Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1641 04-07-2011 13:30:20

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Wimbledon 2011

Losing the Fear

LONDON—He was the guy who wasn't supposed to win this thing, the loose-jointed, long-limbed interloper from the unfamiliar, exotic outpost, Serbia. His hair looked like a pelt and his clipped accent suggested something harsh and indurate, something that might break, but would not bend and yield. And he had the unenviable task of stepping into a fascinating, beautifully-balanced and universally celebrated relationship between two great tennis players, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal—an affiliation in which mutual admiration often appeared in danger of overwhelming and diluting that which most people wanted the bond to be, a rivalry.

It wasn't easy being Novak Djokovic because it's never easy being the spoiler, or the third wheel, and it was especially difficult in those early days when Djokovic was still new on the scene. Slowly, though, he began to win us over. We began to see that the loose-limbs harbored something neither Federer nor Nadal really had, an astonishing, unprecedented degree of elasticity that would enable Djokovic to control balls that most of his peers could only lunge for as they whistled by. That those long limbs of the interloper enabled him to eat up ground and reach and re-direct balls as if they were coming off the flipper of a pinball machine.

At the same time, Djokovic revealed that he has an unexpectedly impudent side, undercutting that vague sense of unease he planted in some with his militaristic bearing. That hair? It began to look kind of cute; tell the truth, haven't you at some point wondered what it would be like to run your palm over it? But that spoiler thing, that was hard to get over. That Roger and Rafa Show was the longest running entertainment in tennis (You'll laugh, you'll cry, its better than Cats!) and it seemed downright misanthropic to expect, never mind wish, that it would end, that we would move on.

Well, today we officially moved on. The death grip in which Roger and Rafa have held Wimbledon since 2003 is broken. Federer has stalled in the quarterfinals in three of the last six Grand Slam events he's played, and today Djokovic beat the defending Wimbledon champion Nadal in four tense, gritty sets to bag his first Wimbledon title. The score, 6-4, 6-1, 1-6, 6-3, articulates the jagged, uneven nature of this odd clash—it was an alternating battle for domination, simple enough stuff, ruled for almost the entire way by Djokovic. But the fact that Djokovic could impose himself on Nadal so comprehensively, for such long periods, surely was surprising. This was not a routine win, this was a declaration. I'm here, and I'm here to stay.

For Djokovic, today's match was the fruition of a long, enormous, ennervating process by which he had to overtake two men who were at their absolute peak at exactly the moment that Djokovic was trying to emerge and establish himself as a potential rival. If there was more than a glint of serendipity in Federer's debut during the end of the Pete Sampras era; the same could not be said for the task Djokovic faced at around the time he won his first major, the Australian Open of 2008.

"Well, we all know the careers of Nadal and Federer. We don't need to spend words again. They have been the two most dominant players in the world the last five years," Djokovic said after his win today. "They have won most of the majors we are playing on.

"So sometimes it did feel a little bit frustrating when you kind of get to the later stages of a Grand Slam, meaning last four, last eight, and then you have to meet them. They always come up with their best tennis when it matters the most.

"But, look, you know, it's a process of learning, a process of developing and improving as a tennis player, as a person, and just finding the way to mentally overcome those pressures and expectations and issues that you have.

"I always believed that I have quality to beat those two guys. I always believed I have quality to win majors, Grand Slams, and that was the only way I could be here in this position, you know. I mean, I have full respect for those two guys, what they have done. Anytime I play them, I mean, it's a great match. But the mental approach has to be positive. You know, (you tell yourself) I have to win this match. There's no other way."

This year, Djokovic was in a position to believe it when he said that to himself. And just as important, his rivals were a little more disposed to believe it, too. Perhaps oddly, it all goes back to the winter of 2010, and that win by Serbia in the Davis Cup. A reporter who spoke with Djokovic's mother told him that she had said that Davis Cup triumph finally taught Djokovic to "play without fear."

"Well, if my mother says that, then it's like that, you know. There is nothing else I can say." Djokovic laughed along with everyone else at his analysis. But he went on in serious vein. "No, really, it is. . . After the Davis Cup win I was full of life, full of energy, eager to come back to the tennis court, eager to play some more, win some other tournaments. In a sentence, I lost my fear. I believed in my abilities more than ever. Australia was one of the best tournaments I played in my life."

That might be the case, but Wimbledon was not far behind. The salient points of the final were the beginning, where an unexpected and out-of-character lapse by Nadal resulted in the pair of forehand errors that gave Djokovic a first set—that, to that point, had been fought over on fairly even terms. Djokovic dominated the second set, but he experienced a lapse of his own to lose the third. The convenient interpretation is that he got tight; the reality more surprising.

"I think I went the opposite way," he said. "I relaxed a little bit too much in the start of the third set.  I wasn't focused. . . It was kind of my fault letting him back to the match. But in the fourth set I was in the lead for all the time. The first game was very important to hold the serve. After that, it was really great tennis."

I have to veer from this celebration of Djokovic's remarkable week (As he said of locking up the No. 1 ranking and winning Wimbledon, all within a 72-hour period: "I managed to achieve a lifetime goal and I managed to make my dream come true, all in three days' time. It's just an incredible feeling that I'm never going to forget. This is the best day of my tennis career.") to draw some attention to how admirably Nadal took this not-so-small setback. Here's an excerpt from his thoughtful, touching and supremely honest—and classy—press conference.

When you read the transcript, you'll find this critical extract buried in what had to be the longest response he's ever given in a presser:

"Probably the mental part is little bit dangerous for me, because when I arrive to the 5-4, I played a bad game with 30-love. When I arrived to 4-3 of the fourth set, I played another bad game with my serve. That's what I say: to win these kind of matches, I have to play well, these kind of points can change the match.

"When I had the break point at the first set, at the first game of the fourth set, I didn't play well that point. That was a big moment for me. Because I came back after 6-1, start the fourth with a break can change everything. I didn't play well these moments. That's what happened in Indian Wells, that's what happened in Miami, and that's what happened here. I don't want to count in Madrid and Rome because he played much better than me.

"But these three times, that's what happened. And to change that is probably be little bit less nervous than these times, play more aggressive, and all the time be confident with myself. That's what I gonna try next time. If not, I gonna be here explaining the sixth."

When it was all over, we all witnessed a truly unusual event at Wimbledon—a screw-up in the presentation ceremony. The microphones used by Sue Barker and the finalists in the on-court post-match interview wouldn't function. When Rafa realized that he was not being heard, he looked befuddled, glanced around, and asked, "What happened?"

Indeed. He may be asking himself some variation on that question for some time

Peter Bodo

http://blogs.tennis.com/tennisworld/2011/07/tk-.html

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#1642 04-07-2011 15:11:06

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Wimbledon - Djokovic beats Nadal to win Wimbledon

Novak Djokovic celebrated his elevation to world number one by beating incumbent Rafael Nadal 6-4 6-1 1-6 6-3 to win his first Wimbledon title.

The Serb, who had secured the top ranking just be reaching the final, playing sublime tennis for the first two sets before defending champion Nadal hit back in the third.

But Djokovic, who has lost just one match so far this year - the French Open semi-final to Roger Federer - had too much for his opponent in the long run and secured the title after two hours and 28 minutes when a forehand sailing long from the Spaniard.

"This is the best day of my life, this is the tournament I always dreamed of winning," Djokovic said following the presentation ceremony.

"When you are playing the best player in the world, Rafa Nadal, I had to play at the top of my game and I think I played my best match on grass."

The victory, Djokovic's fifth over the Spaniard in finals this year, also marks the first occasion 10-times major champion Nadal has lost in a Grand Slam final to anyone other than Roger Federer.

A 20-stroke rally in just the second point of the game, won by Nadal when he rattled a forehand winner down the line, hinted at the quality of level to play as both men came bursting out of the traps.

With the top two players in the world squaring up against each other, the first set was suitably cagey, both men trading holds without even the merest hint of a break point.

Nadal enjoyed a marginally more comfortable time on serve in the early stages but neither man were able to make too many inroads into their opponent's game

Playing with the confidence of a man who had won 47 of 48 matches this year heading into the final, Djokovic stepped up his level at the key time in the first set, breaking Nadal in the 10th game to seal it.

A ferocious cross court forehand from the Serb came out of nowhere and left Nadal rooted to the spot to kick-start Djokovic's campaign in that 10th game, the 24-year-old going on to win four straight points and seal the set when Nadal sent a forehand spinning long.

An inspired Djokovic then romped through the second set; breaking in the second game, with a backhand winner off a brilliant drop shot from Nadal, and again in the sixth, when the Spaniard hit wide, before serving out with ease.

Having been completely outplayed in the second set, Nadal showed his champions mentality by somehow turning things around in the third set, inflicting as one-sided a set on Djokovic as he had just been subject to himself.

Nadal broke in the second game after and as an increasing number of errors began to creep into Djokovic's game, the Spaniard broke for a second time in the sixth game when the second seed dumped his first, and only, double fault of the match into the net.

A comfortable hold to seal the set from Nadal ensure that the third set followed the template of the second and left the match intriguingly poised at two sets to one in favour of Djokovic.

Despite looking like the pressure was beginning to tell, Djokovic grabbed the early lead in the fourth set when he broke in the second game with a series of huge cross court forehands eventually drawing the error from Nadal.

The Spaniard broke back immediately, increasing the power on his ground-strokes to put Djokovic off, before getting a fortuitous net cord to see his back-sliced forehand return of serve roll over the net for the perfect drop shot winner.

If anything it looked as though Nadal would go on to push the match to five sets, the Serb continuing to look a little rattled by Nadal's ability to keep bouncing back.

But Djokovic continued to hold and stay just out in front before pouncing on a poor service performance from Nadal in the eighth game and snatching the advantage just as he had done in the first set.

Nadal opened the game with his only double fault of the match and never really recovered, first handing Djokovic three break points with a forehand into the net, and then the game with a backhand long.

The Serb looked far from confident serving for the title and he quickly found himself 0-15 down after a nervy forehand error and then locked at 30-30 with a backhand long.

But Djokovic steadied his nerve just in time, earning himself a championship point with a huge first serve and backhand volley winner, before serving out with another solid serve that Nadal could only return long.
Pippa Davis / Eurosport

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/03072011/58/ … ledon.html

#1643 04-07-2011 15:17:06

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Tenis. "Książę Wimbledonu" - serbskie gazety o triumfie Djokovica

PRZEGLĄD PRASY. Serbskie gazety świętują triumf Novaka Djokovica w Wimbledonie. Jeden z dzienników wydrukował twarz tenisisty na banknocie, inne sławią wielki wyczyn rodaka słowami. "Książę Wimbledonu" w poniedziałek spotka się w Belgradzie z rodakami.

"Królewski!" - krzyczy na pierwszej stronie popularny dziennik Blic, dodając, że zwyciężając w Wimbledonie Djoković potwierdził, że zasługuje na objęcie prowadzenia w rankingu ATP, które w ostatnich siedmiu latach okupowali Roger Federer i Rafael Nadal.

Serbski prezydent Boris Radić, który był obecny na trybunach podczas niedzielnego finału przyznał, że "niemal nie umarł oglądając finału". - Natychmiast przekazałbym swoje obowiązki Novakowi - dodał Tadić.

Gazeta "Sportski zurnal" nazywa Djokovica "Księciem Wimbledonu", dodając, że tenisista jak nikt inny zasłużył na ten sukces. - Od pierwszych lat życia poświęcił wszystko tenisowi. Teraz odnosi niekwestionowane sukcesy - zachwycają się dziennikarze.

Dziennik Polityka opublikował fotomontaż serbskiego banknotu. Na nominale 2011 dinarów widnieje twarz Novaka Djokovica. - On jest balsamem dla naszych ran. To była najciekawsza walka między dwoma lwami od lat - relacjonuje gazwta.

Dziennik Danas cytuje Jelenę Gancić, pierwszą trenerkę serbskiego mistrza. - Nawet wtedy zawsze powtarzał, że jego największym marzeniem był sukces w Wimbledonie - mówi Gancić.

http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,107387,9888 … umfie.html

#1644 04-07-2011 23:55:47

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/116BF866065C4521BA9066637BD59FF6.ashx?w=221&h=110 http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tournaments/%7E/media/14B53566CC54409F99A8423521E30D18.ashx?w=60&h=36&as=1

Wyniki finałów:

• Singiel

[2] Novak Djoković (SRB) d. [1] Rafael Nadal (ESP) 6-4 6-1 1-6 6-3

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2779/djoko.png

• Debel

[1] Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan (USA) d. [8] Robert Lindstedt/Horia Tecau (SWE/ROU) 6-3 6-4 7-6(2)

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/829/bry.png http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8101/tecau.png

• Juniorzy

[16] Luke Saville (AUS) d. [15] Liam Broady (GBR) 2-6 6-4 6-2

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8702/savillebroady.png

Wszystkie wyniki (turnieju singlowego, deblowego, juniorskiego oraz kwalifikacji) można znaleźć na 1 stronie wątku.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

Stopka forum

RSS