Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#421 19-06-2011 23:25:38

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Re: Andy Murray

Wimbledon - Mourinho inspires Murray for Wimbledon

Andy Murray will draw special inspiration from Special One Jose Mourinho as he seeks to become the first home winner of the men's singles at Wimbledon for 75 years.

Murray, who has a reputation for sullen and erratic behaviour on court, said a chance meeting with the Real Madrid boss last summer has helped him deal with the stress of being one of the world's top tennis players.

"I spoke to Jose Mourinho when I met him last summer in LA," Murray is quoted in the News of the World.

"He said, 'Just enjoy it because it is always going to be there. Get on with it and have fun'.

"That is what I am like as a person but before I was keeping a lot of things bottled up. I was thinking too much or being stressed on the court.

"Now I feel more comfortable. The best way is to try to be yourself and it comes across more naturally than trying to be something different."

Murray, 24, has also spoken with British WBA world heavyweight champion David Haye, who fights Wladimir Klitschko in a unification bout on the weekend of the Wimbledon final.

Haye came under fire ahead of his defence against Audley Harrison for using an offensive sexual metaphor to describe how one-sided he expected the fight to be.

"Speaking to somebody like David Haye was good because boxers say stuff that is just outrageous," Murray continued.

"It gets them in a lot of trouble and people don't like them for it but they don't really care.

"They are doing it just to get under the skin or wind up their opponent. If their opponent is just hitting them and not thinking about tactics, they will make mistakes."

The fourth-seeded Scot begins his campaign against Daniel Gimeno-Traver on Monday - and said he finds playing at SW19 easier than many other tournaments.

He added: "The build-up is different but, once the tournament starts, it isn't. I've always had really good support and it makes a big difference.

"It's nice being able to go back home and watch the same TV that you always watch and stay in your own bed.

"It's way more relaxing in many ways than a lot of the other tournaments."

Murray has reached the final of both the US and Australian Opens, but failed to win a set in either.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/19062011/58/ … ledon.html

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#422 23-06-2011 00:20:44

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Murray Advances With Win Over Kamke

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/BAA475DA371D464EA6A93436B9249F98.ashx
Andy Murray faced just one
break point in his win against
Tobias Kamke Wednesday.

World No. 4 Andy Murray continued his 2011 grass-court form Wednesday at the All England Club, defeating Tobias Kamke 6-3, 6-3, 7-5 in the second round of the 125th Wimbledon Championships.

The recent AEGON Championships titlist was confident on serve, winning 74 per cent of his service points while only facing one break point to take the pair’s first meeting. "I served well, especially when I was behind in games," Murray said after his win.

"It was quite windy on the court which made it tricky, and I thought he hit the ball very well from the back of the court.  I could have returned a little bit better. But straight sets, so I've got to be pleased with that... [I've got to improve for the next match."

In the third round, the two-time Wimbledon semi-finalist will square off against Ivan Ljubicic, a 6-4, 6-4, 6-2 winner over Sergiy Stakhovsky. The two are tied at 3-3 in their head-to-head series. "He serves well. That always makes it difficult," said Murray. "I have to make sure I return well, which I did very well at Queen's. I'll need to do the same thing again on Friday."

Simone Bolelli ousted 14th-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka in a second-round encounter, taking the match 7-6(5), 6-3, 7-6(4).

The unseeded Italian had lost his two previous matches to the Swiss, both coming on hard courts, but reversed his fortunes Wednesday with steady play at the net, winning 24 of 30 points when he came forward.

Bolleli is looking to reach the round of 16 at a Grand Slam event for the first time, and can achieve the result should he defeat No. 17 seed Richard Gasquet in the third round.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Kamke.aspx

#423 24-06-2011 18:46:00

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

A. Murray bt T. Kamke 6 3, 6 3, 7 5

Q. The expectations here are massive for you to win. You said you don't let that pressure you in any way. Do you have any way of blocking it out, by not reading newspapers or just focusing on other things?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, just try and do normal things, don't get caught up in, you know, watching too much of the TV or reading too much of what's going on the in press.

But you also have to go about your days as you would normally. If you start doing different things, it might throw you off. So I do most of the same things I always do. It's not like if there's a newspaper there, I don't try and you know, it's not like I won't read it. I'll have a flick through. I don't actively go out and put the TV on just to listen to myself or listen to people talking about me, so...

But if it's on, I'll watch.

Q. How do you think you played?

ANDY MURRAY: I didn't think I played that well, but I didn't get broken. I served well, especially when I was behind in games. It was quite windy on the court which made it tricky, and I thought he hit the ball very well from the back of the court. Could have returned a little bit better.

But straight sets, so I've got to be pleased with that. But got to improve for the next match.

Q. Is there a slight contradiction on your serve at the moment, in that you said you served well, but you're serving at 54%? Is it that your second serve is better or the position of the ball is better?

ANDY MURRAY: 54% isn't relevant if you're winning 90% of the first serve points. If I wanted to, I could serve 90% of the first serves if I just rolled them in, but you wouldn't win as high a percentage. You have to use it as a weapon. Today, like I said, because it was quite windy, it was difficult.

But if you look at the percentage of serves when I was breakpoint down or behind in games, I definitely upped that. I focused a bit more on it and put in a higher percentage. In the first round I served well, up into the high 60%, I think. That's good.

Conditions were different today, and I felt like I served very well. If you don't get broken, you can't be disappointed with the way you served. It was more the rest of my game that needs work.

Q. Do you wonder when you're in a match like that about how much energy you're expending? As you look to the tournament as a whole, obviously you don't hold back on what you put into it, but do you try and save some energy through the match?

ANDY MURRAY: No. Well, you want to try and win the match as comfortably as you can. When you get ahead, obviously I got up a couple of sets. It was a tight third set, so it was nice to win that third set because obviously you get off a little bit earlier, you get a bit longer to recover.

You never know what might happen with the guys you play against. They might have to play an extra day or they finish later, so it's all just a nice little extra if you can get off the court as quickly as possible.

But when you're out there, you're not worrying about that. You're just trying to get the job done and win.

Q. A bit was made about you playing on Court 1. Does it bother you?

ANDY MURRAY: No, it doesn't bother me. I think all of the players would rather be on Centre because of the roof because you know you're going to get on, but the court's still the same. You know, it's a little bit different in terms of, like, how it looks, because now with the roof it feels very enclosed; whereas Court 1 seems quite open, like Centre Court used to. So that's slightly different.

But I don't mind playing on any court, Centre, Court 1, Court 6, I don't care. I just want to try and win.

Q. One of the commentators was saying that you were drug tested at 7:00 a.m. last week. Is that true?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah.

Q. 7:00 a.m. in the morning they came to your house?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah.

Q. What did you think about that?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I give one in the hour in the day when they can come to test me. Every single day of the year, you give one hour, and I choose 7:00 in the morning because I know I'm going to be in bed and I know I'm not going to miss. If you miss three tests, that counts as a fail.

So at 2:00 I have no idea of where I'm going to be, and when I wake up in the morning, the last thing I think about is where I need to be for a drug test or be on time for a drug test. If you put 7:00 or 8:00 at night, you might go out, do something, go out for dinner.

All of the players that I know put first thing in the morning so they're going to be in bed. Also if you put 10:00 at night when you know you're going to be at home, you know, you're not thinking about it, so if you go to the toilet after dinner or just beforehand, you end up having to wait for an hour to go once they arrive.

So it's best just to do it first thing in the morning, because I normally need the toilet then as well (smiling).

Q. Would you be happy to see Scottish players in this British Olympic team, the football team, that's been talked about?

ANDY MURRAY: I don't want to get into any of that political stuff. I've been involved in the Olympics, played under Great Britain, and it was an unbelievable experience. I loved it. It's not for me to decide. It's up to the Federations, that they can decide.

Certainly not getting drawn into any political stuff around this time of year, because we know what happens with that (smiling).

Q. Are there any other benefits to playing at home, apart from the support from the crowd?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, loads. You get to go home in the evening, sleep in my own bed, be around my friends and family, which isn't normal. Yeah, that's it. That and obviously home support always helps.

Q. You said you watched Scream last night to relax. Do you normally watch horror films to relax?

ANDY MURRAY: I wasn't watching it to relax. You normally pick the one thing that will stop you thinking about tennis. Scream did a pretty good job of that.

Q. As you progress in the competition, do you find the pressure increasing?

ANDY MURRAY: It's a bit different. The pressure is nicer in some ways once you manage to get through a round or two. Now, you know, you're not necessarily expected to win the matches easily or whatever. The matches are going to get very tough.

I play Ljubicic now. You know, I've lost to him a few times. A tough player. So I expect that to be a difficult match. Hopefully raise my game for that one.

Q. Is it quite nice you're not the only Brit left in Wimbledon? Different to last year. How pleased are you for Laura and Elena?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, it's good. Any time any British players win, it's a good thing. It doesn't change my mentality or the way I go into my matches. You know, if I'm looking at it in terms of British tennis, it's great. I think that's Laura's first win at Wimbledon.

She struggled a little bit this year with some injuries, so that will be a big win for her, a good confidence boost.

Elena's, you know, done well the last few years. She's established herself in the top 100, and she deserves to be here. So it's good.

Q. Have you picked a film to relax to before your next match?

ANDY MURRAY: No, not yet. I'll see whatever is on Sky Movies. I mean, the movies on Sky aren't great, I don't think. There's about 20 movie channels, and you're normally struggling to find a good one. Wait and see tomorrow what they've got.

Actually, I did hear yesterday at the end of Scream they have Scream II on tonight and Scream III on on Thursday. Maybe I'll watch one of them.

Q. Do you think Wimbledon should keep the big television screen on Murray Mount when it rains?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I think they should keep it on if they can. I heard it was something to do with health and safety. That's the most important thing.

If they can get it on, I'm sure everyone would rather they had it.

Q. What makes Ljubicic so dangerous, so difficult to play?

ANDY MURRAY: He serves well. That always makes it difficult. His best results are on grass, which is surprising for someone that serves like him. Yeah, so that obviously makes it tricky.

Obviously, when you play against Roddick, sometimes you feel like once you get into rallies you know you can control him and dictate. But, you know, they can take some chances on your serve if they're holding comfortably. That can put a bit of pressure on you.

So I have to make sure I return well, which I did very well at Queen's. I'll need to do the same thing again on Friday.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 31750.html

#424 26-06-2011 11:24:31

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

A. Murray bt. I. Ljubicic 6-4, 4-6, 6-1, 7-6

Q. How you feeling?

ANDY MURRAY: I feel good, yeah. Feel good.

Q. Tougher than you expected?

ANDY MURRAY: No, not at all. I thought it was an excellent match. I thought both of us played very well. I thought it was very high standard. Played one bad game, well, the first game of the second set was a bad game. Apart from that, I thought it was a very high standard.

Both of us played well. A lot of good rallies. I felt like I hit the ball from the back of the court way better than the last match. I thought Ljubicic played very well, too.

Q. Did you slightly turn off at the start of the second set?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, no. I played a bad game. That happens sometimes. You do play bad games. I was disappointed with that game. Both of us were struggling a bit behind our second serves. Very heavy conditions.

I think, you know, I probably won about 40, 45% of my second serve points, and he won 35 to 40%. We were both just the ball was sitting up nicely on the second serve for both of us. He was going for huge returns. That was obviously his game plan, and he returned well off the second serve.

But, uhm, yeah, I didn't serve particularly well the beginning of the second set.

Q. You said you'd give us a hot dog shot here at Wimbledon when you were at Queen's and you did.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I did. You know, doesn't happen that often when you get yourself in that sort of position. I went for it and made it. I'm sure at some point I'm going to miss one and look silly.

Q. Got a name for it?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, no. I've never really seen anyone do it before. So I don't know. Don't know what it's called. I'd never done it either in any matches or anything until Queen's.

Q. Was this better than the last one?

ANDY MURRAY: Different. They're different, because this time Ljubicic was sort of at the net. I don't know. I don't know. They were both good.

But I don't know which one was better, because the shot tonight, his ball was coming it was maybe an easier height to do it off; whereas Tsonga's one was coming a bit higher and I got a better angle on it. They were both good.

Q. You felt you didn't have any option but to play that shot?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I mean, it's like when someone goes for a through the leg shot. You always can try to do other things. You just kind of do what's most comfortable or what you feel. It's like sometimes you're taught how to move a certain way, but when you actually get on the court, you tend to move whatever is the most efficient way.

Like, you know, some guys feel like going for the through the leg shot is the easiest shot for them at that time. I very rarely try a through the leg shot the other way. I always try to put up a lob.

But, yeah, for that shot, if the ball is sort of coming towards you and you've got a chance to do it, yeah, I just went for it. I mean, I'm sure I could have played a different shot.

Q. Laura and Elena lost today. You're the last Brit sort of standing yet again. I guess you're used to that?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah. Yeah, I'm used to it. It's been like that the last few years.

Q. Did you see any of Laura's match today?

ANDY MURRAY: I actually saw a little bit of the end of the first set. I was warming up for my match when she started. But I heard she played well.

Q. Very encouraging to push somebody like Sharapova on a big court like that.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, it's good. That's a good sign that she's able to do it. But, you know, to get to that level, you need to do it at the challengers and at the smaller events and get your ranking up that way. So that's what the challenge is for her and for James Ward, you know, to get up and play in these tournaments all the time.

You know, they can play at this level clearly, by Laura's result today and the way she played, the way James played at Queen's. You know, they need to sort of carry on and maintain that level when they're playing when there's no one watching when you're playing the futures and the challengers. That's the best way to get up in the rankings.

Q. Does it feel slightly strange that three matches in you haven't actually played on Centre Court with the roof open?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, it is different. The conditions are, you know, obviously different. That's why the next couple days' practice will be more to make sure I get some hitting outdoors. The serving and stuff is very different when you're sort of under a roof.

So, yeah, I need to make sure the next couple days' practice I get enough time on the court, and I'll play some points probably on Sunday.

Q. How big a bonus is that, to have two days before you play on Monday? You're the only one of the top four already through to the second week. Rafa has to come back again tomorrow.

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I mean, I don't know. I don't know how much of an advantage it is. Most of the time on the grass, the matches aren't too physical, you know. So one day off is normally good.

But have to wait and see if it's an advantage or not. But, uhm, you know, the next couple days, like I say, it's important to keep the intensity up, make sure you keep focused, do all the right things the next couple of days, because we're used to sort of getting into our routines of playing one day, day off the next. Obviously now I've got a couple days. I need to make sure I do the right things.

Q. Gasquet, how do you see that?

ANDY MURRAY: Tough match. He's won all his matches pretty comfortably so far. He plays very well on grass. He's comfortable on the surface. It's going to be tough.

Q. Where does that match you played against him three years ago rank in your sort of great matches?

ANDY MURRAY: It was up there in terms of just for the way I came back and I was pretty much, yeah, out of the match. I think he served for the match at 5 4 in the third set, up two sets to nothing.

Same thing at the French Open actually a couple years ago. It's good to have in the back of my mind when I go in against him in a match like this. Even if I go behind, I can come back against him.

You know, that will be, I think for him, a tough thing. It's happened twice in big matches against me. So, uhm, I expect it to be a very difficult match. But the one that I played with him here was one of the most memorable for me. It was a long time ago now, though.

Q. (Question regarding the relationship with the crowd.)

ANDY MURRAY: It was the first match where I really, yeah, had to come back from a big deficit. There are matches that I think the crowd and, you know, people tend to remember here. There's been a lot of them obviously over the years.

Tim played a lot of long sort of five set matches. That was really the first one when I was sort of coming through and playing on Centre Court, getting the chance to sort of get comfortable on that court.

That was probably the first one that really was, yeah, a big comeback from me. I think there was a lot of sort of interaction with the crowd. They really got behind me. It makes a big difference.

Q. Is Gasquet somebody that you maybe would have expected to have done better at the slams?

ANDY MURRAY: No. I mean, for me, knowing how difficult it is, you don't expect anyone to do anything. You know, guys like him, he's obviously very, very talented. He's an excellent player.

On his day, he can play great tennis. But the consistency is something that's been difficult for a lot of players. I've had problems with it the last couple of years at certain tournaments, certain periods of the year.

You can't really take anything for granted just because he has really nice strokes and he's very talented. You've got to have more than that to get the whole way deep into Grand Slams on a regular basis. It's a very tough thing to do.

Q. But clearly somebody who has got the talent to go all the way?

ANDY MURRAY: He's a very talented player, yeah. I played him many times. I grew up playing with him. He was always one of the best juniors growing up. He's been in the top 10 in the world before. He's beaten Federer a few months ago in Rome. He's given guys a lot of problems in the past.

Like I said, two times I played him in slams, I was down two sets and a break both times. He's a tough guy.

Q. How pleased were you today with the way you reacted to the difficulties that the match presented?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, I think I did a good job of keeping my energy high for most of the match. Third set was very good. Went away and had a toilet break between sets, thought about what I was going to do.

Got up early in the third set. Played a very good third set. Obviously when I served for the match and didn't get it, you know, I think I did well in the tiebreak to stay focused and come through the fourth set. Because it's always tough when you serve for matches, and then to finish the match off after that is difficult, so I think I did well.

Q. If you get through on Monday and López keeps winning, I'm curious who you think your mum might be supporting if you meet Deliciano?

ANDY MURRAY: I think it's about time she stopped with that nonsense. Makes me want to throw up. It's disgusting. Yeah, it's disgusting.

I was practising with him before the tournament. It's quite funny because she'd been writing about it on, you know, Twitter like all the time. And I was practising with him before the tournament and my mom was on the side.

I said, when we were warming up, I shouted across the net, I said, Feli, if we sit down for a drink, if you could take a picture with my mom, because she thinks you're beautiful.

She went bright red. I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it. Refused to take the picture. Quite funny. Not like her.

Yeah, I hope she'll still be supporting me.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 14333.html

#425 27-06-2011 19:48:39

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Murray Lifts His Game To Dismiss Gasquet

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/64326351CD1E49C1A27C5ABA2FBBA8BA.ashx
Andy Murray will contest the
Wimbledon quarter-finals for
the fourth time.

Under the watchful eyes of His Royal Highness The Duke and Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge, home favourite Andy Murray advanced to the Wimbledon quarter-finals for the fourth year in a row as he dismissed Richard Gasquet 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2.

World No. 4 Murray hit 44 winners and broke serve three times to defeat Gasquet in just over two hours, avoiding a repeat of the five-set marathon they contested at the All England Club in 2008, when Murray won from two sets down.

"[The tie-break] was very important," said Gasquet. "The first set we played almost one hour. I had some opportunities to win the first set, but he served very well, especially in the second set. I tried to keep my serve, but he played well."

The 24-year-old Murray is on an eight-match winning streak, having won the AEGON Championships title in the lead-up to Wimbledon. The Scot is bidding to become the first British male singles winner at The Championships since Fred Perry triumphed in 1936. He has lost out in three major finals, most recently against Novak Djokovic at the Australian Open in January.

For a place in his third consecutive semi-final at Wimbledon, Murray will face either Poland’s Lukasz Kubot or Spain’s Feliciano Lopez.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … o-QFs.aspx

#426 29-06-2011 15:39:56

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 4 rundzie

A. Murray bt. R. Gasquet 7 6, 6 3, 6 2

Q. In previous matches obviously it seemed much tougher. Today you were very assertive. Looked pretty straightforward in the end.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, the second and third sets were much better. First set I returned poorly, so I wasn't able to get into any of his service games at all. I definitely didn't get to deuce. I had no breakpoints in the first set, but managed to string a few good points together in the tiebreak. I served well throughout, which helped.

But, yeah, first set was tough 'cause I hardly made a return in the court.

Q. Were you struggling to get a read on it at the start?

ANDY MURRAY: No, it wasn't that. I was reading it fine. I just was making bad contact with the ball. Puts a lot of slice on his serve. It was very different conditions also today. It was very quick compared with a couple days ago under the roof.

So it took a while to get used to that, too.

Q. How did you find the heat out there?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, it was hot. I mean, we haven't played I do a lot of training in Miami to try to get used to it. The last few months pretty much all of the tournaments, the French Open wasn't particularly hot, and obviously the last few weeks here has been cold, too. So it was definitely a bit of a shock.

Q. After three matches, what's pleasing you most about your game and what's pleasing you the least about your game?

ANDY MURRAY: Serving well. As I say, there's not been anything I've been really unhappy with. Today, like I said, I didn't return well the first set. Uhm, but serve's been good. I haven't got broken too many times.

Return is normally one of the stronger parts of my game. If I can keep returning well, keep serving like I have been, I give myself a chance in a lot of matches.

Q. The third set, the way you played, that's what you need to go all the way?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, you need to hold on to your own serve on grass when the conditions were playing like they were today, when it's quick. I've been told it's meant to be hopefully warming up a bit.

But you need to serve very well. The court gets quicker, too, the more it's played on, so serve becomes more important as the two weeks go on.

But, yeah, I need to play my best tennis if I want to win.

Q. What was it like playing in front of the Royal couple? Do you feel any extra pressure when you have such high profile guests in the crowd?

ANDY MURRAY: No, you don't. You have to try and, you know, focus on what your job is. That's trying to get the job done on the court. You can enjoy it afterwards.

I didn't know they were coming. I wasn't told. So as I was walking to the court I don't know if he's, someone from the Evening Standard told me. Is he here? Yeah, he told me that Kate and Pippa were coming. I didn't know if it was true, because no one else had heard anything. Yeah, obviously I saw them when I went out.

Yeah, it's obviously great to get the chance to play in front of them. But when you're playing the match you're not focusing on that.

Q. You had the wherewithal to make a bow.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah. Well, I was obviously very happy after the match. I think that was the right thing to do.

Q. It came across as very funny. William and Kate laughed; you smiled. It was an amusing thing. Was it something you planned before?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I hadn't planned on doing it before. When the queen came to our match last year we were told she was coming and that we would bow when we went on and off the court.

But today we weren't told anything, so it was just, yeah, sort of off the cuff. Yeah, didn't think too much about it. If it was funny, that's fine, but I wasn't intending it to be funny.

Q. Did you get to meet them afterwards?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I did. If I'd known they were coming, I would have shaved (smiling). I was thinking to myself as I came off I was sweaty and very hairy. I said to them, I'm sorry, I'm a bit sweaty. But, yeah, it was really nice.

Like for me those things are always quite difficult because there's a lot of people around, so it's not the most natural way to be introduced to people.

But it was very nice to get to meet them.

Q. What did they say to you?

ANDY MURRAY: Just, Well done on the match. Asked me how it was out there. That was it. Wasn't a long conversation.

Q. Any superstition behind your not shaving?

ANDY MURRAY: No, not at all. No. I might shave tonight.

Q. Do you have any actual superstitions that you do before a match?

ANDY MURRAY: No. I used to be more. No, I don't. The problem with having superstitions is, you know, you become very sort of attached to them. Then, you know, if you always go in the same shower and then you finish your practice and you go to have a shower and someone's in it, you're not obviously going to jump in there. Well, you could, but I choose not to. (Smiling.)

So, yeah, I try not to have any superstitions.

Q. You used to?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I didn't. I think Tim said he used to always go in the same shower. A few people said to me, Maybe he should have changed when he got to the semifinals (smiling). Just meant to be a joke.

But, yeah, I try not to have any superstitions. When I'm on the court I sometimes have my bottle, my water bottle, facing the way that I'm like sort of going. It was more to remind myself how much I've drunk rather than anything else.

But, yeah, don't have too many superstitions.

Q. Given the unreliability of Royal arrivals here, do you think you should shave every match just in case they turn up?

ANDY MURRAY: Uhm, yeah, I've been told to shave by a few people the last five or six days, and I just haven't got round to it. It's at the length now where it actually hurts a little bit, so I always put it off a wee bit till I have a bit of time.

Q. Until you're brave enough?

ANDY MURRAY: It hurts around here. My hair is starting to get more manly now. It hurts a little bit. (Smiling.)

Q. Is that a cry for a Gillette sponsorship deal?

ANDY MURRAY: Maybe, yeah. The thing is, I wouldn't have the discipline. I think all the Gillette athletes have to shave every day. I think they have to be clean shaven. I probably wouldn't be able to keep that up.

Q. If you have to play Deliciano next, do you think your mum would be barred from the box?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I don't know what the score is. I think it was two sets to one. I'm not sure if he's going to come through. Looks like a tough one.

Q. What do you have to do to win the tournament in terms of improving your game from here now?

ANDY MURRAY: You just need to keep improving each match. I think the match in the third round, for me, was a really good test. It was a tough match. I thought both of us played well. You just need to just keep improving a little bit each round. It all comes down to taking your chances when you play against the best players.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 78961.html

#427 01-07-2011 11:15:41

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w ćwierćfinale

A. Murray bt. F. Lopez 6 3, 6 4, 6 4

Q. For a quarter-final, couldn't have gotten any better, could it?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, it was good. I got off to a good start in all of the sets. That helps against someone like Feli because he serves well. Normally against the big servers, they like to put pressure on you towards the end of the set.

But because I got ahead early in all of them, I was able to dictate the points from the back of the court and played a good match.

Q. There were four teenagers who were so keen on seeing you play, they waited in queue for three days. What do you make of that?

ANDY MURRAY: It's amazing. I mean, most years here there's so many sort of stories like that. It's great. The tickets here are very difficult to get, especially for the big courts. Yeah, it's dedication, isn't it, to stay around that long to wait for a ticket.

Yeah, it's obviously great that they managed to get in.

Q. Your injury in the third set, what did you do? Do you know more about it in the last hour?

ANDY MURRAY: No, it's just sort of a change of direction thing. Little bit sore at the top of my hip, my hip flexor. It was a little bit sore after that, but I was still moving okay, you know. Have a better idea of how it is in the morning.

Q. Out of the four semi-finalists you were the only one who didn't lose a set. Are you surprised about what happened in the other matches, especially Federer's defeat?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, yeah, I mean, obviously, you know, I was following the match after Federer, so I was sort of following it a little bit on the TV. It's a surprise for him to lose from two sets to love.

I think Tsonga's an excellent player. When he plays well, he's very, very difficult to beat, especially on this surface. Not necessarily surprised that he lost the match. But having watched quite a bit of it, to come back from two sets to love is a very difficult thing to do. Against Roger at Wimbledon, it's even tougher.

But he served really well and took the game away from Roger. He just served great.

Q. When you look at playing Rafa on Friday, what do you think has changed from a year ago that gives you hope that you can improve on what you did last year against him?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I believe I can win against him. I had chances last year. I was up a break in the third set; had breakpoint on my serve in the second set. I think there was only one break in the first set. We both played good tennis.

But, you know, I just have to have a better game plan. Sometimes it comes down to strategy. Sometimes it comes down to having more experience. Yeah, just have to go out there and play well and serve well and believe and I'll have a chance.

Q. You've kept the beard after saying you weren't superstitious on Monday. Do you think we'll see it on Friday?

ANDY MURRAY: I'm not thinking about it at all. It's not something that keeps me up at night, or when I wake up in the morning I'm not really that fussed about it.

Q. It was painful on Monday, though.

ANDY MURRAY: Painful?

Q. Yes. You said it got to that stage.

ANDY MURRAY: No, it gets to a length where it's sore to shave it for me. So it would be sore for me to shave it. That's why I sort of put it off a little bit.

Q. So we could see it Friday?

ANDY MURRAY: I don't know. Yeah, there's a chance that I might still have some facial hair on Friday, yeah (smiling).

Q. Can you describe what it would mean to you as a British man to win Wimbledon if you got to that point?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what it would feel like. I don't know how I would feel. I don't know 'cause I haven't been there before, haven't done it.

So, you know, I know that it's something that I've thought a lot about, something that drives me to work hard and keep training hard. I'm glad I'm in a position to have a chance of doing it.

But, yeah, I don't know how it would feel. I can only answer that once it's happened.

Q. Did (indiscernible) enjoy the experience of watching you today?

ANDY MURRAY: I don't know. I didn't see him after the match, so I don't know if he did or not. I don't know.

Q. This is your third consecutive semi-final. Does it get easier to deal with, sort of the hype around it?

ANDY MURRAY: The hype is not something I don't know. That doesn't make a difference. It's more, you know, the task that's in front of you becomes something that you know, I've obviously played Rafa a lot of times at Grand Slams and I've beaten him before at Grand Slams.

I haven't done it at Wimbledon. That's something that I'd like to try to change on Friday. But it's still an incredibly difficult, difficult task. I understand that. I know come Friday I'll have to play great tennis if I want to win.

Q. Back in March, would you have backed yourself to win Queen's and be in the Wimbledon semi-final?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, maybe. You know, I was not in a great position mentally. But, you know, I was trying to say all along I didn't feel like I was in sort of a crisis. I needed to make some changes, needed to think about some things.

But as soon as Monte Carlo came round, I'd spent some time training, I'd made some changes, got my head in the right place, and my tennis wasn't that sort of far behind. It didn't take that long.

It's not like you lose your game overnight. It doesn't go away. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time to find it. I said the last couple of years that I'm trying to prepare for the slams as best I can. I'm trying to play my best tennis at the slams.

And, you know, a lot of people were saying to me like, Yeah, it's great that you're winning Masters Series, but when are you going to start performing better in the slams. Start playing better in the slams, don't play all the Masters Series, and all of a sudden I'm in a crisis.

You can't do everything all the time. It's very difficult to be consistent throughout the whole year. That's what separated, in terms of the ranking Rafa and Novak this year are going to be 1 and 2, because they've been consistent the whole year. That's something I need to improve on.

Q. If you had to pick a surface to play Nadal, which one would you pick? I guess not a clay court. Between grass and hard court. A few minutes ago Nadal said grass is his second favorite surface after clay with the results he's got.

ANDY MURRAY: Probably hard court, I would have said. I played well against him on hard courts in the past. Also indoors, I think. Indoor hard court would be a good surface to play him on.

Q. In that same press conference, Rafa disclosed a growing friendship between you two. You see each other a little bit more off the court. But he said that he consistently beats you at PlayStation. I was wondering what your thoughts on that are.

ANDY MURRAY: He actually isn't very good at PlayStation. His partner is very good. He plays with Juan Monaco, and Juan Monaco is very good. Rafa's not that good at PlayStation, but he plays with Juan Monaco. As a team, they play well (smiling).

But we were actually talking about it before we went out to play our matches today, because I was playing this putting game and I missed the putt. I blamed the putter, and he said, You always have an excuse on the PlayStation.

Because we always play with their rules. Like there's different camera views, and we play with one camera view and they play with a different one. But we always play with their one. They play with Inter Milan, and we're not allowed to play with Inter Milan even though they're the best team in the game. We have to play with a different team.

Once the game starts, you're not allowed to make substitutions. It's just all their rules. So when we lose, we're a little bit like, Yeah, we blame the rules that they have.

I did play them once with our camera view and we won, but that's the only time we got a chance to play them.

Q. Who is your partner?

ANDY MURRAY: I play with Danny, yeah.

Q. Do you think this is part of the way he messes with your mind?

ANDY MURRAY: I think it winds them up when we make excuses and blame other things rather than just saying that they were better than us. We think we're better and just blame it on other stuff.

But, yeah, come Friday, obviously all that stuff is irrelevant. Just need to put, you know, friendships and stuff to one side and play.

Q. Can't you play him at singles?

ANDY MURRAY: At PlayStation?

Q. Yes. Is that not possible?

ANDY MURRAY: It would be very comfortable for me, so they only play on a team. (Laughter.)

Q. You thrash him at PlayStation singles then?

ANDY MURRAY: We've never played. But I think I'm better, yup.

Q. Which players do you use on PlayStation tennis?

ANDY MURRAY: We don't play tennis. It's football.

Q. Just football?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah. We never play tennis. Just football, yeah.

Q. Will you look back at matches against Rafa tomorrow? And if so, which particular matches will you look back to see? Ones where you played particularly well?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I'll watch a little bit of matches I played against him. Also, like Danny will watch matches that Rafa's played here, 'cause obviously everyone makes changes from time to time.

I don't know exactly which ones. Probably make sense to watch some of the ones on grass and also some of the ones on the quicker surfaces 'cause that's, you know, what grass is, one of the fastest surfaces.

But I don't know which ones in particular.

Q. Obviously you've practiced with Feliciano López in the past. Any chance of you practicing with him?

ANDY MURRAY: No. I might hit with Daniel Nestor, who I practiced with the last couple of days. But I'm not sure if López will be leaving as soon as he can.

Q. Is there a person, place, or thing that you would queue for three days to see?

ANDY MURRAY: Good question. We were actually talking about this the other week.

Yeah, I mean, I'd probably for a big heavyweight boxing fight I'd probably queue for that. I don't know if I'd manage three days or not.

Q. Coming into this particular semifinal, mentally do you feel in as good a place as you've been with the way you're playing, the confidence you have, the way you're in control?

ANDY MURRAY: I feel good. I get asked that stuff all the time before the tournament. Are you feeling better than ever before?

You don't know. I feel good. I played well so far and I feel comfortable. But, you know, I don't expect to feel comfortable in the next match. I know I'm going to have to go through moments where I'm struggling, where Rafa hits some unbelievable shots, and have to come back from behind sometimes. You have to be prepared for all that stuff.

But I feel good.

Q. Obviously a bit of banter between Feli, your mom, and you. I wonder whether your mom was embarrassed by it or whether she thinks it's quite good fun.

ANDY MURRAY: I haven't spoken to her about it, but I was embarrassed by it. If you fancy not putting it in the papers tomorrow, I'd appreciate that (smiling).

Q. Did Jamie feel the same way?

ANDY MURRAY: I don't know. I actually haven't spoken to Jamie about it. I don't know.

Q. Your progress so far has been fairly straightforward. Would you prefer that going into a semi-final? Would you have preferred being tested in some longer matches?

ANDY MURRAY: I'd rather be fresh and ready mentally to play against Rafa. You know, it's not like I go into the match with Rafa, like I say, expecting an easy match or expecting to be comfortable.

I know how difficult it's going to be. I know what the task is. So I'll be ready for it.

But, uhm, it's going to be difficult.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 14589.html

#428 03-07-2011 11:05:46

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po porażce w półfinale

A. Murray def. by R. Nadal 7-5, 2-6, 2-6, 4-6

Q. A lot of the commentators are talking about that forehand that you missed in the fourth game of the second set as being the turning point. Is that how you see it in your mind?

ANDY MURRAY: Uhm, I mean, it was a big point. I was playing very high risk tennis for most of the match. I went for it today, and I started to make a few mistakes after that.

But it's not like yeah, I mean, you can't talk about a match that goes almost three hours being, you know, decided based on one point. Again, like I say, I was going for it. Against Rafa you have to go for big shots. I slightly overhit that one.

But, again, they would be the same ones that would have said a year ago that I would have been playing too defensively. Today I was going for all my shots, and I started to make some mistakes afterwards.

But, yeah, that point was one that I should have won for sure.

Q. Are you proud of what you've done over the last fortnight, Andy?

ANDY MURRAY: It's been a good tournament. I think it could have been better today. I wish I didn't make as many mistakes afterwards. But that's the thing. Sometimes I've come off the court and thought, Hmm, maybe I should have taken a few more chances.

Then today it's kind of the other way. I went for it and started making mistakes. It was good for a set and a little bit, then went the other way.

But the tournament as a whole has been good. I would have liked to have finished better.

Q. Looked like you moved back a little from the baseline after the first set.

ANDY MURRAY: I don't know. I was still going for my shots. I don't know if I did. Normally against Rafa or against any top player you can't dictate the whole match. The first set Rafa struggled a little bit on his backhand side.

Once he started hitting his backhand better, naturally I wasn't going to be able to play right next to the baseline like I was in the first set.

But you're going to have to go through periods in matches against the best players where you're having to do a bit of the running. I thought for the most part I was trying to dictate the play.

Q. Is this one harder to take because you were ahead?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I don't think so. They're all tough. But I don't think so. I mean, no, I don't think it is.

Q. A couple of times you clutched your hip, your stomach, grimaced. Did it play any part today? Were you feeling it at all?

ANDY MURRAY: My hip was sore like right at the beginning of the match. After I saw the physio, took like a painkiller, it was fine. I hardly felt my hip after that.

But, yeah, I mean, sometimes like on the grass and on a lot of surfaces, you know, once you play a lot of tennis on it, it gets quite sore in the knee. Rafa's I think had quite a few problems on the grass with his knees.

It's more sort of when you're stopping suddenly rather than sort of during the points. It's maybe when you're like a full on stretch, but it's nothing serious.

Q. Do you feel you threw it away today, Andy?

ANDY MURRAY: Threw it away? No, I don't think so.

Q. Can you put into words what makes it so difficult playing against Rafa, especially on grass, and the pressure you're constantly under?

ANDY MURRAY: Every time I play him I explain the same thing. It's tough. He makes a lot of balls. He's very good when he's behind. He's one of the best players ever, and a great athlete on top of that.

So, you know, even when he's not hitting the ball unbelievable from the middle of the court, he gets to a lot of balls, makes you play an extra ball all the time. And eventually today, like after the first set and a half, when I started making mistakes, he raised his game and started playing better and capitalized on it.

Q. What did you think of the crowd support?

ANDY MURRAY: I thought it was good. I mean, when you're in the middle of the match, you know, you hear it more sort of like at the end of a set or if you get a break of serve. You know, it's not like you're focusing on it sort of every single point.

So I'm probably not the best one to judge. But I thought it was good.

Q. Could you talk about what it's like to get so far on these big stages and just not be able to push it through to the end?

ANDY MURRAY: It's tough. It's tough. But, you know, I'm giving it my best shot each time. I'm trying my hardest. That's all you can do. So I don't know. It's a difficult question to answer. I can't explain exactly how I feel.

I'm disappointed. But normally, like after four or five days bar after Australia the last couple years I've recovered relatively quickly from losing because I'm just trying to get better.

I feel like I'm playing better tennis than I was last year at this point. I don't know. It's difficult.

Q. Do you ever cry?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I've done it before in front of probably most of the people in here in Australia. But not today.

Q. There's been a lot of chat from the Nadal camp about his injury problems. There was no evidence of that today. Mardy Fish didn't see any in the previous round. Did you think Nadal was injured?

ANDY MURRAY: Rafa doesn't feign injury. Everyone has problems this stage of the season because it's so like going from the French to the grass. And Rafa obviously in the last few months has played so many matches on the clay. I think he played the maximum amount of matches he could have played.

Yeah, probably rather than it being like a huge injury, he's going to be feeling pain because his body's tired, like everyone is. Yeah, sometimes it's worse than others.

I don't know. You have to ask him exactly how bad it is. I don't know.

Q. Tactically it was going great for you first set and a bit. Is there any other way you could have done it?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah. You can beat him by playing patient. When I've beaten him in the past I've beaten him at the US Open and the Australian Open I played a little bit more patient. You know, and today, yeah, I maybe got the balance a little bit wrong.

But, yeah, you need to try and find a way. Each time you play against one of the best players you need to play slightly differently each time because they're going to change their game against you. You have to make adjustments.

Q. Does it get easier or more difficult to handle, getting to this stage?

ANDY MURRAY: No idea. I don't know.

Q. You're saying you're going to take a few days, you generally can recover from something like this quite quickly. Can you explain what you'll do over the next coming days and what you can learn from today?

ANDY MURRAY: Work harder than I ever did before. Try and improve my game and get stronger. Be more professional. Yeah, try and learn from what happened today. Yeah, think about the things that I need to improve.

Yeah, that's all you can do. You've just got to work harder than you have done in the past to get better. It's a very tough era I think in tennis. Tennis right at the top of the game is exceptional.

So not only to get level with those guys, but to push past them, you need to work harder than them. That's what I need to try to do.

Q. Will you try to go to the fight tomorrow or will you just watch it on the box?

ANDY MURRAY: That's the last thing I was thinking about. I have no idea. I don't know.

Q. What one stroke do you think you could improve?

ANDY MURRAY: I don't know. It's a tough one. My forehand today at the start of the match was excellent, and then for a set and a bit I was going for the shots but just missing them.

So I need to have a bit more consistency there. 'Cause if I hit it like I did in the first set throughout the match, I think it probably would have been a slightly different story. At the same time, when you're playing high risk tennis you're going to make mistakes.

I don't know which one shot in particular I need to improve. But today I would have cut down on some of the unforced errors.

Q. You and Rafa have spoken about your friendship. Does it take even a slight edge off the fact that you've lost to a friend?

ANDY MURRAY: No. No. Same feeling. I mean, I always support Rafa when I watch him, but when I play against him I want to win. So it doesn't change regardless of really who you're playing against. It's still just as bad.

Q. What are your thoughts on Novak rising to No. 1?

ANDY MURRAY: He deserves it 'cause he's hardly lost a match this year, so... He's played great tennis and deserves it.

Q. Will you think about your coaching situation?

ANDY MURRAY: No idea. No idea. I'll practise hard. I've got Davis Cup next week. Then, yeah, I've got a training block before the American stretch. Things have been going pretty well the last few months. The way they've been now, I've got a good, good chance.

Since I started working with Darren and Danny together, I haven't really had much time to do like a training block or do any sort of long periods with them because you've been playing tournaments the whole time.

Now I've got four weeks after Davis Cup before Montréal. See what I can work on.

Q. Who do you think will win the final?

ANDY MURRAY: I don't know. Depends who plays better on the day. But they're both playing great tennis. Rafa's got probably a bit more experience than Novak, so that will help him.

But, yeah, it depends who plays better.

Q. You said you need to work harder. Do you feel like maybe you don't work hard enough?

ANDY MURRAY: I work hard. Really, really hard.

Q. So what do you exactly mean when you say you feel you should work harder?

ANDY MURRAY: I need to work 2, 3% harder than I do just now and push myself to be the best athlete that I can be. Every week, every month you learn something new in your training, in your matches, in practice, your diet, the gym, the training that you do. I just need to try and get better.

But I work really, really hard, so that's not been the problem. I just need to work a little bit harder, get better.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 01797.html

Stopka forum

RSS