mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#721 30-06-2011 19:03:57

robpal

Rafaholic

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael Nadal

Re: Rafael Nadal

Wyćwierkano właśnie, że z powodu kontuzji stopy po Wimbledonie Rafę czeka 5 tygodni pauzy.

Choć pojęcie "pauza" można różnie interpretować. Grać i tak nie będzie, pytanie czy to przerwa w treningach, czy po prostu w grze.

Ostatnio edytowany przez robpal (30-06-2011 19:07:30)

#722 30-06-2011 19:14:08

anula

Kobieta z klasą

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafa Nadal

robpal napisał:

Wyćwierkano właśnie, że z powodu kontuzji stopy po Wimbledonie Rafę czeka 5 tygodni pauzy.

Choć pojęcie "pauza" można różnie interpretować. Grać i tak nie będzie, pytanie czy to przerwa w treningach, czy po prostu w grze.

Uraz nie zniknie. Gra na środkach przeciwbólowych i przeciwzapalnych. Przed meczem z Fishem dostał zastrzyk w stopę, który przez 5 godzin pozwalał mu nie odczuwać bólu. To samo będzie w meczu z Andym, a jak dojdzie do finału, to również w finale. Nie chodzi tylko o stopę. Odzywają się również kolana.

#723 30-06-2011 19:15:51

robpal

Rafaholic

Kolana? Dopiero co mówił po meczu z Mullerem, że kolana są w porządku...

#724 30-06-2011 19:46:12

anula

Kobieta z klasą

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafa Nadal

robpal napisał:

Kolana? Dopiero co mówił po meczu z Mullerem, że kolana są w porządku...

Wspomniał o tym podczas konferencji prasowej po meczu z JMP, przy okazji pytania o występ w Pucharze Davisa.

#725 01-07-2011 11:14:32

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w ćwierćfinale

R. Nadal bt. M. Fish 6 3, 6 3, 5 7, 6 4

Q. It looked like your foot was fine. Can you talk about how that felt today.

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, very happy to be in semi-finals, first thing. My foot is not fine. But, you know, we are in quarter-finals of Wimbledon. Is an emergency, so I had to play. So we decided to sleep a little bit the zone of the foot to play the rest of the tournament, and that's what I gonna do.

For me is the last tournament in one month, or in one month and a half, so I have to try my best. Is always for me a dream play here in Wimbledon. I'm in quarterfinals and I had to do, and I gonna do for semi-finals, too.

Q. It's hurting you?

RAFAEL NADAL: When you sleep the foot you don't feel nothing.

Q. During the match.

RAFAEL NADAL: I told you. When you sleep the foot before the match, the anaesthetic is for five hours, so you don't feel nothing.

Q. You said after Del Potro that you were worried. Is that still the case now, that you are worried about your foot holding up for the rest of the tournament?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I'm not worried about my foot. I went to the hospital. I did the MRI. I did the echo here, the ultrasound here. We didn't see nothing real important. If you have something real important you have to go out of the tournament.

I don't have nothing really important. I have pain on the foot. I cannot run in perfect conditions without sleep the foot. But with the I don't know how exactly to say in English. Is strange for me. The anaesthetic there I don't feel nothing, I don't feel the pain.

Q. Now that you're not worried about the injury, you played freely today for the most part.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah.

Q. Moving on through the tournament, you can play your game without the worry?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah. I'm not worried about nothing now because I know what's going on. I know with that I don't gonna have pain. The previous match I don't know if I really had you know, I had a really difficult injury for me to pass in 2004 in the foot in Estoril.

Is completely different place. Is different history. But I felt something similar during the match of Del Potro. For that reason I was really scared.

But after when I did all the test and the test was positive for me, I am not scared because I know I have to try my best for the rest of the tournament. That's what I gonna do. And I'm ready to play.

Q. So today you feel like you played pretty well overall, very good at times?

RAFAEL NADAL: I play really well the first two sets. Probably I lost a little bit of intensity in the third. Playing in this kind of surface, especially here on grass, if you lost a little bit the intensity, you play less aggressive, is always very difficult, no?

And he did well. He started to play little bit more aggressive, and I was in trouble on the third, the beginning of the fourth, too, a little bit.

Q. What were your reactions to the Federer loss today?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I am sorry for him. He was playing really good tennis in Roland Garros three weeks ago, four weeks ago, and during this tournament I saw him play really, really well.

Today he was winning against a difficult opponent two sets to love, and my opinion playing very good tennis. I left. I didn't see the match. But you know how difficult is this surface, how difficult is everything. Because when you play against one player like Tsonga that he has this fantastic serve, you are under pressure all the time even if you are winning two sets to love, because you have a break, you have few mistakes with your serve, he has a break, probably he has the set. And that's every time.

So you play under pressure all the match. I cannot talk a lot more about the match because I didn't see the rest. I only saw the first two sets. So for him I think he deserved to be there.

Q. Your recent matches with Andy have been semi-finals and you have won them. What mental edge does that give you going into this one?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, every match is completely different. Every year is a different situation. Last year I beat him here in the semi-finals, but was very close match, even if was in straight sets. Second set he had a set point with his serve.

So, you know, the match will be very difficult for me. I think he's playing at very, very high level. We'll see what's going on. For me the last few months of Andy was very, very good. We will see what's going on in that semi-finals. Will be a big challenge for me, and I gonna try my best.

For sure I always enjoy playing these kind of matches. For me be in semi-finals is a very positive result, so very happy for that. Right now everything is to win. I have to enjoy the moment, play aggressive. Only like this I going to have any chance to be in the final.

Q. Is Andy a better player this year than he was at this time last year?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know.

Q. Both your Wimbledon matches you've won in straight sets against Andy. Is that a surprise? What difficult challenge will you expect from Andy?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think I played two fantastic matches against Andy. 2008 probably was a different situation because Andy started to play really well that year, but especially after that.

I think after that was the year he started winning in Cincinnati, after he won in Madrid. But before that he was there. Very, very good player for sure.

But last year was a real match. He was in the top conditions, the same conditions than me. Probably this year he has a little bit more experience. He's playing fine. He's playing very well, having final in Australia, semi-finals in Roland Garros, now semi-finals another time here.

So he's having a very successful season, in my opinion. So he's with big confidence. Anyway, the previous matches doesn't affect the match of Friday.

Q. You mentioned the two of you have been able to become good friends off the court. I wonder how often you saw him off the court and what kind of things you did together?

RAFAEL NADAL: Normally we play PlayStation outside the court when we are in the same hotels in the tournament. Now he really don't want to play more. He lost the last few times (smiling). Well, no, seriously. Well, seriously, that's true. He lost almost every time. He played with his friend Danny against Monaco and me, and we won.

Q. Did you meet the golfer Rory McIlroy when he was here?

RAFAEL NADAL: I met him yesterday. I talked with him half an hour in the locker room.

Q. Did you get invited to play golf with him?

RAFAEL NADAL: I hope so in the future. Any day when our agendas will be in the same moment free. So I would love to play golf with him. For me is an honour know him, and for sure it will be a dream for me play golf with him any day.

Q. Mardy Fish did not have a fantastic serving day today. Could you speak about what he did that was a challenge for you. Talk about how you thought Mardy played.

RAFAEL NADAL: I think Mardy improved his level, especially the last few years. And last year I think he had a fantastic season.

I have a question, sorry. In Cincinnati he played the final last year or he played the semifinal?

Q. The final.

RAFAEL NADAL: Final against Roger, no?

Q. Yes.

RAFAEL NADAL: So he's doing well. I think he's more solid player than few years ago, for sure. He's playing much better with the forehand than before. Because always he had a very good backhand and very good serve and good volley, but the forehand, in my opinion, he's hitting much better the forehand than before. And probably his movements are better than before.

So I think the mental part is important. Seriously, in the past he probably was little bit more irregular player. Now he's able to play more focus most of the time. In my opinion, his level in general improved a lot for that reason. I am always in trouble playing against him. I think everybody is in trouble playing against Mardy. He's a very good player.

Q. 2004 Estoril, before you became a big, big player, could you talk about what the foot injury was there.

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I had to stop for three months and a half.

Q. What was the foot injury?

RAFAEL NADAL: I had a stress fracture.

Q. So that's what it felt like two days ago?

RAFAEL NADAL: It's not the same place. I told you. Is a completely different place. I felt something similar, but I am lucky that is nothing like this.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 78511.html

#726 02-07-2011 00:29:26

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Wimbledon 2011: 13 wielkoszlemowy finał Nadala!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/EECB1475AB54412EA9F97AAEDD0314A1.ashx

25-letni tenisista z Manacor zagra w najbliższą niedzielę w swoim 5 wimbledońskim finale. Rafa wygrywał tę imprezę 2 razy: w roku 2008 i przed 12 miesiącami. Hiszpan przegrał mecze o tytuł przy Church Road w latach 06-07, kiedy na drodze stawał mu Roger Federer.

Rafael Nadal - 13 wielkoszlemowych finałów

(dotychczasowy bilans: 10 -2)
2005 - Roland Garros
2006 - Roland Garros, Wimbledon (porażka)
2007 - Roland Garros, Wimbledon (porażka)
2008 - Roland Garros, Wimbledon
2009 - Australian Open
2010 - Roland Garros, Wimbledon, US Open
2011 - Roland Garros, Wimbledon

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#727 02-07-2011 00:41:54

Marko

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Grigor Dimitrow

Co ciekawe, gdy Federer grał swój 13-sty, wielkoszlemowy finał, miał identyczny stosunek zwycięstw do porażek, co teraz Nadal. Szwajcar wygrał swój trzynasty finał, pokonując podczas Wimbledonu przed czterema laty właśnie ... Rafaela Nadala.

E: Tak jak na szybko sprawdziłem, Pete Sampras chyba również. Ale to tak na marginesie

Ostatnio edytowany przez Marko (02-07-2011 00:45:52)

#728 02-07-2011 00:53:06

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Tak, bardzo podobnie Fedi Rafa się pod tym względem 'dobrali'. Różnica jest taka, że Nadal jest w tym momencie rok młodszy od Federera z 2007 roku.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#729 03-07-2011 11:03:30

robpal

Rafaholic

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w półfinale

R. Nadal bt. A. Murray 5 7, 6 2, 6 2, 6 4

Q. You didn't look very much like the No. 2 player in the world today.

RAFAEL NADAL: For me, seriously, that's something that really doesn't matter a lot. You know, I said last year when I was No. 3 or No. 4. I said when I was No. 1 for me is not a big goal for me.

For me big goal is be competitive, be healthy. Be competitive every time when I am on court and try to be at my best in the important moments, no, in all the tournaments, because all the tournaments are important, no?

Yeah, today I lost the No. 1. I did lost the No. 1. One guy played unbelievable the first half of the year so he's the new No. 1. We just can congratulate him because what he did this first part of the season is something really impressive, really fantastic.

I am happy about how I did. I think in normal conditions I would be No. 1 or a lot of chances to keep being the No. 1 for me for a few more time, because my results are really good the first part of the season, too. But one guy did unbelievable, and congratulations.

Q. Zero unforced errors in the second set, two in the third, one in the fourth. How did you manage?

RAFAEL NADAL: Total seven, yeah, and 37 winners, so the statistics are really unbelievable. The true, I don't know. The statistics is something that we have to have a look about the statistics, but not everything is statistics, no?

In general, I think Andy played very, very high level especially the first set and the beginning of the second, too. Seriously I felt he was better player than me at that moment, so I just waited for my moment.

I felt that I am playing well the first set, too, but he was playing really good, really aggressive, serving really well. I was there all the time. I was little bit lucky I don't know exactly the first or second game of the second set with 15 30, he had an easy forehand in the middle of the court and he miss. He miss the shot long. So after that was probably the turning point of the match.

I think after that he had a bad game with his serve. He had 30 15, and he had unforced error with the forehand, double fault, and after he miss a smash.

After that, the match was close, because I was playing well, too. He lost probably little bit the intensity of the beginning. But that's true, play like he played in the first set is not easy. Is really difficult. He played really complete tennis.

After that I think I played little bit better than the beginning. I was playing well the beginning, but probably I improved little bit the level, and I played probably my best match this year here.

Q. Statistics are not important, but you played five finals in Wimbledon of the last five tournaments you played here. That is a great statistic. What do you think about that? Because only Borg, McEnroe and Federer have done it.

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it's something for me very important. Always Wimbledon was my dream. After is my 2003, 2005, and after five finals, so it's my seventh Wimbledon probably in my career. Seventh? Eighth?

Q. Seventh.

RAFAEL NADAL: Seventh, so... I never thought that I gonna be able to play five finals, so today is a very important victory for me and very happy for everything, no?

I think is a great effort after, you know, four years without a Spanish playing the semifinals or finals here. After the last five years well, not 2009 but in five years we were there, have a Spanish in the final, so that's a fantastic news for me, but I think for our country, too.

Q. Back in 1999 Agassi became No. 1 in the world and he had to play the final with Sampras and he but lost to Sampras. The next day Agassi was No.1 but Sampras was the Wimbledon champion. Would you like to see the same scenario?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes (smiling).

Q. When you walked out of the court you said you were sorry for Andy. How do you manage to be so competitive when you're on the court, and as soon as you are off the court you think with your heart about your competitors?

RAFAEL NADAL: I felt that during the court, too. I'm not a robot when I'm playing. I think.

Andy probably deserved to be Grand Slam winner. He's the best player without a title of Grand Slam that I ever see. So he deserve to be a champion of Grand Slam. Always he was there: final in Australia, semifinals Roland Garros, semifinals here another time. That's tough. I understand, no?

Is not easy for him be there all the time and finally he lost another time. But he's doing well. He's in the right way to win a Grand Slam. I always say the same. But that's what I feel, you know. I feel the reason is he needs little bit more lucky for moments and he will win. I still don't have any doubt on that.

Q. What are your thoughts about playing against Novak, and what do you think is the key to the match?

RAFAEL NADAL: The key is play really well and to wait the opponent don't have his best day. That is the key in these kind of matches, when you play against the best players of the world, you know.

His mental position over me today is probably a little bit better because he won the last four finals against me. And that's what it is. I'm here. I'm try my best. I think I'm playing well, really well.

We will see what's going on on Sunday, no? I will try my best. I have to play aggressive. I have to play with intensity, with rhythm. That's what I gonna try.

Q. What aspect of Novak's game will you find most challenging to overcome?

RAFAEL NADAL: Everything. Yeah.

Q. With Novak, do you think you have any advantage, perhaps even on this surface, more than clay against him? And do you think since you've been to this stage of the tournament before and he hasn't, that that might also be an advantage for you?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I don't have an advantage here more than clay. I am better player on clay than grass. That's the true.

Q. Maybe you're a better player on grass than he is on clay.

RAFAEL NADAL: You know what? Playing two semifinals and now the final, probably he's not a bad player on grass, too. That's my feeling. Yeah.

Q. You're obviously aware of the magnitude of your achievements. How often do you think of the number 16?

RAFAEL NADAL: Of what?

Q. Grand Slams.

RAFAEL NADAL: The number 16? I think about the number 10. That's what I have at home. That's what I'm able to see when I go back home in my bedroom. I don't have 11, I don't have 12, I don't have 15, or 16. 16 is very far. I believe the number is not gonna stop there. Roger will have more chances to win more.

Seriously, is not my goal. Disappointing is not my goal. But I am very happy about my 10. I gonna try my best to keep being competitive in important tournaments, and we will see in the next years what's going on. We'll see Sunday. We'll see in the future what's going on.

The career of Roger is probably impossible to repeat. You know, if you look of the history of tennis, he's the player with more Grand Slams in I don't know how many years of history of the tennis, 100?

Q. 125 this year.

RAFAEL NADAL: Is gonna be strange he's the player with more Grand Slams ever. Gonna be strange that three years, four years after one player win more than the best ever, no? So probably that's not gonna happen.

Q. You had issues with your foot earlier in the competition. Was that an issue at all today, and will it be in the final on Sunday?

RAFAEL NADAL: I talked about the foot the other day. I said how was the problem, how is my foot. Is exactly the same than a few days ago. I did exactly the same than in the previous match.

So I said two days ago I not worried about the foot. I know what's going on. I know with the treatment that I am doing to play I don't gonna have any problem. I don't feel nothing.

Q. This attitude of yours focusing on the competition and the preparation and the health, not so much on the numbers and the results, is that something that's always come that easy to you?

RAFAEL NADAL: Don't think about the?

Q. When you speak about not caring about numbers, results, and records, you talk about focusing being on competitive, preparation. Is it an attitude that's always been like that for you?

RAFAEL NADAL: Seriously, I care about records, I care about the statistics, and I care about the history of tennis, for sure. But, you know, is not the right moment for me to talk about that. I have 25 years old. I am playing.

And talk about the history when I don't know when my career is going to finish is probably something that is to talk. We will see when I finish my career where I am in the history of tennis. We will see what's going on.

Right now for me, my history is I am in the final of Wimbledon. Very happy for that. I will have a very difficult match on Sunday. Let's enjoy it. Let's try my best on Sunday. That's my history today.

The history of tennis, we'll have time to talk about it.

Q. There are many statistics in the game. Which ones to you are the most important?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know which way you are talking.

Q. Majors won, weeks at No. 1, Davis Cup.

RAFAEL NADAL: I am not a specialist on that, so we have to look around and see about different facts. In my opinion, for sure the Grand Slam is probably the most important thing.

But is a mistake think only about the Grand Slams, because the tennis is much more than four tournaments every year, you know.

For me the records of Roger are unbelievable. 16 Grand Slams are unbelievable. But he has a few probably more difficult things to do or more unbelievable things to do. I don't know. He have 23 or 24 straight semifinals in Grand Slams. That's really unbelievable.

In my opinion, for me is much more difficult win in the clay season Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome, Madrid, Hamburg a few years ago, than win Roland Garros. Seems like the most important thing is Roland Garros, is true.

But if we talk about the quality of tennis, is much more difficult win the other four than win Roland Garros. Probably that's for the history didn't count that much for the spectators.

But for the people of tennis and for the people who love this sport and who understand this sport from inside, everybody knows that's more difficult than win a Grand Slam.

You know, Andy Murray today didn't win a Grand Slam, but he's much more better player than a lot of player who won a Grand Slam in the past. That's the true.

Q. Your head to heads against your opponents, is that important?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't think so. Is another fact, but is nothing really decisive, in my opinion.

Q. Having your family, your mother, father, sister, does it help you to relax or does it change the focus in any way?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. For me seriously doesn't matter, no? I am happy to be with them here. They are supporting me here. They are with me during the day off. I like to be with people. I don't like a lot to be alone. If more people are here is a little bit more fun for me during the free hours.

So for me is always a pleasure have the family around, have my team around, the people who are close to me around me, because that's makes me happy. Seems like I'm more at home.

Q. How would you describe Novak's ability to defend, his movements around the court compared to some other players you've played against? Is he among the best, the quickest or...

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think his game is really complete defending. When he attack, too. Probably he's defending a little bit better than previous years this year.

But in my opinion, his general game, his total game, is really complete: good serve, very good movements, very easy, his eyes are very fast, and he can go inside the court very easy playing very difficult shots. Very easy for him because he takes the ball very early.

In my opinion, his biggest ability is take the ball very early. That's something very difficult. Roger do very well, too. That's something very difficult, and they do very easy.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 54928.html

#730 04-07-2011 22:28:48

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2011: 5 przegrany finał Nadala.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/0B05B93155EC47D48A1D583A2A7B2518.ashx

Rafael Nadal przegrał swój 5 finał w tym roku. Po raz kolejny uległ Novakowi Djokovciowi, tym razem w pojedynku o tytuł w Wimbledonie. Nadal zagrał 5 raz w finale przy Church Road, poległ po raz 3. Wszystkie finałowe porażki Hiszpana w WS pochodzą właśnie z tego miejsca.

25-latek z Manacor przegrał swój 18 finał w karierze, 3 w Wielkim Szlemie (pierwszy od Wimbledonu 2007). Przed wczorajszą porażką Nadal miał na koncie 7 kolejnych zwycięstw w wielkoszlemowych finałach.

RAFAEL NADAL - przegrane finał (18)
2011 Wimbledon, TMS Rzym, TMS Madryt, TMS Miami, TMS Indian Wells
2010 WTF Londyn, Doha
2009 TMS Szanghaj, TMS Madryt, Rotterdam
2008 TMS Miami, Chennai
2007 TMS Paryż, Wimbledon, TMS Hamburg
2006 Wimbledon
2005 TMS Miami
2004 Auckland

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#731 04-07-2011 22:30:53

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Rafa Ready To Bide His Time

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/0B05B93155EC47D48A1D583A2A7B2518.ashx
Rafael Nadal rued his poor play
on the decisive points in the match.

Rafael Nadal acknowledged that he lost to the world’s best player when he fell to Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon final. But the 10-time Grand Slam champion knows from experience that his chance will come again after losing to the Serb in their past five meetings.

“Seriously, I lost because I was playing against the best player of the moment, the best player of the world tomorrow,” said the Spaniard, who will lose his No. 1 ranking to Djokovic on Monday. “And when you play against these players and they are playing unbelievable, the normal thing is to lose. That's what happened the last few times.

“My experience says this level is not forever. Even for me, when I won three Grand Slams last year, my level of last year is not forever. Probably the level of Novak today is not forever. I am going to be here fighting all the time, waiting for my moment, waiting for my moment to beat him another time.

“The past five times wasn't my time. I am going to wait and I am going to try at the sixth [opportunity].  And if the sixth doesn't happen, then the seventh. It's going to be like this. That's the spirit of the sport.”

London Calling...Again: Buy Tickets To See Rafa & Novak At The Barclays ATP World Tour Finals

The 25-year-old Nadal, who also fell to Djokovic in the final of the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments in Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome this season, admitted that those defeats affected him at crunch stages in the match and lamented his poor play on the big points in the final.

“I started the match without thinking [about those defeats]. But when you arrive to 5-4, these moments it probably affects a little bit. That's what happened, and that's why.

Read Match Report | How The Final Was Won | Watch Nadal Interview

“The most important thing, to win in matches here, to win tough matches like today, like two days ago [against Andy Murray], is to play well in the important moments. There are few points in the match that can change the match, and I didn't [play well] today.

“He's in the best moment of his career and I am in one of the best moments of my career,” continued the Roland Garros champion. “But it is still not enough for him. I have to play deeper. I have to play more aggressive. I have to have less mistakes. That's what I have to do. He played better than me. He played very, very, very high level for moments. For that reason he is the champion here.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Time.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#732 05-07-2011 13:48:27

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po porażce w finale

R. Nadal def. by N. Djokovic 4-6, 1-6, 6-1, 3-6
Q. How would you describe the way Novak played today, especially in the second set?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I think he played very well in the second. Is difficult to describe.

But, anyway, he played better than me. For that reason he is the champion here. So I just can congratulate him. That's the true. He played very, very, very high level for moments, and I played a little bit lower than the previous days.

Q. Did his attacking force you to play short?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. I played short because I played short I think today. He's doing great. He's doing few things fantastic. But I had to play better to win, and I didn't today. I played little bit less aggressive.

And the most important thing, to win in matches here, to win tough matches like today, like two days ago, the most important thing is play well the important moments. There is few points in the match that can change the match, and I didn't today.

Q. After a match like this, we can think of many reasons for the outcome. Is it possible that one of them is Novak was able to handle your forehand better than the other players?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, when one player beat you five times is because today my game don't bother him a lot. Today probably against me he's playing better than my level. And find solutions, that's what I have to try and that's what I gonna try.

Anyway, seriously, I only lose matches this year against him. That's the true. When I was healthy, I only lost against him. That's the true. The rest of the matches, I don't want to count in Queen's, two days ago two weeks ago, three weeks ago, because is different conditions for me.

When I was hundred percent to play, I lost against him five times. The rest of the year I won almost every match. So I'm doing the things very well probably not against him. That's what I have to change.

Probably the mental part is little bit dangerous for me, because when I arrive to the 5 4, I played a bad game with 30 Love. When I arrived to 4 3 of the fourth set, I played another bad game with my serve.

That's what I say: to win these kind of matches, I have to play well these kind of points can change the match. When I had the breakpoint at the first set, at the first game of the fourth set, I didn't play well that point. That was a big moment for me. Because I came back after 6 1, start the fourth with a break can change everything.

I didn't play well these moments. That's what happened in Indian Wells, that's what happened in Miami, and that's what happened here. I? Don't want to count in Madrid and Rome because he played much better than me.

But these three times, that's what happened. And to change that is probably be little bit less nervous than these times, play more aggressive, and all the time be confident with myself. That's what I gonna try next time.

If not, I gonna be here explaining the sixth.

Q. How much of those four finals against Novak affected your confidence?

RAFAEL NADAL: I started the match without thinking on that. But that's true. When you arrive to 5 4, these moments probably affects a little bit. That's what happened, and that's why.

Q. You've lost to Novak five times this year.

RAFAEL NADAL: I know that. We were talking about that (smiling).

Q. Why do you think you can't beat him? Do you think there's a psychological reason?

RAFAEL NADAL: You are hear that? I just explained that.

Q. Is there a technical reason? Is he handling your topspin forehand better with his two handed backhand, taking it early?

RAFAEL NADAL: The game is easy. The game is not that difficult. So think about a lot of things will be a mistake, in my opinion. Don't think is how you playing well, how you not playing that well.

Is true we can analyze that my game is not bothering him. We have to find how I can bother him another time. I did in the past.

He's in the best moment of his career. That's true, too. I am in one of the best moments of my career. Still not enough for him. I have to play longer. I have to play more aggressive. I have to have less mistakes. Yes, that's what I have to do.

But start to think if his backhand or he takes the ball earlier, yeah, he's very complete player. He has good backhand, very good forehand, good serve. His movements probably are one of the best in of the world in this moment.

Seriously, I lose because I am playing against the best player of the moment, the best player of the world tomorrow, and I am the second. And when you play against these players and they are playing unbelievable, the normal thing is lose. That's what happened last few times.

My experience says this level is not forever. Even for me when I was last year winning three Grand Slams, my level of last year is not forever. Probably the level of Novak of today is not forever. I gonna be here fighting all the time, waiting my moment. I don't have to wait a lot, because I already won three tournaments this year and one Grand Slam. But waiting my moment to beat him another time.

I understand the sport like this. When one player is better than you, at this moment the only thing you can do is work, try to find solutions, and try to wait a little bit for your time.

Last five times wasn't my time. I gonna wait and I gonna try to a sixth. And if the sixth doesn't happen, to the seventh. It's going to be like this. That's the spirit of the sport.

Q. Emotionally, is this the most difficult defeat of your career?

RAFAEL NADAL: For sure not. C'mon.

Q. Which is?

RAFAEL NADAL: Is difficult to say now. You know, after playing eight finals this year, winning Roland Garros few weeks ago, play the final here cannot be the toughest lose of my career.

You know how is the toughest moment? When I am in Australia and I finish the match and I am injury; when in 2010 I have to go out of Australia with an injury, That is the toughest moment. That's the game: sometimes you win; sometimes you lose.

Three weeks ago I was winning in Roland Garros; today I was playing the final here and I lost. That's the sport. We started 128 players. One have to win. I was the second. Is a good result for me. For sure always the goals and the objective probably is win every time, but everybody lose. Nobody's winning everything.

But he going to lose in the future. I going to keep losing a lot of matches in the future. I gonna try my best in every moment. But for sure this is not the toughest loss in my career.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 61438.html

#733 05-07-2011 17:45:44

robpal

Rafaholic

Jeszcze raz sprawdzono starannie stopę Rafy - nie ma w niej pęknięcia (groziło to 6 tygodniami pauzy).
Hiszpan ma być gotowy na Mastersa w Montrealu.

#734 06-07-2011 15:15:58

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Nadal says no tennis reign lasts forever

http://tennistalk.com/images/article/2107.jpg

Rafael Nadal makes no excuses for his Wimbledon final loss to Novak Djokovic.

Reports in the British press suggest that the Spaniard lost the Wimbledon final to Novak Djokovic while carrying a hairline fracture of his left heel, but Nadal's team has confirmed that the injury is not a fracture.

The former No. 1 - now down to second behind his Serb rival - made no mention of injury after his four-set loss. "He's in the best moment of his career, I'm in one of the best moments of my career," said the Spaniard.

"But that's still not enough (to beat) him. I have to play longer. I have to play more aggressive. I have to have less mistakes - that's what I have to do. I lost because I am playing against the best player of the moment, the best player of the world tomorrow, and I am the second."

The winner of ten Grand Slams is far from giving up hope. After all, nothing is forever in tennis. "My experience says this level is not forever. Even for me when I was last year winning three Grand Slams, my level of last year is not forever.

"Probably the level of Novak of today is not forever. I'm gonna be here fighting all the time, waiting my moment. I've already won three tournaments this year and one Grand Slam. But I'm waiting my moment to beat him another time."

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110705/ … ts_forever

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

Stopka forum

RSS