Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#701 08-06-2011 08:19:25

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Rafael Nadal

Nadal: Ciężko pracowałem, żeby być w tym miejscu

http://i.eurosport.pl/2011/06/06/729227-8664451-317-238.jpg

Szóstym triumfem w Paryżu Rafael Nadal wyrównał osiągniecie legendarnego Bjoerna Borga. - To zaszczyt, że jestem do niego porównywany - podziękował tenisista z Majorki.

Rekord pod względem liczby zwycięstw Rolanda Garrosa dzierży Max Decugis, który wygrywał aż osiem razy, ale dokonał tego na początku poprzedniego stulecia, gdy turniej w Paryżu nie był imprezą tak globalną co teraz.

Nadal w niedzielę wywalczył szósty triumf w Paryżu i pod względem zwycięstw jest na drugim miejscu ex aequo z Bjoernem Borgiem.

- To dla mnie bardzo ważne, ale najważniejsze jest, że wygrałem Rolanda Garrosa - powiedział Nadal. - Ciężko pracowałem, żeby być w tym miejscu i żeby znów tu zagrać. To honor, że jestem porównywany do Borga - dodał.

Nadal w Paryżu wygrał sześć razy, a jego konto wielkoszlemowych zwycięstw uzupełniają dwa tytuły na Wimbledonie i po jednym w Australian Open i US Open.

- Nie jestem najlepszym tenisistą w historii, ale jestem wśród najlepszych i to mi wystarcza - powiedział skromnie.

Pod względem zwycięstw w turniejach wielkoszlemowych Nadala dystansuje Roger Federer. Szwajcar wygrywał je 16 razy.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/roland-ga … tory.shtml

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#702 09-06-2011 14:21:48

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Nadal Becomes Second Player To Qualify For 2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/DA6F73CD32DE4CF798312855A412B9DB.ashx

Rafael Nadal has qualified for the year-end finale seven straight years.

Following his win on Wednesday at the AEGON Championships at The Queen’s Club in London, Rafael Nadal, who captured his sixth Roland Garros crown in seven years on Sunday, has become the second player to qualify for the 2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

Nadal’s 6-4, 6-4 win today over Australia’s Matthew Ebden at Queen’s means the Spaniard now counts sufficient South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings points to ensure himself a place among the world’s Top 8 singles players at the season finale in London. The 25-year-old Spaniard joins Serb Novak Djokovic as the first players to qualify for the event, to be held November 20-27 at The O2 in London.

“It’s always a pleasure to play in London. It’s a fantastic city and The O2 stadium is one of the nicest indoor stadiums in the world. It was a fantastic tournament last year for me, playing in the final, with very emotional matches. I’m very happy to be qualified and to come back again this year,” said the Mallorca native.

Nadal, who tied Bjorn Borg’s record of six Roland Garros titles, is the top seed in this week’s AEGON Championships at the Queen’s Club in London. The Spaniard has reached a career-best seven consecutive finals (3-4 mark) on the season heading into this week’s grass court event at The Queen’s Club.

This is the seventh straight year Nadal has qualified for the year-end finale. Last season he reached his first final, losing to rival Roger Federer in three sets.

Nadal has ranked No. 1 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings for 99 weeks, including the past 53. He first became No. 1 on Aug. 18, 2008 and he held the top spot for 46 weeks.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … alify.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#703 09-06-2011 17:51:48

Serenity

User

Nadal defends Federer over Halle pullout.

http://tennistalk.com/images/article/1326.jpg

Rafael Nadal can see the perfect logic in Roger Federer's late withdrawal from this week's Halle event, with the Spaniard also admitting to fatigue but carrying on as top seed at Queen's club, London.

Federer copped a verbal flailing from the distraught Halle tournament boss, who complained that he had a private jet and maid service lined up for his drawcard who has won the event five times. Federer had listened to his body, deciding to rest this week and make the June 20 Wimbledon start after private practise and not matches after losing to Nadal in the five-set french Open final.

"I'm very tired and I'm here but probably he's the same, tireder than me and he lost the final," said Nadal. "It is tough is mentally, the next day to start practise on grass. I think it's not fair criticise him."

While Nadal admitted that that the loss of a major player on the eve of an event can be a huge blow for organisers "It's not fair from the tournament of Halle, in my opinion. Roger was very important in that tournament. He won few (five) times. But in my opinion, a great champion like Roger, if he doesn't go to Halle this year he's not playing because he cannot play.

"He feels it's dangerous for injuries, it's dangerous for his mental part. It was a mistake from the tournament, in my opinion."

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110609/ … le_pullout

#704 13-06-2011 23:29:04

robpal

Rafaholic

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael Nadal

Zdaje się, że w tym tygodniu stuknęła Rafie "setka"

#705 14-06-2011 00:07:51

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

robpal napisał:

Zdaje się, że w tym tygodniu stuknęła Rafie "setka"

Tak, uprzedziłeś mnie.

Rafael Nadal już przez 100 tygodni zasiada/ł na tenisowym tronie, dziś rozpoczął 101 tydzień 'panowania' w męskich rozgrywkach. Już tylko 1 tydzień dzieli go od Andre Agassiego i 9 od Bjorna Borga.

6. Bjorn Borg (SWE) - 109
7. Andre Agassi (USA) - 101
8. Rafael Nadal (ESP) - 100
9. Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) - 80

Pełna statystyka:
http://www.mtenis.pun.pl/viewtopic.php?pid=32209#p32209

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#706 18-06-2011 13:04:34

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Nadal eyes another Channel Slam

LONDON -- But for three days' difference, they were born exactly 30 years apart. They have won six French Opens apiece. After establishing awe-inspiring dominance on clay, both managed to buck the conventional wisdom and transfer their particular brand of tennis -- an impenetrable baseline game, mental toughness and physical fitness -- to other surfaces.

And if defending Wimbledon champion Rafael Nadal can win the tournament again in two weeks' time, he and Bjorn Borg will have two more things in common: 11 Grand Slam titles and three "Channel Slams" -- the once-rare feat of winning the French Open and Wimbledon back-to-back. Borg won the double a remarkable three times in 1978-80, and it was not done again until Nadal pulled it off in 2008. Roger Federer then did it the following year, and Nadal repeated in 2010.

Borg sees his and Nadal's cross-Channel feats as all the more impressive because they have to go uphill, so to speak -- transition from their best surface to a less comfortable one in just two weeks.

"I always had problems the first couple rounds, my first or second round of Wimbledon," the Swedish legend observed a couple of years ago." If I survived those matches, then I started to play good tennis. I think it's a similarity to me and Nadal. He has a little bit more difficult [time] than Federer coming to Wimbledon.

"Federer has a different type of game, so he can get used to the courts, to the grass courts, much easier than Nadal, or for instance me, too. I had a lot of problem in the beginning."

Although their on-court personalities are very different, the career parallels between Borg and Nadal are still striking, and they have particular resonance at the moment because Nadal is pulling alongside Borg, poised to overtake the great Swede.

Should Nadal pull off the Channel Slam again this year, he will have matched just about every one of Borg's significant achievements except the Swede's five straight Wimbledons, and he can point to his U.S. and Australian Open crowns as substitutes -- two titles Borg never won, rarely playing the Australian and being continually thwarted at the U.S. Open.

There is also another, more negative subtext. This was also the period when Borg, frustrated by losses to John McEnroe at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open, would start to lose his drive for the game, then abruptly quit at the age of 26.

Earlier this season, cracks began to show in Nadal's armor for the first time as he was defeated by Novak Djokovic in four consecutive finals -- including two on clay.

"I am almost 25, but seems like I am playing for 100 years here on the tour," he said at the French Open one day, quite out of nowhere. "You don't have the chance to stop, never, you know. I think for that situation, we have a shorter career." Later, in the press room, someone remarked, "He's sounding like Borg."

It was grounds for pause, even though Nadal improved his form and his mood and went on to win the French Open. As he hoisted the trophy for a record-tying sixth time, just two days after his 25th birthday, it was difficult to imagine its being his last. Yet few imagined that Borg's sixth title in 1981 would be his last.

But surely not. This is one parallel Nadal seems determined to avoid. "I feel 25," he was insisting by the end of the French Open.

At Queen's last week, Nadal was clearly tired but was cheerful with the media. Erratic with exhaustion, he lost to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the quarterfinals, then headed home to Mallorca for a few days of relaxation and fishing -- first calling the tournament director on his way home to apologize for not doing better. Nadal and Borg have the same rigid professional discipline, but off the court, Nadal's lifestyle is far more sedate than Borg's.

In any case, concerns about the length of Nadal's career have never centered on his desire but on his physical health. Apart from a badly timed injury at the Australian Open, the Spaniard has been strikingly healthy for the past 12 months. He seems to have found a technique that keeps the chronic tendinitis in his knees at bay. There have been no reports of the problem since last spring and summer, when he underwent PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatment on his knees, a process that involves injecting the patient's blood into the injured area to hasten healing.

This long stretch of fitness has allowed Nadal to rack up majors at a quick pace. Coming into the French Open last year, he was tied for 21st on the all-time list with six Slam victories. After winning four in the past 13 months, he has leaped to No. 6, and his next victory would put him tied at No. 4 with Borg and Rod Laver. Federer, on top of the list with 16 Grand Slams, will then be in sight.

But even as his legend grows, Nadal does not have quite the same aura of invincibility he did a year ago. Like Borg with McEnroe and Jimmy Connors, he has one rival, Djokovic, breathing down his neck and another, Federer, who refuses to be fully left behind. If he fails to defend his Wimbledon title, Nadal will lose his No. 1 ranking to Djokovic.

Yet instead of feeling more pressure as history beckons and the pack moves closer, Nadal believes the French Open victory will allow him to relax for the rest of the season -- one major is in the bag.

And finally, after 10 major wins, the stubbornly modest champion is prepared to acknowledge that he is one of the giants of the sport. "[One] should be humble, but not silly," he told Spanish newspaper El Pais. "With 10 titles, are you among the best in history? Yes. It's a big personal satisfaction."

Still, that was as far as he would go. "I am not the best player in history," he told reporters after the French Open. "I am one of the best. That's true. That's enough for me."

But if Nadal can carry on where Borg left off, the conversation will not stop there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis … id=6671943

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#707 19-06-2011 17:09:22

jaccol55

Administrator

NADAL PLAYS DOWN REPEAT OF 2010

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/BDB23C5A63274802B13022081143C9FE.ashx
Rafael Nadal cut a relaxed figure
as he practised at Wimbledon over
the weekend.

On the eve of his Wimbledon campaign, World No. 1 Rafael Nadal has ruled out a repeat of his astounding success in 2010. Last year, the Spaniard became the first player to win three consecutive Grand Slam championships in a season since Rod Laver in 1969 when he won Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the US Open back-to-back.

Nadal comes into his title defence at Wimbledon fresh from retaining his Roland Garros crown, but believes the quality amongst the Top 4 is such that it will be nigh-on impossible to win all three once again.

"Last year is, in my opinion, very impossible to repeat: three Grand Slams in a row," said Nadal. "So this year I am very happy about what's going on the season. But to repeat what I did last year is something that I for sure don't think.

"I think we are playing well. I think Novak [Djokovic] had a fantastic season. The first six months was really unbelievable. Roger [Federer] had a very good season, and especially at this last tournament in Roland Garros played fantastic. Andy [Murray] had a fantastic clay-court season, and he arrived at Queen's and he won the tournament. It’s going to be always a big challenge. But I love to play on grass. I love to play in this fabulous place. So I am excited to be back here."

The 25-year-old Nadal also reveals he envies the home support that British favourite Murray receives at the All England Club, where he is bidding to become the first homegrown male to win the singles title since Fred Perry in 1936. Nadal defeated the Scot in his second attempt at the Wimbledon semi-finals last year.

"The pressure is tough, but at the same time, the support is high," said Nadal. "So I prefer have this pressure than don't have this pressure. For sure it is very special [to] play at home. But when you go on court and see all the crowd supporting you it is something very, very emotional and very special. I would love to have this feeling."

Two of Nadal’s 10 Grand Slam championships have come at Wimbledon. He won the title for the first time in 2008 in one of the greatest-ever finals when he defeated Federer 9-7 in the fifth set after four hours and 48 minutes. The Mallorcan explained that it was the opportunity to be a part of epic sporting moments that continues to inspire him.

"When you see some emotional moments on the TV in different events around the world, tough situations, that's inspiration. And just to have the chance to live one of these moments in my sport, that's something really, really exciting for me.

"So my inspiration is every day. For me I love to play big matches. I love to play in big stadiums like here, historic stadiums like Wimbledon. So for me, tomorrow I start playing the first match of the tournament in the Centre Court; for me is a dream. Seriously, that's my inspiration, trying to live these moments."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … eview.aspx

#708 19-06-2011 23:27:19

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

No more pressure for Nadal

http://l.yimg.com/i/util/anysize/376,http%3A%2F%2Fa323.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Fpatrick_mouratoglou_uk%2Fpatrick_mouratoglou_uk-760019230-1308454607.jpg%3FymQLwMFDssZsSuqN?v=2

Rafael Nadal is probably feeling a bit mentally tired at the moment. He had to conjure something special to win the French Open, and that effort may have cost him something in the short term. Going from Paris straight to Queen's is inhuman - never more so than when you've won at Roland Garros.

He urgently needed a break from competition. As soon as he feels fresh again mentally, he will begin to realise how much he has accomplished, and that will fill him with confidence.

The French Open is the biggest goal of his season, and Nadal was rocked by the idea that the tournament could get away from him this year. By winning it, a weight has been lifted.

I think he dealt with the pressure pretty well. By telling the media he was playing badly and wouldn't be able to win the event he managed to drag expectations back to a reasonable level - and of course, in the end he won.

Come Wimbledon, Nadal will find his aggression, his length, and his touch once again.

The only obstacle remaining for him is Novak Djokovic. I'm not talking in terms of the world ranking - the Spaniard is already convinced that he'll lose that top spot - and mathematically it's almost sure to happen in the next couple of months. The real issue is that despite the French Open win, he hasn't solved the issue of how to beat the Serb in a match.

The feeling of helplessness, the sense that he cannot find a way to victory - it's a problem Rafa has never had against any opponent before.

Djokovic has the answer to Nadal's best weapon - he can prevent Rafa from causing mayhem with the forehand. In contrast to Roger Federer, Nole is not troubled on the backhand when he has to play from above-shoulder height, and when Nadal is refusing to trade diagonally (his backhand against Djokovic's forehand) he goes for a neutral shot and more often than not Djokovic's power punishes him.

I've pointed it out before, but by taking balls so early Djokovic also doesn't suffer against Nadal's topspin, and because he's prepared to play a little further forward in the court he deprives Rafa of time. Novak's forehand is neutralising Rafa's forehand - and his backhand neturalises Nadal's.

That leaves Nadal at a tactical dead-end - and with Djokovic possessing very few flaws, Nadal's search for an answer is harder than ever.

But maybe the fact that Nadal already has the prize he wants - the French Open - he might just find that answer without the pressure on his shoulders.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/pa … icle/1956/

#709 20-06-2011 19:31:03

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Three-Slam only a dream for Nadal

http://tennistalk.com/images/article/2001.jpg

Top seed Rafael Nadal has injected what he believes is a dose of realism into the hyped-up Wimbledon run-up, saying that winning three Grand Slam titles as he did in 2010 is surely an impossible repeat.

Nadal is trying to tamp down expectations as he enters his title defence at the All England club, facing the possible loss of his No. 1 ranking through various combinations of finishes by chasing rivals Novak Djokovic and six-time Wimbledon winner Roger Federer.

"We can dream about a lot of things, for me (three 2011 Slam titles) is a dream. I know how tough, how competitive is this sport," said No. 1 Nadal, who ran the table with singles titles last season at the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open.

"Last year is, in my opinion, very impossible to repeat: three Grand Slams in a row. This year I'm very happy about what's going on the season.

"But repeat what I did last year is something that I for sure don't think (is possible). I've done very well the first six months. I lost a few finals, but I was in all the finals. I won three, and I won Roland Garros.I'm here forget about the past.

"This tournament is always going to be a big challenge," he said of Wimbledon. "But I love to play on grass. I love to play in this fabulous place, so I'm excited to be back here.

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110620/ … _for_Nadal

#710 21-06-2011 09:45:52

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

R. Nadal bt M. Russell 6 4, 6 2, 6 2

Q. You never got to defend your first Wimbledon title. You finally got that moment of walking out first on Centre Court as defending champion. How did it feel?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, fantastic. Seriously, I never played in a court like this. Was a big emotion be the first player to play in this fabulous court. So seriously was a very, very exciting feeling.

Fantastic how see the court in the really, really perfect conditions. So, yes, very, very happy for everything.

Q. Your final in 2008 against Federer is remembered as one of the greatest games ever. But this year there's a lot of talk about the top four seeds all being very equal, Murray, Djokovic and Federer. Who do you see as your biggest opponent?

RAFAEL NADAL: My biggest opponent is Sweeting now. I am focused on my part of the draw. I'm focused on myself. To play against Andy or Djokovic or Federer only can be in the final, against Andy in the semi-finals.

So remain a lot for that. So let's talk about today. Let's talk about tomorrow. Not let's talk about in 10 days or 12 days, because I don't know if I am here or I am fishing in Mallorca. You never know what's going on in a tournament like this.

So happy about the victory in the first round. Especially happy how I played in the second and the third set.

Q. You responded to his breaking your serve in the first set very vigorously. Were you surprised that he took that game?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think he started playing very well, I think aggressive, having good returns. I started, in my opinion, trying to play too fast in the beginning probably. I had few mistakes with the backhand, with the forehand. So he had the break.

But after that I started to change a little bit more the rhythm with the slice, trying to play a little bit longer points, try to hit the forehand when I had the chance. I think I did well after that first moment of the first set.

My level in general I think was very positive, no?

Q. What opportunity did you have yesterday to watch the U.S. Open golf, and have you had any communications with Rory since he won?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. I for sure text him a message. You know how when you win a tournament like this how many messages you have on the phone.

Anyway, he did amazing. He played solid yesterday, doing what he had to do all the time, no mistakes. So mentally, we talk about the level of the golf, well, only Tiger a few times. Saw one player play like this.

Was perfect, in my opinion, round of golf, every day, yesterday. Because after the nine holes, he played solid all the time with no mistakes. Is tough when you have to be solid and you don't have to do mistakes.

When you have to play aggressive, you know what you have to do is probably sometimes easier, but when you have to defend the advantage, you start to play a little bit more defensive. Sometimes can be dangerous. And he did perfect. He managed the moments perfect, in my opinion.

Q. He said he's going to be here next Monday. What are your thoughts on him being here and being in the Royal Box?

RAFAEL NADAL: Hopefully have the chance to congratulate him in person.

Q. In the last eight years you're the only player to win Queen's and then go on and win Wimbledon. How important do you think it is to get a win on grass before you come here, or is it not that important?

RAFAEL NADAL: For sure is important. I did in 2008. I won in Queen's and after I won here in Wimbledon. But I heard before that was a long time without a player. How many years?

Q. 2002, Lleyton Hewitt.

RAFAEL NADAL: Oh, 2002 Lleyton Hewitt did it. I thought it was more.

No, for sure I prefer to win a tournament before I start Wimbledon than don't win a tournament. If not, is stupid say another thing.

Different tournaments. But for sure if you win in Queen's, you have chance to win here for sure, little bit more because the confidence, because everything.

Q. How nice was it for you to see your mother and father sitting in the Royal Box in the front row?

RAFAEL NADAL: Too many beautiful things to saw my mom and my dad in the Royal Box. For sure can just say thanks to Wimbledon, to the people who organize this fantastic tournament to invite my mother and father to the Royal Box. I think for them was a great experience. So, yeah, everything in general was very, very nice today.

Q. You have two free nights before your next match. Will you stay in your apartment, or do you think you'll go out in London?

RAFAEL NADAL: Two free nights?

Q. Two nights before your next match.

RAFAEL NADAL: Like always. Always is the same. Is a Grand Slam. Always you have two nights before your next match, no?

Q. But will you stay in your apartment or go out?

RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't have time to plan what I gonna do. I don't know. I will talk with my team. If they want to go out not for a party, if they want to go out for the dinner in London or they want to stay at home, for me doesn't matter. Everything is fine for me.

Q. What are your thoughts on your next opponent? You mentioned that's the only match you're thinking about now.

RAFAEL NADAL: I played against him two times this year, one time in Australia, one time in Indian Wells. He had a fantastic comeback today, so probably he arrives to the match with good confidence.

I think he's a good player, no? I saw him winning matches around the tournaments. He's playing better and better every time.

We will see. I have to play my tennis. I have to play aggressive like every day. That hopefully will be enough. If not, congratulate the opponent.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 88234.html

#711 22-06-2011 00:42:28

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

'Excited' Rafa Enjoys Wimbledon Opener

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/8DD18CC0FC3646998BC63910308898C6.ashx
Nadal won his 15th straight
match at Wimbledon Monday.

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal opened his Wimbledon title defence Monday with a 6-4, 6-2, 6-2 victory over Michael Russell to win his 15th straight match at the All England Club. Nadal said that he relished the honour of walking onto the most famous tennis court in the world as defending champion.

"[It] was a big emotion being the first player [this year] to play in this fabulous court," said Nadal, who was able to walk out as defending champion for the first time, having been sidelined in 2009. "So seriously [it] was a very, very exciting feeling. [It was] fantastic to see how the court is in really, really perfect conditions.

"I'm happy about the victory in the first round, especially happy how I played in the second and the third sets. I started, in my opinion, trying to play too fast in the beginning probably. But my level in general I think was very positive."

In a comprehensive performance, Nadal rallied from an early 2-4 deficit in the first set as he won 70 per cent of his service points, and claimed 50 per cent of points on return, breaking the American seven times in 10 opportunities. He displayed his proficiency at the net, winning 13 of his 16 approaches to take the encounter in one hour and 58 minutes.

The win saw Nadal improve his undefeated record in first-round matches at Grand Slam events to 29-0. After retaining his Roland Garros crown two weeks ago with victory over Roger Federer, the 25-year-old Nadal is bidding to equal Bjorn Borg’s record of winning the Roland Garros – Wimbledon double three times. He also won the two tournaments back-to-back in 2008 and 2010.

In the second round, the Mallorcan will play American Ryan Sweeting, who came from two sets down to defeat Spaniard Pablo Andujar 3-6, 4-6, 6-1, 7-6(1), 6-1. The 23 year old recorded just his third victory in a Grand Slam championship main draw.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … pener.aspx

#712 22-06-2011 00:44:14

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Nadal Reaches Out To Golf Young Gun McIlroy

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/E5EED04C1EBB41449DEB6F4A179CB224.ashx
Nadal opened his Wimbledon title defence in front of his parents, who sat in the Royal
Box Monday.

Roger Federer and Tiger Woods have had a long-standing friendship, but there’s a new tennis-golf comradeship on the block. World No. 1 Rafael Nadal reached out to young golf sensation Rory McIlroy, who roared to his first major title on Sunday, claiming the US Open by eight strokes. “I texted him a message,” the defending Wimbledon champion said Monday. “He did amazing. He played solid yesterday, doing what he had to do all the time, [with] no mistakes.”

The Mallorcan met McIlroy at last year’s US Open and the two have forged a great companionship. An avid golfer and regular follower of the sport, Nadal has a standing invitation from McIlroy to play at St. Andrews whenever their schedules permit.

The budding friendship isn’t surprising, as the two share similar trajectories in their sports; both were highly touted during their junior/amateur days and broke through for their first major titles at considerably young ages. Nadal was 19 when he won his first Roland Garros crown and McIlroy, who recently turned 22, is the youngest major golf champion since Woods won the 1997 Masters at Augusta National at 21 years of age.

Nadal, one of the most resolute athletes on the planet, praised the Northern Ireland native’s ability to remain steadfast throughout his final round of play. “When you have to play aggressive, you know what you have to do is probably sometimes easier, but when you have to defend the advantage, you start to play a little bit more defensive,” explained Nadal. “Sometimes it can be dangerous. He managed the moments perfectly, in my opinion.”

A two-time winner at Wimbledon, Nadal had his first opportunity to open the tournament as the defending champion Monday after missing out in 2009 with a knee injury. Both his parents were present in the Royal Box for the occasion, something the 10-time major champion cherished. “Too many beautiful things to say [about] my mom and my dad [being] in the Royal Box,” the 25 year old said. “Thanks to Wimbledon, to the people who organise this fantastic tournament to invite my mother and father to the Royal Box. I think for them it was a great experience. Everything in general was very, very nice today.”

McIlroy plans to be at Wimbledon next Monday, and like Nadal’s parents, has been invited to sit in the Royal Box. “Hopefully I will have the chance to congratulate him in person,” Nadal said.

The top seed will next play Ryan Sweeting, a player he’s defeated twice this season, dropping just eight games in five sets of play. The American overcame a two-sets-to-love deficit against Pablo Andjuar to notch his first win at the All England Club. “He had a fantastic comeback today, so probably he arrives to the match with good confidence,” assessed Nadal. “I saw him winning matches around the tournaments. He's playing better and better every time… I have to play my tennis, play aggressive like every day. That hopefully will be enough.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Ilroy.aspx

#713 24-06-2011 18:44:13

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

R. Nadal bt R. Sweeting 6 3, 6 2, 6 4

Q. You must be very pleased with how you played today.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I think I was playing well. I was playing well the first two sets, and especially the beginning of the third. I think I was playing aggressive and with good feelings. But 2 1, 40 Love, I had a few mistakes. And, yeah, he break me back. And after the match was tougher and closer then.

Q. Was that because he started playing better or do you think your level dropped a little bit?

RAFAEL NADAL: I had a few mistakes. Two volleys at that game. So I felt playing very well in that situation, serving much better than the beginning.

No, after that game he started to play more aggressive. He had very good points, very good shots, was dangerous match for me.

In general, I think I did good.

Q. Did you feel any difference in the conditions, playing under the roof?

RAFAEL NADAL: More humid conditions inside. And I don't know if for this change because the atmosphere inside the court with the roof is more humid or because was raining before the match or something.

But seems like the court is a little more slippery than usual, the left part of the opponent's place of the royal box.

Q. In Paris you got to renew your rivalry with Roger in a final for the first time in a while. What else is going on this year is it seems some people think there's another rivalry emerging for you with Novak Djokovic who defeated you four times this year. Do you think this rivalry thing is something that players think about or something that just journalists think about?

RAFAEL NADAL: I cannot talk for the rest of the players. I can talk for myself.

You know, I always say the same: that you feel the rivalry at the end of the season. We will see who gonna be my rival or with which rivals I gonna compete to finish No. 5, No. 6 of the world, or No. 1 or No. 2.

Depends how I played during the season. In September I can tell you who is my rival at that moment. Today my rival is every day my opponent and myself, too, because I have to do well in every tournament in every match. To play against Novak, I only can play against him in a final.

Is true I played already four finals with him this year. But Roger was there all the time, semi-finals. And finally he played a final of Roland Garros, beating Novak in semi-finals.

I understand you have to write, you have to create histories. That's part of your job. But, you know, we will see, no? With Roger, we had a big rivalry probably because we played against each other in finals of Grand Slams, in finals of important matches for both of us, for a lot of years.

With Novak is happening the same. We talked about Novak this year, but Novak for the last four years stays at the No. 3 of the world. He wasn't No. 25. He was there inside this rivalry, no?

And when everybody talk about the rivalry of Roger and me, Novak was there. I consider Novak like a rival. Andy Murray, too.

The thing is not always between two. I think is a lot of players there, and especially the top four had great years the last few ones. Between Andy, Novak, Roger and me, we played probably the biggest matches the last couple of years.

Q. The difference with Roger, though, was that you were deemed to be in the ascendancy. If you look on the Wimbledon website today, the most popular story is you being toppled as No. 1 if you don't win this tournament and that you may be a man in decline. Do you feel like a man in decline?

RAFAEL NADAL: Me?

Q. Yes.

RAFAEL NADAL: Maybe. But I won Roland Garros two weeks ago. I don't forget (smiling). Maybe you or the website yes.

After winning Roland Garros, two weeks later is a little bit fast to say I am. You can say that maybe next year, but probably now is a little bit dangerous to say that.

But, no, you know, is my seventh year without be out of the top two. Is a lot of years. Probably I started to be decline, but hopefully not. Maybe they are right. I don't know.

Q. Did it feel slightly odd today to be playing indoors with a roof on when everyone else was playing outdoors in sunshine?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, that's something strange. But they told me they gonna open the roof. But after the last minute, they told me they predicts a shower. Never comes. We gonna close the roofs.

A new experience for me, a good experience. But the tournament is outdoor, is not indoor. And I prefer to play outdoor.

Q. How do you look at Michael Laudrup's first seen in Mallorca?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the goal was convert. We still in the first division. I think they did well. A lot of changes in the club. Last year, a lot of new players, new president, new people managing the club. So wasn't an easy situation, and I think they did well. They did enough points to be in the first league next year.

So I think with the team that we had, we had a fantastic season, and I think the coach and the people who worked for the coach, with Michael and himself, they did a very good work for Mallorca. I am very happy with them.

Q. Did you get nervous in the end?

RAFAEL NADAL: More than nervous. Last day was terribly dangerous.

Q. You played Muller a few years ago in the second round and lost. You probably didn't expect to be playing him perhaps in the third round. What is your view of Muller, your memories of that match? How have you changed in your game and your belief in yourself since then?

RAFAEL NADAL: I played six years ago, seven years ago. Was a long time. But he beat me. So that's what happened.

He's a very dangerous player. Very sorry for Milos today, what happened to him. That's terrible for any player. I wish him all the best to recover fast.

You know, Gilles is a very dangerous player. He has a very good serve, good volley. He's especially very dangerous player in this kind of surface. So will be tough match for me. I have to be very focused all the time with my serve and try to convert the small chances that I can have on the return.

Q. In your spare time when you go home, are you still cooking in the evening to relax?

RAFAEL NADAL: Here?

Q. Yes.

RAFAEL NADAL: Seriously, this year, I cooked every day, every day for me or for the team. Toni have diet, so I don't cook for him. But for the rest of the team, I cooked almost every day.

Q. What's your specialty?

RAFAEL NADAL: A lot of things. No, very simple things. I do pasta.

Q. Are you as good a cook as you are a tennis player?

RAFAEL NADAL: Probably not.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 90051.html

#714 27-06-2011 20:22:18

Serenity

User

Dobra wiadomość dla Amerykanów

Tired Nadal cuts out Davis date in order to rest

http://tennistalk.com/images/article/2042.jpg

Rest will take top priority for Rafael Nadal, with the Spaniard deciding to skip the July 8-10 Davis Cup quarter-final against the US in Andy Roddick's hometown of Austin, Texas.

Nadal informed Spanish newspaper AS that there is no way he can make it to central Texas for the date and will rest for up to three weeks at home in Mallorca to regain strength for the second half of the long ATP season.

Nadal has long been an outspoken critic of what many top players consider an overly crowded schedule. "The ITF is making a mistake to insist on this format and Davis calendar," said the Spaniard. "There is zero sensitivity to players."

The Wimbledon top seed has played nearly nonstop since March and is desperate for a decent break from the game. The Davis Cup date, which would require him to leave London only hours after any potential Wiimbledon final, will just have to be struck from his calendar.

"I will not be against the United States. The first thing is to be healthy, and now I have to stop," Nadal told the paper. "I can't be everywhere. Now, after finishing the first half of the season, I need rest. I need 15 or 20 days to get ready for the second part of the season."

Nadal said that his problematic knees are not the cause of the decision, saying he want to be ready for the US Open, the final major of the season from August 29.

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110627/ … er_to_rest

#715 27-06-2011 20:46:35

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Szkoda, liczyłem na mecz Roddick - Nadal w Austin.

Z drugiej jednak strony awans do 1/2 jeszcze bardziej prawdopodobny.

#716 27-06-2011 22:16:29

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

R. Nadal bt. G. Muller 7 6, 7 6, 6 0
Q. You've normally played on Centre Court. How did you find Court No. 1? A little slippery today?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, no. I played in both courts all tournaments here. Nothing strange to play in No. 1 Court for me.

Q. How did it feel different from Centre Court?

RAFAEL NADAL: The Centre Court is always probably more special, but both courts are really, really nice.

No, the game don't change.

Q. Did you hurt your leg last night just before the rain came?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, little bit. I felt the leg little bit more tired than usual. I called the trainer for that. Today I still feeling little bit.

But this is not limiting my game. I can play with that without problems.

Q. It's the muscle rather than the knee?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, yeah, no. It's not the knee. Nothing of the knee. Just little bit the muscle, yeah.

Q. Are there any ways in which being a lefty is an advantage on grass? Today you played a fellow lefty, but...

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I answer this question one thousand times. The advantage is because there is not a lot of leftys on the tour. Maybe that's the advantage.

The thing that everybody say, Well, you have your forehand against the backhand of the righty. But the righty have the forehand against the backhand of the lefty.

The outside slice, outside serve against the backhand, the righty have the same on the deuce.

Seriously, the only thing is probably you play less times against leftys than righties. That's the only advantage.

Q. What was the challenge today playing against a fellow lefty?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, the challenge is playing against a player who served fantastic during all the match, in my opinion. But I was little bit lucky the first set yesterday because I think I only won three points before the tiebreak on the return, and I had two set points against.

In the second set today, it was very similar match, no? The set points again. But you decide the set in two balls.

I think I played solid mentally, and in the tiebreak I serve all my points with the first serve. I didn't play no one point with the second. When I had the chance to return, I won the point. I think I played a good point. For that reason, I am in the third round.

The third set, two sets to love, I am able to play with less pressure. I started to return unbelievable and to play at very high level, I think.

Q. What is the challenge of facing Juan Martin Del Potro?

RAFAEL NADAL: Always is a big challenge play against him, no? He's a very, very tough opponent. One of the best players of the world. He had an important injury last year.

His ranking for sure is much better than what the ranking says today. His level is much better than what the ranking says today.

In my opinion, he's top five of level normally, if we talk about level. When he's healthy, he must be in the top five of the ranking normally, no? So will be a very tough opponent for me. I know that. I'm not lucky to play against Del Potro in the Round of 16. But that's what it is, and I have to be playing my best tennis to try to win.

Q. What specifically about his game is so difficult?

RAFAEL NADAL: Everything. I think he has a good serve, very good shots from the baseline. He's complete. I think he's a complete player.

Q. Today's top players have it all: size, power, defence to offence, great on all surfaces. You might not want to answer this. But fans love to imagine how the top players of this era would match up against the great players of the past, like Pete with his serve or Andre with his baseline.

RAFAEL NADAL: Andre wasn't that far. I played against Andre. And Federer played against Andre Agassi. So you can prove that. Nothing new.

I don't know. The champions are champions in his era, in his part of his history. I don't know. Is difficult to compare the moments of tennis 15 years ago between now because the game changes. Not for that reason says the players of today are better than the players of 15 years ago, or the players of 15 years ago are better than today.

The only thing that I can say is before, in my opinion, the top four players didn't play as solid as today is doing. I think all the tournaments, even if there isn't a Grand Slam, is 1000, 500 points tournaments, top players are always there in the finals, semifinals, playing in the final rounds. Probably in the past, didn't happen that a lot.

That's probably because can be two things: is the courts are a little bit slower than before, so the best have a little bit more chances to play the points, and finally if you have more time to play, the best player have better chances to win.

Second thing is because the players of today have big rivalry, and they know if they don't play at his best in every tournament, going to be very difficult to be in the top positions at the end of the season. For that reason we have to be very focused mentally every week.

Q. And the players do really well on all surfaces today?

RAFAEL NADAL: That's easy to explain. That's very easy to explain. Before, the ranking was completely different. You played in tournaments, and the best 18 results counts for the ranking.

Today is not like this. Today you have to play four Grand Slams, nine Masters 1000, four 500, and two 250s. You have to play well on all surfaces, because if not, it's zero points. Before, a lot of Spanish players didn't come here because they know if they came here didn't make a big difference on the points.

Today all the players have to come here and play well here. If not, you have zero points on your ranking.

So the way that the ranking goes today affects on the players are more complete and are able to play well on all surfaces because they have to do. Before, all the players played a lot more tournaments on clay. A lot of Spanish players played all the season on clay.

Today, even if everybody talks I am a clay court specialist, I play four or five tournaments for a year.

Q. A couple of champions John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors said recently the rivalries today are too nice, too friendly, like between you and Roger or Djokovic. What do you think of that?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think is better. I think is better like this than another way. For the example for the kids especially, the education is special, something very, very important, I think.

And if the kids who are watching the matches here, who are following us, will see each other fight every week, discuss every week between each other, probably in the future they are going to have the same. In my opinion, is not a good way the world have to work.

This is the game. What happen outside of the court doesn't affect what's going to happen inside the court. So we can be talking in the locker room before the match. That's not going to have effect what gonna happen in 10 minutes when we are on the court. That's my opinion. Probably the opinion of the past champions, they have more troubles between each other. Is different. But for me the rivalry is only inside the court. Doesn't affect the rest.

Q. Is this the strongest Wimbledon field you've faced, the strength of the top four? Can you remember a stronger Wimbledon field than this at the top?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think you never know what's going on. The tournaments start with one field of everybody and finish with a different result. So seems like the best players are playing well. I don't know if I gonna win next round. So probably the rest of the players thinks the same.

Every day is different. Every day anything can happen. Novak, Roger, Andy are playing well. But the matches are not easy to win. I had two set points yesterday against. Andy yesterday had a tough match. He won in the tiebreak, 7 5, tiebreak of the fourth.

So the matches are close all the time. Is difficult to predict something. We will see what's going on.

Q. The Spanish Under 21 start playing in the final tonight of the Euro Championships. Are you going to watch and do you have a message for them?

RAFAEL NADAL: I talk with the coach, with the second coach, two days ago. I send them the best of luck for the final.

What time is the final?

Q. I'm not sure. I think 8:00 our time.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, for sure I going to be at home watching the match. I didn't have the chance to watch two days ago or three days ago because I was playing. But I watch the previous days. Today going to be an interesting match. We have fantastic team, I think.

Q. Do you remember watching when Roger beat Sampras here, and what do you remember about it?

RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't remember that. Sorry. I didn't see that match.

Q. What players excite you in Under 21s?

RAFAEL NADAL: It's hard to say one. We have a very nice team. It's difficult to say just one.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 21972.html

#717 28-06-2011 13:53:47

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Nadal wins 4-set thriller over Del Potro

http://tennistalk.com/images/article/2001.jpg

Rafael Nadal overcame a heel injury and spirited play from Juan Martin Del Potro to seal up an impressive round of 16 victory.

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal went more than 3 sets without securing a break of serve from Juan Martin Del Potro. That Nadal managed to take a 2-sets to 1 lead is a testament to the Spaniard’s ability to be rock solid on the big points.

Nadal had chances to break the Argentine’s serve in the opening set first one Del Potro’s serve at 4-5 and again with the Argentine serving to force the tiebreaker at 5-6. Unfortunately for the Spaniard, he injured his heel setting up set point and had to call for the trainer right before the tiebreaker.

The Spaniard looked hobbled in the beginning of the breaker. He went down 0-3 before rallying to draw level at 4-4. Del Potro was thoroughly disgusted at Nadal’s ability to keep up after the medical time out, and his frustration lead to some late errors that cost him the set.

Del Potro was the dominant player in the second set. Nadal, while starting to move better than he had in the tiebreak, was still not at 100%. Del Potro started blasting serves and managed to snag a break of the Nadal serve at 4-3 for the chance to serve out the set.

The third set was the crown jewel of the match. Del Potro had his own injury scare in the middle of the sixth service game. The Argentine slid on the slick backcourt and seemed to strain his hip. A quick trip off court and some treatment and Del Potro was back almost as good as new.

Both men played exquisite tennis as the third set neared another tiebreaker. There were no service breaks as the two men pummeled the ball from both the net and the baseline. Nadal constructed a near-flawless tiebreaker to take the 2 sets to 1 lead.

The loss of the third set tiebreaker seemed to take some of the wind out of Del Potro’s sails. The Argentine surrendered his only break of the match to give Nadal a 3-2 lead. The Spaniard got in a spot of trouble, going down 0-30 on his next service game, but clutch play allowed him to hold to consolidate the break. Nadal continued to play better as the match wound to a close and he held at 5-4 to love or the victory.

Nadal will take on American Mardy Fish in the quarterfinals.

http://tennistalk.com/en/match_report/W … _Del_Potro

#718 29-06-2011 15:45:29

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 4 rundzie

R. Nadal bt. J. Del Potro 7 6, 3 6, 7 6, 6 4

Q. How is your injury?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know yet. I have to check. I have to go to do an MRI. I don't know right now.

I felt really bad during I felt that the half of the first set. With the 6 5, I felt terrible, no? I felt that I broked my foot at that moment.

The point with the deuce, that point give me the set point, in that point I felt terrible, no?

I asked for the trainer at that moment when the game was done. I seriously didn't know at that moment the match, I didn't know that if I will have the chance to continue playing.

Q. Can you tell us how it happened or what happened?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know before because I started to feel little bit pain there during the first set. I said before, half of the set. But with the 6 5, I pushed hard with the forehand defending shot and crossed. I felt something that like crushed there in the back of the foot outside.

So I didn't know what was going on then.

Q. Did the pain stay with you for the rest of the match?

RAFAEL NADAL: The pain stay with me for the next points, for sure, and for all the match stays with me. But with the tape, I think we changed a little bit the direction of the support, and probably didn't hurt me much.

But to run to my forehand was very, very tough for me. I felt pain because I cannot push with the foot to defend my forehand. To go against my backhand wasn't a problem. I can run fast there. I can run fast in front of me. The biggest problem is when I had to defend my forehand.

Q. Is it the same injury you had in the last match?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, no.

Q. Different?

RAFAEL NADAL: Completely different.

Q. How worried are you about Wednesday?

RAFAEL NADAL: I am happy today I am through. I thought that I never gonna win this match when it happened with the 6 5. I am very happy to be through, winning against one of the best players of the world. I think was a fantastic match. Was a very good level of tennis tonight.

And I'm worried, for sure. I'm going to do the MRI. We'll see what's going on. Tomorrow we will see. I cannot predict the future.

Q. Will you have the scan tonight or tomorrow?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know yet. I gonna check. I am checking with the doctors, with the physios. They are trying. We are trying our best to do it as fast as possible.

Q. Was part of the problem that you couldn't take any more tablets because you were full of tablets for the previous injury?

RAFAEL NADAL: Sorry?

Q. Had you taken medication?

RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't.

Q. Before the match for your other injury?

RAFAEL NADAL: I did, yeah.

Q. And you couldn't take any more during the match?

RAFAEL NADAL: I can, but with that pain I thought that's not gonna be the solution, so I didn't.

Some question about the match?

Q. Did you think the time violation warning was stupid?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think is always the same umpire to do this. So I don't know if is stupid or not. But the match today was quick. Wasn't this kind of matches that you have slow between points, you have very, very long points, and you are tired and you rest a lot between points. Wasn't my feeling.

I came here 100 times, and I said when the umpire give me time violation, I say, Well, if I was slow is my fault; it's not the fault of the umpire. I am the first one to recognize my faults when I do.

Happened in Roland Garros I think few weeks ago. Somebody give me a time violation. I say, Okay, yes, that's true, I was slow.

Was not my feeling today.

Q. Right after Wimbledon there's the huge Davis Cup competition. Do you think it is a problem having Davis Cup right after a Grand Slam? And why won't you be playing?

RAFAEL NADAL: The problem is the ITF, my opinion. They don't want to change nothing. They are never able to change nothing on the calendar, nothing in the format of the Davis Cup competition. And some thing they are doing bad, because the best player of the world, a lot of times we are not able to play.

So that's happen, they have to think what's going on, no? But they don't think nothing. They keep winning his money and that's it.

For me is hard not go to United States and play for my country. For somebody can think, Well, he only is think about himself. He is playing his own things. Doesn't matter about the Davis Cup. It's not my case.

I always try to play Davis Cup. For me is a really bad new not to be in USA defending my country. I love defend my country. But, seriously, ITF is not helping us nothing on that, and for me is an obligation to not go there.

I cannot be in every place. I cannot be competitive every week of the year. My body needs to rest. You know, I am here. Day before I had little bit pain here. Today I had pain on the foot. Few days ago the knee. So, you know, I played a lot of matches the last six months, especially last five months, four months. Is too much.

Seriously, is not possible be No. 1 or No. 2 playing Davis Cup every tie, be in all the places, be competitive in all the tournaments. Is not possible. I am not 18 anymore. I am 25. I am playing a lot of matches. I am lucky because I won a lot of matches, so for that reason I am playing that match, not because I am playing more tournaments than usual.

So for that reason I cannot be there. For me is tough. But for the ITF, doesn't matter.

Q. Juan Martin for the first time this year he was in the second week in Wimbledon. Some people said his grass court game wasn't very good. You really understood what a threat he was. Can you describe his game?

RAFAEL NADAL: Always is the same history. The same was with me two years ago when I lost in 2005 in second round against Muller. My game is not ready for grass.

After four years I played two finals, two champions. Here I am in quarterfinals.

He is young. He has an unbelievable potential. With this serve, he is always very competitive in these courts. And for sure the No. 4, 5 of the world winning Grand Slam titles, he's one of the favorites to win here. Why not? He has very good serve, very good shots from the baseline, and his volley looks good.

I don't see no one reason to think he not gonna play really well here.

Q. How much chance have you had to look ahead? Have you looked at the game of Mardy Fish very much?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, he's playing fantastic. I saw him a few not today. I was playing today, but I saw him a little bit against Robin Haase. He's playing at a very, very high level. He's very dangerous player, so I will try my best to be very competitive on Wednesday.

I need be at my hundred percent. If not, gonna be impossible against him. So I have to recover.

Q. How convinced are you you'll be fit for Wednesday?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I told before, I cannot predict the future. I say today I had the pain. I felt something is a fresh injury. Let's see what's going on and let's see how the MRI looks.

And after, let's see if we have the chance to recover for Wednesday. I don't know.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 31151.html

#719 29-06-2011 15:58:17

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Nadal Ready For Fish In Quarter-finals

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/C58238A2D1EF4E87B42607A2630A7051.ashx
Rafael Nadal is chasing
a third Wimbledon title.

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal will line up against Mardy Fish in the Wimbledon quarter-finals Wednesday after an MRI scan confirmed that he had not suffered a foot injury during a grueling four-set win over Juan Martin del Potro in Monday's fourth round.

Nadal released a statement on his Facebook page confirming the good news: "Yesterday after the match I went to take an MRI at a London hospital. During the match I thought I had something serious but as the match went through the pain got better and thankfully the tests don't show an injury. Today I will practice at 4.30 pm and I'll play tomorrow. Thanks all for the support."

Nadal has won the Wimbledon title in his two most recent appearances in 2010 and 2008 and finished runner-up in 2007 and 2006. After triumphing in Paris earlier this month, Nadal is attempting to complete the prized Roland Garros-Wimbledon double for the third time in his career.

To retain No. 1 spot in the South African Airways ATP Rankings on Monday, Nadal must win the Wimbledon title and No. 2 Novak Djokovic must not advance beyond the semi-finals. Under any other scenario Djokovic will rise to No. 1 for the first time in his career.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Play.aspx

#720 30-06-2011 11:41:56

Serenity

User

NADAL RECEIVES TWO ESPY NOMINATIONS

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal will look to become the first tennis player to win the ESPY for Best Male Athlete, nominated for the award alongside Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson.

The Spaniard, who claimed his 10th Grand Slam title last month at Roland Garros, also joins Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer as nominees for Best Male Tennis Player. Federer has dominated this category in recent years, winning it six straight times.

Fans can cast their votes online through 9 July, and winners will be revealed during the awards show hosted by Saturday Night Live's Seth Meyers on 13 July in Los Angeles.

Last year, John Isner and Nicolas Mahut won the ESPY Award for Best Record-Breaking Performance following their marathon match at Wimbledon.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … tions.aspx

Stopka forum

RSS