• Polecamy: Gry

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#621 26-01-2011 16:28:02

Serenity

User

Re: Rafael Nadal

AO 2011 - wywiad po porażce w ćwierćfinale

Q. What can you tell us about the injury? What did David say to you at the end of the match?

RAFAEL NADAL: I can say nothing about the injury. Seriously, I would prefer don't talk a lot about the injury.

Tonight, first of all, I don't know nothing. Second thing, for respect to the winner and to a friend, I prefer to talk about the match. I think he played at a very high level. I just congratulate him and wish him all the best for the semifinal. I think he's doing a fantastic tournament. If he keep playing like this, he going to have a good chances.

What David told me at the net is for me and that's it.

Q. How emotional is it for you tonight?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, is a difficult day for me. I lost in quarterfinals another time. So I tried my best. I couldn't do more. Tonight I think I played against a great player, a great opponent. Today I really can't do more than what I did. So he played at a very high level, and I wasn't able to compete against him tonight.

Q. It's going to be difficult for us to write a piece without appreciating how well you could move. It seemed to us you couldn't move as well as you would like to have been moving tonight. Is that a fair statement?

RAFAEL NADAL: You see the match?

Q. Yes.

RAFAEL NADAL: So you are ready to write everything. I don't have to tell you about what I felt on the court because I tried my best all the time. But is obvious that I didn't feel at my best. I had a problem during the match, in the very beginning. After that, the match was almost over. So that's what I can say.

But you know what, for me is difficult come here and speak about. In Doha I wasn't healthy. Today I have another problem. Seems like I always have problems when I lose, and I don't want to have this image, no? I prefer don't talk about that today. If you can respect that, will be a very nice thing for me. Thank you.

Q. What was the problem, though?

RAFAEL NADAL: You are listening me? I can't tell you which problem I have. First thing, because I don't know. That's my answer.

Q. What you achieved in the last year was nothing short of amazing. Does this break your heart a little bit that it had to happen like this?

RAFAEL NADAL: The tennis career, you have higher moments and lower moments. I had almost all the time very, very happy moments and very nice moments in my career. That's part of the sport. Last year I was very lucky. I was healthy most of the year. I was playing unbelievable during all the year.

This year I did I think all the right things to start the season playing really well. And, seriously, I was playing like this in the first exhibition in Abu Dhabi. After that starts the problem. Was a difficult month for me, no?

That's part of the sport. Accept; keep working; try my best in the next tournament. That's what I can do.

Last year I had a fantastic year. This year the year just start. Last year in the beginning I had problems, too, and finally was the best season of my career. I think is almost impossible to repeat that. But remain a lot, and remain a lot to have hopefully really good moments, and at the same time, too, really negative moments.

So this is one of bad ones, one of negative moments. That's part of the sport. I think I am very, very lucky sportsman about what happened in my career. And I have to accept the fantastic moments that I had during a lot of years with the same calm that when I have problems. And if I am ready to accept both things with I think let's say everything the same, I going to be able to come back and play my best tennis another time.

Q. How do you think David will get on in the semifinals?

RAFAEL NADAL: He's playing fantastic. But I think he's not the favorite. But if he keep playing like this, hopefully he can have a good chance to be in the final or win the tournament. I would love. Is a fantastic person. Is a close friend of mine. So I wish him all the best.

I think that Andy is playing very good, too, but David is playing at high level, no? If he's able to keep playing like this, I think he gonna have a good chances. I hope that. I wish him all the very best.

Q. After what happened in Doha, coming here a little bit late...

RAFAEL NADAL: Coming late?

Q. You were ill in Doha and came to Melbourne a little bit late.

RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't came late. You are wrong. I was here one week before the tournament. Is more than enough.

Q. The question is, with you being ill in Doha, then what happened after the Tomic match, did you feel that maybe this tournament wasn't meant to be, wasn't destiny to win?

RAFAEL NADAL: I tried my best in Doha. Was a difficult week for me. Here, seriously, before the match of today I started to feel that I am playing much better and I am very healthy and don't have no problem in general. So I was happy about happened during the first week because I was through without being perfect.

I started the second week with a very good match against Cilic and improving my level every day. Seriously, I was practicing much better than in the beginning of the tournament, and I felt ready to play this quarterfinals. But wasn't the day.

Q. What will be your next tournament?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know yet. I have to think a little bit about everything and we will see what's going on in the next weeks.

Q. We appreciate your fair play, and we understand what you're saying. I just would like to know if you didn't have in front of you a friend of yours, would you have kept till the last ball and point to stay on court or would you have left a little before?

RAFAEL NADAL: I hate the retirements, so this wasn't the day. I did last year. I hate that moment. I didn't want to repeat that.

Q. The match against Cilic showed you were recovering well. Did you feel anything unusual the last couple days?

RAFAEL NADAL: I felt fantastic the last couple days. I practiced very good yesterday. I had a fantastic warmup today before the match. Only feeling that I can say was very positive. I started the second week, and when the second week started, everything was better and better for me: the health, sweat, the level of tennis. Everything was better and better.

Q. Earlier today Andy Murray said there's a number of guys on tour who on any given day can beat each other: yourself, Robin, Roger...

RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't understand.

Q. He said any one of the top six or seven players on any day can beat each other. Do you think after the year you had last year, our expectations of you are probably higher than yours, given the evenness of the top six or seven players?

RAFAEL NADAL: For me there are much more than six or seven on the tour that can beat everybody. I think is more than these few. In general, the expectations, I don't know which expectations you have about me. I have my ones. I have my goals. Probably we think different ways, no?

I live day to day with myself. You see everything from outside. I know how difficult is everything. Probably, you know, not exactly the same. This part is difficult, no? This part is very competitive. You have to have be in perfect conditions to win. The season is always crazy, very long. You can't have time to rest and come back to prepare perfect in a season. That's this game. Only the best players, only the more prepared players physically and mentally are ready to be here and to be in the top positions a long time.

My expectations, I said before the tournament, I said before the year start, is enjoy every day and practice hard every day with same illusion, humble and motivation that I did all my career. So that's my principal goal, in general, no?

I lost in quarterfinals today. We'll see what's happen in next tournament. I'll work hard to be ready.

Q. Can you tell us your feelings tonight compared to this time last year?

RAFAEL NADAL: Is different because last year was the knees. I had a problem, big problem, in the knee in the past. So was hard for me to have another time the same. I didn't see a solution in that. Is not the case.

I came last year after probably six, seven months really hard for me of injuries and of problems in general. So was a hard situation. This year everything is a little bit different. I have three more Grand Slams at home, a few more Masters 1000s and a few more tournaments.

I can say nothing wrong because I had a fantastic time last year. Not possible be all the time at hundred percent. Not possible all the time to have all the positive factors together to win in every tournament.

Last year happened in almost every one. This year we start with a little bit of unlucky. I gonna work hard to come back and to keep having chances and to compete against the best players and to keep being in the top positions of the ranking, so...

I love playing tennis. I love the competition. And I love, in general, the hard moments because you are ready to change the situation working hard, working every day with a goal and with illusion.

Q. You said your preparation was good for this year. Was the vacation long enough after London?

RAFAEL NADAL: The vacation long enough? No, one day is enough, you think? Never is enough. With this sport you never have vacations enough. This part is special for different things. This factor is one of the special things that makes the tour hard and difficult. Only the best players mentally prepared are ready to be here long time.

I said before, wasn't a problem of holidays, the start of the season. The only problem was a little bit of unlucky. In general, I had a virus. When you have a virus, your body goes down and you have more risk of everything. That's probably what happened. That's the simple thing.

Now we have to accept. I said 100 times. But the only thing I can say is, accept the situation and work to try to have another very good season.

Q. How did the fireworks display disrupt your rhythm?

RAFAEL NADAL: Nothing, nothing, no.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 10048.html

#622 30-01-2011 21:17:28

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Rafael Nadal flies home for scans on injured hamstring

SHATTERED world No.1 Rafael Nadal flew back to Europe on Thursday night bound for scans on the hamstring strain that ended his grand slam dream,
Nadal had preliminary scans on his left leg at Melbourne Park immediately following an anguished 6-4 6-2 6-3 quarter-final loss to compatriot David Ferrer.

The scans showed Nadal had suffered minor damage, the result of injuring the leg in the first game of the match.

Nadal will be examined by doctors in Spain before committing to a tournament return.

The left-hander's bid to become the first man in history to hold all four majors since Queenslander Rod Laver in 1969 ended in tatters against Davis Cup teammate Ferrer.

Post-match, Nadal was reluctant to use the injury as excuse after retiring against Andy Murray in the corresponding round last year because of a knee injury.

The Mallorcan told Spanish reporters he did not want to discuss details of the injury out of respect for Ferrer.

But he was quoted by wire service EFE as saying in Spanish: "I know what I have. I have nothing important, it is a broken (muscle) fibre. I have the point perfectly located and I know what it is."

Nadal was adamant the injury played a minor part in the result, despite his obvious struggle.

"I would prefer (not to) talk a lot about the injury," he said.

"He (Ferrer) played at a very high level, and I wasn't able to compete against him.

"Seems like I always have problems when I lose, and I don't want to have this image, no?

"I tried my best all the time. But is obvious that I didn't feel at my best.

"I had a problem during the match, in the very beginning. After that, the match was almost over."

Nadal is still mentally scarred by last season's retirements and was determined, regardless of the cost, to finish the match against Ferrer.

"I hate the retirements, so this wasn't the day," he said.

"I did (retire) last year. I hate that moment. I didn't want to repeat that.

"Is different (this year) because last year was the knees.

"I had a problem, big problem, in the knee in the past.

"So was hard for me to have another time the same. I didn't see a solution in that. Is not the case (this time)."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/austr … 5995719044

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#623 01-02-2011 19:09:44

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Nadal reveals extent of injury

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/eurosport/20110201/25/6c09c8d12747188dca079f786067561c.jpg

World number one Rafael Nadal damaged a muscle in his right leg during his Australian Open quarter-final defeat by Spanish compatriot David Ferrer and needs around 10 days to recover.

Nadal, who is recuperating at home on the Balearic Island of Mallorca, received scan results on Tuesday that confirmed the extent of the injury, he said in a statement.

"Doctors estimate a recovery period of about 10 days from today, February 1," the statement said.

The French Open, Wimbledon and U.S. Open champion, who failed in Australia in his bid to hold all four Grand Slams at the same time, should be fit for Spain's Davis Cup match against Belgium on March 4-6 and the Masters events in Indian Wells and Miami later that month.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/01022011/58/ … njury.html

#624 01-02-2011 20:04:38

anula

Kobieta z klasą

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafa Nadal

Dobra wiadomość. Wydawało mi się, że kontuzja dotyczy lewej nogi. Zdrowiej i wracaj do gry Rafa.

#625 02-02-2011 15:37:31

Serenity

User

Nadal set to back on court in a month

Rafael Nadal expects to be back on the court in a month after doctors in Spain said he would need 10 days to rest an injured leg muscle.

The problem cost him a quarter-final loss at the Australian Open and ended the dream of winning four consecutive Grand Slam titles.

"Doctors estimate a recovery period of about 10 days from today, Feb. 1," read a statement on his website. Nadal flew home to the island of Mallorca for scans and examination, with his doctors giving their positive verdict on the condition of his injured leg.

Nadal can likely be expected to play in the Davis Cup first-round tie with Belgium March 4-6 tie before flying to the US for the Masters 1000 events at Indian Wells and Miami.

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110202/ … in_a_month

#626 03-02-2011 12:25:18

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

#1: Rafael Nadal wyprzedził Lleytona Hewitta.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2700000/Rafael-Nadal-rafael-nadal-2771122-340-523.jpg

Hiszpański tenisista rozpoczął swój 82 tydzień przewodnictwa męskim rozgrywkom i tym samym wyprzedził Lleytona Hewitta w klasyfikacji wszechczasów, obejmującej okresy panowania poszczególnych graczy w rankingu ATP Tour.

Stan na dzień 31/01/2011
7.Andre Agassi (USA) - 101
8.Rafael Nadal (ESP) - 81
9.Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) - 80

Pełna statystyka:
http://www.mtenis.pun.pl/viewtopic.php?id=647

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#627 03-02-2011 17:07:47

Robertinho

Nadal can overcome injury woe

http://l.yimg.com/i/util/anysize/376,http%3A%2F%2Fa323.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Fpatrick_mouratoglou_uk%2Fpatrick_mouratoglou_uk-173927370-1296576285.jpg%3FymdMcfEDG4_ux2u7?v=2

http://l.yimg.com/i/i/eu/sp/epta42.jpg

Despite his premature loss at the Australian Open in Melbourne, Rafael Nadal is obviously very far away from giving up his number one ranking.

His achievement of even winning three Grand Slams in a row was an amazing streak.

His start to the season, his journey to the Australian Open, has been a struggle for him.

He had a virus in Doha, which hampered him both there and then for the first few rounds in Melbourne.

It may even have weakened him so much that it caused him muscles to give up, the tear in the thigh preventing him from playing at 100 per cent against David Ferrer.

But despite this, the Spaniard impressed again by his ability to win when he's not at his best.

He played brilliantly against Ernests Gulbis in Doha and again at the start of his Australian Open where he was sweating more than usual, proof maybe of a fever being still there.

More than ever, Rafa is showing how much of a huge champ he is.

But he's also showing that his only limit is his fitness, which once again gave up on him due to due to the tough challenge he asks of his body because of the way he plays.

But, compared with the past, I reckon that Rafa has grown up; he now plays a lighter schedule in order to protect his body, which is the most precious gift he has if he wants to remain at the top of the world rankings.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/pa … icle/1291/

#628 03-02-2011 22:48:51

jaccol55

Administrator

Nadal expects quick recovery

http://www.wimbledon.com/tennisnews/N0492611296578530031A.jpg

World number one Rafael Nadal expects to have recovered in 10 days from the leg injury that scuppered his attempts to win his fourth grand slam title in a row at the Australian Open.

Tests revealed the Spaniard ruptured the adductor longus muscle in his right thigh in his quarter-final clash with countryman David Ferrer in Melbourne last week. Nadal, who was looking to add to last year's victories at the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open, was clearly severely hampered by the problem and went on to lose in straight sets.

But a statement on Nadal's official website revealed the 24-year-old's absence should only be a short one and he is expected to be fully fit for his next scheduled event, Spain's Davis Cup clash with Belgium at the start of March.

http://www.wimbledon.com/tennisnews/art … 6926A.html

#629 04-02-2011 13:04:17

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Nadal Models For Armani

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/389A614E18DC4B5D8BA382769E323F7F.ashx
Rafael Nadal was photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal has been unveiled as the new face of Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans for the spring/summer 2011 collections. The Spaniard follows in the footsteps of international football stars David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Nadal is joined by actress, Megan Fox, in fronting the campaign. The ads, which will be published next month, were photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.

“It was a good experience,” said Nadal. “It's always nice to know different worlds. The fashion world is something that I didn't know before. It was a good photo session, a long one. Hopefully the results are satisfactory. I worked very hard, seriously. It was nice. A different experience and I enjoyed it."

The 24-year-old Nadal recently failed in his bid to complete the “Rafa Slam” at the Australian Open, where he fell in the quarter-finals to countryman David Ferrer. The left-hander had been looking to become the first player since Rod Laver in 1969 to hold all four major trophies at one time.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … rmani.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#630 07-02-2011 21:54:30

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

NADAL NAMED LAUREUS WORLD SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/7F114B6ECFDF426893748B9503A75EFC.ashx
It is Rafael Nadal's second Laureus
Award. He also won the Laureus
Breakthrough Award in 2006.

Spain, the United States and Germany were the big winners at the 2011 Laureus World Sports Awards Ceremony in Abu Dhabi as each country collected two prestigious Laureus Awards.

Spain’s World No. 1 Rafael Nadal was acclaimed Laureus World Sportsman of the Year after his remarkable 2010 winning three Grand Slam events - at Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the US Open. It was Nadal’s second Laureus Award - he also won the Laureus Breakthrough Award in 2006.

Nadal also joined in the celebrations as the Laureus World Team of the Year Award went to the Spain World Cup Team following their victory in South Africa. The first time Spain, a powerhouse of European football, had won the FIFA World Cup.

American Kelly Slater received a warm reception from an enthusiastic audience as he was presented with the Laureus Action Sports Award for the third time, after winning a record tenth World Surfing Championship. Lindsey Vonn made it an American double by winning the Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year Award after a stellar year in which she secured her third straight skiing World Cup and the Olympic Downhill gold medal.

German sport celebrated two Awards. Brilliant young golfer Martin Kaymer was presented with the Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award after winning the US PGA Championship and finishing as No 1 golfer in Europe. While visually impaired skier and biathlete Verena Bentele was a popular winner of the Laureus Disability Award after capturing five gold medals in the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

The Laureus World Comeback of the Year Award went to Italy’s super competitive seven-times motor cycle world champion Valentino Rossi, who returned to the track just 41 days after breaking his leg.

There was a rapturous welcome for French football legend Zinedine Zidane, who received the Laureus Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of his remarkable career, and the Laureus Spirit of Sport Award was presented to the European Ryder Cup Team to mark their emotional win over the United States in October in a match which demonstrated great sportsmanship, golf played at the highest level and enormous and passionate galleries. The Laureus Sport for Good Award was presented to May El-Khalil, founder of the Beirut Marathon.

The Laureus World Sports Awards, which recognise sporting achievement, are the premier honours on the international sporting calendar. The winners, as voted by the Laureus World Sports Academy, the ultimate sports jury, made up of 46 of the greatest sportsmen and sportswomen of all time, were announced at a televised Awards Ceremony staged at the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi hosted by double Oscar winner Kevin Spacey and attended by guests from the worlds of sport and entertainment.

Among the guests were Kevin Spacey, Morgan Freeman, Ronan Keating, Edwin Moses, Boris Becker, Rafael Nadal, Steve Redgrave, Merlene Ottey, Tony Hawk, Kip Keno, Nawal El Moutawakel, Gary Player, Mark Spitz, Frankie Fredericks, Colin Montgomerie, Ille Nastase, Tanni Grey-Thompson, Ion Tiriac, Marcel Desailly, Wladimir Klitschko, Zinedine Zidane, Dwight Yorke, Christian Karembeu, Luis Figo, Kelly Slater and Blanka Vlasic.

At the Awards Ceremony it was announced that Australian five-times motor cycle 500cc world champion Mick Doohan and five-times Olympic rowing gold medallist Steve Redgrave have been elected to the Laureus World Sports Academy.

The Laureus World Sports Awards was staged in Abu Dhabi thanks to the generous support of Aabar Investments PJS, Host Partner for the event. His Excellency Khadem Al Qubaisi, Chairman of Aabar, said: "Aabar is delighted to bring the Laureus World Sports Awards to Abu Dhabi once again. It is a great event and we hope that many of the world's leading sportsmen and women have enjoyed experiencing our Abu Dhabi hospitality. On behalf of Aabar, I would like to congratulate all the winners and wish every nominee continued sporting success in 2011."

Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates, offers a fascinating combination of the old and the new; a blend of Arabic hospitality and mystique where a mixture of culture and tradition come together against a backdrop of the most modern world-class infrastructure. Abu Dhabi is developing a reputation as a great sporting venue as host city for the FIFA Club World Cup, the Etihad Abu Dhabi Formula One Grand Prix and the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship, all highlights of the sporting calendar in the city.

Aabar Investments PJS is an investment company headquartered in Abu Dhabi. It invests in various sectors including aerospace, real estate, automotive and financial services. Its largest stakeholder is the International Petroleum Investment Company, which is wholly owned by the Government of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.

Proceeds from the Laureus World Sports Awards directly benefit and underpin the work of the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation which supports 83 community sports projects around the world. Since its inception, Laureus has raised over €40 million for projects which have helped to improve the lives of more than one-and-a-half-million young people.

The Awards were announced in seven categories. The winners were:
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year: Rafael Nadal
Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year: Lindsey Vonn
Laureus World Team of the Year: Spain World Cup Team
Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year: Martin Kaymer
Laureus World Comeback of the Year: Valentino Rossi
Laureus World Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability: Verena Bentele
Laureus World Action Sportsperson of the Year: Kelly Slater

There were three additional Awards: The Laureus Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to football legend Zinedine Zidane, the Laureus Spirit of Sport Award was presented to the European Ryder Cup Team, while May El-Khalil, founder of the Beirut Marathon, won the Laureus Sport for Good Award.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Year.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#631 09-02-2011 23:32:56

Serenity

User

Nadal begins training with hamstring injury healed

Rafael Nadal has returned to training after his hamstring injury healed, with the Spaniard ready to resume the season with a likely Davis Cup date in early March.

Nadal made an appearance at the launch of the Barcelona clay event, which he won a record five times in succession from 2005, flying in from Abu Dhabi after winning the Laureus Sportssman of the Year award.

"I feel quite good, I'm going home to Manacor to begin training," the No. 1 told his Barcelona audience. "I'll start slowly, I don't want any setbacks."

Spain is due to face Belgium March 4-6, with the Indian Wells Masters to follow the next week. Nadal is recovering poise and form after losing in the Australian open quarter-finals to compatriot David Ferrer, missing a chance to hold all four Grand Slam titles at the same time.

Nadal admitted that he shed tears of frustration in defeat as he mourned in the Melbourne locker room. "I was crying in the locker room, I hate to go out of the tournament. From the third game I knew I didn't have a chance to win. David was playing fantastic and I wasn't able to run enough to rise to the level to beat him."

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110209/ … ury_healed

#632 09-02-2011 23:33:21

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Rafa wznowił treningi. Przygotowuje się do marcowych spotkań w Pucharze Davisa.

NADAL RESUMES TRAINING; BEGINS DAVIS CUP PREPARATIONS

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/7C08BEA7AA074FC6A3798ADC0C1FA33E.ashx
Rafael Nadal announced he would
return to training during the launch
of the 2011 Barcelona Open
BancSabadell in Barcelona on Tuesday.

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal is set to resume training at home in Manacor as he prepares for Spain’s upcoming Davis Cup tie with Belgium next month, according to the Spaniard's official website.

The Spaniard had been advised to rest for 10 days after suffering a left thigh muscle tear during his Australian Open quarter-final exit to David Ferrer, but after a consultation with his doctor, Dr. Ángel Ruiz Cotorro, in Barcelona on Tuesday, he has been cleared to start training again.

Nadal’s official website reports that the Mallorcan was in Barcelona on Tuesday afternoon as the guest of honour at the launch of the 2011 Barcelona Open BancSabadell, where he said, “I feel quite good, I am going home today (Tuesday) to Manacor to begin training on the courts. I am going to start training slowly, following a plan, so that there are no setbacks."

During the press conference, the 24-year-old Nadal also revealed the disappointment he felt at his Australian Open defeat, which denied him the chance to become the first player since Rod Laver in 1969 to hold all four Grand Slam trophies at one time.

“I was crying in the locker room,” said Nadal. “I [hated that I had] to go out of the tournament. Last year, I had to do it and it was something I didn't want to repeat. But from the third game I knew I didn't have a chance to win. David was playing fantastic and I wasn't able to run enough to rise to the level to beat him."

Nadal will have just over three weeks to regain full fitness before Spain faces Belgium in Charleroi from 4-6 March in the Davis Cup World Group first round.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … ining.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#633 12-02-2011 14:52:04

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

NADAL DECLARES "SO FAR, SO GOOD"

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/333E8D238F6042F6A0A3E89C337F01B1.ashx

Rafael Nadal resumed training exactly two weeks after suffering the injury during the Australian Open.

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal has resumed training at home on the island of Mallorca and assured the watching Spanish media that it is a case of so far, so good.

The Spaniard was given the all clear by his doctor in a visit to Barcelona earlier in the week, having spent 10 days undergoing physiotherapy and anti-inflammatory treatments for a left thigh muscle tear, suffered during his Australian Open quarter-final exit to David Ferrer last month.

Nadal’s official website quotes the Spaniard as saying to IB3TV, “So far, everything feels good. This is the first time back I can really assess how I feel as the previous days have been all about physical training. I need to follow a specific progressive training plan so that I can adapt slowly and get back to the same rhythm I had before this happened to me.”

“The important thing is not putting myself at risk. I want to take it slowly and then next week I can take it more seriously,” added Nadal, who, Marca reports, was keen to ease himself back into training and test out his shoulder and wrists after two weeks out of competition.

The 24-year-old Nadal is preparing to lead the Spanish Davis Cup team in its World Group first-round tie away to Belgium in Charleroi from 4-6 March.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Good.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#634 17-02-2011 21:34:47

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Davis Cup - Nadal return set for Davis Cup

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110217/25/6c09c8d12747188dca079f786067561c.jpg

Spain captain Alberto Costa says that world number one Rafael Nadal will be back to action in time to face Belgium in the Davis Cup.

The three-day, best-of-five first round clash takes place in Charleroi from March 4-6.

Nadal has not competed since losing his quarter-final at the Australian Open against compatriot David Ferrer, having suffered a muscle tear in his right leg early in the match.

Ferrer will also be in the line-up for that clash, as will Fernando Verdasco and Feliciano Lopez.

"Having the number one and the best sportsman of 2010 in the side gives us stability," captain Costa said on Thursday.

"After the small injury he had in Australia he did the work needed to get back into training," Costa added. "He's coming back gradually and when he joins our training camp he'll be in perfect condition."

The winner of nine Grand Slams did not represent Spain in 2010, last turning out for the nation in the final of the 2009 tournament, which Spain won.

Spain have a winning record against Belgium in Davis Cup, triumphing on two of the three occasions that they have met in the competition.
Eurosport

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/17022011/58/ … s-cup.html

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#635 26-02-2011 18:03:12

Robertinho

http://www.pudelek.pl/artykul/30661/kob … o_zdjecia/

Wklejam, bo jest tam sporo zdjęć które być może zainteresują Anulę.

#636 26-02-2011 18:37:09

anula

Kobieta z klasą

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafa Nadal

Robertinho napisał:

http://www.pudelek.pl/artykul/30661/kob … o_zdjecia/

Wklejam, bo jest tam sporo zdjęć które być może zainteresują Anulę.

Od razu przeszła mi zimowa depresja. Dzięki.

Fajne te jeansy Rafy.

#637 28-02-2011 15:10:22

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Nadal Prepares To Spearhead Spain Davis Cup Campaign

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/656A0E4D639B4375ABAEA175D2C4C038.ashx
Rafael Nadal last played for
Spain in the 2009 Davis Cup
final.

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal will return to action this week as he prepares to spearhead Spain’s 2011 Davis Cup campaign, beginning with a World Group first-round tie against Belgium in Charleroi.

Writing to his 5.6 million fans on Facebook, the Spaniard said, “Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I don't write you. You know I don't use internet when I am at home. I travelled today to Belgium to play the first tie of the Davis Cup.

“I have been at home all this time after the Laureus Awards. I have been practising and working with my sponsors, but also enjoying my time with my family and friends in Mallorca.”

The Mallorcan will represent Spain in the Davis Cup for the first time since the 2009 final. He is joined in the squad by last week’s Acapulco winner and World No. 6 David Ferrer, No. 9 Fernando Verdasco and No. 40 Feliciano Lopez.

Spain, a four-time winner of the prestigious Davis Cup trophy in the past decade, was without Nadal in 2010 and suffered a quarter-final exit away to France. Looking to beat them at the first hurdle this year is a Belgian team led by tour veterans Xavier Malisse and Olivier Rochus. The tie gets underway on Friday at the Spiroudome in Charleroi.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … lgium.aspx

#638 01-03-2011 17:17:52

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Rafa can't wait for Davis Cup start after injury absence

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/971.jpg

Eager Rafael Nadal arrived in Belgium at the start of the week to prepare for this weekend's Davis Cup first-round tie with the home team.

Spain's world number one has not played since losing a January 26 Australian Open quarter-final to compatriot David Ferrer, also named on the Spanish squad along with Fernando Verdasco and Feliciano Lopez.

After going dark for several weeks as he recovered from a thigh muscle problem, Nadal was back on his Facebook page to catch his fans up on his latest developments. "I spent all this time at home after the (February) Laureus awards," Nadal said. "I've been training and working with my sponsors but mostly enjoying my family and friends in Mallorca."

While Nadal is fit and ready, that's not the case for Gael Monfils, who will miss not only the French visit to an airport hanger in Vienna for the Davis Cup weekend first-round date against Austria, but is also now out of the opening Masters 1000 of the season at Indian Wells from March 9.

"Unfortunately I will not participate in Davis Cup or Indian Wells, it sucks," Tweeted the wrist injury victim who last played a San Jose semi-final on Feb 12, losing to Canadian Milos Raonic.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … ry_absence

#639 10-03-2011 14:50:49

Kazik

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Robin Soderling

Nadal bidding for third Indian Wells championship

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/2159.jpg

Nadal bidding for third Indian Wells championship World No. 1 Rafael Nadal makes his return to action at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells, set to headline a talent-flush field of 96 players. The Mallorcan won the title in 2007 and 2009.

Rafael Nadal heads into the 2011 BNP Paribas Open on a high note, after helping home country Spain to a 4-1 victory over Belgium in Davis Cup. The 24-year-old won both singles rubbers during the tie, having downed both Ruben Bemelmans and Olivier Rochus in straight sets.

Nadal has compiled a 9-2 season record, by virtue of a semifinal appearance in Doha a quarterfinal finish at the Australian Open. The World No. 1 looks to be healthy heading into Indian Wells, where he reached the final four in 2010 (lost to Ljubicic). He is twice a champion at the event, with title-winning runs put together in 2007 (def. Djokovic) and 2009 (def. Murray).

The World No. 1 has been placed in a competitive quarter of the draw that includes (6) David Ferrer, (11) Nicolas Almagro, (15) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, (19) Marcos Baghdatis (23) Albert Montanes, (27) Juan Monaco amd (28) Gilles Simon. Additional combatants in Nadal’s section are: Kevin Anderson, Marcel Granollers, Denis Istomin, Ivo Karlovic, Xavier Malisse and Adrian Mannarino.

After an first-round bye, the nine-time Grand Slam champion is slated to open his bid against either compatriot Pere Riba or a qualifier. Passage through the early rounds will set a possible round of 16 meeting with Monaco and a likely quarterfinal clash with Ferrer, who defeated his countryman at the Australian Open.

Nadal is located in the same half as both reigning Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic, who commences the tournament unbeaten in 2011, and 2010 Indian Wells runner-up Andy Roddick.

#640 12-03-2011 13:24:49

Kazik

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Robin Soderling

Nadal keeps goals short-term

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110312/25/e497983a95e47988d2fe14ae2d5ab037.jpg

Having suffered an ill-timed leg injury at the Australian Open in January, Rafa Nadal is reluctant to look too far ahead for the rest of this season.

The world number one was sidelined for 10 days after losing to fellow Spaniard David Ferrer in the Australian Open quarter-finals and has competed in only two Davis Cup matches since then.

Nadal is back in action at the Indian Wells ATP tournament, where he won the title in 2007 and 2009, and will launch his campaign against South African Rik de Voest in the second round on Saturday.

Asked by reporters what his goals were for 2011, the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open champion replied: "The goal is the match of tomorrow. That's the first goal, no? We will see.

"I felt I was in very good position to try to start this season very well. I felt perfect but I was unlucky in the beginning of the season, so I am just trying to find again the performance of the beginning of the season."

Nadal, bidding to become only the third man to hold all four Grand Slam titles at the same time, was stunned 6-4 6-2 6-3 by Ferrer in the last eight at Melbourne after suffering a leg injury early in the match.

"That's part of the game," Nadal said of his premature departure from the first grand slam event of the season.

"In the second game, I felt the leg. That's what happened. I tried to recover very fast and practise in Mallorca, so that's what I did. I played Davis Cup last week, and I'm here to try my best."

Nadal won both of his singles encounters in Spain's first-round Davis Cup tie against Belgium last week, describing his form there as "normal".

He was delighted to be back in the California desert at Indian Wells for the opening Masters Series event of the season at a venue he has long enjoyed.

"I don't have any reason to not play well here because I was playing really well before the injury and I came back," Nadal said.

"I need to adapt a little bit to this court, because I think the bounce is like crazy and the ball is very fast. But I always love this tournament, and I always played well in this tournament."

The Spanish left-hander was optimistic he could swiftly regain the form he displayed during his 2010 campaign where he won an ATP World Tour-leading seven titles in nine finals.

"The (season-ending Tour) finals in London I think was a very high level for me," Nadal said. "I have to try to be at this position another time.

"I'm trying my best every day practising. And for sure winning matches, if I am winning matches, everything is gonna be a little bit easier."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/12032011/58/ … -term.html

Stopka forum

RSS