watch: Sir Chris Hoy was the notable face in the Murray camp, the cyclist flying out specially for the game. A promised appearance from Ricky Hatton never materialised.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/711936 … -bits.html

#998 02-02-2010 00:00:12

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Statystyki serwisowe turnieju:

Najwięcej asów:
1. I.Karlovic - 121    
2. J.Tsonga - 97    
3. J.Isner - 95    
4. A.Roddick - 94    
5. M.Cilic - 87    
6. F.Gonzalez - 70    
6. J.Del Potro - 70    
8. A.Murray - 66    
9. R.Federer - 58    
10. N.Almagro - 56   

Najszybsze serwisy:   
1. T.Dent - 231 KMH    
2. I.Karlovic - 229 KMH    
3. A.Roddick - 227 KMH    
4. J.Isner - 223 KMH    
5. J.Del Potro - 220 KMH    
6. F.Verdasco - 219 KMH    
6. C.Ball - 219 KMH    
8. S.Wawrinka - 218 KMH    
9. J.Tsonga - 217 KMH    
9. N.Almagro - 217 KMH

Procent trafień 1 serwisu:
1. D.Koellerer - 80 %    
2. I.Kunitsyn - 79 %    
3. J.Nieminen - 77 %    
4. M.Ilhan - 72 %    
5. T.de Bakker - 71 %    
6. M.Vassallo Arguello - 71 %    
7. V.Hanescu - 71 %    
8. R.Hocevar - 70 %    
9. F.Gil - 70 %    
10. A.Roddick - 69 %

Źródło: ausopen.com

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#999 02-02-2010 00:07:33

Art

User

The Final Word: Australian Open 2010

A record crowd of 653,860 attended Australian Open 2010.

The attendance smashed the previous record by nearly 50,000 in a fortnight of tennis that dominated the world sporting spotlight and eclipsed many of the historical marks for the Grand Slam of Asia Pacific.

Highlights included:
·         The highest ever day/night attendance in Grand Slam history, with 77,043 fans attending on Saturday 23th January
·         Record traffic to the official Australian Open 2010 website www.australianopen.com
·         More than half a million dollars raised through The Hit for Haiti charity match
·         Record international interest with peaks in China and Britain
·         Australian Open 2010 was one of the top Twitter trending topics throughout the six days of the finals

The highest ever day/night attendance in Grand Slam history was recorded twice during the first week of Australian Open 2010 - on Wednesday 20 January and again on Saturday 23 January. The new record of 77,043 was set on Saturday 23rd January, eclipsing the previous record by more than 11,000 fans.

A star-studded men's and women's singles draw included nine men's Grand Slam champions and nine women's Grand Slam champions and 31 of the top 32 men and all of the top 32 women. A total of 38 nations were represented in the singles main draws (38 countries each in both the men’s and women's singles.)

American Serena Williams won her fifth Australian Open title, defeating Justin Henin, and a dream final line up in the men’s draw saw world No.1 Roger Federer battling it out with world No.4 Andy Murray for the first Grand Slam title of the year.

Australian Open 2010  was the stage for Grand Slam comebacks for former world No.1 Justine Henin and former world No.9 Alicia Molik.  Henin enjoyed a remarkable return to Grand Slam tennis, eliminating three seeded players as she progressed through the draw. Molik was knocked out in the opening round by Frenchwoman Julie Coin.

China’s Li Na and Jie Zheng created history when they became the first two Chinese players to reach a Grand Slam semifinal.  The pair captured the attention of the world and made front page news in their home country.

Tennis fans logged on to the official Australian Open 2010 website  - www.australianopen.com – in record numbers. Prior to the men’s final, unique visitors were at 9.38 million, while page views jumped 41.4 percent to 302,270 million.

The most popular male players on the website were Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Andy Roddick while in the women’s event Justine Henin, Maria Kirilenko and 2010 champion Serena Williams led the field.

The first official iPhone app, produced with Australian Open technology partner IBM, had 367,003 downloads and continues to climb, while the mobile Australian Open website (m.australianopen.com) notched 6,170,384 page views.

The Australian Open Facebook page drew 56,696 fans and nearly 10,000 followers on Twitter.
The Hit for Haiti Charity Fundraiser raised $44,007.19 from an online auction of tennis racquets.

Overall donations from the fundraiser reached nearly $700,000 and included major contributions from the ATP World Tour, Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, International Tennis Federation, and the Grand Slam Committee.

Entertaining the crowds were some of Australia’s top music acts including Jessica Mauboy, Vanessa Amorosi, Jersey Boys, Kisschasy, Kate Miller-Heidke, Ladyhawke, James Reyne and Mark Seymore and Daryl Braithwaite.

Over the fortnight fans devoured 15,000 Aussie sausages, 110,000 icecreams, 100,000 cups of coffee, 150,000 bottles of Evian water, 85,437 bottles of Jacobs Creek wine, 80,000 bottles of Heineken and 230,000 draught cups and more than 50,000 buckets of hot chips.

In the player cafe, players ordered more than 3500 Chef's specials and 2000 pasta dishes per day during peak times. The players also loved salad, with more than 1400 per day consumed during peak periods.

More than 1500 media attended the event with record numbers attending from China and Great Britain.
Keeping all the media, staff and players up to date with what was happening around the site were 770

Panasonic televisions tuned to display courts, stats and other information.

And making it all happen behind the scenes were more than 4,500 members of staff, including 316 MLC Ballkids, 330 umpires, 205 Kia courtesy car drivers, 44 court services staff, 120 retail staff and 50 statisticians.

A fleet of 100 official cars supplied by the tournament’s major sponsor Kia Motors made in excess of 40,000 journeys transporting players to and from Melbourne Park, clocking up more than 315,000 km.

The fastest serves of the tournament were recorded by Americans Taylor Dent (231 kmh) and Venus Williams (201 kmh). Helping the players serve were 14 professional racquet stringers who strung 3297 racquets using close to 40km of string.

Famous faces watching the action included Erica Bana, Lily Allen, Jesse Metcalfe, Les Hill, Luke Mitchell, Erin McNaught, Antonia Kidman, Stephanie Rice, Ben Cousins, Guy Sebastian, Matt Preston, Darren Middleton, Pete Evans, Daniel McPherson, Sam Kekovich, Liesel Jones and Geoffrey Rush.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … stics.aspx

#1000 02-02-2010 19:02:29

jaccol55

Administrator

Najlepsze cytaty Australian Open

Odpowiedzi tenisistów na pytania dziennikarzy na konferencjach prasowych czasami są schematyczne i przewidywalne, a innym razem zaskakują, wprawiają w zdumienie lub rozśmieszają. Próbka najciekawszych wypowiedzi tenisowych gwiazd podczas pierwszego Wielkiego Szlema w tym sezonie.

Nikołaj Dawidienko zapytany o picie alkoholu: - Tak naprawdę nie piję dużo. Nie piję dużo, bo jestem chudy. Tylko mieszam. Czasami piję czystą wódkę, czasami z Red Bullem. Daje mi to więcej siły na noc w klubie lub dyskotece. A na temat bycia sławnym: - Nie jestem Paris Hilton. I nie mam ochoty być. Nie chcę być jak Nadal czy Federer. Nigdy nie widuję ich na śniadaniach w hotelu, bo korzystają z obsługi. Ja wolę zejść do restauracji, w ogóle wychodzić i nie martwić się, że jestem rozpoznawany.

Rozmowa z Andym Murray'em.
Dziennikarz: - Kiedy rozmawiasz ze swoim teamem po zwycięstwie, to czy twój głos brzmi radośniej? Bo teraz wcale tego nie słychać...
Murray: - Siedziałeś kiedyś na moim miejscu? W zeszłym roku zagrałem 80 meczów i po każdym była konferencja prasowa. I przed każdym turniejem jest jeszcze jedna.
Dziennikarz: To bardzo nudne...
Murray: - Wiem, ale muszę to robić.

Dziennikarz przypomniał, że Murray z Jimem Courierem podkładał swój głos do filmu. Czy rozważa karierę w tej branży? - Nie nie sądzę, żebym był w tym dobry.
Dziennikarz: - Brzmisz trochę jak Sean Connery.
Murray: - Jestem Szkotem, to dlatego.

Andy Roddick o Fernando Gonzálezie: - Czasami wychodzi na kort, wygląda jakby grał w ping ponga i ciska piłką dookoła.

Marcos Baghdatis w odpowiedzi na to, co śpiewają mu fani w tłumie po meczu: - Dużo rzeczy: "Marcos, kocham cię. Nigdy nie przestanę ci śpiewać." Takie rzeczy.

Bernard Tomić po meczu w sesji wieczornej na temat tego, czego nauczył się o swojej grze: - Zdecydowanie powinienem trochę trenować o drugiej w nocy.

Roger Federer o tym, jak udaje mu się być ciągle zmotywowanym: - To miłość do gry. Nigdy nie byłem tutaj dla pieniędzy. To zawsze marzenie o tym, żeby grać na największych kortach świata, szczególnie w Wimbledonie.

Nicolas Almagro o swoich planach: - Muszę porozmawiać z samym sobą. Moje "ja" mówi, że potrzebuję jechać do Południowej Ameryki, żeby grać na cegle i być w pierwszej dziesiątce. Ale na razie potrzebuję więcej trenować.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … lian-open/

Stopka forum

RSS