Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1301 27-06-2011 22:22:27

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Roger Federer

Next up: Tsonga in quarters

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1106_Wimbledon_pz_1__12_.jpg

Roger had to drop a set against Mikhail Youzhni today before eventually celebrated a strong 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 victory.

Both players served well in the opening set, taking it into a tie-breaker. Roger jumped to a 4-1 lead - only to just enter a short sloppy phase and eventually drop the set by losing the tie-break 5-7.
He found his rhythm better and better, managing to break Youzhni twice in the second set. He then continued dictating the game and finally sealed the victory to reach his 29th consecutive grand slam quarter-final!

Roger will now play Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (ATP 19) of France on Wednesday.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … inale.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#1302 28-06-2011 13:52:01

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Federer overcomes Youzhny, into Wimbledon quarters

http://tennistalk.com/images/article/1996.jpg

Roger Federer comes back from a set down to beat Mikhail Youzhny during fourth-round action on Monday at the All-England Club. Federer is now set for a meeting with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

Roger Federer improved to 11-0 lifetime against Mikhail Youzhny with a 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 victory in the Wimbledon fourth round on Monday evening. Federer needed three hours and two minutes to set up a quarterfinal showdown against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

Youzhny made a statement throughout the first set by matching his opponent hold for hold. Neither man saw a single break point en route to an opening tiebreaker, which Federer appeared to control when he went up 4-1. Youzhny, however, promptly ran off five consecutive points for a shocking 6-4 advantage. The Russian threw away his chance to finish off the set on serve, but an errant backhand slice by Federer at 6-5 gave the underdog the early lead.

Federer, though, was quick to restore order to the proceedings. The world No. 3 struck for the match's first break in the fifth game of set two, taking a 3-2 advantage with a perfect drop-shot. With Youzhny serving at 3-5, Federer squandered a 0-40 lead but capitalized on his fourth set point to level the match.

With momentum in hand, the six-time Wimbledon champion raced to 5-0 in the third--although not before digging out of a 0-40 hole in the set's opening game. Federer gave one of the breaks back after holding a set point on his opponent's serve that would have given him a perfect 6-0 set. After donating serve at 5-1, Federer made no mistake with a second opportunity at 5-3.

From there it was all over for Youzhny, who dropped serve right away in the fourth set and could not recover. Federer surrendered a mere six points in his last four service games, although he did have to fend off one break point in the second game. The Swiss' sixth break of the day came at 5-3 and finished off the match in style.

Federer wrapped up his effort with 54 winners and 25 unforced errors while while striking 14 aces against only one double-fault. Youzhny recorded 35 winners and 23 errors.

http://tennistalk.com/en/match_report/W … er_Federer

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#1303 28-06-2011 20:45:29

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Roger Federer w wielkoszlemowym ćwierćfinale po raz 29...z rzędu!

http://blog.lehighvalleylive.com/sports_impact/2009/07/large_roger-federer.jpg

Roger Federer, pokonując Michaiła Jużnego w 4 rundzie Wimbledonu 2011, awansował po raz 29 z rzędu do najlepszej "8" w turnieju wielkoszlemowym. Federer już podczas ostatniego RG pobił historyczny wyczyn Jimmy'ego Connorsa (27 kolejnych ćwierćfinałów):
1.Roger Federer - 29 (2004-trwa)
2. Jimmy Connros - 27 (1973-1983)
3. Bill Tilden - 21 (1918-1930)

Łącznie jest to już 33 ćwierćfinał wielkoszlemowy w karierze 29-letniego Szwajcara:
1. Jimmy Connors 41
2. Andre Agassi 36
3. Ivan Lendl 34
4. Roger Federer 33
5. Pete Sampras 29

Więcej:
http://www.mtenis.pun.pl/viewtopic.php?id=797

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#1304 28-06-2011 20:55:01

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

100 wygranych spotkań na trawie.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/034/095/117028994_display_image.jpg?1308617459

Triumf nad Miszą Jużnym był 100 wygranym meczem na trawie w karierze Federera. Z grona tenisistów aktywnych zawodowo więcej wygranych pojedynków na tym podłożu ma tylko Lleyton Hewitt.
1. Lleyton Hewitt - 104
2. Roger Federer - 100

Szwajcar zanotował także 223 wygrany mecz w turnieju wielkoszlemowym. Tylko 2 tenisistów w "erze Otwartej" ma na koncie więcej tego typu wyczynów:
1. Jimmy Connors - 233
2. Andre Agassi - 224
3. Roger Federer - 223

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1305 29-06-2011 15:46:55

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 4 rundzie

R. Federer bt. M. Youzhny 5 7, 6 3, 6 3, 6 3

Q. First time you dropped a set this tournament. Is it a sign that the games are getting harder as you go through?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, obviously. I mean, Nalbandian, I don't know if he's a lesser player than Youzhny. But, look, usually what happens is just that you get the players that are more in a groove naturally because they've played more tennis, you know, here.

I thought even though I lost the first set it was good tennis. He didn't have a breakpoint. I played a good breaker actually. Maybe got a touch unlucky with a net cord against me at 4 1 that could have gone my way. I turned that into 5 1, and I don't think I'd lose a breaker from there.

I thought overall we played a good match from start to finish. Good rallies, good atmosphere; it was fun.

Q. I heard on the TV saying you weren't used to No. 1 court yesterday.

ROGER FEDERER: It's like Centre to some degree, but open. Centre I have so many memories. I've played, what, maybe five times more on average on Centre than on Court 1. You never get an opportunity to practice anyway on all the show courts, so That just makes it just a touch more difficult when you show up on Centre Court on Tuesday when I showed up, or on Court 1 today. It's just not something you're a hundred percent used to.

But then again, there is a few center courts around the world that were somewhat built after Court 1 here at Wimbledon. So it doesn't feel completely unnatural. It's just that it's different and takes a bit getting used to.

Q. Do you have a preference among them?

ROGER FEDERER: What do you think?

Q. I could imagine what you think. I just need you to say it.

ROGER FEDERER: Centre Court. Very big surprise. I'd be in the wrong tournament if I picked Court 1. Even if that were the Centre Court, that would be fine, too.

Q. Court 1 is so much more modern.

ROGER FEDERER: No, it's just different. It's round. It's a different court, like all the courts are different around the world.

Q. He's by no means your imminent concern, but Bernard Tomic, have you seen his form? How do you think he'll go against Novak?

ROGER FEDERER: Honestly I haven't seen him play a lot. He played against Soderling on Court 1, but for some reason I missed that match. I guess I was practicing. It wasn't the longest match, so the next thing you know...

Yeah, I maybe saw like 10 points, and then I saw three games against Malisse today in the morning. Not much I can say.

But, look, he's doing well. I don't remember how old he is anymore, but he's still very young, I'm sure. It's great that he's doing his best runs at slams. I guess for him it's just important to back that up in other tournaments. But that's going to come naturally.

If you can do it in slams it shows that you're mentally and physically somewhat tough. Even though grass is a different surface, I learned 10 years ago when I played Sampras you don't play the points the same here as you do other places around the world. You have to play differently when the other surfaces come around again.

But, uhm, I guess if he's gotten this far, somewhat comfortable. I mean, I'm sure he'll have a slight chance against Novak, too.

Q. Do you welcome the Australians having a tennis player for a change after their great heritage?

ROGER FEDERER: You talk like Lleyton isn't around anymore. Be careful.

Q. He's around, but fragile.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, but still around. Could have beaten Soderling. We'd be talking differently.

For me, he still remains a great champion, always will be. He almost seems a bit injured to me. I'm sure he's never going to say what was actually the problem with him. But he can really battle through, you know, I think tough moments. That's why I admire, you know, him as a player and his work ethic.

Now, I think it's always good that the Australians have players. I just think that's key for a country that hosts, you know, one of the big tournaments around the world. They love their tennis. I think it's still the number one sport in Australia.

When we come there, they have someone to cheer for like they have Murray here, and obviously the French and the Americans there are plenty of. But maybe in England and Australia have a bit fewer players, so it's nice when a guy is coming along.

I don't know if he's going to be in the top hundred yet, Tomic, but I hope he will be when the Australian Open kind of rolls around so he doesn't need a wild card.

Q. You could say your take away comment from Melbourne is, Let's wait six months and see where things are at. Now as you're advancing here, what are your thoughts? Do you think your comment is pretty justified?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, got to wait and see how this turns out to be. Because, again, it could be a repeat of the Djokovic/Murray final and then I was wrong. If it's not the case, then I was right.

At the end of the day, I don't care if I'm wrong or right. I know where my game is at. I know where Rafa's game is at. He was going for four Grand Slams in a row; he loses. It's a new year. I just struggle when it goes from one extreme to the next.

We've all been playing well, I think the top four or five guys really, for a long time. I think it's exciting for tennis. Trying to talk it down or talk about changes, I think it's nice that we're all playing good at the same time.

Q. Do you try to stay calm and within yourself?

ROGER FEDERER: Always. Yeah, I don't need to get into all that fuss. I just need to straighten the record sometimes, otherwise people go in a direction that's just ridiculous.

Q. What is your assessment on Tsonga's game?

ROGER FEDERER: I think he's a great player. He's proven it on numerous occasions. I played a really good match I thought against him in Qatar. I think we both played well in the semis there. He was somewhat coming back from I think he had an injury at the end of the year and he didn't play so much. I thought he played great.

Yeah, it's going to be good tennis. He was a guy I kind of expected to come through in that section. It happened, so it's going to be a tough match. I think he's got the weapons to be a huge threat on grass, make a run here. It's a tough draw, but I'm ready for it.

Q. You mentioned Lleyton. After his loss the other day he approached his children and they started squealing, Daddy, daddy. It was sort of a situation that sort of made your heart melt. What is it like to go back to your kids and you're just daddy to them?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, normally when you have kids, it definitely changes to some degree your mindset. For some who were maybe living in a bubble, that definitely pops that bubble and makes you think there's definitely something else in your life.

I thought I always had a very good perspective, you know, on life and on where I wanted to go, how important tennis is to me, how important other things are in life to me as well. I think I was always able to have a great balance.

So when the kids came around for me, it was natural. It was something I always wanted to do with Mirka. You have nine months sort of getting ready for it while she's pregnant. You sort of hope it all goes well, which it did.

Obviously it's busy, it's intense with twins, but I love every moment of it. I wouldn't want it to be any different. I don't regret having them while I'm playing. I'm actually very happy I do have them while I'm playing.

Yeah, maybe that day will come, too, when they will scream my name and come after me. Right now it's still just a bit early.

Q. If one of your children should say to you, I want to be a tennis player, you will be happy?

ROGER FEDERER: They won't. They can't string three words together yet (smiling).

Q. Would you be happy?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I'm okay. Sports is good. Any sports. Just not boxing maybe. I struggle to watch that stuff in the first place. Even though it's a nice sport...

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 82195.html

#1306 30-06-2011 10:02:15

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Roger stunned by Tsonga

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1106_Wimbledon_pz_1__12_.jpg

Roger was upset by Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the quarterfinals in Wimbledon today: 6-3, 7-6(3), 4-6, 4-6, 4-6.

“I think my game was plenty good enough this year to win the tournament, but unfortunately there’s only one who can win it, and the rest go home empty-handed,” Roger said. “That’s what happened to me today, but Jo played an amazing match.”

Roger started well, converting a break point in Tsonga's first service game and held the lead to take the set. He held in the second which he finally won in the tie-break.
But Tsonga broke our champ in the third set and went on to do so in sets four and five - to eventually end Roger's quest for a seventh Wimbledon crown.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … ledon.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1307 30-06-2011 10:06:11

jaccol55

Administrator

TSONGA STUNS FEDERER IN FIVE SETSS

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/184EF5E905324315B763CE5036172E38.ashx
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is through to his
fourth Grand Slam semi-final.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga became the first player ever to overturn a two-set deficit and beat Roger Federer in a Grand Slam match in the Wimbledon quarter-finals on Wednesday. The Frenchman demonstrated all his flair and power as he rallied to defeat the six-time champion 3-6, 6-7(3), 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 on Centre Court.

"For me it's just amazing," said Tsonga. "The feeling is like maybe beating [Rafael] Nadal in Roland Garros, so it's just amazing. And for me it will be, for sure, one of the best memories in my career anyway."

"I felt so good on the court. I was quick. I was just perfect today. Every time I was feeling like a dream. Even at two sets down, because I was in the quarter-finals again Roger Federer. The stadium was full. I was not ridiculous. I was in my match. I'm the kind of player who likes these big moments. So I hope I will have some more."

Federer had commanded a 178-0 record when winning the first two sets in a Grand Slam match, and had only previously lost a two-set lead in five-set matches twice before in his career. The first instance came against Lleyton Hewitt in the 2003 Davis Cup semi-finals, before David Nalbandian repeated the feat in the 2005 Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai final.

World No. 19 Tsonga is through to the semi-finals at Wimbledon for the first time, having fallen to Andy Murray in the 2010 quarter-finals at the All England Club. The Frenchman made his major breakthrough at the 2008 Australian Open, where he beat Rafael Nadal to reach his first final before finishing runner-up to Novak Djokovic. Two years later he reached the semi-finals in Melbourne for the second time, when he was beaten by Federer in straight sets.

For a place in the final, Tsonga will face World No. 2 Novak Djokovic, who ended Australian qualifier Bernard Tomic's dream run with a four-set win. Read Match Report

Tsonga takes a 5-2 career lead into his eighth clash with Djokovic. Their last meeting came in the 2010 Australian Open quarter-finals, when Tsonga prevailed in five sets.

The Le Mans native had advanced to the last eight for the loss of just one set, against Grigor Dimitrov in the second round, but suffered from nerves in the early stages against Federer and paid the price as too many unforced errors saw him surrender his serve in the second game. Federer did not relinquish the lead, saving one break point in the fifth game but was otherwise dominant on serve as he closed out the opener.

Both players settled into a high level in the 47-minute second set, in which neither player was able to break serve. In the subsequent tie-break, Federer seized the initiative, racing to a 5-0 advantage before closing out the seemingly commanding two-set lead with a forehand winner.

The coach-less Tsonga did not let his head go down, though. Instead, the Frenchman stepped in to attack Federer and broke the Swiss’ serve for the first time in the match in the third game after converting his third opportunity with a forehand winner on the run that caught the edge of the line. Federer looked to repair the damage in the latter stages of the set, twice holding a 0/30 advantage on the Tsonga serve in the eighth and 10th games. He was unable to build further, though, and Tsonga’s comeback began as he clinched his third set point with an unreturned serve.

The 12th-seeded Tsonga swiftly built on his momentum, going after a Federer second serve in the third game of the fourth set and breaking down the Swiss’ defences with a blistering forehand winner. Solid on serve, Tsonga coolly went on to level the match with a love service hold in the 10th game.

With Federer reeling, Tsonga took full advantage, bullying the 16-time Grand Slam champion with his booming forehand and drawing a crucial error in the first game of the fifth set to gain an early service break. Federer would earn no chances to regain the break, and Tsonga went on to close out victory in three hours and eight minutes.

"I served just unbelievable," assessed Tsonga. "I feel really confident on this shot. I hope it will continue. It is difficult to play against him because you don't know exactly what he's thinking, what's happening in his head. He has all the time the same behaviour, and it's difficult because he plays so fast. You don't know if he's scared or not, and it's really difficult. I didn't look at him. I was just focused on me, on my serve, and that's it."

Tsonga is the fifth Frenchman to reach the Wimbledon semi-finals in the Open Era, following Henri Leconte (1986), Cedric Pioline (1997), Sebastien Grosjean (2003-2004) and Richard Gasquet (2007). Pioline went on to become the only Frenchman in the Open Era to reach the final (l. to Sampras). The last Frenchman to win the title was Yvon Petra in 1946.

"It's always a tough match to lose today," said Federer, who also lost in the quarter-finals last year (l. to Berdych). "But I think Jo played great. Really from start to finish I don't remember seeing a break point after I broke him in the first game. But I was close. I had all my chances. He came up with some good stuff. So it was tough. I'm actually pretty pleased with my performance today. It's kind of hard going out of the tournament that way, but unfortunately it does happen sometimes."

The 29-year-old Swiss was looking to win his first major title since the 2010 Australian Open, and claim a record-tying seventh Wimbledon crown.

“It's the second year running that the talk has been about me equalling Pete's seven Wimbledons. I didn't feel that makes it particularly special. I love equalling any record Pete has made, but it's not the driving force behind my motivation really. I love Pete. It's always nice doing stuff that he did. But at the end of the day I'm trying to win a tournament.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Sets.aspx

FEDERER: I CAN WIN MORE SLAMS

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/5427538B06274D8B9690F1837A3F52DC.ashx
Federer's attention shifts to the Davis Cup,
where Switzerland will square off against
Portugal from 8-10 July.

Despite losing in the quarter-finals of Wimbledon for the second straight year on Wednesday, World No. 3 Roger Federer remains upbeat about his chances to claim one or more Grand Slam titles in the future. When asked whether or not he sees himself hoisting another major title, a confident Federer said, “I think I definitely can, yes. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't the case.”

Federer won the first two sets against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, but his French counterpart stormed back to hand the Swiss his first loss in 179 Grand Slam matches when holding a two-sets lead. The No. 12 seed rallied to win 3-6, 6-7(3), 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 and Federer credited Tsonga’s ability to step up when it counted. “I really did play well, and I also thought Jo played an amazing match, as good as I've seen him play for such a long period of time. You can only respect that,” said Federer. “It was a great match from both sides. To talk bad about this match would be unfortunate.”

After breaking Tsonga in the opening game, Federer did not see another break point. The six-time Wimbledon champion believes there wasn’t much more he could do to reverse the outcome of the match “I can't blame my poor returning or my poor serving or my poor movement or anything like that in this match, and that makes it a bit easier to digest.”

Added Federer, “I'm actually pretty pleased with my performance today. It's kind of hard going out of the tournament that way, but unfortunately it does happen sometimes. At least it took him sort of a special performance to beat me, which is somewhat nice.”

The Swiss, who last won a major title at the Australian Open in 2010, is looking to capture a Grand Slam Championship for the ninth straight year, and will have one more chance to extend the streak at the US Open. In comparing his form to the past season, Federer finds that he is playing just as well, if not better.”The game is there. I'm happy. I'm healthy. I feel much better than sort of a year ago. That's very encouraging,” Federer assessed. “Even though I took a tough loss today, I don't feel discouraged in any way. I think that's key right now, to not let anything get to me.”

His attention now shifts to the Davis Cup, where Switzerland will square off against Portugal from 8-10 July for a chance to play in the World Group Playoffs. “I'll work harder than ever, the way I usually do, and hopefully come back extremely strong for Davis Cup first of all, and then for the American summer again.”

Federer has won 11 summer-hard-court titles since 2003, which include five triumphs at the US Open, four titles at the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati event and two trophies at the Rogers Cup in Canada.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … itles.aspx

#1308 30-06-2011 11:44:48

Serenity

User

Roger Federer: Jestem jeszcze w stanie wygrać turniej wielkoszlemowy

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/photos/4e0c17bb254ac768071787.jpg

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga zniszczył w środę marzenia Rogera Federera o siódmym triumfie na wimbledońskiej trawie. Szwajcar drugi rok z rzędu zakończył udział w turnieju na ćwierćfinale, lecz w dalszym ciągu nie wątpi w swoje umiejętności. - Jestem jeszcze w stanie wygrać turniej wielkoszlemowy - zapewnia Federer.

- Pierwsze dwa sety dzisiejszego spotkania można porównać do mojego finału sprzed dwóch lat z Andym Roddickiem. Obaj serwowaliśmy znakomicie i rzadko zdarzało się odbierającemu wypracować choćby niewielką przewagę - stwierdził Federer tuż po środowej porażce z Tsongą. - Po dwóch setach wydawało się, że kontroluję przebieg wydarzeń na korcie. Jo jednak w dalszym ciągu serwował wspaniale, co utrudniło mi wypracowanie kolejnych break pointów. Ostatecznie to on kilkakrotnie przełamał moje podanie - dodał 29-letni Szwajcar.

Porażka Federera w ćwierćfinałowym pojedynku z Francuzem zaskoczyła wielu tenisowych ekspertów. Na konferencji prasowej przypomniano deklarację złożoną przez zawodnika z Bazylei podczas tegorocznego Australian Open, w której obiecywał maksymalną mobilizację na Wimbledon. Już podczas Roland Garros można było odczuć, że Szwajcar powraca do wspaniałej dyspozycji, a na ukochanych trawnikach przy Church Road będzie walczył o swoje 17. wielkoszlemowe trofeum. - Byłem przekonany, że moja gra okaże się wystarczająca, aby wygrać ten turniej. Niestety Jo rozegrał dzisiaj wspaniałe spotkanie, a ja powrócę do domu z pustymi rękami - wyznał Federer.

Pomimo pożegnania się z wimbledońskimi zawodami, Szwajcar pozostaje dobrej myśli. Ma także przygotowany plan na najbliższe miesiące: - Będę trenował mocniej niż zazwyczaj i chcę być w świetnej dyspozycji na spotkanie z Portugalią w ramach Pucharu Davisa. Następnie rozpocznę przygotowania do cyklu turniejów na amerykańskich kortach twardych - zakończył Federer.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ … j-wielkos/

Ostatnio edytowany przez Serenity (30-06-2011 11:45:29)

#1309 01-07-2011 11:08:25

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po porażce w ćwierćfinale

R. Federer def. by J. Tsonga 6-3, 7-6, 4-6, 4-6, 4-6

Q. He really seemed to lift his game after getting into the match a little bit. He almost like slammed the door on you and you couldn't quite get it open again. Is that accurate?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, maybe. I don't know. I mean, it's always a tough match to lose today. But, like you say, I think Jo played great. Really from start to finish I don't remember seeing a breakpoint after I broke him in the first game.

But I was close. You know, I had all my chances. He came up with some good stuff. So it was tough.

Q. What would you say went wrong and what went right for you today?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, except the score, many, many things went right. I thought I played a good match myself. I'm actually pretty pleased with my performance today. It's kind of hard going out of the tournament that way, but unfortunately it does happen sometimes.

At least it took him, you know, sort of a special performance to beat me, which is somewhat nice. But, you know, like I said, I think he played an amazing match. Didn't give me many chances. There was some close ones along the way, but he always was able to sneak out on me. That made it tough for me.

But, look, I played well for myself, so it was pretty good.

Q. Was his speed a strong factor in getting balls?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, I mean, look, I've played Jo before. It's not like he's 16 years old and I've never seen him play before. I know what to expect from Jo. He can come up with some good stuff and some poor things at times, you know.

He had basically good return games along the way in the third, fourth, and fifth. I think especially the third set, the break I get is very unusual. He chips back a couple; they stay in. He ends up picking a couple of sides and he ends up breaking me in a way I don't think he deserves as much.

But, look, he hung in there. I was controlling the match. Next thing you know, he just continued serving great, which for me was important to get at least a couple of chances.

But the chances were slim. And then again, he only needed a couple of breaks to end up bringing it home. So he did a really good job doing that very well.

Q. Giving up that early break in the fifth, were you discouraged? Did you feel he sort of has you out of it? What was your psychological state?

ROGER FEDERER: I think he played well. Every time it got important on sort of my service games he played great. He took all the right chances. He believed in shots, you know, that maybe you don't hit as often. But exactly when he needed them, he was able to pull them off. That's a big credit to him, for believing that he can, you know, pull shots the way he did.

And for me it was tough obviously. He was taking huge cuts at the ball. When it got important, he went for it. It all worked out for him today.

Q. You've been invincible in matches in majors when you've had a two sets to nothing lead. How would you describe what turned things around from the first two sets here?

ROGER FEDERER: Not much. I mean, I think we just played both well from start to finish. We didn't give each other many looks on our serves. It reminded me to a degree of the Roddick match I played here in the finals. It was that tough getting sort of Love 30, 15 30, 15 40 leads. They were very rare.

Whenever you would get a ball back somewhat decent, you know, the other guy slams the door every time. Forehand in the corner. You're trying to get out of that position, but it's hard.

I think we both did a really good job of doing the 1 2 punch. I knew he could do it. It was not really a surprise to see him do it for five sets. But it was good tennis. You know, I really enjoyed it. It was unfortunate at the end I wasn't able to come out of it.

From start to finish I felt also I was playing well. Didn't take much time between points. It was a quick match for both of us. Before you know it, all of a sudden you're down a break in the fifth. You know, things don't look so good, but you're feeling actually pretty good, which is a bit unfortunate.

Q. Whenever you come after a defeat in a slam, after five minutes you are in the press room. Is it because you just want to get rid of everything and go away and forget about everything or not?

ROGER FEDERER: No. They told me I have a chance now or in an hour. I prefer to do it now and then do doping after and then hopefully they let me go and I can go back.

No, why hang around? I have nothing more to do here, even though I like it here. Who knows, maybe I'll stay in Wimbledon for a few days. I don't know what I'm going to do yet next.

No, I mean, you guys don't like to wait, right? So I'm doing you guys a favor (smiling).

Q. How long will it take you to get over this?

ROGER FEDERER: This is part of the process. I mean, look, I think this one for some reason's gonna be easier to digest than the last year's defeat. Even though this one was in five sets and I was up two sets to love, I don't really feel like I lost from two sets to love up.

Kind of a strange feeling because I did play well myself. There's not much I can't blame my poor returning or my poor serving or my poor movement or anything like that in this match, and that makes it, I think, a bit easier to digest.

Who knows, maybe it's going to hurt me more in three days. I doubt it. I'll be able to move on quickly. Nevertheless, it's disappointing that I loss.

Q. In Australia you did say, Let's wait six months and we'll see then. Now you just came off the court obviously, but if you could reflect on your place in the game, what would you say?

ROGER FEDERER: Like I say, I think I'm playing well, you know. I thought my game was plenty good enough this year to win the tournament. Unfortunately there's only one that can win it, and the rest go home empty handed. That's what happened to me today. I think Jo played an amazing match, like I said, so obviously it's disappointing.

But the game is there. I'm happy. I'm healthy. I feel much better than sort of a year ago. That's very encouraging really. Even though I took a tough loss today, I don't feel, you know, discouraged in any way. I think that's key right now, to not let anything get to me.

I'll work harder than ever, the way I usually do, and hopefully come back extremely strong for Davis Cup first of all, and then for the American summer again.

Q. You can still lift Grand Slam trophies with some ease?

ROGER FEDERER: Is it easy for anybody at the moment? I don't know. I don't think so. I think it's pretty tough for anybody right now to win Grand Slams. But one will win the tournament. The other 120 something players will not. That's what's tough in tennis. Knock out systems are pretty rough.

But I think I definitely can, yes. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't the case.

Q. Is there any special significance for you in any way, either the Pete Sampras record or your record? Was it sort of like a routine Grand Slam event for you, or was there any special meaning to it this year for you?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, obviously it's the second year running that the talk has been about me equaling Pete's seven Wimbledons. I didn't feel that makes it particularly special. I love equaling any record Pete has made, but it's not the driving force behind, you know, my motivation really.

Look, I love Pete. It's always nice doing stuff that he did. But at the end of the day I'm trying to win a tournament. It always feels very special coming back to the grounds.

Just, like I said beginning of the week, I feel great here. I think I played some good tennis these last 10 days or whatever it's been. Yeah, I enjoyed myself here once again. Definitely feels special. Was there anything extra special? I'm not sure. There is always something. I always love it here, so...

Q. Does it feel like the end of an era, because we're so used to seeing you win here?

ROGER FEDERER: No, I don't think so. Look, I played too good to wasn't a shocker second round loss in straight sets, some stupid match I played. It was a great match, I think, from both sides. To talk bad about this match would be unfortunate, I think. I really did play well, and I also thought Jo played an amazing match, as good as I've seen him play for such a long period of time.

You know, you can only respect that. I do that. That's why there's no reason to look too far ahead, to be quite honest.

Q. Your record speaks for yourself, but in the fifth set there is something strange. You played 29 matches and you won 16 and you lost 13 today. Just a little bit more than 50%. How do you explain it? A player like you, you're effortless, so you should win more in the fifth set than the others. How do you explain the record is not that great?

ROGER FEDERER: Because when I was probably losing four matches a year I wasn't even in fifth sets. I could have done nicely for my records probably and gone down two sets to one in every match and probably still would have won in five because I was so much better than everybody else.

These records to me don't really sound so right. Was it a physical effort today? I don't really think so. It was more just a serving contest. Good 1 2 punches.

Sure, it takes its toll. What was it, 3 hours 15 match? We can do it in our sleep, to be honest. I don't think five set records come into play so much.

But, sure, it can show a few things. I don't think Jo has a particularly good five set record. How come he played so well today? I don't know. It's all a matter of how you look at it, so...

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 47256.html

#1310 02-07-2011 01:45:05

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Federer back in Swiss team

http://www.daviscup.com/ITF/Plugins/ImageGen/ImageGen.ashx?image=/media/49094/49094_BigPicture.jpg&constrain=True&height=293&width=520

It's official. Roger Federer will be part of the Swiss team that will play the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas tie against Portugal next month in Berne. The Swiss Tennis Association has confirmed that the team will be formed by Federer, Stanislas Wawrinka, Stephane Bohli and Marco Chiudinelli.

The Swiss player has adhered to the plans revealed in an announcement on his personal website last March. "I've decided I'm going to play the Davis Cup tie in July at home against Portugal. I'm really looking forward to helping Switzerland begin the process of getting back into the World Group," said the 16-time Grand Slam champion.

The Swiss team is currently competing in Europe/Africa Group I after suffering a comprehensive 5-0 loss to Kazakhstan in last year’s World Group play-offs. This means that the Central Europeans will need to win their next two ties if they are to fulfil their objective of playing in next year's World Group.

Federer played his last Davis Cup tie in the 2009 World Group play-offs against Italy. The Swiss maestro won his two singles matches back then and helped his country keep its place in the top tier of the competition. The importance of his contribution is highlighted by the fact that the team has lost all the ties played since then.

The Swiss champion has played a total of 48 Davis Cup rubbers throughout his career with a win-loss record of 37-11. His best result came in 2003 when Switzerland reached the semifinals and lost against a powerful Australian team led by Lleyton Hewitt and Mark Philippoussis.

The presence of a player like Federer increases Switzerland's chances of achieving its first Davis Cup title. Although the world No. 3 is clearly the most successful member of the team, the Swiss captain, Severin Luthi, can also rely on another competitive player, Stanislas Wawrinka, currently world No. 14. The partnership between these two players could give the Swiss team the status of a potential contender for the title in years to come.

http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/article … -team.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1311 02-07-2011 11:14:22

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Król Roger powoli odchodzi

- Wielkość Federera polegała również na tym, że wpłynął na rozwój innych tenisistów, którzy dziś z nim zwyciężają - mówi Boris Becker, wieszcząc powolny koniec ery 30-letniego szwajcarskiego mistrza

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga pokonał w środę Federera w ćwierćfinale Wimbledonu 3:6, 6:7 (3-7), 6:4, 6:4, 6:4, sprawiając największą sensację turnieju. We wszystkich wcześniejszych 178 przypadkach, gdy Szwajcar zgarniał w Wielkim Szlemie dwa pierwsze sety, schodził z kortu jako zwycięzca. Przegrał kilka dramatycznych pięciosetowych batalii w Pucharze Davisa, a w 2005 r. dał się dogonić Davidowi Nalbandianowi na Masters Cup w Szanghaju, ale w Szlemie dwa wygrane sety zawsze oznaczały jego końcowy sukces.

Drugi rok z rzędu odpadł w ćwierćfinale Wimbledonu, bo w 2010 r. w podobnych okolicznościach znokautował go niespodziewanie Tomasz Berdych. Czech też świetnie serwował i przewyższał Federera siłą ataku.

- Grałem dobrze, na poziomie pozwalającym wygrać turniej. Nie poległem w II rundzie, to nie była głupia wpadka. Zwycięzca może być tylko jeden - wzruszał ramionami po porażce Szwajcar. Czy wierzy, że dalej może zwyciężać Szlemy? - Oczywiście. Jestem zdrowy, mam motywację - odparł.

Wątpiących jednak przybywa. Federer za półtora miesiąca kończy 30 lat. Ostatniego Szlema zdobył w styczniu 2010 r. w Melbourne. To jego szósty z rzędu wielki turniej bez tytułu. Tak długą posuchę miał ostatnio przed 2003 r., czyli zanim na dobre rozkręciła się jego kariera.

"Roger chciałby wrócić, ale czas na Wimbledonie nie stoi w miejscu dla nikogo" - napisał "The Guardian". Ostatnim triumfatorem po trzydziestce był Arthur Ashe w 1975 r., czyli w czasach drewnianych rakiet i zwolnionych prędkości. Po 30. urodzinach Szlemy wygrali poza Londynem: Petr Korda (Australian Open 1998), Pete Sampras (US Open 2002) i Andre Agassi (Australian Open 2003). "Ciągle mam w pamięci porażkę Samprasa z Federerem w 2001 r. Wtedy skończyła się era. I dziś też" - zauważył na Twitterze dziennikarz "Daily Mirror".

Jeszcze trzy-cztery lata temu wydawało się, że Federer pobije niemal wszystkie tenisowe rekordy. Licznik Szlemów zdobytych przez Szwajcara zatrzymał się na 16, czyli na dwóch więcej niż osiągnięcie Samprasa, wcześniej najlepsze. Amerykanin, który urodził się i rywalizował dokładnie dekadę przed Federerem, sam podkreślał wiele razy, że Roger będzie większy od niego. Dziś wydaje się, że Szwajcar we wszystkim Samprasa jednak nie przebije - Amerykanin zwyciężył w siedmiu Wimbledonach, dłużej prowadził też na liście ATP. Po piętach Federerowi depcze też Rafael Nadal. Jeśli 25-letni Hiszpan wygra w Londynie, będzie miał już 11 Szlemów.

- Druga z rzędu porażka w ćwierćfinale turnieju, który wygrało się sześć razy, musiała zaboleć. Bez względu na to, jak bardzo Roger stara się to ukryć. Kiedy jesteś na szczycie i nagle zaczynasz przegrywać, ciężko znieść to psychicznie. Przed Rogerem dużo rozmyślań o przyszłości - mówi Boris Becker, ekspert BBC, trzykrotny król Wimbledonu z lat 80. Niemiec przypomina, że jego kariera skończyła się właściwie w momencie, gdy pojawił się Sampras i zdał sobie sprawę, że jest ktoś lepszy od niego. Federer też wie, że dziś lepszy jest Nadal, że coraz częściej przegrywa z Djokoviciem, Murrayem, Del Potro, a od czasu do czasu także z Bedrychem i Tsongą. Ile jeszcze porażek wytrzyma?

- Federer grał magiczny tenis, ale jego wielkość polegała też na tym, że zainspirował rozwój innych. To dzięki niemu męski tenis jest dziś na takim poziomie, bo rywale za wszelką cenę chcieli go dogonić - podkreślił Becker.

I u schyłku kariery mistrza wreszcie go dogonili.

- Nie mogłem uwierzyć w porażkę Rogera. Wydawało się, że po tak udanym Rolandzie Garrosie, na swojej ulubionej nawierzchni trawiastej, zaprezentuje się jeszcze lepiej - mówi Wojciech Fibak, ćwierćfinalista Wimbledonu z 1980 r. - Moim zdaniem za wcześnie na skreślanie Federera. Za rok wciąż ma szansę - dodaje Fibak. Jego zdaniem Tsonga, tak jak przed rokiem Berdych, zaskoczył Federera świetnym serwisem. Pokonał Szwajcara nieco większym atletyzmem i odpornością psychiczną.

Podobnie myśli John McEnroe. - Federer wygra jeszcze Szlema. W meczu z Tsongą nie próbował niczego zmienić i to go zgubiło w końcówce - stwierdził Amerykanin, trzykrotny mistrz Wimbledonu.

Kolejna szansa, żeby przekonać się, kto ma rację, pod koniec sierpnia na US Open.

Jakub Ciastoń

http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,107387,9874 … hodzi.html

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#1312 08-07-2011 14:26:40

ginny

User

Roger gra w tenisa razem ze szwajcarskim skoczkiem narciarskim Simonem Ammannem

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264664_10150301181106355_192475986354_9762048_7254068_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264814_10150301181076355_192475986354_9762047_6266624_n.jpg

http://a3.blick.ch/img/gen/i/7/HBi7eRhK_Pxgen_r_479x332.jpg

Ostatnio edytowany przez ginny (08-07-2011 15:11:05)

#1313 09-07-2011 09:45:28

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2-0 against Portugal

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1106_CS_video.jpg

Roger had to fight back from one set down in the Davis Cup rubber today to eventually defeat Portugal's Rui Machado 5-7, 6-3, 6-4, 6-2.

It was our champ's first Davic Cup match after almost two years. He struggled with too many errors in the opening set but continually raised his level of play. Thanks to early breaks in the following sets, Roger worked his way into the lead and sealed the victory after a little more than two and a half hours.

Switzerland now leads 2-0 against Portugal after the first day of play as Stanislas Wawrinka won the opening match, obviously thrilling the 8'000 Swiss fans in the Swiss capital.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … tugal.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1314 11-07-2011 18:12:30

jaccol55

Administrator

#1315 13-07-2011 16:49:29

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Federer pomoże dzieciom z Malawi

Słynny szwajcarski tenisista Roger Federer zamierza pomagać dzieciom z jednego z najbiedniejszych krajów na świecie - Malawi.Zwycięzca 16 turniejów przyznał, że prowadzona przez niego fundacja dobroczynna przekaże 3,3 mln dolarów na opracowany 10 lat temu projekt dotyczący pomocy w edukacji dzieci z Malawi. Celem jest umożliwienie rozpoczęcia nauki 54 tysiącom najmłodszych mieszkańców państwa położonego w południowo-wschodniej Afryce.

- Jako ojciec dwóch córek (bliźniaczki Myla Rose i Charlene Riva mają po dwa lata), na co dzień obserwuję jak dzieci niewiarygodnie szybko się uczą i rozwijają - powiedział 29-letni tenisista, obecnie trzeci na liście światowej.

Projekt zakłada prowadzenie nauki w 80 centrach edukacyjnych w sześciu z 28 dystryktów w Malawi. Według statystyk, w tym kraju ponad trzy miliony dzieci poniżej ośmiu lat nie chodzi do szkoły, a analfabetyzm jest ogromnym problemem.

Istniejąca od 2003 roku fundacja imienia Rogera Federera pomaga dzieciom m.in. w Tanzanii, Zimbabwe i Republice Południowej Afryki oraz sportowym talentom w Szwajcarii.

Dwa tygodnie temu Federer niespodziewanie odpadł już w ćwierćfinale turnieju na trawiastych kortach w Wimbledonie. Pokonał go w pięciu setach Francuz Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. W przeszłości Szwajcar sześciokrotnie wygrał londyńską imprezę.

PAP

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ … -z-malawi/

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#1316 14-07-2011 17:26:43

FEDEER

Federasta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer FOREVER

Roger F e d e r e r    -    G O A T
MTT:  W Memphis '11
          Final: Sztokholm '10, Cincinnati '10, Estoril '11, Nicea '11, Halle '11
          QF: Shanghai '10, Paryż - Bercy '10, Brisbane '11, Sydney '11, AUSTRALIAN OPEN '11, San Jose '11, Madryt '11, Los Angeles '11

Stopka forum

RSS