Re: Andy Roddick

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#142 10-09-2009 14:48:19

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

All Access with Club Roddick

If you haven’t already, check out all the behind the scenes pictures from Andy’s 2009 US Open in Club Roddick! From practice at Flushing Meadows, throwing the first pitch at the Yankees game, taping The Late Show with David Letterman to the Taste of Tennis and more! Club Roddick is your behind the scenes, all access pass to Andy’s New York Adventure with exclusive photographs and updates as Andy takes over the Big Apple. If you are not a Club Roddick member yet, sign up today in the proshop or by following the link below. Remember your Club Roddick membership is a direct donation to The Andy Roddick Foundation!

http://proshop.andyroddick.com/club-roddick-c-6.html

http://www.andyroddick.com/2009/09/08/a … roddick-2/

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#143 10-09-2009 14:52:37

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Andy Roddick Interview: September 5th, 2009

Q. Heart a little broken right now?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. You know, it was a tough one to lose, especially after kind of coming back all that way.

Q. When you were down two sets, what did you do at that point to bring yourself back?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, I don’t know if I changed too much. I just executed a little bit better. He played a loose service game there in the fourth. But, you know, bottom line, for the entire match, is he played great in the breakers. He rolled the dice, came in. I made him play his last four volleys. Hit pretty good returns off his serves, hit decent first‑shot passes.

He played really good breakers. I don’t know that I missed a ball in either one of the breakers, except that last pass. But that was a tough ball anyway. So, you know, he played well when he had to.

Q. With all this variety to your game, does his style of play take you out of that?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. I mean, there’s a lot that’s out of your hands with the way he plays. I said it before, you can’t really teach 6′9″, especially coming down on a serve. You try to fight it off as much as you can. Sometimes you can, and sometimes it’s completely out of your hands.

Like the majority of matches that we play, it’s not really so much about if you execute, you’re gonna win. Sometimes you can play bad and win a match like that. Sometimes you can feel like you’re hitting the ball well, and that’s when you don’t want to see a guy like that floating in the draw.

Yeah, it doesn’t really allow you to kind of get into as many tennis points, I guess.

Q. What about his net play? Has that improved?

ANDY RODDICK: I mean, I don’t think you can talk ‑‑ there’s no comparison to him now compared to last year. I think he’s being a lot more professional now. I think he’s doing the things he needs to be doing. I think his coach deserves a lot of that credit.

I mean, again, I made him hit a lot of volleys there in the tiebreaker, and he hit that one right on the baseline that was a great volley.

All you can try to do is fight off a first serve out there and make him hit some tough volleys. I thought I did that in the last breaker. I really felt like going into the breaker like I was going to win it.

http://www.andyroddick.com/2009/09/06/a … -5th-2009/

#144 13-09-2009 14:43:00

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick coming to Brisbane

http://bit.ly/12ddLD

#145 06-10-2009 20:32:07

szeva

User

Ani go lubię ,ani nie lubię, po prostu dobry gracz ale jak dla mnie bez "tego czegoś"

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#146 06-10-2009 21:19:06

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

z Ostatnich sześciu meczów singlowych Roddick przegrał aż 4 (!) Czy oznacza to początek końca Andy'ego ???

#147 06-10-2009 21:23:47

szeva

User

Raddcik napisał:

z Ostatnich sześciu meczów singlowych Roddick przegrał aż 4 (!) Czy oznacza to początek końca Andy'ego ???

Jak jeszcze parę razy przegra z zawodnikami z rankingiem Kubota to wszystko możliwe

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#148 08-10-2009 15:06:37

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Za twitterem "good news is i started serving good in practice today bad news is its 3 days too late"

#149 09-10-2009 18:56:35

COA

Last hit for Wimby

Właśnie to przeczytałem i chciałem wklejać.

No cóż, zobaczymy co się stanie w Szanghaju.

MTT GOAT (2xWimbledon, US Open, 7 innych, w tym Miami i Queens)

Come on Andy!

#150 12-10-2009 19:20:17

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick renews attack on schedule

An exasperated Andy Roddick said the ATP men's tour must give players more time to rest during the season or risk shortening the careers of the "stars" of the sport.

The world number six lost to qualifier Lukasz Kubot in the first match of his title defence at the China Open last week and said then that the top players were playing too much tennis.

He renewed his attack at the Shanghai Masters while admitting the ultimate negotiating tool, a players' strike, was unlikely.

"I think it's ridiculous to think that you have a professional sport that doesn't have a legitimate off season to rest, get healthy, and then train," the 27-year-old said at his 16th tournament of the season.

World number one Roger Federer pulled out of Shanghai citing fatigue, while number three Andy Murray blamed a wrist injury for his absence from the inaugural tournament.

"I don't think that's all of one big coincidence, and I just hope that the shortsightedness doesn't affect the length of careers," he said. "I think in tennis you definitely want your stars around as long as possible."

The top 30 men's players are obliged to play the four two-week grand slam events and eight of the nine Masters Series tournaments.

In addition, their best four results in ATP 500 events and best two in lower level tournaments count towards their rankings, effectively meaning they must play at least 18 a year.

"We've been talking about this forever, and now we get slapped with mandatory tournaments," said the 2003 US Open champion.

"We don't really have a whole lot of choices in the matter, which I don't think is the right way to go about it."

Roddick thought the men could learn from the WTA women's tour, which reorganised its calendar for this season and reduced the number of mandatory events from 13 to 10.

The American expressed his frustration that the people with the power to change things were often the same people who ran the tournaments, which was "a little bit of a conflict of interest".

The players were unlikely to boycott an event, however, he said.

"I don't think any of us wants to (strike), because even more so than feeling a responsibility to the powers that be in tennis, we feel a responsibility to the fans," he said.

"We don't want to alienate our fans. It's a tough situation, and that's why I think that we've put up with it as long as we have."

Spain's Rafael Nadal agreed with the American that the playing year was too long.

"It's impossible to play from January 1 to December 5, no sport can do it," said the world number two. "I don't know what the solution is, but it must be changed and soon."

#151 12-10-2009 19:30:44

metjuAR

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rod

Czytałem ten artykuł również i po części się zgadzam, ale po części jego wypowiedzi wzbudziły moje obawy.... Dlaczego? Ponieważ np. po Roland Garrosie kilku czołowych tenisistów świata nie startowało w turniejach przygotowawczych do Wimbledonu, roddick natomiast w Londynie zagrał i był wówczas w formie... równie dobrze wtedy mógł pomarudzić na obecny rozkład ... Zgadzam sie z nim po części, bo to prawda co rzekł, ale niepokój budzi u mnie to że mówi te słowa w czasie kiedy  forma zmalała... i w związku z tym powstaje pytanie czy sobie z tym poradził, czy też jest bardzo zdenerwowany tym co się dzieje od września...
moje wnioski w 100% będą pewne po jego jutrzejszym meczu z wawrinką. Jeśli wygra w dwóch setach i w całkiem dobrym stylu to uważam że się pozbierał. COA Andy!!

249,5 km/h
30 singles titles
2007 Davis Cup

#152 12-10-2009 19:51:08

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ma rację, bezapelacyjnie.
No ale to jest temat na inną debatę. Wkrótce do tego wrócimy, bo przygotowuję debatę w GM na temat kalendarza ATP.

Najlepszego Andy

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#153 13-10-2009 17:23:34

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick retires in first-set knee injury drama

SHANGHAI (AFP) - A bad season continued Tuesday for Andy Roddick as the American was forced to retire after injuring his knee in a second-round match at the Shanghai Masters.

Swiss Stan Wawrinka advanced 3-4 after Roddick -- next in the qualifying queue for a place in the eight-man World Tour Finals in London in November -- hurt his knee at 40-all in the eighth game and immediately went to his chair.

The fourth seed was joined by ATP trainer Michael Novotny and a doctor, with Roddick stretched out on his stomach for treatment before giving up and shaking hands after 36 minutes on court.

"The pain is at the back of the (left) knee, and it's enough to make me stop a tennis match. My concern now is to find out what we are dealing with," said Roddick after leaving court.

"I'll go back to the States and get it looked at. I suppose I'm lucky regarding qualifying for (the World Tour Finals) as I do have a bit of a cushion. But my main concern is dealing with this."

The injury could be a serious blow to the former number one, who lost a third Wimbledon final in July to Roger Federer, exited the US Open in the third round and last week lost in the Beijing first round as defending champion.

Roddick was also forced to retire before Wimbledon at Queen's Club when he twisted an ankle in his semi-final against James Blake.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13102009/ … drama.html

#154 13-10-2009 18:00:02

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick To Seek Knee Advice in U.S.

World No. 6 Andy Roddick will return to the United States immediately to seek medical advice on a left knee injury that forced his retirement from his opening match against Stanislas Wawrinka at the Shanghai ATP Masters 1000 Presented by Rolex on Tuesday.

The 2003 US Open champion was leading Wawrinka 4-3 in the first set when he felt pain in his left knee during a point. He immediately called ATP trainer Michal Novotny to the court and shortly after retired from the match.

Speaking about the injury in his post-match media conference, Roddick said that it was too soon to know the extent of the injury or what impact it would have on his immediate playing future.

“I don't really know what's going on in there,” Roddick said. “I'm not a doctor. I can't really self diagnose myself… I'm not going to have a lot of answers for you guys tonight, unfortunately.

“I just felt I pushed off, and then Michal came on court and did some tests and advised that it probably wasn't worth the risk until we know more. [The pain was] enough to make me stop a tennis match, which is going to be pretty significant.  Beyond that, I don't know; that's not my profession.”

Roddick, who said the pain is in the back of his knee, has more than three weeks to recover before his next scheduled tournament at the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris, beginning 8 November.

Despite the setback, Roddick remains on track to finish in the Top 10 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings for the eighth consecutive year. Roddick is next in line to qualify for the season-ending Barclays ATP World Tour Finals beginning 22 November in London at the O2 arena.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … njury.aspx

#155 14-10-2009 09:12:49

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

I po polsku:

Roddick: za dużo tenisa

Szósta rakieta świata - Amerykanin Andy Roddick, którego przed tygodniem w turnieju w Pekinie pokonał Łukasz Kubot, narzeka, że tenisiści nie mają zimowej przerwy z prawdziwego zdarzenia między sezonami.
"To śmieszne, że w profesjonalnym sporcie nie ma prawdziwej przerwy, aby odpocząć, podreperować zdrowie i potrenować. Kończymy sezon 30 listopada po turnieju Masters w Londynie, a już 4 stycznia, dwa tygodnie przed Australian Open, musimy być gotowi do gry. I tak rok po roku" - skarży się Roddick, który uczestniczy w turnieju ATP w Szanghaju.

"Nie jest łatwo startować przez 11 miesięcy w roku. W moim przypadku trwa to już od dziesięciu lat" - podkreślił. Dodał, że nie dziwią go w tej sytuacji kontuzje Andy'ego Murraya i Rogera Federera czy kilkumiesięczna przerwa w środku sezonu Rafaela Nadala.
"Od dłuższego czasu staramy się, by usłyszano nasz głos, ale ostatecznie kończymy sezon znów odrobinę później" - powiedział tenisista z Teksasu.

onet.pl

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#156 14-10-2009 10:47:55

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ja mam nadzieje że ta kontuzja nie okaże sie na tyle poważna, zeby wykluczyć Roda z turnieju w Paryżu, bo z Valencii się raczej wycofa...

#157 14-10-2009 11:08:54

Serenity

User

Raddcik napisał:

Ja mam nadzieje że ta kontuzja nie okaże sie na tyle poważna, zeby wykluczyć Roda z turnieju w Paryżu, bo z Valencii się raczej wycofa...

Właśnie,w Paryżu może nałapać dużo punktów,które zapewniłyby mu grę w Londynie.

#158 14-10-2009 21:52:35

COA

Last hit for Wimby

I tak ma ją prawie pewną.

MTT GOAT (2xWimbledon, US Open, 7 innych, w tym Miami i Queens)

Come on Andy!

#159 15-10-2009 17:02:40

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Roddick ponoć udał się do USA na badania lekarskie, po których podejmie decyzję co do gry w Walencji.

Btw to słabszy okres w karierze Roda. Po raz pierwszy od 2002 roku nie zrobił przynajmniej 1/4 żadnego z 4 kolejnych startów:

Cincy: 3 runda
USO: 3 runda
Pekin: 1 runda
Szanghaj: 2 runda

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#160 15-10-2009 21:18:04

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Andy Injury Update
Andy suffered a left knee injury during his match on Tuesday night in Shanghai.  He returned to NYC and had the knee examined but Dr David Dines and Dr. Josh Dines.  He also received an MRI of the Left knee.  Results of the MRI showed a mild sprain of his Medial Collateral Ligament of the Left Knee.  No other injury to the knee was found on examination or MRI.  The news was very good for Andy.  No surgery will be needed and Andy is expected to make a 100% recovery.  Andy will rest and recieve treatments and will be expected to start activity in 2 to 3 weeks.

http://www.andyroddick.com/2009/10/15/a … ry-update/

2/3 tygodnie czyli Walencje raczej odpuści, w Paryżu powinien już się pojawić

Stopka forum

RSS