Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#341 16-11-2010 15:03:48

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Re: Andy Murray

Murray can be great, but needs to do it when people are watching

There's an old story about a jazz saxophonist who had stardom written all over him. He had the touch, a gift; anyone could see that. But somehow, things just didn't work out. Must have been the nerves. Every time he hit the big time -- New York, New Orleans, Chicago -- he bombed horribly, and he never did fulfill that promise.

"Yeah," he'd say in the ensuing years, "but I knocked 'em dead in Hoboken."

The story came to mind over the weekend as Andy Murray played Roger Federer in the Shanghai final. All year, we've watched Murray as a sad replica of his image, falling short at the majors while people wondered if he was some sort of head case. This lasted right through the U.S. Open. So he picks Shanghai -- tennis' answer to a champagne-and-confetti party on January 5 -- to give Federer a good thrashing.

Now the hype begins anew. Watch out for Murray at the Australian; he's really got it together now. And maybe he does. When he's really rolling, Murray gives the performance of a true virtuoso. Who else has the tactical eccentricity to throw Federer so noticeably off his game?

As little snippets of personal information come forth about today's athletes, there are things you just don't want to hear. You'd hate to find out, for instance, that your favorite quarterback has watched Ishtar a thousand times, or that some fearsome cleanup hitter can't decide between "Sugar Sugar" and "We're an American Band" as his all-time favorite record.

More than a couple of times, I've read that Murray is obsessed with video games -- like, all day long. Six, seven hours at a time. If that's true, I'll go public with a forecast that he'll never win a major. Zero. Lifetime. It would explain why his mind goes so far astray on court sometimes, because he spends way too much time being a mindless rockhead.

(Say it ain't so, Andy. Tell us you're actually studying films of Ken Rosewall and Lew Hoad with Rod Laver.)

If Murray really wants to make a mark in this game, he'll have to do so when people are really paying attention. Who remembers the highlights of his eight career wins (against just five losses) against Federer? A far more vivid memory is this year's Australian, when Murray appeared to have Federer vanquished, only to blow some key shots and let the Swiss legend reassemble his game.

Perhaps the most telling aspect of Murray's straight-sets win on Sunday was Federer's growing frustration. In the fourth game of the second set, Murray challenged a call in the midst of a point Federer thought he had closed with an overhead winner. It lead to a service break, giving Murray a 3-1 lead, and Federer said afterward, "It was a classic bad mistake by the linesperson. In the end, it's what maybe cost me the match. It happens all the time. You hope it doesn't happen in the finals against a great player like Andy on a break point."

Give Murray credit for a scintillating performance, and after the year he's had, he's not particular about the setting. It's just that he hasn't convinced everyone, including some of his most ardent supporters, that he's capable of winning a major. Until he does, there will be serious questions about his big-match mentality.
Once again, John, you've said it all.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w … index.html

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#342 19-11-2010 19:44:11

jaccol55

Administrator

LONDON CALLING
DEUCE

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/5DF2CF7FD2AA44B28627B539B13058F9.ashx

“It’s amazing I get to play in front of a home crowd again,” said British No. 1 Andy Murray when he was first told he’d qualified for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. “It was such a good atmosphere last year. It was the first year at The O2, and they put on a great event. I look forward to competing again.”

This will be Murray’s third appearance in his capital city this year. He reached the third round at the AEGON Championships in June, and then, a couple of weeks later delighted British fans with his stunning run to the semi-finals at Wimbledon. One of those British fans was The Queen, who watched her subject in action and met him in person after his match.

While spectators at Murray’s other tournaments throughout the year may not have been quite so regal, he has nevertheless posted some sovereign results. After reaching the final of the Australian Open in January – the first Briton to do so since the 1970s – he later lifted trophies at two ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events, in Toronto and Shanghai, winning both finals over Roger Federer in straight sets.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE-Tennis/DEUCE-Finals-2010/~/media/85BD31CA9D92419E9870659AEF8F8B63.ashx?w=180&h=250&as=1 All of which brings his total tally of tour-level titles to 16. When you consider that fellow Britons Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski won 11 and 15 titles respectively before retiring, it’s fair to say that Murray is now Britain’s most successful tennis player in the Open Era. And still only 23 years old.

It’s quite an achievement, and one that Murray has worked very hard for. Currently ranked No. 5 in the world – but previously as high as No. 2 – he looks to be one of the most physically strong of all the players on the tour. His ability to chase down balls other players would leave for dead and his knack of striking aggressive winners from almost anywhere on the court make him a very intimidating opponent. Often, even more effective than this, is the way he disorientates opponents by constantly varying his style of play.

Murray knows that if he is to reach the very top of the South African Airways ATP Rankings he needs to both heighten this aggression and continue with the variation, especially when he’s up against three players ranked above him: Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic.

“I have to make them feel like they’re under pressure a little bit more,” he said recently. “I think when I played [and beat] Roger in Toronto, I played a lot more aggressive; didn’t give him many chances to really dictate the points, especially on my serve. That’s something I need to do against them in the future if I want to beat them.”

Murray believes he knows which areas to target. “Roger plays closer to the baseline, but he doesn’t hit as many winners off his backhand. You obviously need to try to keep the ball away from Roger’s forehand, whereas Novak, he can hurt you from any part of the court. You need to kind of balance your attacks a bit more. You need to change the pace of the ball, use some slice, try not to let him get in too much of a rhythm because when he is in a rhythm he can dictate the points.”

Based in Surrey, where he lives in a £5 million mansion with his girlfriend Kim Sears and his pet Border Terrier Maggie, Murray is very much the local boy at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. It’s surely an advantage that he can commute home after matches, instead of having to stay in a hotel.

Aside from Kim and Maggie (the latter of whom incidentally now has her own Twitter page), other members of Murray’s entourage include part-time coach Alex Corretja (who twice reached the Roland Garros final), strength and conditioning coaches Jez Green and Matt Little, and physio Andy Ireland. Murray says he plans to appoint a full-time coach in the near future.

When it comes to family there is father William (who works in retail management), mother Judy (a professional tennis coach) and older brother Jamie, whom he teamed up with to win the Valencia doubles title earlier this month.

It was thanks to his older brother that, in the week ahead of their Valencia triumph, Murray made a rare trip back to his hometown of Dunblane, up in Scotland. The occasion was Jamie’s wedding to his Colombian girlfriend Alejandra Gutierrez. As best man, Murray stood alongside his brother – both men in kilts, of course – at the private ceremony at Cromlix House, a luxury hotel near Dunblane. Murray also organised Jamie’s stag party at a nightclub in the West End of London.

But now his entire focus will be on the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. In 2008, on his debut in the season finale, when the tournament was played in Shanghai, he reached the semi-finals. Last year he won two matches and lost one match during round robin play, after which he narrowly missed out on qualification into the semi-finals due to game difference.

This year, as the only home nation player competing, he must ensure he progresses further.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- … urray.aspx

#343 19-11-2010 19:50:10

jaccol55

Administrator

Andy Murray: I'll win a Grand Slam - but London calls first for world No 5

Even with what is the tennis world’s fifth most challenging tournament looming in London next week, Andy Murray cannot escape the question: when is he going to win one of the four Grand Slams?
Murray can take a decisive step towards that goal by winning the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, which he kicks off on Sunday with a testing round-robin match against the powerful Swede Robin Soderling.

But the 23-year-old Scot knows that if he were to successfully overcome the world’s seven other top players at the O2 Arena, the focus on his search for a first major title would only intensify.
‘It’s certainly not going to help my life if I start getting obsessed with it,’ he said. ‘If I don’t ever achieve it, I won’t think of myself as a failure and it won’t be through lack of trying. If I do it, it’ll be a great achievement and, anyway, I think I’ll still do it.’
Soderling spent last weekend knocking Murray out of the world’s top four and intends to spend the coming one inflicting more damage on Britain’s great hope.
The strapping Swede flew into London yesterday looking more and more like the long lost heir apparent to the likes of Bjorn Borg, Mats Wilander and Stefan Edberg, who once made their Scandanavian nation such a feared force in the sport.
At an intimidating 6ft 4in, he is not a svelte athlete like his illustrious predecessors. The violence that he brings to hitting a ball makes them look like they were playing some kind of garden party game.
Nor does he possess their laidback affability. He is happy to be more of a lone wolf in the locker room and refusing to chum up with his rivals as seems to be the current fashion among most of the world’s leading players.
He arrives in the capital fresh from winning the last of the season’s Masters level events in Paris, a city which seems to bring out the best in him.
Eighteen months ago he caused a sensation there by knocking Rafael Nadal out of the French Open, en route to making the final himself, an achievement he repeated earlier this summer.
His consistency, more impressive than his opponent of this Sunday, has allowed him finally to crash into what had become a long-established top four of Nadal, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Murray.

Soderling loves playing indoors, partly as a product of having learned the game in the tennis halls of northern Sweden.
Last year he made the semi-finals at the 02 after making the field as a late substitute. The concern for Murray is that this time he feels much better prepared.
‘This year I feel so good,’ said Soderling. ‘Twelve months ago my arm was hurting, my knee was hurting and I was tired.
‘The thing now is that even when I don’t play my best I can still win matches. Tennis is a very mental sport these days because everybody plays so well, it’s the mental side that decides a lot of matches so I have worked on that a lot.
‘By getting to the final this year (Roland Garros) I showed it wasn’t a fluke before. That was clay but the great feeling is that I can play well on every surface.’
Former world No 1 Carlos Moya, 34, is to retire at the end of the season due to a foot injury. The Spaniard won the French Open in 1998 and was at the top of the rankings a year later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis … -No-5.html

#344 20-11-2010 02:32:54

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

BARCLAYS ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS

British Favourite Murray Ending 2010 A "More Complete" Player
London, England

Andy Murray will be the focus of British attention at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.
World No. 5 Andy Murray insists he will finish the 2010 season as a more complete player and is looking forward to playing in front of home support at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

"I feel more complete. If I play well, I'll give myself a good chance of winning the matches, if I don't it's going to be hard. I just have to try to play my best tennis," Murray said on Friday, at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall, overlooking the River Thames and Houses of Parliament.

The 23-year-old Scot has picked up two ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles this year, successfully defending his Rogers Cup title and lifting the Shanghai Rolex Masters crown (d. Federer both times). He also finished runner-up at the Australian Open (l. to Federer).

Murray admitted, “It's been a good year. It's been a bit inconsistent. Definitely the last few months I feel like I've improved a lot, I've improved many different parts of my game.

"I feel like I'm starting to learn new things again, which is nice. I'm hoping to improve more before the beginning of next year."

Murray is making his third straight appearance at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. He has a 3-2 indoor record and a 5-3 record against Top 10 opponents over the past 12 months.

"It's great, all the players start every year trying to make it," he said. “Everyone knows it is a huge tournament. I want to try to qualify as many times as I can. It's a tough thing to do. Not that many guys have been able to break through and make it."

Murray, who will play Robin Soderling in his first round robin match on Sunday, insists the pressure isn’t any different than what he experiences at Wimbledon each year.

"The pressure is pretty much the same and the home crowd really does make a difference," he said. "Every tennis player will tell you when you play at home it really helps you to have the crowd behind you.

"The venue [The O2] is going to be great, as it was last year, the atmosphere was brilliant and we had full crowds for almost all of the matches and they're expecting it to be the same again."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … layer.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#345 21-11-2010 10:59:29

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Britain's No 1 Andy Murray in a hurry to toughen up for 2011

Andy Murray has already taken an executive decision to spend Christmas 3,000 miles from home.

Within days of the final ball being hit at the ATP Tour Finals at the 02 Arena next Sunday, Murray will be on a flight to his annual boot camp in Miami, where he plans to become fitter, faster and stronger when the curtain rises on a new year for him in Australia in January.

And he will not return to his luxurious mansion in Surrey for at least two months.

'I will stay in Miami until after Christmas when I take a plane to Perth to begin my new year playing again with Laura Robson for Britain in the Hopman Cup,' he explained.

'I intend to work even harder over the winter than I did last year. For us, five or six weeks is a long time away from playing a match, so it's important to keep your momentum in training.'

In America, he will willingly offer himself to the mercy of a programme devised by his fitness trainer, Jez Green.

'I have to make sure I work harder than all the other guys to give myself a chance of winning a major championship.

'I believe I can win one, but all I can do is give 100 per cent in training, and at all the tournaments I play. If I don't win one, it won't be through a lack of trying. This is what I'm working towards - and it's not something I take lightly.

'If I don't succeed, it will be because I'm not good enough.'

Murray can end the year restored to world No 3 should he win the ATP event featuring the world's elite eight players. And if he were to remain undefeated over the next eight days, Murray would depart for Miami richer by £1million.

But his opening round robin match against Robin Soderling is indicative of the challenge.

'Soderling's a big, strong guy who everyone recognises is dangerous when he's on his game,' said Murray. 'He plays huge tennis on an indoor court, where he's had his best success.'

Matches follow against Roger Federer and David Ferrer, while the other group features Rafael Nadal, winner of the last three Grand Slam titles, Novak Djokovic and Tomas Berdych.

Last month, Murray had a rare opportunity to spend time at his home town, Dunblane, where he was best man at brother Jamie's wedding. He toured haunts that had formulated his childhood years.

'Everyone knows it's important to remember where you come from,' said Murray. 'It helps keep things in perspective.'

Yet for Murray, tennis does not allow him to reflect for long. After this week, his sights will be trained on 2011.

'What's happened this year is kind of irrelevant, isn't it?' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis … -2011.html

#346 21-11-2010 11:06:16

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Andy Murray has his eyes on the biggest prize in tennis

ANDY MURRAY is on a Ł1million mission to land ATP World Tour Finals glory.

The British No 1 goes into battle at the O2 tomorrow knowing he is just five matches from bagging the most lucrative title in tennis.

Muzza has been put in a round-robin group alongside world No 2 Roger Federer, Spain's David Ferrer and Sweden's Robin Soderling, who he faces first.

But the Surrey-based Scot will be backed by a partizan Brit crowd, who are set to pack out the O2 every night.

Murray, 24, said: "The crowd does make a big difference and it's always nice to have them on your side.

"This tournament is great and all the players want to make it.

"I have had a good few years on tour and want to qualify for this as many times as I can.

"It is tough to break through as there are only eight spots up for grabs but I'll try my best to win it and feel pretty confident now."

World No 1 Rafa Nadal, Czech Thomas Berdych, Serbian Novak Djokovic and Yank Andy Roddick will contest Group B - and all eight players warmed up for the finals with a trip to 10 Downing Street to meet Prime Minister David Cameron on Thursday night.

The visit appeared to go down a treat, although Brit Murray seemed to receive special treatment.

World No 3 Djokovic said: "It was great to meet Mr Cameron away from the media, where he was relaxed.

"He just seemed like an ordinary man but, for a lot of the time, he was speaking with Andy. I was trying to listen in."

Swiss ace Fed added: "Mr Cameron was very excited to have us there. He was giving more tips to Murray than to me. Nothing I could use for my game quite yet though!"

Nadal, who has bagged a sensational three Grand Slams this year, will certainly be the freshest after five weeks' rest.

Out of his 43 career wins, just one has come indoors in Madrid.

But the Spaniard, 24, said: "I am going to be playing with special motivation and using everything in my powers to play well there."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp … ennis.html

#347 21-11-2010 18:22:44

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

ATP World Tour Finals - Murray overpowers Soderling in opener

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20101121/25/4ada2fb73d33102d8578232f7dbb3a12.jpg

Andy Murray made a solid start to the ATP World Tour Finals in London as he thumped Robin Solderling 6-2 6-4 in his opening match at the imposing O2 Arena.

Murray, the world number five, came into the match a spot below Soderling in the world rankings after the Swedish player's success in winning the Paris Masters last week, but he made a mockery of those standings in the opening set.

Soderling could not live with Murray's court coverage, movement, pace of shot or, indeed, the consistency of his serving as the opening set turned into what could be described as a 'tennis clinic' on how a Tour professional should play the game.

He broke to move 2-1 ahead with a lovely backhand winner down the line before letting out a huge yell of "c'mon".

The estimated 17,500 crowd were certainly getting their money's worth in tension that had more than an air of the Davis Cup about it.

The viewing public continued to drool over the antics of the home favourite as he secured the double break to move 5-2 ahead as Soderling, who looked nervous and unsettled in the vast arena, cut a frustrated and lonely figure.

A stunning ace of 139mph helped Murray bring up a second set point after he missed three successive first serves in the eighth game of the match, but he was left to revel in applause when he won it with a lovely little drop shot that left Soderling looking like a carthorse as he tried in vain to scramble across the court.

If the first set was something akin to an exhibition match, the second set became a whole lot more interesting as Soderling slowly began to discover glimpses of the form that has carried him to two French Open finals over the past two years.

Murray managed to resist a break point in trailing 2-3 and that seemed to be the catalyst for him to claim the second set as the imposing Swedish player finally caved in after six gruelling games of the set.

He saved one of three break points from 0-40 down, but a double fault was enough for Murray to snag the game and tilt the match firmly in his favour.

All that was left was for Murray to tie up the loose ends.

A couple of solid service games from the Scot was enough to put the match to bed, and complete his first victory over Soderling since 2006. The manner of Murray's success bodes well for his prospects of advancing from the group stage of the tournament.

Murray faced only one break point in the match, but produced 10 aces compared to Soderling's two. He won 75 per cent of points on his first serve and 63 per cent on his second serve. In comparison, his opponent could win only 33 per cent of his points on second serve.

Roger Federer meets David Ferrer in the second match of the day in Group B on Sunday evening.

Murray needs to finish in the top two in the group to reach the semi-final stage with the pressure on Soderling to win his remaining two matches to give himself a chance of progress.
Eurosport

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/21112010/58/ … pener.html

#348 22-11-2010 14:57:00

Serenity

User

Greg Rusedski questions Andy Murray mental toughness

Former British number one Greg Rusedski believes Andy Murray only needs to improve the mental side of his game to win a first Grand Slam title.

Murray, the world number five, has reached two Grand Slam finals, losing both to Roger Federer.

And Rusedski said the Scot has more than enough talent to win a major.

"For me the problem with Andy Murray's game is not his backhand or his forehand but what goes on in between the ears," Rusedski told BBC Sport.

The 23-year-old Murray, who swept past fourth seed Robin Soderling at the ATP World Tour Finals on Sunday, has been a mixed year.

He reached the Australian Open final in January, the semi-finals of Wimbledon but went out in the third round of the US Open and the fourth round of the French Open, while also splitting with coach Miles Maclagan in July.

"The biggest question mark for him is to have that consistency of the top players and mentally being at that level," added Rusedski, himself a finalist in the US Open in 1997, added on Radio 5 live's Sportsweek programme.

"That is the 1% he has to add to his game that Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have already. If he does that then he has a good chance to win majors because the talent is there. He is a phenomenally talented player.

"Being a top player is about having that belief and remaining calm when the pressure points arise and being calm enough to take those opportunities."

But history is on Murray's side and Rusedski is sure he can overcome the psychological hurdle.

"He will have his chance in a 10-year-career," said Rusedski.

"If you've made the top 10 before the age of 20 [as Murray did in April 2007] only one player in the history of the game has not won a major and that is Marcelo Rios.

"So for me the statistics look really good for Andy Murray, and he is too good a player not to win a major."

On Murray's search for a coach, Rusedski added: "There has been talk about possibly Mats Wilander becoming his coach.

"Mats has won seven Grand Slam titles and is a former world number one. He has done it and got the t-shirt."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/9213828.stm

#349 30-11-2010 00:05:58

Art

User

Murray will rock

ANDY MURRAY is planning to put on a Saturday supershow to leave Anne Widdecombe and Wagner firmly in the shade.

The British No 1 will take on the majestic might of Rafa Nadal today in the last four of the World Tour finals - in what promises to be as explosive as anything on the box.

Strictly Come Dancing and X Factor may get the public seal of approval - but try telling the 17,500 packed into the O2 that the best entertainment of the day will not be coming from the tennis court.

If Muzza manages to stun the world No 1 it will certainly be as staggering as watching former Tory minister Widdecombe strut her stuff in front of Bruce Forsyth.

The Surrey-based Scot said: "No, I don't watch X Factor or Strictly Come Dancing. My girlfriend watches them. I go on the computer when that's on.

"But hopefully it will be better than watching Anne Widdecombe dancing!"

Murray weirdly insisted after sealing his spot in the last four that he had no chance of beating Nadal, who booked his semi-final ticket by beating Tomas Berdych yesterday.

The Brit followed up his outburst on Twitter yesterday, hinting that he was being sarcastic - a clear sign Muzza was angry at criticism following his feeble loss to Roger Federer on Tuesday.

Spanish superstar Nadal reckons Murray's negativity has simply piled more pressure on the home favourite.

He joked: "If Andy said that then he should pull out because of the pressure!"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp … -rock.html

#350 30-11-2010 00:07:03

Art

User

Murray is tempted to carry on without coach

Andy Murray is ready to keep faith with his present entourage rather than replace Miles Maclagan, the coach he parted company with this summer. The 23-year-old Scot had been planning to spend some time this winter recruiting a replacement, but after finishing the season on a high note he has had second thoughts.

Having won two Masters Series titles since the split with Maclagan, Murray ended his competitive campaign by reaching the semi-finals of the ATP World Tour Finals, an achievement that secured his return to No 4 in the world rankings. He lost 7-6, 3-6, 7-6 to Rafael Nadal on Saturday in one of the best matches of the year.

Alex Corretja, the former world No 2 who originally signed up to help during the clay-court season, has continued to work with Murray on a part-time basis, while Dani Vallverdu, a close friend since his days with the Scot at the Sanchez-Casal academy in Barcelona, has been a regular hitting partner. Jez Green and Matt Little, Murray's physical trainers, and Andy Ireland, his physiotherapist, have also provided continuity.

Might Murray consider carrying on with the present arrangements? "Definitely," he said. "I like working with the guys I work with. I've started improving and learning stuff again and the way things are now I feel everyone works well together. I just need to make sure that if I feel everyone is as motivated as I am to get me working to get to No 1, I'll probably keep working with the same bunch of guys and don't necessarily need to add anything. I need to wait and see because there are a lot of great coaches that I could work with."

After flying to the Bahamas later this week to play in a charity event, Murray will go to Miami, where he will spend the rest of the off season training before playing in the Hopman Cup in Perth in the first week of the new year.

Having come within two points of beating Nadal, Murray said that the performance would give him encouragement for the future.

"I need to be able to play that level for the whole year," he said. "This match is a huge motivation to get myself prepared properly in Miami and to improve everything. It does come down to the small differences. I need to train like the best player in the world. That's the only choice I have."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tenn … 46284.html

#351 05-12-2010 21:53:51

Serenity

User

Unwelcome wake-up call for Murray prior to off-season training

Andy Murray was forced to begin his weekend with a surprise 6 a.m. drug test before flying out of frigid Britain and into the December heat of the Bahamas.

The Scot is due to play in a charity exhibition organised by fellow ATP pro Mark Knowles, a native of the island.

But Murray was hardly pleased by his rude awakening, Tweeting: "Off to Bahamas today! Nice little 6am drug test to start the day off, must be a weird job being a drug tester waking random people up staring at their privates and then leaving! Surely there is a law against that."

The world No. 4 will not have to worry about the cold for another two months as he goes onto December training at his base in hot-house Miami followed by a late December flight to Australia and a second appearance at the Hopman Cup teams event in Perth.

Murray is hoping to inject some consistency in to his 2011 season after losing the final of the Australian Open to Roger Federer, and going out in the first week of the US Open. On the plus side, he won two Masters 1000 titles and reached the semis of the year-end final in London.

"I go to Miami every year at this time and I plan to work harder than ever. That might involve longer sessions, more hours, and just making sure everything is even more professional," Murray said. "I'll be in Florida for Christmas.

"I've got friends out there but I'm not sure yet whether I'll see my family - it's a sacrifice you have to make."

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20101204/ … n_training

#352 10-12-2010 09:57:21

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Murray bez genu zwycięzcy?

Andy Murray w sierpniu w wielkim stylu wygrał turniej w Toronto pokonując po drodze Rafaela Nadala i Rogera Federera. Liczący na niego Brytyjczycy mieli nadzieję, że w końcu doczekają się wielkoszlemowego triumfu, tymczasem Andy z US Open odpadł w III rundzie. Dlaczego tak się dzieje, że fantastycznie grający w cyklu Masters 1000 Szkot w Wielkich Szlemach nigdy nie potrafi się wznieść na sam szczyt?Szkot w tym sezonie swoją kolekcję trofeów powiększył o te wywalczone w Toronto i Szanghaju. W sumie na swoim koncie ma 16 tytułów, z czego sześć zdobytych w cyklu Masters 1000. Urodzony z Dunblane tenisista ma dodatni bilans spotkań z Rogerem Federerem (8-6), ale przegrał ze Szwajcarem te najważniejsze mecze, w finale US Open 2008 i Australian Open 2010 nie wygrywając w nich seta.

Dwa wielkoszlemowe finały dla 23-letniego tenisisty to oczywiście spory sukces, ale jest w nim coś takiego co każe zaryzykować śmiałą tezę, że po wielkoszlemowy tytuł nigdy nie sięgnie. Murray to jeden z najlepszych specjalistów od gry z kontry w dzisiejszym tenisie. Sprytny, świetnie poukładany taktycznie, najwięcej kończących uderzeń notujący będąc w głębokiej defensywie, cierpliwie rozgrywający wymiany, wymuszający błędy. Jego tenis oparty jest na wybijaniu rywali z rytmu za pomocą technicznych zagrań. Jego mocną stroną jest też return. Świetnie czyta grę i dopasowuje swoją taktykę do ruchów rywala. Wszystko wygląda pięknie: inteligencja i spryt, świetny pierwszy serwis, do tego return, ale jest w jego grze jeden poważny mankament. Jest to tenis zbyt delikatny i defensywny, by mógł mu zapewnić zdobycie wielkoszlemowego tytułu.

I znów warto wrócić do turnieju w Toronto. Tam grał tenis odważny, maszerował ochoczo do siatki, skracał wymiany, czym zaskoczył wszystkich rywali, z Nadalem i Federerem na czele. Ale już na Flushing Meadows widzieliśmy tego samego Andy'ego: do bólu konsekwentnego, biernego, przyczajonego, czekającego na błędy rywali bądź też na okazję do skończenia dłuższej wymiany. Szkot chce być cwanym lisem, który przechytrzy wszystkich, ale w ostateczności zawsze okazuje się zbyt miękki i to on zostaje upolowany przez silniejszych od siebie rywali.

Dla jednego z największych taktyków we współczesnym tenisie paradoksalnie ta taktyka jest największym problemem. Czasem tak się zaplącze w tych swoich taktycznych zagrywkach, że sam wpada w zasadzkę, którą przygotował rywalowi. Ta delikatność, pieszczenie piłki jest skuteczne, ale do czasu. W Wielkich Szlemach Murrayowi brakuje ikry, lwiego pazura, przemienia się w przestraszonego kociaka nie potrafiącego dobijać rywali, choć nawet w cyklu Masters 1000 wydaje się, że jest już przygotowany do mocnego ataku. Negatywny wpływ ma też na niego mama. Ile to już mieliśmy przypadków rodziców wtrącających się w kariery swoich dzieci, gdy ich nadopiekuńczość doprowadzała do katastrofy.

Co powoduje, że Andy ciągle pozostaje bez wielkoszlemowego tytułu? Jest to efekt słabości fizycznej, nieumiejętność wytrzymania trudów dwutygodniowej rywalizacji? A może jest to słabość psychiczna, czyli nieumiejętność radzenia sobie z presją Brytyjczyków czekających na wielkoszlemowy tytuł od prehistorycznych czasów? A może Andy po prostu nie ma genu urodzonego zwycięzcy?

autor: Łukasz Iwanek

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … zwyciezcy/

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#353 20-12-2010 17:52:49

jaccol55

Administrator

MURRAY RETAINS CORRETJA THROUGH WIMBLEDON

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/D0608740F33941C2A75E9A2D76BF63A7.ashx
Andy Murray and Alex Corretja take time out
during training.

World No. 4 Andy Murray has confirmed that Spaniard Alex Corretja will continue as his main coach for at least the first half of 2011.

In a statement on Murray’s official website, the Scot also confirmed that Dani Vallverdu would carry on assisting him with training.

"Andy has taken time out from his busy pre-season fitness training to confirm that the current coaching set-up, with both Alex Corretja and Dani Vallverdu, will continue into the first half of next year.

"The guys are busy planning their tournament schedule for the early part of 2011 and are, as a team, very focused on preparing in the best way possible for each tournament."

Corretja, a former World No. 2 and two-time Roland Garros finalist, was initially employed in 2008 as a part-time consultant during for the spring European clay-court swing.

In July 2010, Corretja took on a wider role after Murray split with his former coach Miles Maclagan.

The 23-year-old Murray compiled a 46-18 match record on the season, including two ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles at Montreal and Shanghai (d. Federer both times).

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … retja.aspx

#354 21-12-2010 20:31:18

jaccol55

Administrator

Murray i Corretja ciągle w jednym teamie

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/photos/48ca4eb84e639504288929.gif

Przynajmniej na pierwszą część sezonu 2011 Àlex Corretja pozostanie szkoleniowym konsultantem (na prawach trenera) Andy'ego Murraya, czwartego singlisty świata, dwukrotnego finalisty wielkoszlemowego.

Murray poinformował na oficjalnej stronie internetowej o przedłużeniu współpracy z byłym hiszpańskim mistrzem, a także swoim ex partnerem deblowym, Wenezuelczykiem Danielem Vallverdu.

Sezon dla Murraya rozpocznie się w Nowy Rok, gdy wystartuje Puchar Hopmana w Perth. Podobnie jak przed rokiem, Andy stworzy parę z Laurą Robson; w grupie B zmierzą się z Włochami (Schiavone), Francją (Mahut) i USA (Isner).

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … ym-teamie/

#355 25-12-2010 18:50:15

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 4
Turnieje: 2 (Toronto, Szanghaj)
Finały: 2 (Australian Open, LA)
Mecze: 46-18
Zarobki: $4,046,805

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#356 28-12-2010 15:19:57

jaccol55

Administrator

#357 30-12-2010 14:57:16

jaccol55

Administrator

The Last Word: ATP No. 4, Andy Murray

http://tennis.com/articles/articlefiles/9433-201011271201433123501-p2@stats_com.jpg
Murray has beaten the biggest players, just not at the biggest moments.

Best of 2010
Murray has set the bar of expectations high enough that this could be looked at as a disappointing season, despite some excellent results. While he won two Masters titles, it was his runner-up finish at the Australian Open, which included a scintillating win over Rafael Nadal, that was most impressive.

Worst of 2010

The worst came right after the best. Murray handled Roger Federer twice this season without much trouble, but when it mattered most, in Melbourne, he didn’t have his best.

Year in Review

Murray looks at the big picture, and when you look at it from there he had a strong 2010. Finalist in Australia, semis at Wimbledon, back-to-back wins over Nadal and Federer in Toronto, a blowout win over Federer in Shanghai, and a classic battle with Nadal in the semis in London. But you also get the feeling that Murray is a little too big picture. He still couldn’t raise his game, a la Federer and Nadal, when he really needed it. How many of those classic losses can he take before he starts to wonder if he’ll ever win one of them?

See for Yourself

Murray pushed Nadal to the brink at the World Tour Finals:

The Last Word
It’s hard to make predictions when it comes to Murray. He swings between promise and disappointment every couple of months. There’s a Slam in his game somewhere, but his best hope is still someone else taking out Rog or Rafa for him.

—Steve Tignor

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/fe … 3&zoneid=9

#358 30-12-2010 14:57:36

jaccol55

Administrator

The Last Word: ATP No. 4, Andy Murray

http://tennis.com/articles/articlefiles/9433-201011271201433123501-p2@stats_com.jpg
Murray has beaten the biggest players, just not at the biggest moments.

Best of 2010
Murray has set the bar of expectations high enough that this could be looked at as a disappointing season, despite some excellent results. While he won two Masters titles, it was his runner-up finish at the Australian Open, which included a scintillating win over Rafael Nadal, that was most impressive.

Worst of 2010

The worst came right after the best. Murray handled Roger Federer twice this season without much trouble, but when it mattered most, in Melbourne, he didn’t have his best.

Year in Review

Murray looks at the big picture, and when you look at it from there he had a strong 2010. Finalist in Australia, semis at Wimbledon, back-to-back wins over Nadal and Federer in Toronto, a blowout win over Federer in Shanghai, and a classic battle with Nadal in the semis in London. But you also get the feeling that Murray is a little too big picture. He still couldn’t raise his game, a la Federer and Nadal, when he really needed it. How many of those classic losses can he take before he starts to wonder if he’ll ever win one of them?

See for Yourself

Murray pushed Nadal to the brink at the World Tour Finals:

The Last Word
It’s hard to make predictions when it comes to Murray. He swings between promise and disappointment every couple of months. There’s a Slam in his game somewhere, but his best hope is still someone else taking out Rog or Rafa for him.

—Steve Tignor

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/fe … 3&zoneid=9

#359 01-01-2011 16:00:00

jaccol55

Administrator

Cahill always has time for Murray

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/1523.jpg

Andy Murray's decision to go without a big-name major coach until at least the summer has been fixed for weeks.

But the Scot remains secure in the knowledge that he can always count on quiet behind-the-scenes advice from uber-coach Darren Cahill.

The Las Vegas-based Australian was mentioned last summer as a possible mentor for Murray, but withdrew his name from consideration due to the travelling involved. But the 45-year-Aussie who made his name with Lleyton Hewitt and Andre Agassi, still has plenty of time for Murray.

"I love the guy, he's one of the best characters on the ATP tour,” said Cahill, who also spends time in the television broadcast booth. "Andy knows where I am if he wants a chat or a bit of advice. I would be delighted to help him.”

Cahill is known as a top tennis strategist. But he says that Murray is smart enough to work on the strengths of his own game without constant supervision. Murray is committed to work with his Spanish advisor Alex Corretja until at least mid-year as well as with his regular set of Team Murray physios and trainers.

"Andy is the sort of player who can figure things out for himself. It will do Andy no harm to have a period on his own," said Cahill. "He's a clever player and one who has all the shots. He thinks deeply about tennis and this could be a period of growth for him. It offers him more personal responsibility to solve problems.”

Murray is competing at the Hopman Cup teams event, where he reached the final in 2010 with partner Laura Robson. The event is the first of the tuneups for the Australian Open, which starts January 17.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20101 … for_Murray

#360 02-01-2011 22:43:36

jaccol55

Administrator

Motivated Murray has top two in his sights

http://www.sport360.com/images/stories/January2011/3janimages/03-andy-murray-crop.jpg
More to come: Murray says he has worked hard on his serve as he prepares for another
bid at landing his first Grand Slam

Andy Murray believes he still needs to improve if he is to land a maiden Grand Slam tournament victory and overcome the challenge presented by two of the greatest players the game has ever seen.

Last year Murray, who is ranked No.4 in the world, reached the final at the Australian Open where he lost to an inspired Roger Federer, and the semi-finals at Wimbledon where Rafael Nadal ended his quest.

Speaking in Perth on Sunday as he prepared to partner teenager Laura Robson for Great Britain against Italy in the mixed-teams Hopman Cup on Monday, Murray, 23, admitted he had work to do to improve his chances against the top two players in the world.

His last game of 2010, when he was beaten by Nadal in a thrilling three-set semi-final at the ATP Finals in London at the end of November, was a “great match”, he said and “a good way in many ways to finish the year”.

But he added: “It would have been good to win the match.

“I had to go away and realise that I played a great match but that I still needed to get better if I want to beat Rafa and Roger in the Slams.

“That is hopefully what I have been able to do.”

He has been concentrating on improving his serve in the off-season. "One of the most important shots in the game is the serve, the serve and the return, and I have worked a lot on my serve,” he said.

“I think from the baseline I have matched up well with Roger and Rafa in the past but I’ll need to serve well and return well against them if I want to beat them.”

Murray conceded he lacked consistency last year. After his Australian Open final appearance, he lost in the second round in Dubai, Miami and Monte Carlo, although he also won Masters events at Shanghai and Toronto during the year, beating Federer in both finals.

But he reached only the third round of the US Open, and the fourth round in the French Open.

“It was just a very up and down season last year,” Murray admitted. “I played great at the Aussie Open, I played great again at Wimbledon, and then the periods in between weren’t so good.

“I still finished four in the world and won a couple of the big Masters Series but yeah, obviously I would have liked it to have been more consistent.”

As he did 12 months ago, Murray turned his back on the season-opening Qatar Open in Doha to use the Hopman Cup as preparation for the Australian Open later this month.

The mixed teams event, with a guarantee of six matches - three singles and three mixed doubles - in the Perth heat was perfect for his needs heading to Melbourne, he said.

He had fond memories of last year’s Australian Open, he added, despite being beaten in straight sets in the final. “This will be a good gauge here to see where my game is at,” Murray said.

http://www.sport360.com/tennis/news/132 … his-sights

Stopka forum

RSS