Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#381 05-02-2011 11:49:09

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Andy Murray

25 zawodowych finałów Murraya

Finał Australian Open był  wielkoszlemowym finałem w karierze 24-letniego Szkota i 25 pojedynkiem finałowym w karierze. Murray wygrał 16 turniejów, a niecały tydzień temu w Melbourne przegrał mecz o tytuł po raz 9.

Andy Murray - przegrane finały (9)

2011 Australian Open
2010 Los Angeles, Australian Open
2009 TMS Indian Wells
2008 US Open
2007 Metz, Doha
2006 Washington
2005 Bangkok

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#382 16-02-2011 11:37:51

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Murray pulls out of Dubai citing wrist injury

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110216/25/f3c0447297aa1c90a096937c806f8193.jpg

Beaten Australian Open finalist Andy Murray has pulled out of next week's Dubai Open, citing a wrist injury.

"Andy would like to apologise to both the tournament and its fans," a simple two sentence statement on his official website read.

The Scot was last week bumped out of Rotterdam by Marcos Baghdatis, his first match since losing the Australian Open showpiece to Novak Djokovic last month.

That Melbourne defeat was the third time a Grand Slam final appearance has ended in defeat for the world number five, who is yet to win one of tennis's four major titles.

His next tournament is now listed as the March 10-20 Indian Wells Masters event.

Murray last year came under fire in Dubai for saying after a loss at the tournament that he had employed experimental tactics.

He was beaten by unseeded Janko Tipsarevic after an unusual display in which he charged the net more than usual and went for a greater number of winners.

"I think it was a good learning experience - if it was a Slam, my tactics would have been different," Murray said afterwards.
Reuters

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/16022011/58/ … njury.html

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#383 12-03-2011 13:29:18

Kazik

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Robin Soderling

Murray looks to the future.

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110311/25/2f78d2884b22520505f2e44d30d92874.jpg

Britain's Andy Murray, in a bid to break his Grand Slam duck, has adopted a forward-looking strategy for this season while attempting to learn from his mistakes in the past.

The 23-year-old Scot has reached three Grand Slam finals without going on to seal victory, most recently at January's Australian Open when he was pummelled by Serb Novak Djokovic.

"I've been thinking a lot for the future," Murray said while preparing for the Indian Wells ATP tournament. "I haven't been thinking too much about the past which maybe wasn't the case at this stage last year.

"I think it's been a huge benefit. I've seen many positives from the start of this year but now it's time to make sure I have kept improving and I'm not staying at the same level."

Murray, who had again been hoping to end his country's 75-year wait for a major men's champion at the Australian Open, believes he has learned a great deal about handling Grand Slam pressure since the start of his career.

"There was a lot of pressure on me to do well very quickly and I feel like now I have learned not to put the emphasis all the time on winning matches," the world number five said.

"I want to make sure that I play my best tennis at the Grand Slams and I think I have started to do that better the last couple of years.

"I've just got to make sure I stay confident about the level I am trying to get to. I hope I can win here the next couple of weeks but I need to also view the things I am working on as being very important as well."

Asked what had prompted his shift to a forward-looking strategy, Murray replied: "Probably just growing up. You learn how to deal with things better and how to improve faster.

"I made mistakes when I was younger and I am starting to understand better how to deal with them and how to move on from them. It has certainly been better the last few months."

Murray has competed in only two tournaments this year, losing to Djokovic in the Australian Open final and then being beaten by Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis 6-4 6-1 in his first match in Rotterdam last month.

The Briton was forced to pull out of the Dubai Open which followed, citing a wrist injury, but he has since fully recovered and has just completed 10 days of training in Miami.

"It's been good," Murray said. "The last few years I haven't played that much (at the start of the season) and it's helped me a lot.

"You need to have a little trust in what you are training and what you're practising so when you come into the tournaments you're not as uptight if you haven't played a match for quite a while.

"I feel good. I've played a lot of practice sets to make sure I'm not going to be that rusty and I've been hitting the ball well."

Fifth-seeded Murray will play his first match at Indian Wells when he takes on American qualifier Donald Young in the second round.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/11032011/58/ … uture.html

#384 14-03-2011 17:22:44

Kazik

User

Murray game falling into another post-Melbourne slump

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/2016.jpg

For a second straight season, Andy Murray's tennis looks to be in serious trouble weeks after losing another Australian Open final.

And instead of snapping back six weeks after losing the Grand Slam title bid to Novak Djokovic, the Scot world No. 5 is in danger of falling further if he doesn't pull up his socks.

Murray's latest - and totally unexpected - disappointment came in his Indian Wells Masters opening match against 143rd-ranked American Donald Young. The 21-year-old has done nothing of note for the past half-decade after being "discovered" by John McEnroe.

But suddenly, the journeyman with the hip-hop look diamond stud and the baseball cap askew has the game to beat Murray. The loss left the Scot adrift, with doubles alongside his elder brother Jamie as his only hope now of remaining at the desert venue.

"I haven't thought about it," he said of his immediate plans. "But I've got doubles, so I'll stay here until I'm done with doubles, and then I go on to Miami and hopefully have a better week there."

Murray has played only one other match since his loss to Djokovic, going out in the Rotterdam first round to Marcos Baghdatis. The coach-less Scot remains puzzled about how to turn his game around.

"I started the match well, and when it got close to the end of the first set, I just didn't do anything particularly well. I didn't do anything to really lift myself. The crowd were for him. He started playing better and I didn't find my way back into the match."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … urne_slump

#385 25-03-2011 19:51:51

Kazik

User

Murray Hoping To Bounce Back

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/E3016422A3814B00B4E8A21EC9A21C9A.ashx

Former champion Andy Murray is hoping to get back into winning ways at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami. The World No. 5 has not won a tour-level match since reaching the Australian Open final, when he lost to in-form Novak Djokovic.

The 2009 titlist, who lost to World No. 143 Donald Young in the opening round of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, told reporters in Miami, "I want to do well here.

"It's obviously an important week for me. I have had success in the past, but obviously this tournament is hopefully where I start to play better again and have the right mindset going into matches."

Since his loss to Young, Murray admitted, "I think [I've] been sort of understanding what my game is. It's impossible to completely change. I'm not far away from the top of the game, and there's a few things I could do definitely better that would help."

FedEx Reliability Zone: Masters Of The Court

Murray, who owns an apartment and trains in Miami during the off-season and after Wimbledon in July, has been practising in Florida for the past five days.

The 23-year-old Scot commented on the change of conditions between Miami and the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells. "[It's] very different to Indian Wells, very different conditions," he said. "The ball comes off the racquet very slowly, and the balls, the longer you play with them, get slower; whereas in Indian Wells, they were getting quicker."

Murray opens his Miami campaign against Alex Bogomolov Jr. in a second-round encounter.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Back.aspx

#386 28-03-2011 19:18:20

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Lendl offers to coach Murray

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110328/25/5faa5da0b1cfaef70ece920f132a6304.jpg

Former world number one Ivan Lendl has offered to coach Andy Murray, according to widespread reports in the British media.

Lendl, the winner of eight Grand Slam titles, is believed to have contacted Murray's advisors asking to meet with the struggling Scot.

The Czech-born American seems the ideal person to identify with Murray's current struggles.

During his career, Lendl lost his first four Grand Slam finals before finally going on to win his eight majors, with Wimbledon, where he was a beaten finalist twice, being the only Slam he failed to capture.

Murray has been in two Australian Open finals and one US Open decider - but failed to win so much as a set in the best-of-five contests.

The 23-year-old is in the midst of an alarming slump in form which has seen him crash out of the recent Masters events in Indian Wells and Miami to unheralded Americans Donald Young and Alex Bogomolov Jr respectively.

Murray, who has been coached by Mark Petchey, Brad Gilbert and Miles Maclagan in the past, is currently without a full-time coach.

He employs Alex Corretja as a part-time consultant and has a travelling companion in friend Dani Vallverdu.

Former world number one Roger Federer, now number three in the rankings, has sympathised with Murray's current difficulties.

"I struggled hugely when I was between 19 and 23, so for it to happen once in a while, I don't think it's that much of a worry," he said.

"It's important he picks it up before the French (Open) and Wimbledon but he's too good a player to continue like this, so he'll be all right."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28032011/ … urray.html

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#387 28-03-2011 19:34:00

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

What's behind Andy Murray's slump in form?

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51854000/jpg/_51854188_murray_gettyb466.jpg

Given his status as arguably Scotland's top sportsman, the burning question being asked up and down the land is: what on earth is up with Andy Murray?

Since my BBC remit is to basically stalk the guy, you'd think I'd be in a great position to give you an answer. I wish.

Frankly, I haven't a clue either, other than that it must be much tougher to recover from two crushing Grand Slam defeats in Australia than even Andy realises.

And yet, how is it possible to go from the near-faultless tennis of his first six matches of the year, to the awful displays we've seen in Miami, Indian Wells and Rotterdam?

Not forgetting the hugely disappointing below-par performance in the Australian Open final itself, albeit that was against a player in Novak Djokovic, who has since proved to be unbeatable.

I'm afraid we're now in uncharted territory, as this is officially the worst run of form in Andy's career.

Since turning professional in 2005, he's never lost four matches in a row, far less lost them in straight sets. And he's failed to win a set since seeing off David Ferrer in the last four in Melbourne.

The last two defeats have arguably been the worst of his entire career, losing back to back matches to two qualifiers

It's also, sadly, the first time in his professional career he's gone out of three tournaments in a row in his first match. Rotterdam, Indian Wells and Miami 2011 will all be remembered as the events where he lasted longer

in the doubles than the singles.

And it's not just the defeats that are a cause for concern; it's the manner of the losses and the stature of the players he's losing to.

We had a similar downward spiral last year when Andy lost consecutive matches to Robin Soderling in Indian Wells, Mardy Fish in Miami and Philip Kohlschreiber in Monte Carlo.

But you'll have heard of all three of them. Kohlschreiber is just outside the top 30 and is now coached by Murray's former mentor Miles Maclagan. Fish contested the Queens club final last year and won two other titles on

the tour. And Soderling, at world number four, is clearly one of the best players on the planet.

So last year it was a slump, this year it's a mini-crisis. Of course, losing to the vastly improved Djokovic back in January in the big Melbourne final was no disgrace at all.

Simply getting there is a wonderful achievement in itself and should be celebrated and admired.

But for a player of Andy's ability, failing to take so much as a set from any of his three Grand Slam finals is not merely, if you'll excuse the pun, a major worry; it's also unprecedented in tennis's Open era.

To then go straight to Rotterdam and lose to the talented former Australian Open finalist Marcos Baghdatis was easily forgivable and, perhaps, inevitable, allowing for the post-Melbourne blues.

But what we've seen since then is a worrying disintegration of Murray's game and confidence.

The last two defeats have arguably been the worst of his career, losing back to back matches to two qualifiers.

Donald Young was ranked 143 in the world when he knocked the Scot out of Indian Wells the other week; and another American (though he was born in Moscow), Alex Bogomolov Jnr, is barely inside the top 120 and yet is celebrating a "shock" win in Miami.

No disrespect to these two fine gentlemen but Andy, as the world number 5, shouldn't be losing to them. Far less losing to them in straight sets. Indeed, the Murray of early to mid January would have crushed them.

So, what's happened since then to bring on the worst run of his career? Is it physical or mental, or a combination of both?

If it's a mental issue, Andy himself isn't letting on. He assured us he felt much better about this Aussie Open defeat than the one to Federer last year; and that, away from tennis, things are all hunky-dory in his private life.

And in the course of following him for the past couple of years, I've learnt that Andy definitely doesn't believe in sports psychology or psychologists, so it would seem that avenue of help is closed off.

So what about the physical?

I must admit, I thought Andy was carrying some sort of injury into the Australian Open final but when I asked him afterwards, he flatly denied it, though he did admit his movement around the court wasn't what it should be.

There are some long faces in team Murray at the moment: part-time consultant Alex Corretja didn't travel to Australia; was there for Indian Wells but then didn't go to Miami.

As far as I'm aware, he is still due to guide Andy through the upcoming clay court season.

And yet Andy has just promoted his hitting partner and best friend Dani Vallverdu, a former Davis Cup player for Venezuela, to be his main coach. He wants more continuity on the year-long grind that is the ATP Tour.

But where is the big-name, experienced coach who'll help guide him to the next level, a level he's surely just a couple of shots away from?

With the French Open just two months away, it's time for Andy to re-focus and re-energise

When he fired Miles Maclagan last summer, Andy said at the time he intended to look long and hard for the right man to guide him through the most important phase of his career.

No announcement came, other than to say he was staying with Corretja until after Wimbledon, when the coaching situation would be reviewed again.

There's no middle ground with Andy at the moment: he's either awesome or awful.

Back to back Australian Open finals and consecutive Masters Series final wins over Roger Federer in Toronto and Shanghai; or straight sets defeats to the likes of Donald Young and Bogomolov Jnr, whose name is an even more impressive scrabble score that yours truly.

Would Roger, Rafa, Novak or any of the rest of the top ten lose to these guys? No. Not in straight sets. And not two tournaments in a row.

So, with the French Open just two months away, it's time for Andy to re-focus and re-energise.

Last year it took him until the summer grass court season to recover his game. Let's hope he gets back to form much quicker this year.

He's far too good a player not to maximise his talent and win one of the big four. Do I believe he'll still do it? Yes.

However, if winning a match is beyond him right now, the prospect of securing a Slam must seem more daunting than ever.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/9437020.stm

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#388 05-04-2011 15:05:14

Kazik

User

Murray given Monte Carlo wildcard

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110404/25/c4b419e1fa41b7ef55bc241439a41966.jpg

Slumping world number four Andy Murray has been handed a wildcard to compete in the Monte Carlo Masters this month.

The Brit has had a miserable run since losing the Australian Open final to Novak Djokovic in January and has decided to play in Monte Carlo to get an early taste of claycourt action ahead of May's French Open.

Czech world number seven Tomas Berdych will join Murray as a wildcard in the April 9-17 tournament which includes world number one Rafael Nadal, Djokovic and Roger Federer.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/04042011/58/ … dcard.html

#389 06-04-2011 16:38:41

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Murray Aims To Regain Queen's Club Title

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/078C90D1D0BE4634BDA3E3C8237C84EC.ashx
Andy Murray won the AEGON
Championships in 2009.

Britain’s Andy Murray will return to The Queen’s Club in June to try to regain the AEGON Championships title and begin a path to grass-court glory at Wimbledon.

Murray, who lifted the trophy without dropping a set two years ago, joins the top two tennis players in the world - No.1 Rafael Nadal and No.2 Novak Djokovic, in the field.  The 2009 US Open champion Juan Martin Del Potro and four-time AEGON Championships winner Andy Roddick will also be part of the line-up at The Queen’s Club, 6th-12th June.

"Winning my first grass court title here in 2009 was an amazing feeling,” said Murray, who had never previously won a title on British soil.

“It means a lot to me to have my name on the trophy next to great champions such as John McEnroe, Pete Sampras and Rafael Nadal who have won it in the past. The Queen's Club has some of the best grass courts in the world, there are packed crowds every year and there is always a great atmosphere. Usually players that have done well at Queen's have gone on to do well at Wimbledon. I can't wait to get playing."

Murray began the year impressively, reaching the final of the Australian Open for the second successive year. He was beaten in the final by Djokovic, who in turn went on to lift the Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami titles in an unbeaten first three months of 2011.

The AEGON Championships will be broadcast live, every day from 6th-12th June, on BBC Television and Eurosport.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Club.aspx

#390 08-04-2011 20:26:01

Serenity

User

Intelligent Murray doesn't need a coach

http://l.yimg.com/i/util/anysize/376,http%3A%2F%2Fa323.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Fsimon_reed__1%2Fsimon_reed-85470007-1302104504.jpg%3Fym52h0ED46eOGEoF?v=2

Andy Murray is one of the most intelligent sportsmen I've ever come across, and he is not far off being a great player. He does not need a coach.

There has been a lot of talk recently about who Murray should have in his corner, but when you are as switched on as he is, it is pretty academic.

The key thing for Murray is to be enjoying his tennis, relishing his work off the court and generally flourishing with the people around him.

There is no need for someone else to be telling him what to do tactically, because he is incredibly astute and he thinks on his feet.

Murray is not one of the many players on Tour who need a coach to be spoon feeding them ahead of each match or motivating them to get on the practice court each day.

The Brit is a very intelligent man, and he does most of his thinking for himself.

Murray works things out very well, and he analyses his opponents and knows when to attack, and when to defend on the most part.

However, he does seem to have a proficiency to endure rather long droughts and that makes people describe him as rudderless without a coach.

But that is nonsense.

I don't think a single coach would make any difference, and what is very important is that he is not being annoyed by who is around him.

Murray had one of the best coaches in the world in his corner in Brad Gilbert, but after a while he got sick of him and stopped listening.

Once that became the case, the Brit simply moved on and it proved to be an unsuccessful partnership.

It is all very well for people to throw names into the ring, but if Murray does not enjoy being around the person in question then he will stop listening. That is just the way he is wired.

Murray has confirmed that he will travel around with a group once more, and that is all well and good.

So what if he doesn't wish to appoint a long-term single coach at this stage?

I believe it is irrelevant who Murray has in his corner at the moment, and nothing will deter him from focusing on the clay court season and beyond.

He said he was keen to make a decision before Roland Garros, but he has been wise in biding his time.

The fact is that Murray is a very difficult man to work with: there is unlikely to be a long queue of coaches willing to partner with him.

It's a tricky situation, but he must remain patient and see how this season unfolds.

But one thing is for sure: like Pete Sampras and Roger Federer before him, Murray does not need a coach.

Relationships with coaches are fraught with difficulties, and he is far too intelligent to need one.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/si … icle/5988/

#391 09-04-2011 11:56:18

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Murray still searching as he sees limits of adidas coaching

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/2102.jpg

Andy Murray's temporary coaching solution might not be the ideal one, with the No. 4 now not allowed to use the coaching brain trust retained by clothing sponsor adidas when he faces another member of the company's player stable.

That essentially means for showdowns against Fernando Verdasco, Jurgen Melzer, Mikhail Youzhny or Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the Scot is on his own for advice. Murray admitted: "It's not the fix that I'm looking for," but knows that any help can do him some good as he struggles to escape his current on-court crisis.

Murray has been without a mentor since last summer and only a fortnight ago split with part-time Spanish advisor Alex Corretja. Now the Scot is finding out how hard it is to find someone prepared to travel up to 35 weeks per year.

The adidas programme uses noted coaches including Australian Darren Cahill and Dutchman Sven Groeneveld as advisors for all company players. Murray has reportedly been in talks with various others on for a possible full-time gig but with nothing yet to report.

"I've thought about it quite a lot. I'd like to do it as soon as possible but you need to find the right person. People think it's an easy thing to do but it's really not. There might have to be a bit of sacrifice on my part to go and train wherever the coach is, to make it a bit easier for them."

As the conversation built up a life of its own last week, former pros Jimmy Connors and Ivan Lendl both said they'd be wiling to work with Murray - if the price was right. But Murray was not taken in by the idle speculation. "I'm looking for someone who can come to the big events with me, who isn't restricted in terms of the weeks they can do," he told British media. "If they can't come to the French Open, for example, then for me that's quite a big negative. I'd like them to be around at the big events."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … s_coaching

#392 11-04-2011 21:50:27

jaccol55

Administrator

Murray won't let coach choice interfere with tennis concentration

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/2016.jpg

Scotland's Andy Murray continues to look for a coaching solution, but promises to focus his attention on his tennis for the Monte Carlo tournament.

While he may dream of having British compatriot Tim Henman in his coaching corner, Andy Murray is currently dealing in reality, with the Scot saying he will put any considerations of finding a mentor on hold until after he competes in Monte Carlo and Barcelona over the next fortnight.

Murray revealed that he will be working with Australian uber-coach Darren Cahill - a member of the staff of sponsor adidas - on a temporary basis for the May ATP Masters events in Madrid and Rome as well as in the week proceeding the French Open.

"I spoke a lot about that (the coaching situation) last week," said Murray prior to his first Monte Carlo match as the season switches over to clay form hardcourt. "And I'm not any closer than I was then.

"I'm concentrating on playing now. I won't be making phone calls or thinking of it too much. After Barcelona (next week) I've got a week off so that will be the time to consider my options."

Murray had told the BBC that it would be great to have former No. 4 Henman on his team, more of a dream as the four-time Wimbledon semi-finalist ha said he is not interested in all the travel such a post would entail.

Andy Murray has revealed that he would like the chance to work with Tim Henman, the man he replaced as British number one. "I would be interested in working with Tim. I might speak to him but I haven't yet. He's an ex-player who I'm sure could help me out in many respects.

"Unfortunately, I think he's quite happy on the golf course, so I'm not sure."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … centration

#393 19-04-2011 14:33:37

FEDEER

Federasta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer FOREVER

Murray waits on scan results in Barcelona

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110418/25/cf46f0d93fe4c3eaa278e2bf68b6823a.jpg

Andy Murray is set to decide on Tuesday whether or not he will play in Barcelona after undergoing a scan on his injured elbow.
The Scot required extra time and a pain-killing injection on his right elbow before his Monte Carlo Masters semi-final against Rafael Nadal on Saturday.

He also needed extra treatment during the match which he eventually lost 6-4 2-6 6-1.

"I've seen the doctor here and been getting treatment from my phsyio the last few days and I don’t think it's anything serious," the 23-year-old told the BBC.

"Whether or not I'll be able to play this week, I'm not sure. I haven't hit any balls since Monte Carlo but I'm going to practise (on Tuesday) in the morning and see how it is, and then I'll make a decision after that."

Even if he does play, second-seeded Murray will receive an opening-round bye and will face either Juan Carlos Ferrero or Xavier Malisse in the second round.

The European clay-court season is now in full swing since the Monte Carlo Masters, continuing with the tournament in Barcelona before the Madrid and Rome Masters in the first two weeks in May and the French Open which begins on May 22.
Eurosport

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/18042011/58/ … elona.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murray out of Barcelona with injury

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110419/25/cf46f0d93fe4c3eaa278e2bf68b6823a.jpg

Second seed Andy Murray has withdrawn from this week's Barcelona Open with an elbow injury.

The 23-year-old required pain-killing injections into his right elbow before his Monte Carlo Masters semi-final against Rafael Nadal on Saturday which he eventually lost 6-4 2-6 6-1

Murray then underwent scans to the injury when he arrived in Barcelona on Monday before deciding whether or not to play.

"Under advice from the medical experts I have had to withdraw from the Barcelona tournament due to a right elbow injury," Murray said in a statement.

"I'm going to take four to five days rest and begin practising at the start of next week."

Murray is next scheduled to play in the Madrid Masters early in May, followed by the Rome Masters in the build-up to the French Open, which gets underway in Paris on May 22.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/19042011/58/ … njury.html

Roger F e d e r e r    -    G O A T
MTT:  W Memphis '11
          Final: Sztokholm '10, Cincinnati '10, Estoril '11, Nicea '11, Halle '11
          QF: Shanghai '10, Paryż - Bercy '10, Brisbane '11, Sydney '11, AUSTRALIAN OPEN '11, San Jose '11, Madryt '11, Los Angeles '11

#394 19-04-2011 18:47:42

jaccol55

Administrator

Murray nie zagra

Niedawno informowaliśmy o tym, że numer cztery światowego rankingu - Andy Murray – przejdzie szczegółowe prześwietlenie stawu łokciowego i wtedy zapadnie decyzja czy Szkot zagra w turnieju, czy nie. Najnowsze doniesienia głoszą, że uraz 23-latka niestety uniemożliwi mu występ na hiszpańskich kortach.

Kontuzja łokcia, której nabawił się Brytyjczyk przeszkadzała mu już podczas rozgrywanego w zeszłym tygodniu Monte Carlo Rolex Masters. Mimo niej, tenisista z Glasgow zaprezentował się z bardzo dobrej strony, przełamał fatalną, towarzyszącą mu od paru miesięcy passę i dotarł aż do półfinału zawodów. Tam zbyt mocny okazał się dla niego późniejszy mistrz monakijskiej imprezy – Rafael Nadal.

Informacje o stanie zdrowia Murraya sugerują, że uraz łokcia nie jest jednak na tyle poważny, aby miał zagrozić jego występowi w nadchodzącym wielkimi krokami French Open.

- Po konsultacji ze sztabem medycznym wspólnie podjęliśmy decyzję o tym, że nie wystartuję w barcelońskim turnieju – wyznał Szkot. Przez najbliższe cztery-pięć dni będę odpoczywał od tenisa, a do treningów powrócę wraz z rozpoczęciem nowego tygodnia.

http://www.tenisportal.com/news_full.ph … 4-19_17:57

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murray o swoim urazie

Najlepszy brytyjski tenisista ostatnich lat – Andy Murray – ma nadzieję, że kontuzja łokcia nie okaże się zbyt poważna, a jemu samemu będzie dane zagrać w prestiżowym Barcelona Open, który od wczoraj jest rozgrywany w stolicy Katalonii.

Problem z łokciem dawał się Szkotowi we znaki już w zeszłym tygodniu na turnieju w Monako. Mimo bólu, 23-latek z Glasgow zdołał dotrzeć aż do półfinału imprezy, gdzie po ciężkim boju uległ późniejszemu triumfatorowi Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters - Rafaelowi Nadalowi.

Nie da się jednak ukryć, że uraz Murraya w jakimś stopniu przeszkodził mu w skutecznej walce o monakijskie laury. Szkot przejdzie dzisiaj szczegółowe prześwietlenie stawu i będzie mógł zadecydować o ewentualnym udziale w meczu pierwszej rundy, który organizatorzy zaplanowali mu na środę. Brytyjczyk jest jednak dobrej myśli i jak sam przyznaje, wydaje mu się, że ta kontuzja nie powinna nieść za sobą zbyt poważnych konsekwencji.

- Jestem nastawiony bardzo optymistycznie do tej całej sytuacji – zaczął Murray. Nigdy nie zmagałem się z problemem tego typu, ale skoro mogłem wystąpić w Monte Carlo, to chyba nie jest tak tragicznie. Ból nie uniemożliwił mi gry, więc bądźmy dobrej myśli.

- Nie zamierzam wdawać się w zbędne spekulacje na temat mojego stanu zdrowia, ponieważ nie jestem autorytetem w tej dziedzinie. Mogę się mylić, a kontuzja może się okazać dużo poważniejsza niż mi się wydaje. Moim zdaniem to tylko stan zapalny, ale jak już mówiłem – nie będę się wymądrzał. Poczekam na fachową opinię mojego lekarza i wtedy będę wiedział więcej.

http://www.tenisportal.com/news_full.ph … 4-19_17:18

#395 08-05-2011 23:51:49

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Murray happy for Rome help from adidas coaches

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/2157.jpg

Andy Murray has the services this week of adidas coach Darren Cahill at the Rome Masters.

But both Australian coach and Scottish player are taking pains to point out that the arrangement is merely temporary and purely the result of Murray wearing the company's three- striped clothing.

Cahill arrived in sunny Rome from the first rain of the week in Madrid, a day after Murray, who lost badly in the third round to Brazilian Tomaz Bellucci. Cahill said that his work with the world No. 4 was catch-as-catch-can along with his other duties of looking out for the rest of the company's players.

And for his part, Murray said he's unlikely to consider ending the coachless state he's been in since last summer until his run at Wimbledon is done. The player who turns 24 this month said he's happy to have just part-time guidance. "I'm not 100 percent sure yet. But I quite liked the way it worked this week," he told the BBC

"Obviously I can work with them (the adidas team) again, and also in the build up to the French Open. They have a lot of good guys, who've worked with experienced players, that can definitely help. They all seem very motivated to help me."

But Murray insists on stickiing as well with his ad-hoc team of friends and others who have helped him through his career. "I trust the guys I've got around me just now, and I just need to keep working hard."

#396 10-05-2011 21:49:19

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Murray counting on elbow to carry him through Rome start

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/1523.jpg

Andy Murray starts his Rome Masters campaign with optimism as his elbow injury from last month continues to improve.

The Scot fourth seed injured the joint at Monte Carlo but took a set on clay off of Rafael Nadal while playing their semi-final with a pain-killing injection more than three weeks ago.

Murray won a round in Madrid but is hoping to truly lift his level at the last major test before the French Open begins a week from Sunday. "I feel good, I'm playing pretty well. I've lost to some pretty good players here but I feel much better here."

Murray admitted that he did not take the decision to play Rome until the weekend when he felt his elbow was fit enough to withstand match play again. "I felt a bit better each day and I've been practising well. Monte Carlo was some of the best tennis I've played on clay. I need to keep that up."

The Scot will start with tough Belgian campaigner Xavier Malisse, playing the event for the first time in five years.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … Rome_start

#397 13-05-2011 21:23:37

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

100 zwycięstw Murraya w turniejach Masters-1000.

Szkocki tenisista dokonał tej sztuki pokonując dziś Floriana Mayera w meczu 1/4 finału turnieju w Rzymie. Murray wygrał jak do tej pory 6 turniejów Masters-1000:
- Cincinnati 2008
- Madryt 2008
- Miami 2009
- Montreal 2009
- Toronto 2010
- Szanghaj 2010
Szkot był także w finale w Indian Wells 2009.

Cytat ze strony ATP:

Victory marked Murray’s 100th win at the elite Masters 1000 level; he has won six of the coveted trophies.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#398 15-05-2011 10:26:38

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Andy Murray kończy dziś 24 lata. Szkotowi życzę jak najszybszego powrotu do walki o najwyższe laury, zdrowia i przezwyciężenia tego kryzysu, w jakim się znalazł. To tak po tenisowemu pożyczyłem .

Andy Murray - osiągnięcia w wieku 24 urodzin:

Ranking: 4 (rekord: 2)
Tytuły/Finały: 16/9
WS: 0/3
M-1000: 6/1
WTF: 0/0
Bilans spotkań: 280-101
Zarobki: $15,331,083

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#399 15-05-2011 17:09:06

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Fighting Murray confident as Roland Garros approaches

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/1495.jpg

Andy Murray will take only confidence out of his three-hour Rome Masters battle with Novak Djokovic, with the Scot heading to London for a few days of rest before tackling the French Open.

Murray's three-set loss will only strengthen his resolve to make his big breakthrough on clay as he moves onto the Grand Slam. The Scot now says the slump he suffered after losing to Djokovic in the Australian Open final are just a memory.

"The 'crisis' I was in is over," said the world No. 4 who turned 24 at the weekend. "I'm playing great tennis again. I know that I can compete. I have to play that well and better if I want to win the French Open."

Murray is hoping to polish his fitness prior to arriving in Paris on Wednesday and playing a Thursday exhibition match. "I need to get fitter over the next four or five days. That will give me confidence going in there. This is the first time I've been unable to finish a match off - I'll make sure that it's the last."

He remains convinced he can go far at Roland Garros on current form. "I'm moving well on the clay. If I can be prepared physically and mentally. I give myself a chance there.

"My tennis will never go away when I have the intensity and right attitude I've had the last few weeks. I can be on top of the game.If I learn from my mistakes I can go even higher," said the longtime number four. "I'm fresh going into French. I'll play my best tennis, which is the most important thing."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … approaches

--------------------------------------
+ Wszystkiego najlepszego Andy !!!

#400 19-05-2011 22:55:03

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Murray suffers injury scare in Paris

World number four Andy Murray has suffered an injury scare days before the French Open as he was forced to withdraw from the Mary Cohr Guinot Masters.

The Scot was due to play Frenchman Michael Llodra at the exhibition tournament in Paris but is understood to have pulled after straining his groin in training.

The injury is not expected to be serious and Murray is expected to be fit to play at the second Grand Slam of the year which gets underway at Roland Garros on Sunday.

Murray was also forced to withdraw from a tournament in Barcelona last month after sustaining an injury to his right elbow but returned at the Madrid Masters before pushing unbeaten Novak Djokovic to three sets in the Rome Masters semi-finals last week.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19052011/ … paris.html

Stopka forum

RSS