mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#41 14-12-2010 20:49:32

jaccol55

Administrator

Re: Sam Querrey

The Last Word: ATP No. 18, Sam Querrey

http://www.tennis.com/articles/articlefiles/9266-201011090537202251223-p2@stats_com.jpg
Querrey won titles on three different surfaces in 2010.

Best of 2010

The Californian’s most impressive victory came in his home state when he beat Andy Murray in the Los Angeles final. After losing the first set 7-5, Querrey won a second-set tiebreaker and then the match for his fourth title of 2010.

Worst of 2010

Coming into 2010 with high expectations, Querrey couldn’t have got off to a rockier start. He dropped his first match to James Blake in Brisbane, then lost his next two to sub-Top 50 opponents (No. 52 Evgeny Korolev and No. 107 Rainer Schuettler).

Year in Review

Querrey had a very productive season, winning four titles and reaching a career-high ranking of No. 18. Though none of those titles were necessarily career-changers (three 250’s and a 500 in Memphis), they demonstrated a high level of consistency and mental strength. But aside from his win over Murray, Querrey beat just one other Top 10 player—then-No. 7 Andy Roddick, in Memphis. He somehow managed to avoid Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Tomas Berdych and Robin Soderling in his 27 tournaments this season. Still, Querrey further established himself as a lethal server who can dictate a match with his powerful forehand. When he’s playing his best, Querrey has the ability to overwhelm anyone on the other side of the net.

See for Yourself

Querrey’s three-set win over Murray provided a glimpse of how successful he can be:

The Last Word

Querrey avoided most of the big boys this year, but he’ll have to beat them if he’s to make a serious run at the Top 10. Luckily for his fans, the Bay Area product has the game to defeat them. If he can, expect a breakout season in 2011.

—Brad Kallet

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … 6&zoneid=9

#42 24-12-2010 20:21:51

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 18
Turnieje: 4 (Memphis, Belgrad, Queens, LA)
Finały: 1 (Houston)
Mecze: 39-24
Zarobki: $1,252,096

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#43 26-12-2010 13:34:45

Davioz

User

Plany startowe na pierwszą połowę sezonu:
January 11th Medibank International Sydney, AUS
January 17th Australian Open Melbourne, AUS
February 07th SAP Open San Jose, USA
February 14th Regions Morgan Keegan Championships Memphis, USA
February 28th Davis Cup
March 07th BNP Paribas Open Indian Wells, USA
March 21st Sony Ericsson Open Key Biscayne, USA
April 04th Us Men's Claycourt Houston, USA
April 11th Monte Carlo Rolex Masters Monte Carlo
April 18th Barcelona Open Barcelona, ESP
May 02nd Mutua Madrilena Open Madrid, ESP
May 09th Internazionali BNL d'Italia Rome, ITA
May 23rd Roland Garros Paris, FRA
June 20th Wimbledon London, GBR

#44 26-12-2010 18:27:43

metjuAR

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rod

Nie bronimy tytułu w Queens?

Ostatnio edytowany przez metjuAR (26-12-2010 18:27:57)

249,5 km/h
30 singles titles
2007 Davis Cup

#45 25-02-2011 19:48:53

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Szlachetny gest Querreya w stylu Tłoczyńskiego i Piątka

Przyznać rację rywalowi po krzywdzącej dla tamtego decyzji sędziowskiej - rzecz w zawodowym sporcie wyjątkowa. Sam Querrey oddał punkt Ryanowi Sweetingowi, któremu przy meczbolu zasygnalizowano z opóźnieniem muśnięcie piłki o taśmę.W meczu II rundy turnieju ATP World Tour w Delray Beach Sweeting, wielka nadzieja amerykańskiego tenisa, serwował przy 7:6, 5:4. Querrey nie sięgnął podania przy meczbolu, a młodzian ciesząc się z wygranej pobiegł do siatki. Okazało się jednak, że sędzia Magdi Somat zamiast "gem, sem, mecz" wypowiedział formułkę "let, first serve".

Punktu panowie jednak nie powtarzali, bowiem Sweetinga w jego pretensji do arbitra poparł Querrey, który po spotkaniu tłumaczył się ze swojej decyzji: - Słyszałem let, ale to był piękny serwis. Wcześniej to ja byłem trzy razy faworyzowany, więc dobrze się stało. Ryan to mój przyjaciel. Przyjaciel zapowiedział zaproszenie na obiad: - To minimum! - przyznał Sweeting, który w ćwierćfinale spotka się w piątek z Kei Nishikorim.

Tak oto widzimy, że w tenisie, sporcie dla dam i dżentelmenów (przed I wojną światową zabronione były dropszoty, nie mówiąc o innych zagraniach ofensywnych), sporcie królewskim (Jadwiga Jędrzejowska występowała w mikście z władcą Szwecji Gustawem V, popularnym Mister G), ostały się przejawy szlachetnej postawy zawodników, ratujących sytuację po błędach sędziowskich.

W historii polskiego tenisa jako dżentelmeni zapisali się przede wszystkim Józef Piątek i Ignacy Tłoczyński. Ten pierwszy wsławił się epizodem w meczu przeciw Węgrowi Jancsó podczas międzynarodowych mistrzostw Rumunii w 1955 roku, kiedy po wygraniu dwóch setów i prowadzeniu w trzecim sędzia pomylił się na niekorzyść serwującego rywala, który znalazł się w sytuacji 15-40. Piątek w relacji trenera Zbigniewa Bełdowskiego oddał wtedy Jancsó dwie kolejne piłki, po czym otrzymał owację od wzruszonej publiczności.

autor: Krzysztof Straszak

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ … -i-piatka/

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#46 24-05-2011 21:54:06

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 000d6.html

#47 08-06-2011 16:43:30

jaccol55

Administrator

QUERREY ANSWERS ATP WORLD TOUR FACEBOOK FANS' QUESTIONS

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/C035CFFDF6094F628294FDF1201910DA.ashx
Sam Querrey answered questions from
ATP World Tour Facebook fans.

During lunch at the AEGON Championships on Wednesday, defending champion Sam Querrey answered questions from Facebook fans. The American meets British wild card James Ward in the third round on Thursday.

Do you find your mentality on the court different when you're playing a fellow American player than a foreign player?
- Nick Leone
Sometimes it is tough to play an American, who is your buddy. You maybe won't fist pump or show how much you want to win like you perhaps would against another guy.

Who do you least like to face, and what separates them from other rivals?
- Randeep Uppal
For me, it is Djokovic right now. He has every shot in the book, he makes you work hard for every point. He is on top of his game right now.

Do you believe you can make it into the Top 10? What do you need to improve to get to that level?
- Shawn Kaushal
I think I can get into the Top 10 if I keep working hard and work on my return, second serves and put together a run of matches.

How are you enjoy playing doubles with John Isner?
- Lavanya Venkatragavan
I love playing with John. It is fun playing together with a friend. We play well together. I'm not sure what tournaments we'll play coming up, but definitely a few on the US swing.

What do you think is holding back Donald Young from being Top 50?
- Fernando Valenzuela and Conner Tieszen
Donald is really talented. He has a lot of natural touch and ability. I think he works hard and becomes quicker, faster and stronger there is no reason why he can't be Top 50.

How do you assess the state of American men's tennis right now?
- asked by many fans
It's pretty good. We have Roddick, Fish, Isner, myself. We've all done well the past year or so. Yes, no one has won a Grand Slam singles for a few years, but I think American men's tennis is good right now. Of course, the Bryans are top doubles players too.

Do you have any rituals to prepare for a match?
- Dino Cujic
I don't do anything particular. I just hang out in the locker room and relax.

What goes through your mind during a match?
- Kristin Young
You just try to take a match one point at a time. You always try and focus, be positive and remember the things you have worked on in practice. It is always the same whether I am winning or losing.

What tournament would you like to win the most and why?
- Federico Reif
I'd like to win the US Open. As an American it's my favourite tournament I wanted to win growing up. The crowd is behind you and always supports you.

Who were your tennis idols? When did you fall in love with the sport?
- La Wanda Watts and Talar Dar
Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi were my idols growing up. I fell in love with the sport when I was 10 and went to a U.S. Davis Cup match.

The Farmers Classic in Los Angeles are excited to have you back to defend your titles. But they ask, do you know how many players have won the LA title three years in a row? Bonus - can you name them?

Erm, I've no idea. Tell me... [Editor: Fred Perry 1932-34 and Don Budge 1935-37]

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … swers.aspx

#48 15-06-2011 19:28:34

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Querrey ruled out of Wimbledon

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110615/25/f4e16e1e43e364e1cbb96099ac41809a.jpg
American Sam Querrey has withdrawn from Wimbledon with an arm injury.

The big-serving Californian complained of arm pain at Queen's Club last week where he was surprisingly beaten by British wildcard James Ward. Querrey, ranked 40 in the world, won the Queen's tournament last year and went on to reach the fourth round at Wimbledon where he lost to Britain's Andy Murray.

The American number three's place in the draw will go to a lucky loser from the qualifying tournament.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/15062011/58/ … ledon.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

Stopka forum

RSS