Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1221 31-03-2011 22:47:24

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Roger Federer

SIMON HAS TO RETIRE

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1103_Miami_pz__13_.JPG

Roger had to play just three today to book his spot in the semis of the Miami Masters as Gilles Simon had to retire at 3-0.

After 10 minutes and three games of play - Roger won 12 of 15 points - Simon called the physiotherapist as he claimed to have woken up with a stiff neck. He then realised there was no use in resuming play and shook Roger's hand.

Roger's last few days in Miami have not really been tough and he should be able to attack the round of the last four with plenty of energy. His opponent there will be either be Rafael Nadal or Tomas Berdych.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … geben.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#1222 31-03-2011 22:50:58

jaccol55

Administrator

Sampras says Federer can go on and on in the game

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/1969.jpg

Pete Sampras believes Roger Federer will last a lot longer in his career than he did, calling the Swiss a "young" 29 compared to himself at that age 11 a decade ago.

"He’s still very much out there playing week in and week out and I’m amazed by that," said Sampras, who retired in 2002 after turning 31, going out on a high note with a concluding US Open title over longtime rival Andre Agassi. "He's much younger 29 than I was. I just felt a little more burned out. I see that as a big difference and will enable him to be competitive for many years."

Sampras and Federer met up at the start of the month in Los Angeles for a friendly hit prior to the hardcourt Masters 1000 run at Indian Wells and Miami.

Sampras admits that motivation was tough for him toward the end of his playing day, a problem which he does not see in Federer. "For as Roger wants to play, he will be competitive," said Sampras. "When I didn’t win a tournament for a couple years, I felt a much bigger drop-off, where I was struggling week in and week out. I didn’t have that motivation.

"Roger is just a little more hungry, a little more eager than I was at the same stage. He’s obviously dealing with some players who have gotten better but I think he’ll be fine."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … n_the_game

#1223 03-04-2011 01:32:40

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

A clear loss against Rafa

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1103_Miami_pz__9_.JPG

Roger suffered a clear 3-6, 2-6 loss against Rafael Nadal in the semi-final of the Sony Ericsson Open in Key Biscayne.

"It just got worse and worse. And when I had a chance I simply played too weak. Today was nothing to write about, I'm afraid," Roger commented. "I know that I can do many more things in the game. I'm very excited by what's to come still."

It was no easy task playing against a very strong Nadal as the Spaniard never dropped his serve and converted four of five break-point chances, committing only 10 unforced errors. Roger counted a total of 31 unforced errors and shanked several shots.

Next on Roger's schedule is the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters which starts in a week and opens the clay-season for Roger.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … -rafa.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#1224 03-04-2011 16:07:59

Kazik

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Robin Soderling

Federer knows his secret for tennis fitness

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/1310.jpg

Roger Federer knows what it takes to stay healthy in the often injury-plagued world of professional tennis.

His case of glandular fever several seasons ago and the occasional low back pain notwithstanding, Roger Federer's standout career has been carried on basically injury-free - with the Swiss crediting hard work and careful monitoring for his tennis good health.

"You have to listen to the signals of your body," said the third seed who lost his semi-final to Rafael Nadal at the Miami Masters.

"I guess it's all together, in practise and the way you live every day, how much you sleep, what you eat. There are different ways you can stay healthy. Then I think every player has their own secrets or routines that make that work. Some just get unlucky."

"It's important to kind of get professional early," said Federer of the rising tennis injury rate. "I have just a good sense of how bad are the injuries I'm playing with, how bad is the pain, how serious is it.

"Sometimes I don't even need a doctor or physio's advice to tell me what's good and bad for my body because I know it. I know how bad the pain feels and how much I can still push on it. I think it's also a secret to knowing when to take a break and knowing when you can actually push."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … is_fitness

#1225 04-04-2011 08:33:05

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Porównanie osiągnięć Federera z lat 2004-2006 z wynikami z sezonów 2008-2010

04-06             08-10
Zwycięstwa w Wielkich Szlemach                      8                     4
Zwycięstwa w turniejach Masters 1000            10                   3
Zwyciestwa w World Tour Finals                       2                     1
Zwycięstwa w turniejach                                  34                   13
Liczba porażek                                                 15                    40
Bilans wygranych meczów                               94,3 %             82,8 %
Liczba tygodni jako nr 1                                   152                  48

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#1226 05-04-2011 14:41:30

Kazik

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Robin Soderling

Federer defiant in face of Miami loss

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/1624.jpg

Roger Federer will not let his fourth loss of a 22-win season put him off his stride after exiting the semi-finals of the Miami Masters to Rafael Nadal.

"I know that I can do many more things in the game," said the disappointed but defiant 16-time Grand Slam champion. "Sure, it's disappointing losing a match like tonight, but those are the matches I work extremely hard for in the off season and practise. I'm very excited by what's to come still."

Federer is already making plans for imminent travel to Monte Carlo where he will begin work on the clay in time for the first of the clay-court Masters 1000 events starting a week from Sunday.

The Swiss is understandably annoyed with media trying to write off his tennis era at age 29, as was the case with Pete Sampras a decade earlier. "I don't feel like I'm 35 like you guys make me sound I am," he told said after the loss. " I'm still only 29, and I have many more years left."

Federer still maintains his fighting demeanour despite the loss on the day wife Mirka Vavrinec celebrated her 33rd birthday. "For me, these are not big setbacks," said the Swiss of his recent losses to Nadal and three this season to Novak Djokovic. "I wish I could play better right now against those guys, but it is what it is.

"I'm excited going Monaco now, he said of the clay season which starts in nine day in the principality. "I'm going to fly there directly and prepare as well as I can for the clay-court season."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … Miami_loss

#1227 08-04-2011 20:28:16

Serenity

User

Federer would trade 2012 Slam for gold

Roger Federer has not won an Olympic singles gold medal and I'm pretty sure if you offered him one, he would take it over a Grand Slam in 2012.

The Swiss legend has a notable gap on his CV where a singles gold medal would fit nicely, and it is fair to say that the allure of Olympic success is growing amongst the players.

There was a time when the Olympics featured very low on any tennis player's priority list, but that is slowly changing.

Of course, the players will be planning their 2012 schedule around the Grand Slams as always, but success in the London Games would still feature very highly.

It simply means that they will have to peak for longer next year, and every tennis supporter will be happy about that.

It's going to be a very hectic summer schedule, but there is no doubt that the players will still monitor their workload in view of the Grand Slams, predominantly.

There certainly used to be a great deal of scepticism when tennis was made an Olympic sport, but its value is growing steadily.

I can see an Olympic medal being as important as a Grand Slam to the top players in perhaps the next decade, but right now it is still short of such status.

For players who have yet to win a Grand Slam like Andy Murray, they would of course prefer to break their duck rather than simply prevail in London.

It would be fabulous for Murray to be victorious in London with a big British support behind him, but it would not be a patch on winning Wimbledon.

I am good friends with Tim Henman, and you ask him how he feels about his Olympic medal, and it would not even rank among his top 10 career achievements in his mind.

Of course, he was happy to have featured successfully on the world stage, but he would have swapped that for a win at any of the top four tournaments on Tour.

But for Federer it is very different: he has won everything on Tour and is almost looking to complete his career achievements now.

If he does not win a Grand Slam but clinches the singles gold medal next year, he will be a very happy man.

I believe this is the main reason he is still playing and is yet to retire to spend more time with Mirka and his children.

Federer finished fourth in the Olympic singles at the Sydney Games in 2000, while he won the doubles title in Beijing in 2008.

At the 2012 Games Federer is probably the only player in the upper echelons of the current rankings who would trade another Grand Slam for a maiden Olympic singles crown.

One day the Olympics will be considered on a level with the Slams - but not yet.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/si … icle/6053/

#1228 11-04-2011 13:24:52

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

MONTE CARLO: THE DRAW

11.04.2011 | Tennis
Roger is playing the 1000-Masters in Monte Carlo this week, opening this year's clay season. He will meet Philipp Kohlschreiber (ATP 34) after a first round bye. Roger has won all five matches against the German so far.

Roger, the number 2 seed, could face Austria's Jürgen Melzer (ATP 9) in the quarter-final. A meeting with Spain's David Ferrer (ATP 6) is possible in the semis before the defending champion Rafael Nadal could be up in the final.

After Roger had skipped the tournament last year, he is looking foward to an early start on clay and a great week. In 2009, he was defeated in the round of sixteen by Stanislas Wawrinka, just a few days after Roger's wedding.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … osung.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1229 11-04-2011 20:40:52

Art

User

Federer: "30 years old is not too old!"

When he plays in Monaco, Federer always carries out various services. With the journalists, he answers first in English, then in French. The multilingual Swiss showed up relaxed yesterday in the late afternoon, in the media room. Good looking guy, light coloured jeans, Nike jacket, the always classy hair lock, the now world #3 took adavantage of the occasion to have a dig at the people who tend to burry him too quickly. And if Nadal (who beat him in the 08 finals) is here in his kingdom, Federer apparently would like to pull something nice here.

What is your feeling at the start of the clay season?
- I arrived here very early on Tue. I think I've never arrived this early in Monaco... I got over the jetlag pretty easily. I trained a lot on Thu, Fri and Sat, so I feel really good. But the matches will judge after 7 months on HCs.

You weren't supposed to come at first, and then you changed your mind?
- In fact, I often liked coming here in Monaco to see right away where everyone stands on clay. I see the opponents' level and I can evaluate mine. I always chose to leave the door open as far as this tournement is concerned. This time I feel really good, whereas last year I lacked matches and I had therefore missed it.

Novak Djokovic says that the clay season will decide the #1 spot. Your feeling?
-I think it depends a lot on Rafa. If he's capable of playing as well as last year, I think it's going to be very hard for everyone. But I hope I'll be part of the guys who will be capable of doing it. As far as I'm concerned, I can have a solid tournement in Monaco, then Rome, I'll have a lot of points to gain in RG and Wimbledon.

Were you surprised by ND's withdrawal?
- Yes because he lives here, I think. But not more than that...Me too, when I was in great form I only played 6 or 7 MS. Each makes his choice. Novak has his reasons. He really has played a lot until now. One has to respect his decision.

Nowadays, everytime you lose, the observers aske themselves about your decline; doesn't it irritate you a bit?
- Everyone can have his opinion... Certainly I'm not going to spend 10 or 15 years of my career hearing around me all the time that I'm the best in the world. Certainly as well, I go through tough moments when I don't win my matches against them (Nadal and Djoko). I ask myself questions, about what I should've done better, at what moment I could have made the difference...But then, in the press, I get pretty crushed. I've gotten used to that as well, but it's true that the comments turn around surprisingly quickly. Maybe it's th efact that I'm getting close to 30. Some would probably prefer to see me stop. But if you look at the average, I think that around 32-33 years old we are still able to play tennis. That's what I think. Then, the results will prove me right or not.

Since 2005, Nadal, in 170 matches on clay has only lost 5 times, twice against you. That's impressive, no?
- Thanks for reminding me. As if I didn't know it (laughs). The strengh in his movement, in his FH, you know, I've often felt it weigh on me for hours and hours... Him too, he must have felt some shots from me that hurt him, but you're right, Rafa's achievements on clay is phenomenal. Evrytime, he does it again, endlessly, and last year he was downright perfect. It's just colossal! When he lost to Soderling at RG it was a big shock, we really didn't expect it. In the locker room, players are afraid of facing Rafa. We are not many to be able to worry him on clay. But in a great day, everything is still possible, I'm convinced of that.

Your goal in Monaco?
- I hope I'll win my 1st round, which is sometimes the hardest when we get back on clay. And then I hope I'll have a great tournement, getting better each round on little things, details, automatisms. But like I was telling you, I'm feeling really well in practice. I'm even surprised by it...

#1230 12-04-2011 15:35:47

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

PERFECT START INTO CLAY SEASON

Roger defeated Germany's Philipp Kohlschreiber (ATP 32) 6-2, 6-1 at his first round of the 1000-Masters in Monte Carlo today.

Our champion had Kohlschreiber running helplessly around centre court and wrapped up victory in just 50 minutes with his fifth ace of the match. Roger broke the German's serve early in both sets to give himself the advantage in each, and rescued the only break point against him with an ace.

Roger said after the match: "I'm really just getting a feeling again for playing on clay here on Monaco and then obviously the next two weeks when I'm not playing any tournaments it's going to be really important for me to get a sense of how well I'm hitting the ball. I really want to get some good practice in to be in great shape for Madrid and Rome."

Roger's next match will be on Thursday either against Marin Cilic or the winner of the match between Pere Riba and Potito Starace.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1231 14-04-2011 21:51:37

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

ROGER CRUISES INTO QUARTERS

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1104_Monaco_RolexGianni_Ciaccia_1__2_.jpg

Roger defeated Marin Cilic 6-4, 6-3 in Monte Carlo today and has booked his spot in the quarter-finals.

Roger continued his swift trek and needed only 36 minutes to win the first set. He was in control of the match even though he did face his only break point of the day in the opening game of set two. Both players recorded 13 winners, while Roger made only 10 mistakes, compared to 27 errors by Cilic. Our champ wrapped up the match after 70 minutes when Cilic's forehand sailed long.

"I thought Marin did well, actually," Roger commented after the match. "I thought he had a good mix going and I thought we were both serving well. I was really happy with the performance at the end."

On Friday, Roger will either face Jürgen Melzer (ATP 9) or Nicolas Almagro (ATP 12).

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … inale.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1232 15-04-2011 22:33:49

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

ROGER OUT IN QUARTERS

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1104_Monaco_RolexGianni_Ciaccia_1__2_.jpg

Roger dropped out of the Monte Carlo Masters after a 4-6, 4-6 defeat against Jürgen Melzer (ATP 9) in the quarter-finals today.

“He did well and played aggressive. He didn't give me many chances,” Roger said. “I didn't think I played terrible. It's the first week of play [on clay] so I didn't expect to play my best. It's been a solid tournament.”

Melzer had to be treated due to back problems after the first game. But he came out strong, pushing Roger into defense again and again, causing our champ to make a total of 24 unforced errors throughout the one hour 44 minute contest, not being able to convert any of the 7 break-points. The Austrian, in turn, took his two break point opportunities with gusto.

Roger will get back onto court in the beginning of May in Spain, where he will participate in the Mutua Madrileña Masters.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … ieden.html

Roger zakończył tym samym, ciągnącą się od Toronto, serię 13 kolejnych półfinałów.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1233 16-04-2011 19:05:15

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

ROGER RETURNS HOME TO REGROUP

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/A03B5284B01748BC979C5982AEC0B24B.ashx

Roger Federer dropped to a 24-5 match record on the season.
Roger Federer, who made a surprise quarter-final exit to Jurgen Melzer at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters on Friday, will now return to Switzerland for a couple of weeks to "get physically and mentally fit for the tough stretch ahead.

"I'll be back in Switzerland training on clay. Hopefully the weather is going to be okay so I get some chances to hit outdoors. I'm looking forward to going back home."

World No. 3 Federer dropped to a 24-5 match record on the season, highlighted by one ATP World Tour title at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open in Doha (d. Davydenko).

"It's always disappointing regardless against who you lose," said Federer, a three-time former runner-up to Rafael Nadal at the Monte-Carlo Country Club.

"I wish I could have gone further in the tournament. I got three matches. I'm pretty happy.

"I don't think I played terrible. Obviously, it was still the first week of clay, so I don't expect myself to play my very best. I think it's been a solid tournament.

"I think I should have definitely gotten one of the sets. Every time I had this slight opening, things didn't go my way. I thought he did well. He played aggressive, played the right way he was supposed to."

When asked whether Federer is losing his aura of invincibility, Melzer said: "I think you always have to respect Roger. This would be lack of respect from the players if you don't respect Roger. He's a great tennis player, what he has achieved in the past.

"He has played tennis on such a high level that for him being three in the world is a downgrade, which if you think about it, it's kind of stupid. For me, he's the greatest player that has ever played that game. For him to lose matches, it's every time a tragic. There is a lot of players out there that would love to be in his shirt going out of that locker room and being on the court."

Federer, a winner of 17 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles, is No. 7 on the Open Era match wins list (767) in tour-level play. He is next scheduled to play at the Mutua Madrid Open, an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament, from 2 May.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Home.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1234 17-04-2011 14:03:10

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Rome-Madrid schedule swap the perfect solution for Federer

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/2203.jpg

Swiss world No. 3 Roger Federer endorses the decision to have Rome as the last clay court Masters event before Roland Garros.

The 2011 spring schedule swap between Madrid and Rome Masters 1000 events has the full approval of Roger Federer, with the Swiss optimistic about his chances in the Roland Garros run-up period despite a surprise quarter-final exit in Monte Carlo to Austrian Jurgen Melzer.

Federer is getting back to polishing his clay game at home in Switzerland over the next fortnight. The No. 3 is more than satisfied with a new wrinkle in ATP planning which changed Rome and Madrid weeks.

Madrid, standing 1,000 meters above sea level, formerly ended six days before the start of the Grand Slam in Paris, a tough ask for player to acclimate to. Rome, the week before Madrid, stands at a more normal sea level.

So, in a fit of wisdom, the ATP reversed the two, with Madrid now starting a full fortnight before the French Open (May 1) with Rome commencing a week later on Sunday.

"We were never really happy that Madrid had the second slot because of the pre-French playing in altitude, it wasn't a smart thing. Now we have it in a better way, which I think some players are happy about.

"This year it changes around that Madrid has the first slot, which I think is clearly better for everybody," said Federer.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … or_Federer

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1235 19-04-2011 15:13:09

FEDEER

Federasta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer FOREVER

Mutua Madrileña Masters

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1104_Monaco_RolexGianni_Ciaccia_1__1_.jpg

Roger's next tournament is the Mutua Madrileña Masters in Madrid which starts on May 2nd 2011. Last year, Roger made it through to the final against Rafael Nadal where he was defeated 4-6, 6-7(5). Roger won the ATP-1000 tournament in 2006 and 2009, playing at least the semi-finals in the other years.

rogerfederer.com

Roger F e d e r e r    -    G O A T
MTT:  W Memphis '11
          Final: Sztokholm '10, Cincinnati '10, Estoril '11, Nicea '11, Halle '11
          QF: Shanghai '10, Paryż - Bercy '10, Brisbane '11, Sydney '11, AUSTRALIAN OPEN '11, San Jose '11, Madryt '11, Los Angeles '11

#1236 02-05-2011 12:17:25

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Roger back in Rotterdam

http://www.rogerfederer.com/typo3temp/pics/4cbf70d765.jpg

Today Tournament Director Richard Krajicek announced that Roger will return to Rotterdam to participate in the 39th ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament. This tournament will be played from 13 until 19 February 2012.

Richard Krajicek on Roger's participation: “We are very proud of the fact that Roger returns to Rotterdam. He is one of the most important athletes in sports in general, not only in tennis. He has always done very well in Rotterdam, with his victory in 2005 as one of the highlights in our 38 years history.”

Roger: “The ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament is one of the ‘special’ events for me on the ATP World Tour. In 1999, Rotterdam was one of my first big tournaments outside Switzerland. I look forward to finally being able to see my own name on the Winners Ring in the stadium, as it will be my first appearance since my victory in 2005.”

Roger has participated in the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament six times. Before winning the tournament in 2005, he reached the quarterfinals in 1999, 2002 and 2004, the semifinals in 2003 and was losing finalist in 2001 (against Nicolas Escudé). He last participated in 2005, the year in which the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament saw a record number of 108.030 visitors, winning one of the most exciting finals in the history of the tournament, 5-7, 7-5, 7-6 (5) against Ivan Ljubicic.

Roger has also been very successful in doubles. He won the doubles tournament in 2001 (with Jonas Björkman) and 2002 (with Max Mirnyi). The opponents for Roger in the ATP World Tour 500 event in Rotterdam are not known at this point in time. Over the next months the list of participants will be announced.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … erdam.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1237 02-05-2011 12:19:51

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Madrid: the draw

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1104_Monaco_RolexGianni_Ciaccia_1__7_.jpg

This week, Roger is playing the 1000-Masters in Madrid. He is in the same half of the draw as Rafael Nadal, winner of his last 34 matches on clay.

Roger, the number 3 seed, could meet Robin Söderling (ATP 5) in a possible quarter-final. Both players were the last to beat Rafael Nadal on clay - Söderling at Roland Garros in 2009 and our champ in Madrid two years ago.

As the winner of the tournament in 2006 and 2009, Roger has a bye into the second round, where he will either face Milos Raonic (ATP 27) or Feliciano Lopez (ATP 37). In the third round a duel with Spain's Fernando Verdasco (ATP 15) could be possible.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … osung.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1238 03-05-2011 11:33:48

Serenity

User

FEDERER FINDS FAMILY LIFE GETTING 'EASIER'

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/1957943360B74DD6988D996F9F0E8D62.ashx

Roger Federer has found a winning formula for balancing tennis with family life. He became the father of twin girls, Charlene Riva and Myla Rose, 22 months ago and, like many athletes with families, was challenged with maintaining his career while adjusting to his new parental role. “A year ago I thought was extremely tough just keeping them entertained for a long time over tough flights… I think it’s getting a bit easier now again,” the World No. 3 said Monday in Madrid.

Federer is seeded third at the Mutua Madrid Open, the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tennis tournament at which he claimed a rare clay-court win over Rafael Nadal in the 2009 final.

He and wife Mirka have found that staying in a location for a longer period of time has made the travel demands less problematic. “It sounds like a lot of tough traveling but you can make it easier on yourself,” Federer said. “These are really short trips of just one and a half hours. If I want to plan it that I way, I could stay here for, say, nine days, which is a long time, so you can make it work.”

Benefiting from his family’s company on the road, Federer still has the drive to win and compete at the highest level. “Once you reach a good level as a tennis player or for that matter win Grand Slams or become No. 1 in the world, it really fuels you with a motivation and energy,” stated Federer. “Clearly wanting to get that feeling back of how it feels winning big tournaments and how it feels to be right at the top of the game [is something] that I´ve been able to do it for so long.”

From a psychological standpoint, Federer believes he has no motivational barriers to continue playing for several years. “I think I've always been really good mentally all the way through, even though early on in my career that was my biggest weakness,” said the Swiss. “I'm happy that consistency is not an issue, motivation is not the issue and I really enjoy my time on tour and hope to do it for many more years to come.”

His motivation will need to be at an optimum level over the next few months, as he’s in a battle for No. 1 with Nadal and Novak Djokovic. “I thought Novak has had a good reaction since the US Open, losing the final against Rafa on a hard court, which you figure could have been Novak's big chance to win it,” assessed Federer. “He didn’t do it so he took it the right way and took the positives out of it and he's gone on a really great run since then.”

Added the 16-time major champion, “I think all of [us in] the Top 5 have been playing really well for the past nine months and there's been good times in the game right now and obviously Rafa on clay is in a league of his own, and that makes it interesting for the next few months right now.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … y-Man.aspx

#1239 05-05-2011 15:00:13

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Roger battles through

Roger battled to get through to the third round of the Madrid Open as he eben had to save a match point to defeat Feliciano Lopez 7-6 (13), 6-7(1), 7-6(7).

"I got a bit lucky tonight. I had my chances early on, so it would have really been a tough loss," Roger said. "It was a tough match. I guess it will help me for the French Open, I did spend three hours on clay."

The two players were on court for almost three hours as Roger served 25 aces - his highest ever mark outside a grand slam event. Roger captured the first set of a very levelled match 15-13, did not manage to hold up in the second as he was beaten 1-7 and eventually came through 9-7 in the final set.

Roger will meet Xavier Malisse (ATP 49) in the next match on Thursday.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … durch.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1240 06-05-2011 15:56:42

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Roger cruises into quarters

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1104_Monaco_RolexGianni_Ciaccia_1__1_.jpg

Roger defeated Xavier Malisse today 6-4, 6-3 and has booked his spot in the quarter-finals.

Roger played much more flexible today - just a few hours after his victory over Spain's Feliciano Lopez. He was in control of the match. He struggled only once when Malisse fought his way back into the first set but Roger eventually took it 6-4. After 70 minutes, Roger won the match with his first match ball.

"I was really happy with my performance," said Roger after the match. "I'm looking forward to the next round. Xavier is a great player, who is capable of great shots so it is very nice to get through."

In the quarter-finals, Roger will face the winner of the match between Robin Söderling and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Roger leads the head-to-head 15-1 against Söderling, and 3-1 against Tsonga.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … etzen.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

Stopka forum

RSS