mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#81 19-11-2008 10:30:28

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Re: Roger Federer

OFF COURT - WITH THE BEST IN ABU DHABI

Roger will start the 2009 season by bringing in the New Year in Abu Dhabi where he plays the new Capitala World Tennis Championship.

The event, which is being held at the Abu Dhabi International Tennis Complex at Zayed Sports City from Jan 1-3, will have a “winner takes all” prize of $250,000. Roger will be joined by Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, Nikolay Davydenko, Andy Roddick and James Blake.

Roger, who will clearly aim at reclaiming his position as the world’s leading player next year, said: “I am really looking forward to playing in Abu Dhabi. The player field is very strong and the location is beautiful. It is always exciting to play in new facilities and I am sure Abu Dhabi will be up there with the best of them. We all hope that this event will return year after year and set the standard for tennis lovers in the region.”

(rogerfederer.com)

Nie wiem, po kiego mu to, no ale skoro i Rafa ma tam być, to chyba zwyczajnie wypadało się pojawic.

Roger Federer scraped past James Blake in a one-set exhibition game in Kuala Lumpur, showing no signs of the back strain or stomach bug that hampered him at last week's season-ending Masters Cup.

More StoriesTop players back Federer to recover
McEnroe: Men outclass women
Blake broke first for a 3-1 lead with some powerful groundstrokes and pinpoint serving, before Federer clawed a game back for 3-2 and served out to level the match at 3-3.

It went to a tiebreak where Federer showed his mettle to emerge a 7-6 winner in a hard-fought match-up interspersed with some lighthearted moments.

"There was some fantastic tennis tonight. I was very confident coming into the match today and I played pretty well so I'm happy," said Federer.

"James is a great friend of mine on tour and I love playing him."

The pair play another exhibition in Macau on Thursday before Federer takes a well-earned break before the 2009 season which he gets underway in the Middle East ahead of the Australian Open in Melbourne in January.

"I couldn't quite get him today but he proved why he is a true champion," said Blake, who beat Federer at the Beijing Olympics.

"There were some exciting points tonight but in the end he got the better of me."

On the same bill, John McEnroe won the battle of the old timers when he beat former arch-rival Bjorn Borg 7-6.

For Borg and McEnroe, both sporting grey hair, it was a walk down memory lane, revisiting the highs and lows of their bitter rivalry, typified by the 1980 Wimbledon final won by Borg in five gruelling sets.

McEnroe played to the crowd, making fun of himself, only occasionally glaring at the linesman or umpire and throwing his racquet just twice.

Despite being 52, Borg showed he had not lost his touch, still exhibiting some sublime passing shots that left 49-year-old McEnroe grudgingly nodding his approval.

"He was my great rival and I knew it would be close," said McEnroe.

Borg added: "Playing John is always special for me. It was a great rivalry and playing him again brings back some great memories."

Federer then teamed up with Borg for the first time ever to play a set against McEnroe and Blake in an event that featured players who have won 31 Grand Slam titles between them.

AFP

#82 19-11-2008 16:11:17

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Federer wygrał dziś seta z Blakiem 7-6 w 1 części pokazówki.

A tu Jego wypowiedź na temat rankingu:

Federer nie dba o miejsce w rankingach ATP

Roger Federer powiedział we wtorek, że nie przejmuje się tym, iż Serb Novak Djokovic, zwycięzca Masters Cup w Szanghaju, zbliżył się do niego w rankingach ATP.
W rankingu "Champions Race": Federer (2 m - 1061 pkt, Djokovic (3 m - 1059 pkt); w rankingu "Entry system" Szwajcar zajmuje 2 m (5305 pkt), a Serb 3 m (5295 pkt). Pierwsze miejsca w obu rankingach zajmuje, z dużą przewagą punktów, Hiszpan Rafael Nadal.

- Zamierzam spać spokojnie przez miesiąc. A tak uczciwie mówiąc, dla mnie drugie, trzecie, czwarte, piąte, czy 25 miejsce w rankingu naprawdę nie ma wielkiego znaczenia. Podobnie jak bycie numerem jeden lub pierwszym rozstawionym - powiedział we wtorek Szwajcar podczas konferencji prasowej w Kuala Lumpur.
Federer przybył do stolicy Malezji, by grać w pokazowym turnieju, z udziałem numeru 10 w rankingach ATP, Jamesa Blake'a z USA oraz byłych gwiazd światowego tenisa Amerykanina Johna McEnroe i Szweda Bjoerna Borga.

Federer, który wygrał w swej karierze 13 turniejów wielkoszlemowych powiedział dziennikarzom, że w wieku 27 lat jest nadal przekonany, iż przed nim jeszcze wiele lat gry na kortach tenisowych.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#83 19-11-2008 16:30:34

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Dobra Roger wracaj z tej Malezji, wypocznij w rodzinnym gronie i pokaż w 2009 roku jak się gra w tenisa. Głęboko wierzę że zdrowy Fed może powtórzyć fenomenalny sezon jak chociażby 2006 jeszcze co najmniej raz, ale priorytet to odbicie Wimbledonu. ROGER DO BOJU!

#84 20-11-2008 12:40:10

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Fed-Expresso napisał:

priorytet to odbicie Wimbledonu. ROGER DO BOJU!

http://www.thetimes.co.za/Sport/Article.aspx?id=886708

Sam Roger powiedział, że Jego clee na rok 2009 rok to odzyskanie pozycji nr1 i pobicie rekordu Pete'a Samprasa, ale absolutnym priorytetem jest 6 tytuł w Wimbledonie.

C'mon!

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#85 23-11-2008 12:40:32

Robertinho

OFF COURT - VENETIAN MACAO TENNIS SHOWDOWN

Roger has now definitely finished the 2008 season with a last exhibition in Macao. He showed another entertaining match, beating James Blake 6-4, 6-4 in the Venetian Macao Tennis Showdown. Roger said he was fit again but will nevertheless take an extended break before the new season begins in January.

"I've been feeling better and better even though I felt sick again at the start of the week. I have felt like my body has been recovering since my last match against Murray," said our World No. 2. "I was feeling well, which is a positive sign. It think it was the first time I really didn't think about my back and that is a good thing."

Roger broke Blake in the fifth game of the second set and retained the lead in sealing the win against Blake, who had knocked Roger out of the Olympic Games in Beijing. "I think people remember that I lost here last year (to Pete Sampras) so they figured they needed to support me to come through against James," Roger said of the crowd support he received in Macao.

McEnroe and Blake beat Roger and Björn Borg, 10-7 in the doubles finale.

(rogerfederer.com)

#86 02-12-2008 12:03:47

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Takie pytanie mam

Federer jest znany z efektownego stylu gry, za najlepszych czasów pykał (pyka?) po 10 perełek na seta.
A które z Jego zagrań określili byście mianem tego najpiękniejszego ? Oczywiście chodzi mi tu o subiektywne opinie. W natłoku tylu pięknych piłek łatwo się pogubić, tudzież stwierdzić, że nie ma tego jednego wyjątkowego zagrania.

Ja bym też tak stwierdził, gdyby nie moje automatyczne skojarzenie. Ilekroć mówi się o fenomenie i mistrzostwie technicznym Federera mi przed oczyma staje piłka z meczu 1/2 AO 2007 z Roddickiem.
Mam tu na mysli moment przy stanie 2-0 dla Rogera w 2 secie i początek 3 gema. Roddick zagrywa wyrzucający serwis na fh Rogera, Fed nieczysto odgrywa, piłka spada w okolice siatki, rozpędzony Roddick wbija gwoździa. Wydaje się, że jest po punkcie ale Roger odczytuje bezbłędnie zamiar Amerykanina i odbija bh stroną rakiety tę potężną piłkę, a ta trafia w odkryty kort.

Gdyby stał tam inny zawodnik, pewnie Andy miałby punkt, ale nie w tym przypadku, Do tej pory nie mogę sobie wytłumaczyć jak można mieć kontrolę nad takim zagraniem, reagować w taki sposób w ułamkach sekundy, bo tempo fh Roddicka było zabójcze.
Znowu zadziałały nadzwyczajne umiejętności Szwajcara i Jego żelazna ręka.

Lech Sidor powiedział wtedy, że to jest jedna z tych piłek, które będziemy pamiętać bardzo długo - i mi to w pamięci chyba dozgonnie się zapisało, geniusz.

A jak to się ma u reszty Federastów (tudzież nie-Federastów ) ?

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#87 02-12-2008 15:57:23

User

Po przeczytaniu Twojego posta aż włączyłam sobie to jeszcze raz, żeby sobie przypomnieć ; )
Pan Sidor miał chyba rację.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRJNeFeoBTU  - jakoś 30 sekunda, dla przypomnienie

Dla mnie zawsze jego najlepszym i najpiękniejszym zagraniem będzie bh po lini, moze nie jestem oryginalna ale po prostu z tym uderzeniem głównie kojarzy mi sie Roger. Zawsze ten jego bh, to jego mijanie podziwiałam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNCxExzHg2g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhaxKLMDW7s

DUN I LOVE napisał:

tudzież stwierdzić, że nie ma tego jednego wyjątkowego zagrania.

Stwierdzam że w tym momencie nie jestem w stanie wyróżnić takiego jednego jedynego zagrania, jak wiadomo pełno takowych jest. Pomyślę, i jak coś takiego znajdę to sie podzielę oczywiscie.

Ostatnio edytowany przez aś (02-12-2008 15:58:08)

I love this game. It means the world to me, so it hurts when you lose.        16 / 62

#88 02-12-2008 17:48:32

Robertinho

Najpiękniejszy jest zawsze as w środek T, zresztą Roger lubi skończyć tak seta, albo zaciętego gema. Zbyt wiele było zagrań z kosmosu, by wybrać jakieś jedno "naj".

#89 03-12-2008 18:14:26

Robertinho

OFF COURT - SECOND MOST ELEGANT MAN ON THE PLANET

Roger has been voted the second most elegant man on the planet by Spanish "El Mundo Magazine". Only fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld reached a higher score than Roger.

Passionate about fashion, Roger shows his very own elegance, especially during ‘his’ tournament, Wimbledon. Fans from all over the world love his appearances in sneakers and a white suit bearing his initials.

In the ranking, Roger is thus ahead of personalities such as Barack Obama, Brad Pitt, Prince Haakon of Norway, José Socrates (Portuguese Premier Minister), Jude Law, Prince Charles, Nicolas Sarkozy and Prince Cyril of Bulgaria.
(rogerfederer.com)

No Roguś, babciny sweterk to jednak było to
(xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)

#90 03-12-2008 20:16:20

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Babciny sweterek

Federer ogłosił swój kalendarz gier na 2009 rok
http://www.rogerfederer.com/de/rogers/s … /index.cfm

Styczeń:
Abu Dhabi
Doha (Katar)
Kooyong
Australian Open Melbourne

Luty/Marzec (przełom):
Dubai

Marzec:
Davis Cup USA - Szwajcaria
Indian Wells (USA)
Miami (USA).

Kwiecień/Maj (przełom):
Rzym

Maj:
Madrid
French Open Paris

Czerwiec:
Halle
Wimbledon

Sierpień:
Montreal
Cincinnati
US Open New York

Październik:
Tokio
Szanghaj

Listopad:
Basel. 9
Paryż
Londyn (Masters)

Nie ma Estoril i Monte Carlo. Jest za to intensywny jesień i wolny niemal cały lipiec.
Nie sądziłem, że to napisze, ale znowu rozsądny kalendarz

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#91 03-12-2008 23:14:06

Bizon

siła spokoju

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Jak to jest teraz z tym Monte Carlo ? Dalej pozostanie Mastersem, ale nie bedzie teraz obowiazkowo wliczany do rankingu, tylko do 5 pozostalych turniejow ? Punktacja zostaje ta sama ?

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#92 03-12-2008 23:21:48

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Bizon napisał:

Jak to jest teraz z tym Monte Carlo ? Dalej pozostanie Mastersem, ale nie bedzie teraz obowiazkowo wliczany do rankingu, tylko do 5 pozostalych turniejow ? Punktacja zostaje ta sama ?

Jest Mastersem, wlicza się jak Masters, nie ma tylko statusu "Mandatory Event". To oznacza, że nie będzie żadnej kary dla tego, kto opuści ten turniej. Podejrzewam, że dzięki temu Fed się nie pcha do Monte Carlo, a chce zrobić sobie po Miami 3 tygodnie przerwy przed clay court swing.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#93 05-12-2008 10:10:21

Robertinho

ATP Tour - Federer to trim clay court schedule

Roger Federer has said he will trim his clay court schedule for 2009 despite the French Open, played on clay at Roland Garros, being the only major title missing from his collection.

More StoriesJankovic a doubt for Sydney
The world number two, who has lost the last three French Open finals to Rafael Nadal, will skip the Monte Carlo event and intends to play just the warm-up tournaments in Rome and Madrid.

Federer, whose prime objective in 2009 is to win back the Wimbledon crown he sensationally lost to Nadal, played four claycourt events in 2008 at Estoril, Monte Carlo, Rome and Hamburg before heading to Paris.

"I am really pleased with the season the way we have planned it and I am looking forward to an exciting year," said Federer, who currently has 13 Grand Slam titles to his name.

Federer, who also lost his Australian Open title in 2008 to Novak Djokovic, will start the new year in Doha before exhibition events in Abu Dhabi and Kooyong in Melbourne.

He also intends to play for Switzerland in the Davis Cup first round against the United States in March.

AFP

#94 08-12-2008 23:47:41

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ciekawostka ze strony ATP (sam byłem tego kiedyś ciekaw ):

I'm a Federer fan, we know how many titles he has won so far, but I'll like to know how many cars has he won so far? And from which tournaments?
- Chua Ya Wen, Singapore

With the assistance from ATP staffer Martin Dagahs, Federer has won four Mercedes-Benz cars from 2003-04, '06-07 Tennis Masters Cup; four Lexus cars from the 2005-06-07-08 US Open and one BMW from the 2003 BMW Open in Munich.

Ma czym jeździć Ciekawe ile z tych fur faktycznie jest w Jego posiadaniu

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#95 14-12-2008 22:01:38

Art

User

Federer preparing for assault on 14th Slam

It may still be more than a month away, but the thoughts of world No.2 Roger Federer have already turned to one of his happiest tennis hunting grounds, Rod Laver Arena.

“The Australian Open 2009 takes on a major significance for me, even more so after my illness last year,” Federer said.

The Swiss star is chasing a world record equalling 14th Grand Slam title and has been buoyed by his success in New York earlier this year.

“I am very keen to continue my Grand Slam form from the US Open and add another ‘Happy Slam’ to my collection,” he said.

“There is no better way to start the year than with a win in the men’s final on Rod Laver Arena. I am very comfortable there and have had some of my best tennis memories in that building.”

Indeed, one of the most memorable moments in Australian Open history was the tearful presentation ceremony, when the then world No.1 became emotional as he was presented with the Norman Brookes Trophy by his tennis idol, the legendary Rod Laver.

Laver will again be in Australia in 2009 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his 1969 Grand Slam effort in which he won all four Slams: the French, Wimbledon, US and Australian Open.

“We know Roger Federer is a supreme athlete with great respect for the game and its tradition. He has the dual motivation of wanting to regain the world No.1 ranking and also create some history of his own.” Australian Open Tournament Director Craig Tiley said.

“His preparation for our event is normally immaculate, so expect nothing less than a finely-tuned, incredibly-motivated world-class tennis player when he arrives in Melbourne in January.”

Whether Laver and Federer will again be on the podium on 1 February remains to be seen. For now, the Swiss champion’s focus is on getting into top condition for the new season

“I look forward to getting to Melbourne early in the New Year in top form and injury free,” Federer said.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 53643.html

#96 15-12-2008 06:34:55

User

Skoro on tak mówi, to może faktycznie ma zamiar wygrać. Ale on miał 'zamiar' wiele rzeczy wygrywać, a jak to się kończyło to wiemy, ja tam wolę poczekać na pierwszy mecz, albo chociaż na te pokazówkę, i zobaczyć w jakiej jest formie. Gorzej niż rok temu nie powinno być, przynajmniej mam taka nadzieję.

Faktycznie przydałoby się dorzucić jakiegoś 'Happy Slam'a' do kolekcji, Roger. A AO to w końcu najlepsze miejsce.

I love this game. It means the world to me, so it hurts when you lose.        16 / 62

#97 16-12-2008 16:22:47

User

"Forbes" - Federer piąty wśród najbogatszych

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/5/5850/z5850565Z.jpg

Roger Federer zajmuje piąte miejsce w rankingu najlepiej zarabiających gwiazd świata sportu i rozrywki poniżej 30. roku życia, opublikowanym przez magazyn "Forbes". Przychody szwajcarskiego tenisisty z kortów oraz kontraktów reklamowych w 2007 roku wyceniono na sumę 35 milionów dolarów. Przed nim uplasowali się m.in. koszykarze NBA Kobe Bryant i Lebron James.

W ubiegłym roku Szwajcar zarobił na grze w tenisa 10,1 miliona dolarów, głownie dzięki triumfom w trzech wielkoszlemowych imprezach: Australian Open, Wimbledonie i US Open, oraz występie w czwartej z nich - Roland Garros.

Jego rachunek bankowy zasiliła też kwota 25 milionów dolarów z tytułu kontraktów reklamowych z firmami Nike, Gillette, Mercedes- Benz, Wilson oraz szwedzkiej firmy Emmi and Jura.

Oprócz Federera w czołowej dziesiątce rankingu tenis reprezentowała jedynie Maria Szarapowa, zdecydowanie najbogatsza ze sportsmenek. Z dorobkiem 26 mln dol. zajęła siódmą pozycję. Tuż za czołową dziesiątką znalazły się natomiast amerykańskie siostry Serena i Venus Williams, odpowiednio na 11. i 12. miejscu.

Bezsprzecznie pierwsza lokata przypadła piosenkarce Beyonce Knowles - 80 mln dol., która wyprzedziła "kolegę po fachu" Justina Timberlake'a - 44 mln. Trzecie i czwarte miejsce zajęły gwiazdy ligi NBA Kobe Bryant z Los Angeles Lakers - 39 mln i Lebron James z Cleveland Cavaliers - 38 mln.

Wcześniej "Forbes" opublikował ranking najbogatszych "celebrities" świata, w którym zwyciężyła gwiazda amerykańskiej telewizji Oprah Winfrey, wyprzedzając golfistę Tigera Woodsa, aktorkę Angelinę Jolie, Beyonce Knowles i piłkarza Davida Beckhama. Na 23. miejscu został sklasyfikowany Federer.

W tym roku Szwajcar powiększył swój dorobek do sumy 44,5 mln dol. i zdetronizował dotychczasowego lidera listy najlepiej zarabiających tenisistów - Amerykanina Pete'a Samprasa (43,28 mln dol.).

z http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,64987,60390 … szych.html

Ostatnio edytowany przez aś (16-12-2008 16:23:42)

#98 25-12-2008 14:00:59

User

OFF COURT - MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Dear Fans

After a wonderful and very relaxing seaside holiday I am now in the final stage of preparation for the new season which, as you know, will be beginning very soon. Never before have I started a tennis-year as early as the one ahead: I will be back in action on January 1st. I am very much looking forward to the tournament in Abu Dhabi, which is taking place for the first time, as well as the entire season of 2009! There is such a large number of challenges lying ahead - facing them, working hard and giving my best to succeed is precisely why I love my job so much.

Looking back at the past 365 days a lot of unforgettable experiences come to mind. But there are, of course, also the tough moments I had to go through. I faced an unexpectedly difficult training period and exhausting start of the season due to illness precisely 12 months ago. I spent a great deal of the year battling with the lack of practice and hours of training that I faced at the time.
So having played another three Grand Slam finals and having brought home the US Open trophy as well as reaching Olympic heights together with Stan Wawrinka makes me just the more proud. I was honoured to receive the Laureus title as Athlete of the Year again and also lift the trophy at my home-tournament in Basel once more. These are some of the truly wonderful, emotional moments I had the privilege to experience. And it was special to be able to share them together with Stan in Beijing.

Something I will always want to stress is the fact that all these experiences would not have been the same if I hadn't been able to share them with all of you. You gave me your full support during the entire season and showed me your enthusiasm for this wonderful sport. Your thoughtful gifts, words and actions are always a fabulous reward. I would like to thank you for that with all my heart. Let's keep up the great work and head into a successful 2009 together!

I'd like to wish all of you and your families a Merry Christmas, a wonderful end of this year and all the best for the one lying ahead.

See you very soon,
kind regards from Dubai,
Roger

#99 26-12-2008 13:34:00

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=-oBcTxPd9yw
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Lfyr07u … re=related

Dla Pań:
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=SY34ewAsi … re=related

------------------

Something I will always want to stress is the fact that all these experiences would not have been the same if I hadn't been able to share them with all of you. You gave me your full support during the entire season and showed me your enthusiasm for this wonderful sport. Your thoughtful gifts, words and actions are always a fabulous reward. I would like to thank you for that with all my heart. Let's keep up the great work and head into a successful 2009 together!

Roger, my wierzymy

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#100 05-01-2009 18:52:37

Robertinho

ATP Tour - Federer expects big things in 2009

Roger Federer has been experimenting with new tactics that he hopes will enable him to fulfil his 2009 goals of regaining the world number one ranking and equalling Pete Sampras's record of 14 Grand Slam titles.

More StoriesATP Doha drawsheet
The Swiss was ousted from the top of the rankings by Rafael Nadal last August and his aura of invincibility was broken by defeat in the Wimbledon final before he silenced his doubters with victory in the US Open - his 13th Grand Slam crown.

The 27-year-old said he was feeling much fitter at the start of this season compared to last year where he was recovering from a bout of glandular fever.

"I expect 2009 to be a good year and for various reasons I am under less pressure too," Federer said in Doha, where he opens this season's campaign at this week's Qatar Open.

"I have been dominating for several years and obviously I think I can do it again. I have a very strong technique ... I am mentally and tactically also quite strong," he added. "I have that ability to decide to how much should I attack and defend.

Hopefully I can win more titles this year.

"This time last year, I was sick. But now I am fully fit."

He said playing in last week's exhibition event in Abu Dhabi, where he lost in the semi-finals to Britain's Andy Murray, had given him the chance to try out some new tactics.

"I practised a lot recently. I tried out many new things in Abu Dhabi - in volleying, charging to the net and playing defensive. Since it was an exhibition event I could do it. But it helped me know where I stood and make those small adjustments," he said.

This month's Australian Open offers Federer his next chance to match Sampras's Grand Slam record and he is relishing the opportunity after losing in the semi-finals last year in the start of a string of setbacks he suffered in 2008.

"I have many goals for 2009. One of them is to regain my top ranking and another is to win at least one more Grand Slam," said Federer.

"Every Grand Slam I win will be more meaningful to me. When I win the first one in 2009 it could equal Pete Sampras's record. Everything is going to be special.

"I have been dominating the field for the past several years. 2008 has been a good and bad year, but that has not changed my perspective."

Federer said he faced more challengers than in recent years with world numbers three and four Novak Djokovic and Murray joining him and Nadal as the dominant forces.

"I think four of us have moved far ahead of the rest of the Top 10. The top four rankings can keep changing often, there are lot of possibilities to this in 2009," said the Swiss, who is just 20 points ahead of Djokovic in the ATP standings.

Depending on their performances this week, Djokovic could overtake Federer in the rankings but the Swiss said he was not unduly concerned.

"I'm not worried about it. Anyway it's not the number one spot," he said with a laugh.

(eurosport.com)

Przestań gadać, zacznij grać.

Stopka forum

RSS