Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 09-07-2010 11:43:56

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Re: Dustin Brown

Newport: rewelacja z Jamajki

Tylko dwóch tenisistów rozstawionych znalazło się w ćwierćfinałach turnieju na trawiastych kortach w Newport. Największą niespodzianką drugiej rundy była porażką rozstawionego z numerem jeden Sama Querreya z Jamajczykiem Dustinem Brownem. Ze zmaganiami pożegnali się w środę także Santiago Giraldo (nr 2) oraz broniący tytułu Rajeev Ram (nr 7).

21. na świecie Querrey był jedynym tenisistom w drabince turniejowej z czołowej pięćdziesiątki rankingu. W tym roku wygrał on silnie obsadzone zawody na kortach trawiastych w Queen’s Club, a w ubiegłym roku osiągnął finał w Newport. Nic więc dziwnego, iż w tegorocznej edycji imprezy uznawany był za zdecydowanego faworyta. Plany reprezentantowi gospodarzy już w drugiej rundzie pokrzyżował 25-letni reprezentant Jamajki.

Dustin Brown w zaledwie 47 minut zwyciężył 6:4, 6:3. 108. w rankingu Jamajczyk miał w tym spotkaniu aż 14 asów i nie dopuścił rywala do chociażby jednej szansy na breaka. Brown odnotował natomiast stuprocentową skuteczność wykorzystanych okazji na przełamanie (3 na 3). Trenujący na co dzień w Niemczech tenisista po raz drugi zapewnił sobie miejsce w ćwierćfinale turnieju ATP Tour. W lutym osiągnął on tą fazę zawodów w Johannesburgu.

„Chwała jemu,” powiedział o swoim rywalu Querrey. „W jego gemach serwisowych nigdy nie było więcej niż dwóch uderzeń. Ciężko było znaleźć rytm w takiej sytuacji, a przy moim podaniu popełniłem kilka podwójnych błędów, natomiast on popisywał się potężnymi kończącymi forhendami.”

Mniejszego formatu niespodzianką jest porażka Santiago Giraldo. Kolumbijczyk rozgrywa swój najlepszy sezon w karierze, ale korty trawiaste nie są jego preferowaną nawierzchnią. W środę uległ on brytyjskiemu kwalifikantowi Richardowi Bloomfieldowi 3:6, 6:7(5). Dla 27-latka z Norwich ćwierćfinał turnieju Campbell’s Hall of Fame Tennis Championships to największy sukces w karierze. Tenisista ten zajmuje aktualnie 552 miejsce w rankingu.

Formą w Newport imponuje Mardy Fish, który w swoich dwóch pierwszych spotkaniach stracił łącznie pięć gemów! W drugiej rundzie doświadczony reprezentant gospodarzy pokonała Somdeva Devvarmana 6:2, 6:0. Mecz trwał 66 minut, a Amerykanin wykorzystał w nim pięć z czternastu szans na przełamanie, ani razu nie tracąc własnego serwisu. 

„Za każdym razem kiedy osiągniesz szybko prowadzenie jest to korzystna sytuacja, oczywiście zawsze lepiej utrzymywać prowadzenie niż gonić rywala,” stwierdził po meczu Fish. „Na tym korcie, jeżeli jesteś w stanie utrzymać koncentracje, jeżeli możesz za każdym razem bronić własnego podania, wtedy wiesz, że możesz osiągnąć dobry wynik. W dwóch pierwszych meczach bardzo dobrze returnowałem, więc jestem zadowolony z tego.”

Wyniki drugiej rundy:
Dustin Brown (Jamajka) - Sam Querrey (USA, 1) 6:4, 6:3
Richard Bloomfield (Wielka Brytania, Q) - Santiago Giraldo (Kolumbia, 2) 6:3, 7:6(5)
Mardy Fish (USA, 5) - Somdev Devvarman (Indie) 6:2, 6:0

http://www.tenisklub.pl/?req=news&newsI … 9b53872398

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#22 15-07-2010 10:32:06

Serenity

User

Newport Biofile with Dustin Brown

Status: ATP #102. Reached his second ATP quarterfinal in 2010 in Newport. Reached second round at this year’s Wimbledon.

Ht: 6-5 Wt: 180

DOB: December 8, 1984 In: Celle, Germany

First Tennis Memory: “The courts back at home where I started playing in Germany. It’s a long time ago.”

Nicknames: “Just one – Dreddy.”

Hobbies/Leisure Activities: “Listen to music all day basically. I’m on my computer a lot. Catching up with friends online.”

Tennis Inspirations: “As in idols? Early on, when they were still playing – Noah, Safin. Mainly those two. Agassi.”

Last Book Read: “Dan Brown, Illuminati.”

Favorite Movies: “I watched Karate Kid this week. Pretty good movie. Pretty much everything Denzel Washington was in. He’s a really good actor, so.”

Favorite TV Show: “Californication.”

Musical Tastes: “Hip-hop, R&B, Lil Wayne, Drake.”

First Job: “Tennis [laughs].”

First Car: “Camper Volkswagen.”

Current Car: “Camper (white).”

Pre-Match Feeling: “It always varies. Never the same. It always varies, depends on where I am, who I have around me, who’s with me.”

Favorite Meal: “No favorite meal actually.”

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: “Vanilla.”

Childhood Dream: “I was always tennis. Never been anything else.”

Greatest Sports Moment: “Winning the $100,000 Challenger in South Africa, Soweto (d. Izak van der Merwe 76 63). This year. (Why?) It’s the biggest win of my career, that got me closest to the top 100. And it’s a really great feeling winning there in Soweto, with the whole thing going on there with blacks and whites.”

Most Painful Moment: “Probably losing 0-0 to Jerome Haehnel in Basel on center court, three years ago. 0-0 indoors. Shouldn’t be 0-0 with my serve. (What happened that day?) I have no idea. Everything. And nothing [smiles].”

Which Matches Did You Feel At Your Very Best: “Under all the terms, the Querrey match in Newport. It’s a grass court, short match (64 63 in 47 minutes). Definitely served unbelievable – first serves won – 33 out of 34 – 97%. One point that when I put a first serve in that he made a point on my serve. First serve percentage 66%. That’s very good. I don’t think I’m going to have a day where I serve 80 or 90%. That’s probably not going to happen. I’m pretty happy to serve 60-70%, especially on these courts.”

Closest Tennis Friends: “American guys, Armitraj family, Rajeev Ram and a bunch of German guys – Stadler, Phau, Bozo (Bozoljac).”

Funniest Players Encountered: “Probably that’s some of the guys you hang around with. If you don’t hang around with anyone, the guy can’t be funny.”

Toughest Competitors Encountered: “I would say everybody. Because no one wants to lose, everybody wants to win. So they’re basically always fighting. No one gives it easy to you.”

Embarrassing Tennis Memory: “Nope.”

Strangest Match: “No, none of that Mahut stuff [smiles].”

Favorite Players To Watch: “Watching my friends at a tournament. There’s not anyone I would say that I would prefer to watch. The guys that I hang around with at the tournaments.”

Favorite Sport Outside Tennis: “Nothing.”

Last Vacation: “Never vacation. I would say tennis. Although I wouldn’t say it’s a vacation. Or I could say it’s always a vacation [smiles].”

The Long Journey: “It’s been a really long journey. Basically started – I was living two years in Jamaica where I was gonna play Futures. My parents were thinking of ways of how they can keep me going and playing. My parents aren’t rich or anything, they were like, What can we do? My mom came up with the idea about the camper. Now the investment has paid off. It was hard just traveling with a camper the whole time, living in there, practicing. It’s not easy when you’re beginning your 20′s and you’re still young. It’s not exactly the ideal way to play tennis. But it definitely worked out and got me through a couple of tough times which definitely helps me on the court.”

People Qualities Most Admired: “Nice, friendly people who like to have fun.”

http://tennis-prose.com/articles/newpor … tin-brown/

#23 15-07-2010 10:33:11

Serenity

User

Dustin Brown is, without a doubt, the most exciting player in tennis

Through the years, I have talked about players I like watching play. Not the pattern players who hit from the baseline and almost seem to follow a mathematical equation to their shots. But the spontaneous emotional, brilliant shot-makers like John McEnroe, Henri Leconte, Boris Becker, Pat Rafter, Andrew Ilie and Jeff Salzenstein. Now, I have another favorite player: Dustin Brown of Jamaica. If you have not seen this 6-foot-4, dredlocks halfway-down-his-back, smashing server, swinging volleyer, shot-maker extroadinaire, than you, my friend, have not seen tennis as it’s supposed to be played, in my book anyway.

I remember back in the 1980′s when I did an article on Arthur Ashe for the New York Times, Ashe said that if the best black athletes could be recruited to play tennis we could see the spectacle of a Dr. J playing tennis at the highest level. That is exactly what watching Dustin Brown is all about. The guy is as skinny as any player you’ll ever see, but lightning quick and he never hits a shot to set up another shot. Every shot he hits is for a winner.

Here’s a few of the other charms about Brown: he’s Jamaican, which if you know that country’s sporting history, she does not produce tennis greats; he asks for the ball back from the ballgirl after every winner he hits and he uses that ball for the next serve; he never sat down during a changeover in his 6-3, 6-2 decimation of Sam Querrey yesterday; he puts any ball that goes awry in his pocket like a public parks player; he won one service game in 24 seconds, the time it takes Nadal to serve one ball; and he does flying fist-pumps and talks with a German-inflected English, as he is half-German.

Here’s part of the AP report of the match:

Querrey, ranked 19th and a three-time winner on the tour this season, was beaten 6-4, 6-3 in just 47 minutes.

Brown won 33 of 34 of his first-serve points and claimed his first win over a Top 20 player.

Brown, ranked in the 400s a year ago, relied on a quick pace and big serve to frustrate the leading player from the United States in the tournament. He had 14 aces.

“Half the time I was walking over to the other side and the ball was in the air for him to serve,” Querrey said of Brown’s fast approach.

The 25-year-old Jamaican took control by breaking Querrey to go up 3-2 in the fifth game of the second set, winning with a well-placed drop shot at the net.

“I wasn’t expecting to break him. I knew I was serving well,” Brown said. “When I broke him, I just wanted to continue to serve well. Everything just struck together for me. It’s going to take a while to sink in.”

Both players held serve and Brown led 4-3 at the changeover. He didn’t sit during the break, came back out and closed the eighth game with three straight aces.”

Brown is a phenomenon and you must run, not walk, to any match he plays. It was said that McEnroe and Connors broke down the barriers of tennis being seen as a country club sport, but Brown makes Mac and Jimbo look like club elite with his different-colored shoelaces, his long dred hair that makes Yannick Noah’s old do look tame, and his continental forehand and ultra-quick strike tennis.

http://tennis-prose.com/articles/dustin … in-tennis/

#24 05-09-2010 10:52:47

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po porażce w 2 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You looked like you enjoyed yourself out there today.

DUSTIN BROWN: Yeah, I thought it was gonna be a little bit more nerve wracking going on a big court like that. Went out there and actually felt pretty well. Kind of got upset that the rain came, because I was actually feeling a lot better than I thought it was gonna be.Yeah, the first set was really -- it went really well. Yeah, Andy came up with some great shots at 5 All to break me. And, you know, if the first set if I would have gotten through the first set maybe winning the first set, the other sets maybe would have gone a little different. I realize that after he won the first set he got more comfortable and more of confident, and definitely gave me a lot harder time on my serve.

Q. In your box, they were shouting, You can really do it if you want to do it. But you didn't do it, at least this time. Do you think you ran out of gas or confidence? I mean, Ashe Stadium, seeing a lot of people, did it mess with your psyche?

DUSTIN BROWN: No, actually. I actually felt pretty comfortable in there. I wasn't, like I said, not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Yeah, my friends, of course, I mean, they were cheering for me. In the beginning, you know, I thought I was, you know, staying with him, and he came up with a really good game breaking me at 5 All. First of all, it's not bad losing to Andy Murray. I'm definitely not upset. That's why it was a good first set. The other two sets, you know, he started getting more comfortable and definitely returning really well. The break in the first set, I hit two or three good first serves, and he put them long in. Then it starts it's really hard if I'm just playing with a second serve against him. The wind definitely didn't help me or my serving. Yeah, that's it.

Q. What are the things you think you need to work on if you could do this to beat Andy Murray?

DUSTIN BROWN: Well, returns, second serves, and stuff like that, you know, just because he was giving me such a hard time, even when I was putting the first serve in, that he was returning really well. Definitely just, you know, getting the ranking up to play against these guys more often. Just has to become a everyday thing. So it's not like every three or four months I play against a guy like his stature. Then will definitely feel more comfortable outside of the court and not feel bad or, you know, nervous or anything like that.

Q. With very little Grand Slam experience, only played in one other, to find yourself on a stadium like Arthur Ashe and playing one of the top players in the world, did it feel somewhat surreal? What did it mean to you to be in that theater?

DUSTIN BROWN: I was actually very happy that I got to play in there. A lot of people, they play and they never get to play in a stadium like that with a lot of people and playing against someone like Andy. I'm very happy that I got the chance. I tried my best out there today, and that's why I'm just happy. I can't be upset after having a tournament like this, playing well in New Haven, beating three good guys in the quallies there, and then beating Ramirez Hidalgo here. It's just been two good weeks in the States. Hopefully when I get back to Europe I can keep connecting the dots and keep playing like this.

Q. You never played Andy before?

DUSTIN BROWN: No.

Q. Talk about him as a player. What were your thoughts on his game?

DUSTIN BROWN: Well, I only know him from watching him on TV. Basically when I went out I wasn't worrying about him too much. I just tried to play my game and make sure that I'm doing the things I'm supposed to do. I wasn't trying to go out there and worrying too much about the opponent. If you do that, then you just gonna go nuts out there. So I just tried to stay calm and play my game. I lost 5, 3, and 0. It happens. In the first set, definitely. I mean, I realized I was staying with him, I was serving well, and especially my first serve. I was hitting the targets in the beginning. And even all of the rallies, as soon as I had a chance to go for my forehand, I actually did that pretty well in the beginning. Only thing is that he read my dropshots really well. I mean, I guess he got coached on that pretty well. As soon as I opened up the racquet to hit a dropshot, he was already inside the service line. So didn't make any points on that at all in the beginning.

Q. When you aced him twice in the first set, you must have felt pretty terrific.

DUSTIN BROWN: Well, I went to the net and I checked the mark. On the first one, I didn't know exactly where it landed; but on the second one, I walked up and I saw the mark. That's why I turned around. I knew it was in. I played with Hawk Eye before, and it's not you know, especially here, when you're serving with new balls, you can kind of see the marks on the lines. That's why one time when he aced me down the middle, I mean, I was waiting for a call; no one called it. They called it out actually, and I saw it was on the line. I just was waiting what he was gonna do. Then he called for Hawk Eye, I then walked straight over because I knew it was in. You could see the marks on the court.

Q. Can you talk about the length of the rallies? Seemed like you really had your success with Andy when you were able to keep the points short.

DUSTIN BROWN: Definitely that's my type of game, to try and keep the rallies short, maybe play serve and volley when I can. You know, my serve in the second and third set wasn't the first serve wasn't there. He's just a great returner. The longer the match went, he felt much more comfortable and definitely started returning better. That's why I stayed back most of the time.

Q. You seem to be an instant, like, crowd favorite. For this crowd to get behind you and embrace you like that, how did it feel?

DUSTIN BROWN: It was great. It was a great feeling. It was, first of all, great feeling to be on that court, and then playing against someone like Andy. It was a great feeling when you're out there and you're playing well, especially in the first set and there's people just screaming your name the whole time, it was just an unbelievable feeling. Like I said, I'm just gonna try and take these feelings and do everything I've experienced and learned here and carry on, and hopefully play well next couple weeks and end of the year get my ranking back inside the top 100 and even further so I can get back in the main drawn in most of the tour events and get into the main draw in Australia.

Q. Tough players have an intimidation factor because of their record coming into a court like this. He's played in major show courts around the world. When the match ran away, do you sense that his focus was so strong he imposes his character on the court?

DUSTIN BROWN: Well, like I said, I mean, he started you know, I think he was probably a little nervous because he wasn't, in the first set, exactly sure what he was up against, because, I mean, he hasn't seen me play. Basically I guess his coaches saw me play and told him what I play like, but he has never played against me. In the first set, like I said, if I would have won the first set, other two sets would have gone differently. After the first set, I had a feeling it started getting more windy out there, and that definitely didn't help my serve. He definitely served a lot better afterwards.

Q. Let's talk fashion. Your dreads are kickin'. I think they're adorable. They are. You have neon green shoe strings and the pink. Is that your fashion statement from now on?

DUSTIN BROWN: It's not pink, first of all. It's orange. It's orange, okay? It's not pink. Well, actually the story comes behind it that me and my friend I've told it a million times already -- but me and my friend were playing in January 2009, I think. Yeah, we played a future in Spain. We were packing at his house, and I found a bag with a bunch of weird neon colors. I said, If we play finals in the first tournament of doubles, we got to put them in the shoes. He's like, I don't know. Then we played finals, and he's like, Okay, let's put them in. We lost the finals. I kept them in there, and since then my ranking went from 450 to within the top 100. So every time I buy a new pair of shoes, I order the shoe laces. I don't go on the court unless they're in the shoes.

Q. I sense a neon lace endorsement deal in the your future?

DUSTIN BROWN: I'm ready.

Q. What's Murray like to play against now that you've had a match against him? He has this habit of like chasing down every ball, and never let's the opponents win easy points. Is that what you helped today?

DUSTIN BROWN: Basically the most thing, you know, which I've also known before, is that he's a very good returner. That definitely -- as the match progressed in the second and third set, I didn't get a lot of free points. I mean, I had only 49% of first serves. Normally if I'm serving well I'm between 60 and 70. And like I said, you know, he was returning really well and not giving me any free points. So that was basically every point I was in the rally and had to grind it out and not actually playing the game that I wanted to play. The problem was he was reading my dropshots really well, so that took away part of my game.

Q. Do you ever use the courtside chair?

DUSTIN BROWN: Pardon?

Q. You stand up at every changeover.

DUSTIN BROWN: Yeah, I started this actually, I don't know, two or three years ago. Because when I play, I play my best tennis when I'm a little bit more emotional and awake and everything. I always have the feeling when I sit down that my pulse and everything just goes down, so I just don't do it anymore.

Q. How much popularity do you get back home to make a country that's, you know, mostly about soccer and track and field, as a tennis player, do you feel that your popularity is growing back home?

DUSTIN BROWN: Definitely now it has. Like I said, in the last six, or I don't know how many years, I haven't gotten any support at all from the tennis federation. I wasn't recognized in the country at all. Two weeks ago I heard that there has been elected a new president, Aubyn Hill. I have sensed, since he has gotten into the office, that a lot of things have changed back home. My Facebook has been exploding. I mean, everybody from home, everybody I know they actually knew that I was playing here, that I won the first round and that I was playing against Murray. I didn't have to post anything anymore. Actually, I wasn't used to that, because normally when I played Wimbledon, I played against Melzer. Even if I lost, I had to post that I'm actually playing Wimbledon. No one at home knew. I had to call my dad to tell my dad in Jamaica that I'm playing Wimbledon. I hope my dad in Jamaica got a chance to watch my match today. A bunch of people, they're telling me you know, I saw my friend's post online. We're having a part tonight. Everybody come over to my house. We're watching Dustin play on the 40 inch screen. It was really funny. I hope guys at home enjoyed it.

Q. Are you as popular as Usain Bolt?

DUSTIN BROWN: Yeah, I hope so. I mean, there's more tennis tournaments than he runs in a year, so hopefully I'll get to that status sooner or later.

Q. Do you think this high profile here playing on Ashe, US Open, that's maybe gonna make your phone ring a little bit more? Are you any more secure about who you want to play for, UK, Germany, Jamaica?

DUSTIN BROWN: Oh, like I said, things have changed at home. I mean, I have been playing for Jamaica all my life, and that was actually what I wanted to do, play for Jamaica. Because first of all, to play for Germany, my other nationality from my mom, the ranking would have to be a lot higher for them to be interested in me playing Davis Cup or anything. The only reason I actually was thinking about not playing for Jamaica anymore was because nothing was happening at home with the federation. And now, like I said, new people are coming into office and things are changing, so I'm definitely looking forward to speaking to them, and also wanting to play for Jamaica. And the other thing with the LTA, I mean, they spoke to me everything was hyped up through the media in England, when I was playing Queen's and Wimbledon. Since then I haven't heard anything from them. I don't know. I guess they weren't interested as much as it was portrayed in the media.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 20031.html

#25 05-09-2010 11:57:42

Blue

User

Brown adds spark of colour to US Open

Colourful German-Jamaican Dustin Brown brought a bit of life to a relatively straightforward edition of the US Open during his brief week 1 stay.

Few were able to miss seeing the garish shoelaces used by the No. 123 during his loss in the second round to Andy Murray.

"They're not pink, they're orange, not pink," insisted the 26-year-old.

Brown, who also refuses to sit during changeover for fear of losing his energy and focus, says his shoelace story is old news: "Me and my friend were playing in January 2009 at a Futures in Spain, where I found a bag with a bunch of weird neon colors (shoelaces)

"I said that if we play the doubles final in the first tournament, we need to put them in the shoes. We lost the final but I kept them in there, and since then my ranking went from 450 to within the top 100."

That was enough of a sign for Brown. "Every time I buy a new pair of shoes, I order the shoe laces. I don't go on the court unless they're in there."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … to_US_Open

#26 16-09-2010 12:54:21

Art

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Czarował widzów w Nowym Jorku, w Polsce nie zdążył

Pupilek publiczności na US Open egzotyczny Dustin Brown nie zdążył zaskarbić sobie sympatii kibiców w Polsce. Rozstawiony z dziewiątką Jamajczyk już w drugiej rundzie Pekao Szczecin Open przegrał z Francuzem Vincentem Millotem 3:6, 3:6.

Widzów w Nowym Jorku rozkochał w sobie meczem drugiej rundy z Andym Murrayem. Zawodnik z Jamajki szybko stał się idolem kibiców z całego świata.

- Po tym meczu mój profil na Facebooku przeżywał straszne oblężenie. Nie nadążałem w odpisywaniu na maile. Wciąż dziwi mnie zainteresowanie kimś tak mało znanym jak ja, tym bardziej że gram w tenisa - mówił Brown.

Kibiców ujął swoim charakterystycznym, choć absolutnie zgodnym ze stereotypami dla Jamajczyków wyglądem, luzem i niezwykle barwną postawą na korcie.

O Dustinie Brownnie głośno zrobiło się w czerwcu, kiedy jako pierwszy Jamajczyk od 40 lat zagrał w Wimbledonie. Dotarł tylko do drugiej rundy, ale gazety pełne były jego zdjęć. Mierzący 196 cm tenisista rzuca się w oczy za sprawą dredów na głowie i kolorowych sznurówek w butach.

Matka 25-letniego Browna jest Niemką, ojciec pochodzi z Jamajki. Zawodnik stara się jednak o paszport brytyjski, bo jak sam mówi, nie ma za dużego wsparcia od rodzimej federacji. Własnymi siłami zdążył już przebić się do pierwszej setki ATP.

W Szczecinie wyluzowany Jamajczyk jednak nie zachwycił i przeszedł obok meczu z Millotem. Potem przeprosił, że nie może udać się na konferencję prasową, ale zaraz miał grać debla, a zapomniał ubrań na zmianę.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/pekao-szc … tory.shtml

#27 11-11-2010 17:36:37

Davioz

User

Dustin przyjął obywatelstwo niemieckie.

Had A Long Day
Traveling & In The Train Now On The Way 2 Nürnberg... There Also Has
Been A Change, I Am Playing 4 Germany Starting This Week In Eckental. This Is My New Fan Page...
Hoping I Will Have The Same Amount Of Following & Support From U
Guys... Thx, Dustin

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dustin-Br … 7435241415

#28 11-11-2010 17:38:00

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Szkoda. Tych Niemców trochę jest, a Jamajczyk był tylko 1 w czołówce. No ale pewnie pod wieloma względami mu się to opłaci.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#29 11-11-2010 17:44:32

jaccol55

Administrator

DUN I LOVE napisał:

No ale pewnie pod wieloma względami mu się to opłaci.

Mówisz o wyższych podatkach?

Może mieć paszport niemiecki, ale i tak będzie dla wszystkich Jamajczykiem. Podobnie sprawa ma się ze Zvereviem (Rosjanin - przyjął obywatelstwo niemieckie).

#30 11-11-2010 19:49:48

Statystyczny

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Frank Dancevic

W sumie zgadzam się z Jaccolem, ale mimo wszystko trochę szkoda.

Dustin nie jest jedynym, który zmienił swoje obywatelstwo w tym roku. Nowozelandczykiem został (dawniej Amerykanin) Michael Venus a Bośniakiem stał się (również dawniej Amerykanin) Amer Delić.

Frank Dancevic---------Stefan Koubek---------Grigor Dimitrov-------Dustin Brown------Jo- Wilfried Tsonga-----Łukasz Kubot----- Michał Przysiężny------Horacio Zeballos

http://dropszot.blogspot.com - zapraszam na świetnego bloga poświęconego niższym szczeblom męskich rozgrywek tenisowych.
Blog został zawieszony na nieokreślony okres czasu.

#31 15-11-2010 10:39:04

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

15.11.2010r.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh5Gdo5AP6o_8KIZyH15GXsEfp20PKPMuIdmv2bZwmyqDf2MPY

Po efektownym sukcesie w Aachen:

R32 Vasek Pospisil (CAN)  286  W 7-6(6), 5-7, 6-4
R16 Adrien Bossel (SUI)  366  W 7-5, 6-4
Q Pierre-Hugues Herbert (FRA)  688  W 6-1, 6-1
S Rajeev Ram (USA)  158  W 6-3, 7-6(4)
W Igor Sijsling (NED)  145  W 6-3, 7-6(3)

Dustin Brown zajmuje dziś 93 pozycję w rankingu, najwyższą w karierze.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#32 15-11-2010 13:37:47

jaccol55

Administrator

Zmiana obywatelstwa i od razu zwycięstwo w swoim "nowym" kraju. Może inni zawodnicy też powinni pomyśleć o zmianie obywatelstwa?

#33 15-11-2010 13:45:41

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

jaccol55 napisał:

Zmiana obywatelstwa i od razu zwycięstwo w swoim "nowym" kraju. Może inni zawodnicy też powinni pomyśleć o zmianie obywatelstwa?

To chyba tylko w przypoadku Niemców działa. Ichniejsza Kadra piłkarska zna masę takich przypadków. Wszyscy po otrzymaniu literek GER przed nazwiskiem zacyznają grać jak oszalali.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#34 25-12-2010 18:19:28

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 92 (najwyżej w karierze)
Turnieje: 0
Finały: 0
Mecze: 6-10
Zarobki: $228,487

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#35 22-05-2011 19:58:45

Serenity

User

Getting to know - Dustin Brown.

Dustin Brown is one of those players who doesn't quite fit the mould. After recently playing under the Jamaican flag, the German world number 109 hired best friend and car-crash survivor Daniel Puttkammer to be his coach as he prepares for his first ever French Open appearance.

With his red vest and flying dreadlocks, 26-year-old Dustin Brown looks slightly out of place training out on court no.14. Complete with shaved head and baggy basketball shorts, Coach Daniel Puttkammer strikes an equally unorthodox figure, so it is hardly surprising the pair have built up a reputation on the tour for standing out from the crowd. Puttkammer admits the accusation: "It's true, but Dustin's the one who's really different. With the way he looks and plays on court, he's got something new. Dustin likes being a showman, not just for the fans, but for himself. He needs it. And tennis needs more people like him!"

The player with the huge talent, big attitude and frequent outbursts also goes by the nickname Dready, and he also pleads guilty as charged. "I like getting people worked up, I like feeling the energy from the stands. I feed off it. It's good, because I get the feeling that's what the French crowd likes."

After making it to the quarter-finals in Johannesburg and Newport, and defeating Stanislas Wawrinka in Munich this year, Brown, ranked world no.109, now feels he is ready to break through into the highest echelons of the game. It is even written on his website: "A man with the desire to do something… can do anything!"

"Dready" and his camping car
That has been Brown's motto from an early age, and the 26-year-old has shown remarkable determination on his path to the ATP circuit.

After learning the game in Jamaica, Brown criss-crossed Europe in a camping car for years in search of ranking points. According to his coach, who is also his best friend, "He had no support, no money. It was rough."
Puttkammer and Brown met at a tennis academy near Hanover. At the time, 18-year-old Puttkammer was one of the top 100 players in Germany, dreaming of a professional career. That dream was shattered one fateful day, when the youngster was involved in a terrible car crash, tore his spleen and ended up with three litres of blood in his stomach. "I nearly died. The doctors said it was a miracle," he explained. Three weeks of hospital and a year of physiotherapy later, he picked up his racket, but not where he left off...

A reunion of old friends
Meanwhile, Dready was making progress. After taking the Futures tournaments by storm in his camping car, he progressed to the Challengers and entered the top 100 with something approaching flamboyance. It was then, in September 2010, that he decided to put his prize money to good use and give his old friend Puttkammer a call. "I'd never had a coach before, and I thought maybe it was time to get one," recalls Dustin. "Who better to call than an old friend?"

Puttkammer's dream is now becoming reality - even if it is vicariously. "It's great to experience this with Dustin. And two pairs of eyes are better than one. I see things he doesn't see. He has so many strong points, it's easy to build an arsenal. No-one is faster than him when he hits off one of his cannonballs. He just needs to be more consistent."

Brown's racket speed is out of this world, and his volley more than acceptable. He has a feel for the game, and always gives it everything. Now he just needs to keep his focus, and with a tough match against Argentinean Leonardo Mayer on Monday, he will be put to the test. "After that, the draw is open - anything's possible," says Dready. For this very Jamaican German, it is about living up to his motto.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 10042.html

Stopka forum

RSS