mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#121 07-08-2009 17:57:56

Bizon

siła spokoju

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Re: Andy Roddick

Ciezko sie z wami nie zgodzic, ale wciaz pozozstaje jedna rzecz, ktora mnie gryzie. Tylko jeden wygrany turniej WS. Swietnym zwienczeniem tak udanej kariery byloby zwyciestwo drugiego szlema, niech to nawet bedze po raz drugi US Open, nie musi to byc juz ten Wimbledon

Swietny pomysl Raddcik z tymi zdjeciami po kazdym meczu

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#122 07-08-2009 18:03:56

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Bizon napisał:

Ciezko sie z wami nie zgodzic, ale wciaz pozozstaje jedna rzecz, ktora mnie gryzie. Tylko jeden wygrany turniej WS. Swietnym zwienczeniem tak udanej kariery byloby zwyciestwo drugiego szlema, niech to nawet bedze po raz drugi US Open, nie musi to byc juz ten Wimbledon

US Open 2003 & 2009 - ładnie wygląda ?

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#123 07-08-2009 18:05:26

Bizon

siła spokoju

Na tyle ladnie ze jestem w stanie w to uwierzyc

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#124 07-08-2009 18:41:16

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … h-Win.aspx

Though Querrey was first to assume the lead in the match, his senior countryman finished the night as the winner, prevailing 7-6(4), 6-4 to become the fourth active player – and 36th overall in the Open Era – to be inducted into the elite 500 match wins club, joining Roger Federer (657), Carlos Moya (573) and Lleyton Hewitt (511).

Andy Roddick powiedział, nie napisał:

“It’s a pretty small number of players who have gotten there, an elite group,” said Roddick, the 15th American player in the Open Era to achieve the milestone. “I’ve done it with enough time [in my career] to add to it. It is validation of consistency in my career.”

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#125 07-08-2009 20:51:13

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick To Headline 2010 Brisbane International

In a major coup, former No.1 and current No.5, Andy Roddick is the first star signing for the Brisbane International 2010.

Announced today at the Queensland Tennis Centre, Brisbane International Tournament Director Steve Ayles said he was delighted the top-ranked American and Grand Slam singles champion will headline this January.

“Roddick’s appearance is the ultimate endorsement of the event and the city,” Ayles said. “Following on from his exciting performance at Wimbledon, Roddick is the perfect player to headline the star-studded line-up. He will bring personality, style and dynamic tennis to Brisbane and I am sure he will be a crowd favourite with all spectators.

“Last year’s event was undoubtedly a huge success however we plan to top it in 2010. With the former No.1 and 2003 US Open champion locked in we are well on our way to producing another incredible event.

“Roddick is one of the greats on and off the court and I am sure he will love Brisbane as much as Brisbane will love him.”

Roddick said he is excited to be a part of the Brisbane International for the first time.

“I have heard great reports from other players on the circuit about the Brisbane International,” Roddick said. “I am looking forward to playing in Brisbane and experiencing what the city and the tournament has to offer.

“With a high quality field, some excellent weather and a great venue, it will be the perfect preparation for the Australian Open. I look forward to getting down there and trying to win my first Brisbane International and the first event of the year,” Roddick said.

Queensland Premier, Anna Bligh, was stoked that Roddick will headline the Brisbane International in 2010.

"The Brisbane International is a world-class tournament in a world-class facility and a player of Andy Roddick's calibre and world standing adds significantly to our tournament," said Ms Bligh.

"Queenslanders love their sport and I know that everyone will be keen to support Andy while he is in Brisbane. I know I will be looking forward to his participation.”

Roddick has reached five Grand Slam finals, winning the US Open in 2003 and being a runner up at Wimbledon three times and the US Open once, losing to Roger Federer each time. He and Federer are the only players on the tennis circuit to have been ranked in the Association of Tennis Professionals top 10 at year-end from 2002 through 2008.

To date, Roddick has 27 career singles titles and has been a finalist on 16 additional occasions. Year to date the American has a win-loss record of 39-9 in singles (as of 3 August 2009).

He is known for his powerful serves and holds the fastest serve recorded in professional tennis, measured at 155 mph or 249.5 km/h.

Roddick has also been on the United States Davis Cup team for several years, and helped the US win the 2007 Davis Cup, the first time they had won since 1995.

Brisbane International 2010 series packages will go on sale from 7-11 October, with single sessions on sale on 14 October. Ground passes remain $9.90 with the qualifying event on Friday 1-2 January 2010 remaining free.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … sbane.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#126 08-08-2009 02:52:07

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/555/fght.png

W jednym meczu więcej przełamań niż we wcześniejszych pięciu xDDDDDDD.

#127 08-08-2009 09:08:07

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Fanów Roda może trochę niepokoić fakt, że doktorek odebrał Jankesowi 2 gemy serwisowe.

#128 08-08-2009 11:52:27

COA

Last hit for Wimby

MTT GOAT (2xWimbledon, US Open, 7 innych, w tym Miami i Queens)

Come on Andy!

#129 10-08-2009 17:26:12

COA

Last hit for Wimby

Elton John To Star At Andy Roddick Foundation Gala

ATP World Tour No. 5 Andy Roddick will be joined at the fourth annual Andy Roddick Foundation Gala by music icon Elton John.

"I am ecstatic that Elton will be performing again in November, he is a musical genius and true philanthropist,” Roddick said. “Elton has been a large supporter of my Foundation, and a great friend. We are all thrilled to have him back in Austin for such a worthy cause.”

The benefit will take place on November 30, 2009 at the Hilton Austin, with Roddick hosting the evening’s festivities that will include an auction, dinner and an intimate concert with Elton John.

The fourth annual Charity Gala will benefit several organisations in Austin and central Texas, including The Settlement Home For Children, Austin Partners In Education, KIPP: Austin College Prep and Dell Children’s Medical Center Of Central Texas.

The Andy Roddick Foundation was founded in 2000 and has since raised over $10 million for various Southern Florida and Austin based children’s organizations.

atpworldtour.com

Come on Andy!

#130 15-08-2009 08:41:44

COA

Last hit for Wimby

Come on Andy!

#131 28-08-2009 12:17:03

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

#132 30-08-2009 00:18:24

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Andy kończy dziś 27 lat

Wszystkiego naj !!! 100 lat i przede wszystkim zdrowia

Wygraj w koncu tego wymarzonego Wimbla !!

nie udało się tym razem, uda sie za rok !!

No a w czasach teraźniejszych życze zwyciestwa w USO !

COA !

#133 30-08-2009 01:06:58

COA

Last hit for Wimby

COA mistrzu, najlepszego !

Zdrowia, dzieciaka, szlema

Come on Andy!

#134 30-08-2009 12:56:20

Yannick

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Tomic-Roddick

Przyłaczam sie również do życzeń

STO LAT Andy !

a w najbliższej przyszłości  życzymy wygrania  upragnionego US Open
czyli o powtórkę z roku 2003

#135 30-08-2009 13:11:03

Blue

User

Najlepszego panie Roddick, sukcesów zawodowych jak i w życiu prywatnym

#136 30-08-2009 14:05:45

Bizon

siła spokoju

Najlepszego byku

Zdrowia i wygrania 2 szlema bo w przeciagu calej kariery zdecydowanie zasluzyles na wiecej jak jedno zwyciestwo Wielkoszlemowe.

#137 30-08-2009 14:18:00

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wszystkiego najlepszego COA

Osiągnięcia Roda w dniu 27 urodzin:

Ranking: 5 (najwyżej w karierze: 1)
Wygrane turnieje: 27
Przegrane Finały: 17
Turnieje WS: 1/4
Mastersy: 4/3
Zarobki: $16,818,084

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#138 30-08-2009 14:19:35

Kubecki

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djokovic

#139 30-08-2009 15:00:33

Serenity

User

RODDICK KEEPS MOVING FORWARD

Andy Roddick might have spent almost one decade in the spotlight, but the American remains enthusiastic about the sport, driven to improve and determined to land another Grand Slam title.

There had been many losses leading up to this one. A year earlier at the same place he’d suffered one that left him wondering at age 25 if the whole tennis life was worth it. But for Andy Roddick, no defeat was as distinctive as this year’s Wimbledon final. For four hours and 16 minutes he’d gone toe to toe with Roger Federer. He’d held four straight set points for a two sets to love lead, seeing the last evaporate when he missed a seemingly benign backhand volley. Not until he was serving at 14-15 in the fifth did Roddick buckle.

“It’s evolving how I’m feeling about it,” Roddick told me last month. “The first couple of days it was tough to look at objectively. There were easier losses to deal with. Having been that close, thinking how that changes the dynamic of my career if I win. But it’s not one of those things where I could beat myself up for not putting in the effort.”

Hours after the final, as Roddick sat in his home in the Wimbledon Village, his Davis Cup captain, Patrick McEnroe, dropped by. Well aware of how his older brother’s popularity had been aided by an epic loss to Bjorn Borg in the 1980 Wimbledon final, McEnroe says, “I told Andy he made more fans and earned himself more respect for that loss than he did with any win. The average fan saw from him the competitiveness I’ve seen from him so many times, for so many years. What the fans also saw was the maturity of his mind, of his body, of his spirit.”

If those qualities haven’t always been fully appreciated, surely they’ve always been present. Like most of us, Roddick takes two views of himself: eternal and dynamic. According to Roddick, “The meat-and-potatoes of me hasn’t changed. But aren’t most people more mature at 27 than 21?”

Roddick will turn 27 the day before the start of this year’s US Open. While he’s correct in assessing matters of emotional growth, what’s also true is that by age 21 most people aren’t millionaires, the best in the world at a childhood passion – and by dint of all that success, compelled to come of age in a fishbowl.           

Says Roddick, “I’ve been portrayed as every kind of character. When I was young, I was the future great American, the polite kid from Nebraska. Then the crossover guy who was on ‘Saturday Night Live.’  Then you’re a punk, then you’re a has-been, then the comeback, then irrelevant, then Joe Everyday.”

As McEnroe notes, “It’s a lot to be the number one American. To have come in after the greatest generation was going to be tough no matter what kind of player you were. But when you see Andy’s numbers and consistency over the years, it’s impressive.” Only Roddick and Roger Federer have held spots in the year-end Top 10 since 2002.

But there’s no question that the last few years have been a time of soul-searching. Having reached at least one Grand Slam semi every year since 2003, in ’08 the best Roddick could muster was a quarter-final showing at the US Open. Those efforts at the majors were but a symptom of a man aware he faced a crossroads.   

In the fall of 2008, Roddick and his then-fiancée, model Brooklyn Decker, took a hard look at the state of this tennis – even contemplating the notion of retirement. Says Roddick, “At the end of ’08 it was a little bit frustrating. I was in and out of health and had some okay results, but not that great. I was closer to the outside of the Top 10 than on the inside. But I didn’t want be the guy out there just collecting paychecks. So you either play it safe – or try to make something happen. The latter won out.”

The biggest step was getting Larry Stefanki on-board as his coach. Says McEnroe, “Larry tells it to you right between the eyes: good, bad or indifferent. He puts it out there.”

Having worked with a variety of coaches, including Jimmy Connors, Brad Gilbert, Dean Goldfine, his brother John, Patrick McEnroe and Tarik Benhabiles, you’d think Roddick had heard enough coaching verbiage to fill a library.

But in retrospect, all prior to Stefanki was incremental; useful, yes – jarring, no. And Roddick at the end of ’08 was a man in search not just of new ideas, but of big ideas. “Emotionally it was tough,” says Roddick. “You’re battling how much of the results are based on not being healthy, or is it self-belief and have I lost a step? You love to take the side of health, but you’re trying to figure out what’s what.”

Never reluctant to offer a recommendation, Stefanki gave a blunt one to Roddick: lose 15 pounds. Certainly Roddick had always been fit, the result of his own strong work ethic, including frequent off-court workouts with Austin trainer Lance Hooten.

It wasn’t just that dropping weight helped make Roddick more nimble around the court. It was the very process of shedding the pounds and committing to both himself and Stefanki’s belief in him that instilled Roddick with a new kind of confidence – a belief that even past the likely halfway point of his career that he can make radical changes in the pursuit of excellence. Says Roddick, “The toughest days are when it’s 30 degrees outside and I’m on a football field, doing workouts with Lance and a bunch of other guys – baseball players, martial artists, football guys.” As Stefanki told Tennis Channel’s Steve Flink shortly after he started working with Roddick, “I have never seen a guy who is willing to work harder than Andy. If he keeps getting sounder, which I believe he will, good things are going to happen for him.”

Coming into this year’s US Open, Roddick feels he’s playing some of his most sustained, consistent, quality tennis. Says McEnroe, “He goes in with a legitimate shot.  No one would have said that in January. But he’s played that way into the top four or five.”

In large part, Roddick’s maturity has most surfaced in his understanding of his game. Never fully comfortable as a flashy shotmaker, netrusher or highly-defensive player, Roddick has worked to alter his court positioning, to appropriately stand closer to the baseline and become what you might call an air-tight grinder with a big serve and a willingness to strike big when the opening is there, most often with his forehand but also on the backhand side. One of the key principles Connors learned from his mother and coach, Gloria, is relevant here: Smother them with footwork. To some degree Roddick’s application of this concept began during his 18 months with Connors, but this year such factors as improved movement and the relentless engagement of Stefanki have greatly accelerated his growth.

Another new element in Roddick’s life was his April marriage to Decker. “Not much has actually changed,” says Roddick. “We wanted to commit to each other. And we knew that career-wise, for both of us, the next four to five years were going to be about kicking butt where it needs to be kicked.”

The year Roddick turned nine, his parents gave him the birthday present of a trip to the 1991 US Open. Joking about the impish boy who snuck into the player’s lounge, Roddick now says, “I don’t have to sneak in anymore. But I wasn’t a kid who expected to be a pro, certainly not at that age. Now, of course, I completely understand the process, the importance of training, of nutrition – and a good idea of what I need to do to improve. That certainly hasn’t always been the case.”

He will continue to be the Andy Roddick the tennis world has known for a decade – driven, emotional, ready to verbally counterpunch if necessary. As an athlete he knows that history is largely written by the winners, in tennis particularly by those who rack up multiple Grand Slam titles. But even if his Wimbledon effort proved that in some way history can also be written by the losers, there’s much more he hopes to accomplish. “Trust me,” says Roddick, “I didn’t walk off Centre Court smiling. You ask yourself: sulk and feel sorry. Or you pick it up and move forward. Moving forward is just my nature.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- … ddick.aspx

#140 31-08-2009 12:53:29

Art

User

The Net Post: Andy Roddick would be popular US Open winner

Andy Roddick has had to deal with them relentlessly since the Wimbledon final - the gestures, eye contacts and handshakes that amount to messages of condolence. Even Roger Federer keeps getting asked if he feels sorry for Roddick having beaten him in the historic SW19 finale, as if anyone ever felt sorry for Federer when he was on the receiving end of any defeat, no matter how few and far between they were.

It has not taken Roddick that long to get back into the familiar routine, of engaging self deprecation - he was on the famed David Letterman Show on late night television last week and might one day be a candidate to have a show of his own, so clever is he in front of a camera. No one but he knows how much the Wimbledon final really hurt, we can only surmise, he has to live with it.

He would be a resoundingly popular winner of the US Open, six years after his victory here and the memorable press conference first liner about 'you can forget all that future of American tennis crap'. Though Sam Querrey, his fellow American, won the US Open Series as the most consistent performer through the past month of hard court earnestness in tricky conditions, Roddick reached the final in Washington, the semis of the Montreal Masters (losing both times to Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina) and his only blemish was a first round defeat to Querrey in Cincinnati.

But all roads, at this time, seems to wind their way back to the 16-14 final set defeat to Federer on another momentous July afternoon. "I feel like maybe a bigger story was made of it than what I was feeling," Roddick said on the eve of the Open, where he plays Bjorn Phau of Germany on the first Monday night session.

"There was never a point where I was going to just lay down afterwards or not come back and play hard or, you know, anything like that. If you look at the tournament as a whole, it was a very good event. I would have loved to have changed the last five minutes of it, but you look forward to another opportunity. The kind of the support I got from fans, from peers, from everybody, was pretty surprising in the best way possible and pretty humbling. For some reason I think that match hit home with a lot of people, and you know, maybe -- I didn't realise it. Obviously when you're in London, you realise that it's a big deal there and you kind of understand it, but I was really surprised when I had got back here as to how many people watched it and were affected by it. To be honest, that really helped the process.

"For the first two or three weeks afterwards I think it (my perspective) changed daily. But like anything, the more you distance yourself from it, you start remembering, the better things about it as opposed to the most disappointing things about it. You know, I promise you, I wish more than anything that I would have won that tournament, but at the same time, I'm still going to move on and keep going with the plan that we've set in place, because I feel like it is working."

Roddick's progress on the playing side has established his place back inside the world's top five and there is no doubt he represents a real threat to the top order. And America is ever more ready for a standard bearer. Recent surveys have indicated that, since 2001, there has only been sport in this sports-crazy land that has added participants. Golf? No, that is down 13 per cent; Basketball? That has flattened out. Baseball? Down. Tennis? Up an astonishing 43 per cent over the period and nine per cent from 2008-09. If that is not a signal of a sport in rude health, then what is?

That is something worth tweeting about, though Roddick, like everyone else in tennis these days, has been told to be on his guard. The integrity unit is watching for any misplaced words that might be construed as giving away too many facts that ought not to be given away. "I found the warning humorous," Roddick said. "I understand the precautions being taken as far as the anti-gambling laws and the inside information, but I feel like the last place you would put inside information is on a public site for everybody to see.

"Secondly, the part where it's like "we'll be monitoring, watch what you do besides tennis" I thought that was a little bit much. And the best part about it was I went to the US Open website and found a link to my Twitter page, and they have an iPhone app that connects you to their Twitter page, which I thought was amusing."

Somehow, whatever his mood, Andy Roddick always seem to be able to produce a last laugh.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ … 815794.ece

Stopka forum

RSS