Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1281 09-06-2011 17:53:16

Serenity

User

Re: Roger Federer

Coach Annacone likes Federer chances for a long career

http://tennistalk.com/images/article/1674.jpg

Coach Paul Annacone says his client Roger Federer needs only careful planning to extend his career, with the Swiss player's coach convinced his all-star client can have a long shelf-life in the game.

For the one-time mentor of Pete Sampras, tournament scheduling is key for the world No. 3. "The strength and conditioning people, if you talk to (them) -- at 29 years old, he can still do it. There's no question," he told ESPN. "The idea is to structure your schedule so you're playing your best tennis here, and in Wimbledon, New York. If you do that, things will go just right."

Federer withdrew from his scheduled start at this week's grass tune-up in Halle, Germany, an event he has won five times. The losing French Open finalist to Rafael Nadal cited concerns over a groin strain as his reason.

He was spotted with his wife and twin daughters this week in Zurich on a day out to the zoo and actually riding a public tram.

Annacone expects to start training with 16-time Grand Slam winner Federer within days at Wimbledon, which begins a week from Monday.

The coach said that Federer's semi-final defeat of Novak Djokovic in Paris which brought an end to the Serb's phenomenal 41-match win streak from 2011 proves that Federer remains a potent forced in the game.

"Everyone's talking about how that's one of the highest level matches they've ever seen. That proves he's still there, and he's worked really hard to stay there and maintain that level, so I don't think there's any reason why he can't keep repeating that."

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110609/ … ong_career

#1282 15-06-2011 10:29:05

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Wimbledon. Wygrana Federera wzbogaci organizację humanitarną

Jeżeli Roger Federer po raz siódmy wygra wielkoszlemowy Wimbledon, międzynarodowa organizacja humanitarna Oxfam otrzyma ponad 100 tysięcy funtów. Stanie się tak na mocy testamentu pewnego hazardzisty.

W 2003 roku, kiedy Roger Federer wygrywał Wimbledon po raz pierwszy w karierze, niejaki Nick Newlife postawił w zakładach Williama Hilla 1520 funtów na to, że Szwajcar zwycięży w prestiżowym turnieju siedmiokrotnie. Bukmacher oszacował wówczas takie zdarzenie na bardzo mało prawdopodobne i zobowiązał się wypłacić 66 funtów za każdego postawionego. W przypadku wygranej daje to kwotę ponad 100 tysięcy funtów czyli około 160 tysięcy dolarów

Newlife zmarł w 2009 roku w wieku 59 lat. Parę miesięcy później Federer wygrał Wimbledon po raz szósty, pokonując w dramatycznym pięciosetowym finale Amerykanina Andyego Roddicka. Jak ujawnił dziennik "Daily Mail", zmarły jako kawaler Newlife zostawił jednak testament, w którym wszystkie ewentualne wygrane z postawionych zakładów przeznaczył na rzecz międzynarodowej organizacji humanitarnej Oxfam.

Rzecznik firmy William Hill Graham Sharpe przyznał, że w przypadku siódmego triumfu Federera organizacji zostanie wypłacona kwota 101 840 funtów. Jeżeli 29-letniemu Szwajcarowi nie uda się wygrać w tym roku, nie przekreśli to szans na realizację zakładu. Jest on ważny do 2019 roku.

http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,107387,9785 … tarna.html

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#1283 16-06-2011 01:53:58

Blue

User

Roger w nowej reklamie. Tym razem padło na motoryzację. Troszkę sztuczna

#1284 16-06-2011 12:22:38

Jules

User

Właśnie świetna

#1285 18-06-2011 10:35:18

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wimbledon: the draw

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1105_RolandGarros_PZ_Training__2_.jpg

The draw for Wimbledon is out! Roger will start against Mikhail Kukushkin (ATP 60) from Kazakhstan, against whom he has never played before. In the second round, he could take on France's Adrian Mannarino (ATP 53) or a qualifier. After that David Nalbandian (ATP 24) could be up. Both players have not played against Roger since 2008. In the next round, our champ could meet Nicolas Almagro (ATP 15) or Mikhail Youzhny (ATP 17). In the quarterfinals, a meeting with David Ferrer (6 ATP) is possible.

In the semifinals, our six-time Wimbledon champion could again face Novak Djokovic (ATP 2). They just met in Paris when Roger ended Djokovic's winning streak of 41 wins in series.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … osung.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#1286 18-06-2011 19:54:14

jaccol55

Administrator

FEDERER EXPECTING CLOSE-RUN CHAMPIONSHIPS

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/64F5EF3992D14D7FBBE24CDA586DC7C5.ashx
Roger Federer is chasing
a record-equalling seventh
Wimbledon title.

Six-time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer believes The Championships this year will be a close-run contest, with all of the World’s Top 4 feeling confident about their grass-court games. Andy Murray comes into Wimbledon having just won his second Queen’s Club title, Rafael Nadal is a two-time Wimbledon champion, while Novak Djokovic has reached the semi-finals at the All England Club twice.

"I think that's maybe something that's a bit different than in the past, where maybe one of the top four guys wouldn't feel so comfortable on grass," said Federer on Saturday at his pre-tournament press conference. "But this year it seems like all of us are, which is a good thing.

"I think as time went by, [Rafael] Nadal showed how good he was; won a couple times here in the meantime. [Andy] Murray's game is very natural for this surface. I think [Novak] Djokovic has always been great, but nothing extraordinary yet. But with the run he's on, obviously there's a lot of possibilities for him as well here."

The Swiss comes into Wimbledon fully recovered from the groin strain he picked up in reaching the Roland Garros final, where he finished runner-up to Nadal after ending Djokovic’s 41-match unbeaten start to the year in the semi-finals. More records are on the line for Federer at Wimbledon, with the chance to equal Pete Sampras’ tally of seven titles at the All England Club.

"Obviously that’s something very special and important at this point really," said Federer. "I feel good about myself, about my body. I'm happy about my game, and I am happy it showed in Paris. Obviously I come into this tournament very confident.

"After that I hope I get into the tournament a bit better than last year where I almost lost in the first round (against Alejandro Falla). That's the concern I have right now, not trying to break all these different records. I mean, it's nice they're somewhat close, but still they're far. I still have a lot of work to put in these next couple of weeks."

The 29-year-old Federer is a winner of 11 tour-level grass-court titles and has reached the final at Wimbledon in seven of the past eight years; his only blemish on that record was a quarter-final loss to Tomas Berdych last year. Preparing for his 13th assault on The Championships, Federer is unconcerned by a lack of grass-court match play leading in, and is pleased with the transition he has made from the clay in practice.

"The first time I hit here on Monday, very easily, like right away after 10 minutes, it feels so natural for me to play on grass," he said. "I hope that feeling is going to pay off by going deep and then hopefully winning the tournament here."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … eview.aspx

#1287 19-06-2011 19:27:18

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Reuters Q & A - Federer back to reclaim his crown=2

REUTERS: In less than two months you turn 30? Are you dreading it?
FEDERER: "No, no problem. I can only smile about it. Do I feel 30? I guess I do. I feel ripe like a grape for (a good quality) wine. I feel like I'm in a really nice place right now. Everybody who's 20 wants to stay 20 and everybody who turns 30 wants to stay 30. That's the feeling I get. It's a wonderful age to be. You've already experienced a lot but there's still a lot to come. It's a wonderful age and I'm looking forward to the next 10 years."

REUTERS: What has been your lowest point in your tennis career?
FEDERER: "I have had a few tough losses and the other night I was having dinner and (my friends) were saying 'oh I remember that loss, and this one and that one and this one' and I was like 'oh God, we're only talking about my losses.' With all the 950 plus matches I have played, I've had a lot of losses and a lot of heart breaks. To pick the toughest one, was it here against Nadal (in the 2008 five-set final described as the best ever tennis match)? Possibly, but at the same time it was such a special match to be part of it doesn't hurt as much down the stretch. In the very moment it hurts but not later on."

REUTERS: How does Roger Federer the tennis player differ from Roger Federer the father?
FEDERER: "I'm as patient a father as I am on the tennis court. It takes a lot for me to get really upset but sometimes kids can get you really cross if they really keep bugging you. As they get older, they push the limits more. So it's more a matter of setting boundaries for the kids then getting really upset with them. But you have to pretend that you're a little bit upset sometimes.

"I really enjoy time with the kids and I'm really happy I've only missed them for three weeks in the last two years. I've been very fortunate to have such a wonderful wife (Mirka) who is so supportive and so willing to pack all the bags and come on the road with us and make it work. It's a lot of organisation but I don't want to be away from the kids, I don't want to be away from Mirka and it's just a nice time and I wouldn't want to miss it for the world. I think I'm patient, good husband and good father but your have to ask others about it."

REUTERS: Are you a strict dad?
FEDERER: "I think the strictness will grow as they grow, unfortunately for them."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/19062011/2/r … own-2.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#1288 21-06-2011 22:14:28

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Roger did a good job

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1106_cs_video2.jpg

For Credit Suisse’s new Swiss advertisement campaign, Roger tried his hand successfully at acting. Watch the spot here or the making of here.

https://bonviva.credit-suisse.com/Home/ … fault.aspx
http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … video.html

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … figur.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1289 21-06-2011 22:17:07

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Roger with a strong start

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1103_Miami_pz__3_.JPG

Roger has made a strong start into this year's tournament in Wimbledon with a 7-6(2), 6-4, 6-2 victory over Mikhail Kukushkinof of Kazakhstan.

"I thought I struggled putting enough returns into play in the first set but I thought he played very well and made it hard for me," Roger said. "He served well but I served very well myself. It was actually quite tricky on one end, very windy, which made it difficult to time the ball well but overall I'm pleased with my performance."

Roger's serve worked very well and helped him through the opening set. He still had to play strong to go all the way into the tie-brek which he clearly dominated 7-2 to take the set. Roger managed to hold an early break in the second set as he fought off break-points a bit later on. The last set seemed easy as he even seemed to test out a few things for the further matches at his favourite tournament.

Roger will meet the winner of the match between Adrian Mannarino and Conor Niland on Thursday. He has never played against either of the players.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … ftakt.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1290 22-06-2011 00:40:14

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Federer Eases Past Kukushkin

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/230367B03ACF47A9A9F718DA10E6A597.ashx
Federer improved to a 56-6
record at Wimbledon with his
win Tuesday.

Six-time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer opened his quest for a record-tying seventh crown with a 7-6(2), 6-4, 6-2 win against Mikhail Kukushkin Tuesday at the All England Club.

"It feels like if things go well for me, I can go extremely far here; whereas at Roland Garros. I feel it's a bit more on other opponents' racquets," said Federer. "But here I feel it's a bit more on mine. That's why I'll always play with some pressure here at Wimbledon just because of the occasion and what it means to me really. I was nervous going out in today's match really."

After a close first set, the Swiss pulled away from his unseeded opponent, breaking Kukushkin three times in seven opportunities to take the match in one hour and 42 minutes. The World No. 3 was dominant on serve, winning 89 per cent of his first serve points, hitting 11 aces in the process.

"I thought I played a good match," said Federer. "Tough conditions. It was really windy out there. I think he played a good match and made it competitive, which I thought was fun. The first rounds here at Wimbledon on Centre Court are never easy. They're somewhat nerve-wracking because you don't get a chance to practise on the Centre Courts here. So I'm happy I was able to come through in three sets this time around."

Seeded outside the top two for the first time since 2003, when he won his first Wimbledon trophy as the No. 4 seed, Federer is looking to equal Pete Sampras’ Open Era record of seven Wimbledon titles; William Renshaw also claimed seven crowns from 1881-1889. Tuesday’s win sees the 16-time major champion improve his record at the event to 56-6.

The Swiss next faces 55th-ranked Frenchman Adrian Mannarino, who came back to defeat qualifier Conor Niland 4-6, 6-4, 7-6(7), 4-6, 6-4. Niland, the first Irishman to play in the Wimbledon main draw since 1984, had built a double-break lead in the fifth set before Mannarino roared back to take the final five games.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … shkin.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#1291 22-06-2011 00:46:17

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Federer: "I Can Go Extremely Far Here"

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/AD4E0D55E63B49328B30BC2D66BC6491.ashx
Federer believes the conditions at SW19 have changed dramatically the past 10 years.

Roger Federer believes that his 2011 Wimbledon destiny remains firmly in his own hands, hinting that his best form – if he can produce it when it counts - will be good enough to beat chief rivals Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic for a record-tying seventh title. In a candid admission Tuesday, Federer contrasted his confidence on grass with his assessment of his recent run at Roland Garros.

"It feels like if things go well for me, I can go extremely far here; whereas at the French Open I feel it's a bit more on other opponents' racquets. But here I feel it's a bit more on mine."

Accompanying that self belief is the pressure of knowing that this is likely Federer's best chance of the year to win a Grand Slam title. "I've won the tournament six times. That's why I'll always play with some pressure here at Wimbledon just because of the occasion and what it means to me. I was nervous going out in today's match really," admitted Federer.

After breaking through for his first Grand Slam title in 2003 at the All England Club, Federer has amassed 16 Grand Slam titles, six of which have come at Wimbledon. Should he claim this year’s title, he’ll tie Pete Sampras’ Open Era record of seven crowns, a record Federer would be proud to share with the American. "Obviously tying Pete in any stats means you're right up there with maybe the greatest, one of the greatest players of all times, and that's always a nice thing."

Added the Swiss, “Winning Wimbledon alone without any records is amazing. Whatever it is, it's positive. Right now I just won my first match, so six more to go. I have to take it one at a time.”

Federer, who is making his 13th consecutive appearance at Wimbledon, made his major mark at The Championships in 2000, when he stunned Sampras in five sets to knock out the four-time defending champion. Reflecting on that match, Federer noted that the conditions have changed dramatically since his famous victory over Sampras 11 years ago. "The conditions have slowed down immensely over the years," said Federer.

"The surfaces are much slower now, so you need to find different ways of winning the point, which is fine. I like to grind it out and go through 10, 20 shot rallies sometimes to win the point and break the opponent's will down. The game has definitely changed with strings and balls over the last 10 years."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … stiny.aspx

#1292 22-06-2011 20:49:54

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

R. Federer bt M. Kukushin 7-6, 6-4, 6-2

Q. Much change from last year's first round?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, but the result was the same: I was able to win. But, of course, it's nice to win in straight sets. I thought I played a good match. Tough conditions. It was really windy out there.

The first rounds here at Wimbledon on Centre Court are never easy. They're somewhat nerve wracking because you don't get a chance to practice on the Centre Courts here. So I'm happy I was able to come through in three sets this time around.

Q. The Centre Court was thrilled by your performance today. How satisfying was it to you? How far do you feel you got into the tournament in terms of happiness with your game?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, I think the first round for me, it's a matter of playing solid and coming through really. I mean, it's maybe in a second round match where I can say more about my level of play. I mean, I think I'm playing well. Look, I'm serving well, moving well.

But obviously, you know, I struggled early on in the first set to get any read on his serve, even though he's not the biggest server. But he served consistent. You know, Centre Court, the surroundings were just a bit off in the beginning, and he did well. That made it difficult.

But then I never really struggled on my serve. I was able to actually cruise almost, you know, through lots of my service games. That then maybe probably relaxed me at times maybe a bit too much. But overall it was a good performance. I was very happy with the match today.

Like I said, conditions were tough. It was really tricky winds out there, which made it also tricky sometimes to time the ball well from the baseline.

I think he played a good match and made it competitive, which I thought was fun.

Q. You've played almost 50 Grand Slams consecutively, no retirements in your career, no major injuries. What's the secret? How do you explain that?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, I don't know. Look, I've had injuries along the way. But here 10 years ago actually when I played Sampras and Henman, I was injured on my groin, which then I had to rest for six weeks, sort of once Gstaad was over after Wimbledon. But I was able to play. I twisted my ankle. I've had other back issues, some other problems throughout my career, which is completely normal.

But it never really, you know, happened in a time during a Grand Slam or in maybe, you know, huge, important match. I was always able to play, even with pain. I think that's something also you learn as a tennis player is, you know, to play with that.

Many matches during my career I've had, you know, pain and issues and whatever, but they don't affect me to the extent that I can't walk on court except once against Blake in Paris. I've been fortunate and I think smart over the years. Today I know my body very well, how much it can take and what it cannot take.

But I've always been able to play full schedules, never missing a part of the season, let's say the indoors, you know, not missing, I don't know, the American tournaments or whatever. I've always been playing from January to November for 12 years basically. That I'm somewhat proud of, I guess.

Q. You talked in Paris about having less pressure. I'm wondering if you feel differently now that you're on this surface, at this tournament, and also your performance in Paris? Do you feel like some of that has shifted back over to you?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, I think everybody was talking about less pressure just because of Novak and Rafa. That honestly had nothing to do with me. I think what gave me less pressure in Paris was for years I was always trying to win the French Open, and then finally I did make it, so then I came back as defending champion. Then you have more pressure. That was sort of the second year after I won it.

So I wasn't the defending champion. I wasn't chasing the French Open for the first time. I think that just made it that I had less pressure.

I definitely think also here it's somewhat similar. I can play with a bit less pressure, but at the same time I want to do so well here at Wimbledon because it's some of the big highlights for me during the season, and I've won the tournament six times.

So it feels like if things go well for me, I can go extremely far here; whereas at the French Open I feel it's a bit more on other opponents' racquets. But here I feel it's a bit more on mine. That's why I'll always play with some pressure here at Wimbledon just because of the occasion and what it means to me really. I was nervous going out in today's match really.

Q. Would it mean a lot to you to tie Pete, especially because you're working with Paul?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah. I mean, it has nothing to do with Paul. But obviously tying Pete in any stats means you're right up there with maybe the greatest, one of the greatest players of all times, and that's always a nice thing.

Winning Wimbledon alone without any records is amazing. Whatever it is, it's positive. Right now I just won my first match, so six more to go. I have to take it one at a time.

Q. You spoke about the longevity of your career. What at this point is the motivation that makes you want to perform and keep on coming back? Has that changed?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I think it definitely changes. I think from 18 to 23 to 27 to 32 to whatever after that, you go through different stages of your career.

I mean, later it's somewhat easier because you don't have to break through so much. But you have to prove yourself over and over again to people who just need to see it and be reminded.

For yourself, if you're enjoying it, which is the case with me, and you're physically fit and healthy, I mean, then there is, you know, a lot of chances for me to do great things. I really enjoy it.

I have no problems with the travelling. I love playing against the new generation, you know, with all these young guys around me and stuff, even though they're not that young either anymore. But they're doing great.

I think it's one of the, you know, healthy times in tennis. Even though when I came in, it was fantastic, having Pete and Andre and Henman and Krajicek around, Ivanisevic. Now times have changed and you play against different players. That sometimes takes some getting used to.

Now I really enjoy it. I love playing against those guys, trying to, you know, prove my point, show how good I really am. That's fun. That's what I'm working hard for in the off seasons and try to show it on the match courts.

Q. Your game has a great deal of power, but you're also known for how you play with balance. Talk about that quality in your game. Does that give you a great deal of pleasure playing the game, and has that helped you in terms of injuries?

ROGER FEDERER: I think it has helped me with injuries, yes, that my game is somewhat casual, but in a good way, because I had to work on my casualness. I was very quickly pointed out that if I'm losing I'm not trying, and if I'm winning it's an amazing situation.

So I had to really tie my game together, you know, make it solid casual, really. I think I was able to do that. I worked extremely hard on my fitness and on my mental part of the game. All those things eventually came together and I started to be able to glide around the court with little effort and be very explosive, though.

I think that's what I've done really well. I mean, I think it almost comes out the most on grass today. For instance, when I played, I feel so natural on it. You can cut the points short if you want to. You can play aggressive, you can hit two shot tennis, which then creates some very different type of points.

That's the kind of stuff I love doing. Unfortunately, all the conditions have slowed down immensely over the years. The surfaces are much slower now, so you need to find different ways of winning the point, which is fine. I like to grind it out and go through 10 , 20 shot rallies sometimes to win the point and break the opponent's will down. The game has definitely changed with strings and balls over the last 10 years.

Q. You spoke about the game slowing down. Given that the weather has been typically London, the forecast isn't for one of those really hot summers, does that alter the way the tournament goes for you? Does it play into your hands?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, I mean, look, I guess in some ways I would like to play indoors here for a change, just that I've gotten to know those conditions. But then again, that's what it is. You know, it's the same for both.

Nobody has a huge advantage right now if it goes indoors because nobody's really been there that often. I've played indoors at Halle before on grass. I have somewhat of an idea.

At the end of the day, it is grass and I'm sure the conditions are very much similar, just that maybe the sounds are a bit different and you're not outdoors anymore. You can get a bit unlucky if you're scheduled on the outside courts if not Centre Court. You get maybe pushed forward, like other guys had to finish today and they have to play again tomorrow.

If you get stuck with a tough five setter, you have to come back the next day, which can make it tricky. I've worked hard in my life that I know I can do that, too. You have to be ready for those situations really.

Q. I'm thinking of when it's 80 or 90 degrees for two weeks, and the court dries out a lot more.

ROGER FEDERER: Oh, no, for me that has no impact really, the way the court plays. And heat is never going to be Australia like or America like. So for me that wouldn't be a problem anyway.

At the end, it's grass. You take little steps. The ball bounces lower than at other slams. Harder or softer for me, doesn't make a big difference.

Q. Do you plan to watch the Isner/Mahut match? Do you expect if it goes on after 6:00 it will finish?

ROGER FEDERER: I don't know when they're playing. I'll try to watch. I hope they can show it on TV, some of it. I think in some ways it's a crazy idea that they're playing again, you know.

But it's wonderful. I think it's great for the fans who missed it last year to just at least go show respect to those guys who hung in there. Isner, who couldn't come out and serve an ace anymore the following match, it was quite rough to watch actually.

My feelings are this is just going to be a somewhat of a normal match, four sets. I hope I'm wrong. I hope it goes again the distance. But it would be rough on them to go through two Wimbledons like that to break each other like that in the first round.

Look, it's great news. I'll try to watch them. I hope it finishes today for them.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 66311.html

#1293 23-06-2011 18:17:45

jaccol55

Administrator

Ciekawe co wymyślą następnym razem...

#1294 24-06-2011 09:18:30

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

A perfect performance

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1106_Wimbledon_pz_1__8_.jpg

Roger did not have to work too hard today, defeating Adrian Mannarino 6-2, 6-3, 6-2 in 88 minutes to move on to round three.

"I've played on centre court for 10 straight years and it was really enjoyable, as usual, to be back there. I thought conditions were fantastic from start to finish. It was really perfect," Roger said. "It took me some time to get used to him, but I thought I played really, really well."

Roger's serve worked very well again today. He secured a break upon the first opportunity given in all three sets with Mannarino needing quite some time to score his first points on Roger's serve. All in all, it was an excellent display by our champ today under the roof in Wimbledon.

Roger will now meet 2002 Wimbledon finalist David Nalbandian on Saturday.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … rfekt.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1295 24-06-2011 14:24:28

jaccol55

Administrator

FEDERER SIGNALS TITLE INTENT WITH DOMINANT DISPLAY

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/9A80CCC9E76F490F81A514A9E5D1D6B5.ashx
Roger Federer needed just 88 minutes
to dismiss Adrian Mannarino.

After the dramas on Centre Court earlier Thursday, World No. 3 Roger Federer expended minimum fuss to secure his place in the Wimbledon third round, dismissing France’s Adrian Mannarino 6-2, 6-3, 6-2.

The Swiss is chasing a record-equalling seventh Wimbledon men’s singles title and stayed on course as he hit 38 winners to just 10 unforced errors and broke Mannarino’s serve five times in the 88-minute rout.

"I think I served great in the beginning and was able to sort of keep that going for the remainder of the match," said Federer. "From the baseline I think I was solid, so it was a really good match. I think the French Open was just proof that I'm in good shape and physically and mentally in a good place. Unfortunately, I couldn't win it, but I didn't get pulled down by losing in the finals. I hope I can make a run here."

Six of the 29-year-old Federer’s Open Era record 11 grass-court titles have come at the All England Club, with victories over Mark Philippoussis in 2003, Andy Roddick in 2004-2005 and 2009, and Rafael Nadal in 2006-2007.

The Basel native is bidding to win his 17th Grand Slam championship, what would be his first since defeating Andy Murray in the 2010 Australian Open final. Three weeks ago, Federer finished runner-up to Nadal in the Roland Garros final, and, having injured his groin in Paris, did not play a grass-court event in preparation for Wimbledon for just the third time in his career.

Federer goes on to face Argentina’s David Nalbandian, against whom he has a 10-8 career record. It will be their first grass-court meeting.

Looking ahead to the clash, Federer said, "We had some really close matches, big matches actually against each other. I'm looking forward to that match. I think it's a wonderful third round. I wish I could have had an easier one maybe, but I know the danger against him. He can prove his point. If he's weaker or stronger than three years ago or eight years ago, we'll find out. But I'll be as well prepared as I can be and hope I can beat him."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … rough.aspx

#1296 26-06-2011 00:53:01

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Roger cruises through

http://www.rogerfederer.com/fileadmin/user_upload_com/2011/News/1106_Wimbledon_pz_Training__28_.jpg

Roger won his match against David Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 today to make his way into week two in Wimbledon.

"The guy has beaten me eight times so he knows how to beat me a ninth time. But I had a good level today and I served extremely well and I am very pleased. I'm playing better than last year and I'm more confident on my serve and comfortable on the baseline," said Roger after the match.

Our six-time Wimbledon champion started the match excellently, making use of his second break point to take a lead in game number three. But Nalbandian, too, seized his chances in the opening set, breaking Roger in the sixth game - Roger's first break in Wimbledon this year. Nalbandian fought hard but Roger always just had that necessary edge to finally take home the match after 106 minutes.

Roger will meet Michail Juschni (ATP 17) in the fourth round.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news … eiter.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#1297 26-06-2011 11:09:10

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

R. Federer bt. A. Mannarino 6 2, 6 3, 6 2

Q. Good workout for you?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I thought it was a good match for me. I think I was able to set the tone early and stick to my game plan. Sort of as I was trying to figure him out I was already in the lead, which is obviously helpful. It makes you be loose enough then mentally to move on really quickly, and I thought it was a good match.

I think I served great in the beginning and was able to sort of keep that going for the remainder of the match. From the baseline I think I was solid, so it was a really good match.

Q. You obviously played very well at the French. Are you pleased with how you've continued here?

ROGER FEDERER: I think I've played well for a year now. I think the French Open was just proof that I'm in good shape and physically and mentally in a good place.

Unfortunately, I couldn't win it, but I didn't get pulled down by losing in the finals. I hope I can make a run here.

Q. It's your second match on grass. Do you feel you've already made all the adjustments that you want, that you feel at home?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, look, like you say, grass court season can be over very quickly. That's why I'm happy I'm hanging around. I got through my first two matches here. Now obviously the draw should get a lot tougher.

You know, I'm through the first round, which is important with the body to get a feel for how to move, and then also, you know, the muscle pain creeps in because you haven't played a match in a year on this surface.

That's why I'm happy I'm physically fine and looking forward to a third match here.

Q. How do you feel about the ceiling?

ROGER FEDERER: The ceiling, I think it was nice. Honestly, from start to finish it felt the same, even though outside it was getting darker from the light perspective.

And then from the movement, it felt like it was outdoors. There's no humidity inside. It was a good atmosphere. I mean, if the crowd would be talking just a little bit during the points and so forth, I think it would resonate quite a lot and it would be loud.

But, like, this, I mean, they're very disciplined, the crowd. And then when the point is over they applaud really nice and it becomes a really nice atmosphere actually. So I think it was a special moment for me in my career, I guess, playing indoors here at Wimbledon.

I'm happy I managed to play a good match under the circumstances.

Q. In Paris you mentioned the importance of the mental side of the game. Talk about that. Is that something you've worked on and improved on?

ROGER FEDERER: I don't know if there's more improvement. I just think you adjust to new challenges and new situations.

But I think obviously it used to be more of a weakness. You know, I think I was talking Pat Rafter today. When we played at the French Open he remembered the match I was up a set and I was just 18 years old and I wasn't expected to win. I think I got broken in the second set, and I was like, Oh, God, what am I doing?

Next thing you know, obviously I'm losing 6 2, 6 0, 6 3. I was very mental. I had a lot of respect for the older generation who were already accomplished. Obviously stars like Pat were, for me, people I really looked up to, even though I knew I could beat them. Mentally I was not so solid.

I'm happy to see how far I've come. I've worked hard and try to put in a good effort day in, day out on the practice court, which helps you to do that also in a match situation, which obviously now I've proven over many, many years.

Q. Do you have special mental exercises that you practice?

ROGER FEDERER: No, I don't. Never have.

Q. On the roof, a lot of the other players who played under it said the conditions were slower. Did you not feel that was the case?

ROGER FEDERER: I think they feel slower because, you know, it's indoors and it feels like you can see the ball clearer. You don't have the element of the sun and the wind, which makes the conditions to me a bit faster.

Does the ball fluff up? I don't know. I didn't feel that way, to be honest. Maybe the way the ball resonates you feel it's a bit of a heavier ball probably by hitting it. I'm not sure.

To me it felt pretty similar. It's grass at the end of the day. The ball stays low. If you play it well, you can really use it to your advantage. I don't think the difference was massive.

Q. One thing people do say about the toss a little bit inside is that they're finding issues with the lights. Have you noticed anything like that?

ROGER FEDERER: No. Look, I've played in so many different places with the sun being so many funny places that this is easy. That was fine.

Q. You play now against David Nalbandian. You've played many times against him. This is not the same Nalbandian as years ago. But what do you remember from those moments and what do you expect for the match on Saturday?

ROGER FEDERER: We've come a long way from playing the first time. I guess it was the US Open finals in the juniors back in '98. In juniors I could play him. But then after that, when we came on tour, we had some really close matches, big matches actually against each other.

But he always had sort of the better end, at the end of the matches, just because he was so tough early on. He made the finals here in 2002. So he was sort of a bit I mean, plus he's a bit younger than me.

With his game he was more successful earlier just because I still had some work to do, some figuring out how I was really going to play. I used to panic and run to the net against him because I felt I couldn't hang with him from the baseline. That just made it difficult for me to play against him early on.

Later on I really started to enjoy the challenge against him because he's one of the cleanest ball strikers in the game. His backhand is obviously, you know, a shot like almost no other on tour. All the players admire that shot especially.

I mean, I'm looking forward to that match. I think it's a wonderful third round. I wish I could have had an easier one maybe, but I know the danger against him. He can prove his point. If he's weaker or stronger than three years ago or eight years ago, we'll find out.

But I'll be as well prepared as I can be and hope I can beat him.

Q. At the moment, you can play till 11:00 with the roof. Do you think it would be fun to be able to play to midnight or beyond?

ROGER FEDERER: No. I think 11:00 is plenty. It's already tough enough with the schedule. If you finish at midnight, 1:00, 2:00 in the morning which I have in the past as well you go to bed at 4:30, sleep till noon, your whole schedule is messed up. Turnaround is pretty quick, even though you have a day off, even though sometimes you don't.

I think 11:00 is okay. I don't think Wimbledon should be having night sessions, all that stuff. I mean, it is an outdoor, day tournament. So I think that's where also with the roof, I don't think we should keep the roof the whole time open.

I know they're probably facing some criticism because they could have played through long stretches of many matches outdoors today. But they'll figure it out. Over the years, it will all be okay. In the beginning, it's normal. It takes some getting used to. The weather is really unpredictable at this point.

Q. Jimmy Connors the other day made kind of a Jimmy Connors type point saying he felt the rivalries in this era were soft. Can you talk about that.

ROGER FEDERER: It's hard for me to talk about his generation because I don't remember him much from playing. I mean, I was hitting with a junior the other day, and he didn't remember seeing any matches of Pete. It's like, C'mon. The guy just played 10 years ago. That's how quick it goes, unfortunately.

I can only talk about it from hearing. But obviously the rules have changed quite drastically. So we're not allowed to do all sort of crazy stuff out on the court, otherwise we get penalised, fined, all that stuff. You don't want to be a bad sport either toward your opponent.

If that's what he means, I can understand some points with him. But it's not as easy as it seems. I think we play with a lot of respect for the game still, which I think is most important, to be quite honest, that we respect what has been done before, like, for instance, from players like Connors and McEnroe, Laver, back to when it all started really.

I think that's very important that we don't forget the roots of the game. Every generation is different. Our rivalries are different. They might be different in five to ten years. You have to enjoy the ones that are happening at the moment.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 74103.html

#1298 27-06-2011 16:42:58

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Federer back in Swiss team

http://www.daviscup.com/ITF/Plugins/ImageGen/ImageGen.ashx?image=/media/49094/49094_BigPicture.jpg&constrain=True&height=293&width=520

It's official. Roger Federer will be part of the Swiss team that will play the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas tie against Portugal next month in Berne. The Swiss Tennis Association has confirmed that the team will be formed by Federer, Stanislas Wawrinka, Stephane Bohli and Marco Chiudinelli.

The Swiss player has adhered to the plans revealed in an announcement on his personal website last March. "I've decided I'm going to play the Davis Cup tie in July at home against Portugal. I'm really looking forward to helping Switzerland begin the process of getting back into the World Group," said the 16-time Grand Slam champion.

The Swiss team is currently competing in Europe/Africa Group I after suffering a comprehensive 5-0 loss to Kazakhstan in last year’s World Group play-offs. This means that the Central Europeans will need to win their next two ties if they are to fulfil their objective of playing in next year's World Group.

Federer played his last Davis Cup tie in the 2009 World Group play-offs against Italy. The Swiss maestro won his two singles matches back then and helped his country keep its place in the top tier of the competition. The importance of his contribution is highlighted by the fact that the team has lost all the ties played since then.

The Swiss champion has played a total of 48 Davis Cup rubbers throughout his career with a win-loss record of 37-11. His best result came in 2003 when Switzerland reached the semifinals and lost against a powerful Australian team led by Lleyton Hewitt and Mark Philippoussis.

The presence of a player like Federer increases Switzerland's chances of achieving its first Davis Cup title. Although the world No. 3 is clearly the most successful member of the team, the Swiss captain, Severin Luthi, can also rely on another competitive player, Stanislas Wawrinka, currently world No. 14. The partnership between these two players could give the Swiss team the status of a potential contender for the title in years to come.

http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/article … -team.aspx

#1299 27-06-2011 16:51:16

jaccol55

Administrator

Przestaną się nad nim pastwić w końcu.

#1300 27-06-2011 22:17:49

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

R. Federer bt. D. Nalbandian 6 4, 6 2, 6 4
Q. Would you say you have been really tested since you arrived at Wimbledon?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, yes. I thought today was a particularly good performance by my side, on my serve again. Just mentally, you know, having lost to him, you know, eight times before, you know, I knew that he could beat me a ninth time without any problem.

So that's also where the pressure is greater against a player like him because maybe he's not going to win the tournament, but he can knock you out of the tournament. That's a danger against a player like him.

I thought he was also playing a bit like myself, first strike tennis. The rallies weren't that long, but when they were being played, I think the ball was being hit very hard and very clean by him, as we know.

I'm very happy with today's match. I think I played a great match.

Q. Were you worried at any stage?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, yes. I mean, first set when he broke back, second set maybe not so much, and then in the third, uhm, always if he would have gone up a break. But I was able to serve well.

Yeah, I mean, I've lost to him previously being up two sets to love, so I knew there was always danger till the very last point.

Q. What is there in your grass court arsenal that you've yet to use this week?

ROGER FEDERER: I haven't served and volleyed a whole lot. I haven't been to the net much. I think if you hit it hard and clean, flat and long, it's hard to come in really. I think you're able to neutralize your opponent.

Today Nalbandian, that's the kind of stuff he does. It's kind of hard to find your way into your net if you don't follow after the return or the serve.

But important is that I'm moving well, I'm using basically everything of my arsenal, the slice, you know, the drive and so forth. I've been playing really well. I've gotten through the matches comfortably and that's very nice.

Q. You've not dropped a set yet.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, it doesn't really matter. At the end of the day I know other people care more about that kind of stuff. As long as I find my way into the second week, like last year, too, right away, I'm happy.

I hope I can always step it up so when Monday comes around, now the tougher and tougher matches come in, even though today I thought was already very difficult.

Q. When you were in the middle of your five titles on the trot, I can remember you talking about the feeling of coming here, feeling like you owned the place, like it was your court. Does it still feel like that?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, I never really felt it was that way. I don't think I ever said that. I always just feel very good here, around the grounds, on the court. Obviously the more you win, the more confidence you get.

Then again, I've learned my lesson early on in my career where I used to underestimate opponents because of the way they played, the way their techniques worked out, or just said against this guy, I can't lose on grass. Next thing you know, that's what happens.

This is where you have to be very, very, you know, sort of mentally strong. I think with the success I've had here, obviously I always come in with somewhat of a pressure. But, as well, I think this is where I'm able to shift up a couple gears on grass because it works to my strengths the way I can play here.

Q. Do you feel you have a gear or two to shift through still next week?

ROGER FEDERER: No, I'm very happy if I keep playing this way. So it's a matter of keeping it up and then, you know, adjusting to what's coming from the opponents.

They all play very differently. Nobody plays like Nalbandian. So I don't even know who I play next round. Still have to find out first.

Q. You may be tired of answering this question, but fans are really interested in comparing the generations. Rafa just said that he felt of the current generation, the top four were more solid, they did better both at reaching the finals at slams and the Masters, the smaller tournaments, that they did really well on all surfaces. Could you take that a little further and compare maybe the play of your generation compared to the Andre and Pete generation?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, what do you want me to say? Well, I think it's not fair to say that our generation is stronger. For many years many people said it's weaker just because there was only me and then there was only Rafa and me.

And now all of a sudden there's people talking about four. Now it's the best ever. This is where I disagree. It doesn't happen so quickly.

I remember when Pete and Andre and Becker and Edberg and McEnroe and all those guys were still around, and more even. I think it was very good already. Before that generation was also very strong. It's just a matter that Rafa and myself, we took a lot of the Grand Slams and we didn't allow anybody else to shine really. For that reason, all the other players didn't get the respect they deserve.

That's just to straighten that record a little bit.

Now I still feel 10, 20 years ago, I still think when they were doing something good, they were doing excellent. Like Pete's serve, I still think it will be one of the great serves in the game today if not the best one. Agassi maybe didn't have the serve, but he had the return that many players don't have today.

Maybe they had some other weaknesses in their games, but maybe they were able to eliminate those with their great strengths. This is maybe where today we're more overall because I guess we have to, because the conditions have slowed down, and that allows us to maybe win the French Open and Wimbledon back to back a bit more easier today than back in the day where you had grass court specialists, hard court specialists, indoor specialists, clay court specialists. Today everybody can play everywhere. That's the way the game has evolved and we're adjusting to it.

Q. What are you going to do on your day off tomorrow?

ROGER FEDERER: Same thing. Yeah, just go out and practice, you know, relax, feel good, take some treatment, sleep enough.

Q. How do you relax? Rafa said he's playing PlayStation and stuff like that.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I spend time with my family. That's what I do. Run around with my kids, spend time with friends and family who are here. That's what I do.

Q. Talk a bit about the new generation of guys coming, the 21 and under set, Tomic, Dimitrov, Raonic. Who has impressed you maybe and why?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I still think they're all on the brink of doing great things. Some have won tournaments, like Raonic, and others haven't, but are showing clear signs of maturing, getting stronger, believing now, which they're supposed to.

But it's hard to break through it seems like at the moment. It's quite mental and physical these days.

Also Wawrinka is in that mix. He came to Dubai once and practiced with me, very happy to see him doing well but now he's injured. Tomic is still lower in the rankings, but seems like he's making a run.

It's good for tennis if new generations move in. Juniors are here also this week, the second week, coming in. When you're at Aorangi you see how well these guys are already hitting the ball.

The next generation is pushing through, too, which is going to make, for sure, the generation we've just been talking about, the 21 year olds also, aware of that and wanting to improve. I think they're in a very interesting place.

I thought to some degree it was stressful for me being that age because everybody is expecting you to break through, and if you don't, people always ask you, What's wrong with you, man? I'm just trying, you know, learning. I'm playing against men, not boys anymore. It makes it a bit more difficult.

Interesting times in tennis right now. Like we say, at the top it's very strong. There's stuff possible in between, sort of in the middle, and there's young guys coming through. I'm happy I'm still around.

Q. After years of it seems like you've been winning everything, it's now 18 months not winning a Grand Slam, how much have you missed holding one of those trophies?

ROGER FEDERER: You know, I don't go through days thinking like, My God, I haven't won a Grand Slam in so long.

It hasn't been that long, to be honest. The pace on tour is really quick. It turns around fast. Like clay court's over, and grass, here we come. After grass season is over, you're happy to maybe take some vacation finally. Then you sort of prepare for hard court again for eight months.

I don't know. You don't, you know, cry over stuff like that. You guys bring it up and I answer the question; that's it. But I don't really, you know, get pulled down by it. Actually I think I get motivation by it.

Q. You're as hungry as ever to do it again?

ROGER FEDERER: Absolutely. I always have been. The day after my victory, the day after my final losses, I've been hungry. It doesn't come in phases. I'm always hungry. And that's a good thing.

Q. The under 21s are playing tonight.

ROGER FEDERER: I hope Switzerland wins.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 16358.html

Stopka forum

RSS