Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 22-10-2009 14:18:42

Art

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Nikolay Davydenko

BG On Davydenko

Nikolay Davydenko doesn't have the flair of Federer, the ferocity of Nadal or the finesse of Murray, but the 28-year-old Russian spent last week in Shanghai solidifying his status as one of the world's elite players.

At a slight, 5-foot-10, 154-pounds, Davydenko looked as imposing as a man who spent training time bench-pressing Q-Tips as he stood next to 6-1, 188-pound Rafael Nadal prior to Sunday's Shanghai Masters final. Powered by tremendous timing, taut technique and the ability to change direction and drive the ball down the line
off both wings, Davydenko dissected Nadal, 7-6(3), 6-3, in two hours, two minutes to claim his fourth tournament title in the past four months.

Davydenko has finished in the top five for the four consecutive years, he has won at least one ATP title for seven straight years, he's closing in on qualifying for the season-ending ATP Tour Finals for a fifth straight season and he is 4-0 in finals this season.

What makes the most underrated player in men's tennis tick and what does his Shanghai success mean for the rest of the season?

Tennis Week blogger Brad Gilbert has watched Davydenko throughout his pro career and says the Russian is playing his most ambitious tennis now.

"He is playing as offensive-minded as I have ever seen him and he is one of the biggest hitters off of both sides on tour, which is even more extraordinary considering he is so slightly built," Brad writes in his latest BG Unplugged blog. "With this win it puts him almost in a locked position to make the year-end championship, which will be the fifth year in a row he qualifies for the season-ending event. The only other active players to accomplish this are Fed, Nadal and Roddick."

http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fullstor … id=6641524

#22 22-10-2009 15:16:48

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

How will history judge Nikolay Davydenko?

Maybe you expected it, but if you didn't, no worries: I'll bet you're like about 95 percent of the tennis fans out there!

I'm referring to Nikolay Davydenko winning one of the ATP Tour's biggest stops, the Shanghai Masters. He followed up his near-classic semifinal win over Novak Djokovic with a straight-set defeat of Rafael Nadal, the top seed. This is Davydenko's fourth title of the season, all coming post-Wimbledon. I wonder if his legs are a little fresher after being sidelined in the early part of the year? (I still vote "no" on a shorter season!) But there I go again, making excuses for a Davydenko win.

You see, he regularly slips under my radar (and I don't think I'm the only one: Check out this posting at Tennis From Beyond the Baseline on that). But the fact of the matter is this: The dude can ball. Great strokes and excellent footspeed help him seriously grind down his opponents. I think he can open up a point in the middle of a rally almost as good as anyone out there.

Here's the thing, though: Why hasn't he won a Slam, or even made a Slam final.

It seems luck, mainly bad for him, has a lot to do with it. Aside from the loss to Mariano Puerta in 2005 at the French, his other pre-final runs at Majors have been ended by someone named Roger Federer. I thought this year at the French after Nadal lost that he was going to be the guy to make it to the finals from that side, but Robin Soderling blasted him.

Also, I used to have the idea that Tommy Haas was the best player in the Open era to never make a Slam final, mainly because of his career-high number-two ranking. Now I'm not so sure. Davydenko's gotten as high as number three and could realistically end his career with 30 titiles (more than two probable Hall of Famers, countrymen Yevgeny Kafelnikov and Marat Safin). If there's nary a Slam final on his resume, where does that leave him and his legacy in the game?

I guess as just a footnote, if that.

http://www.tennistalkanyone.com/2009/10 … kolay.html

Denko drugiej strony u nas się dorobił. Ileż musiał wygrać, by dostąpić tego niewątpliwego zaszczytu

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#23 05-11-2009 13:44:43

Serenity

User

Dziś mijają trzy lata od pierwszego triumfu w Mastersie i awansu na 3 pozycję rankingu światowego przez Nikolaya Davydenkę

2006 - Nikolay Davydenko of Russia crushes Slovakia’s Dominik Hrbaty 6-1, 6-2, 6-2 in 1 hour, 38 minutes to win the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris and the biggest title of his career. The victory vaults Davydenko to the No. 3 world ranking, behind Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, who both withdrew from the event with injures. Says Davydenko, "This is amazing. Winning a Masters Series for the first time is important and being number three in the world behind players such as Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal is quite an achievement."

#24 29-11-2009 16:33:15

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Davydenko presser - I'm not Safin

NIKOLAY Davydenko: Wow, so many guys coming now after semis (smiling).

Q. So you finally did it. You made it. How did you do it?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: I think that's what everybody wanting asking.

Yeah, I think all my family, everybody who support me, wait for this moment, you know, when I can beat Federer, because I beat everyone in top 10 except Federer.

Yeah, I was thinking it coming maybe 2010 or '11. But in 2009, end of the season, it's good feeling.

Q. Do you think it will be easier for you to find a sponsor now, racquet sponsor? Prince perhaps?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: It's no problem to find racquet sponsor. It's a problem play with these racquets. Because I can find sponsor. Doesn't matter, in other racquets. But if I can play like this today with other racquets, I don't know, maybe not.

That's for me it's important how I play first, not about money, how much pay for me another company. Then I losing everything, out from top 10, and then disappointment about this.

Q. There was another player of the past who was Vitas Gerulaitis.

NIKOLAY Davydenko: I was just start to thinking (smiling).

Q. You were a kid. But anyhow, he was beaten 17 times by other player called Connors.

NIKOLAY Davydenko: This guy I know.

Q. Vitas was a friend of mine. I asked him, Can you play another match? Do you think you have a chance? Gerulaitis say no. Beaten before you come to the court. You were beaten 12 times. What was your mind coming on to the court?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: Really don't think about anything. Just think about, Okay, I losing, tomorrow go home, next day already Maldives. That's really my mind. Really don't care. I have no pressure.

I know I was play good. I was thinking today I want to show the same like confidence like yesterday, because I won yesterday and I really feel good. That's was happen. It really happen, my fourth match, play very well.

Q. Did you do anything different with your strategy today to the other 12 times?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: I don't know, not really. I know always play -- was for me tough play against slice against Roger. He have very good slice, and then fast backhand topspin. After slice, he play very well backhand, forehand. He have really not so many chance to make winners for me.

What I did, couple volley, some serve, and then some return, 7-5 in the third (smiling).

Q. I remember talking to you during the US Open and you said your confidence at the moment was very low. It was the match before Soderling. Talk about how your game has developed the last couple months, where it's standing right now?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: Well, you speak so interesting English, I didn't understand a word.

THE MODERATOR: How has your game developed over the last three months?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: Okay, now I understand, translate ATP.

After US Open, I was coming in, indoor season, practicing like preparation for indoor. Winning Kuala Lumpur. Play very well Asia. Like, okay, I lost in Beijing against Cilic, but Cilic play very well. Won Shanghai. Then come back to Europe, play also good, like Valencia semifinal. Okay, losing against Soderling in three sets Paris Bercy. Every tournament, like all five, six weeks, I show my good tennis, you know.

Now again coming here in London, all matches, like every match, I play well. That's was I am surprising myself, you know, how I do so long every week, play well, good constants [sic], and good concentration for every match.

Q. You look so happy, Nikolay. I wonder if you feel like this win is nearly better than winning the tournament?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: Maybe because beat Federer, yeah, then I know I beat everyone in top 10. That's was is good feeling, really good feeling. I don't think, Now I'm No. 1 because I beat Federer. But I know now in confidence, if I beat everyone, then I can play very well. Then feeling, Why not?

Like if I come to the match, play against No. 1, No. 2, No. 3 in the world, I have chance. Is not like before match I feeling, Okay, I have 10% chance to win, and try to win. But now I was feeling, Yes, I can win match against these guys.

That's was really good confidence for sure for next year.

Q. If you play the final against Del Potro, what kind of match do you expect? What do you think about Del Potro?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: Del Potro, nice guy. You know, we talking together, practicing together sometimes. He's baseline player, for sure. I remember last match in Shanghai last year, baseline. Little bit change. He start to play faster, better serve.

I don't know how he play today. I don't want to say now tomorrow I play against Del Potro. I would like to play against Del Potro tomorrow. But for sure, yesterday, Soderling show me very good tennis, and I really don't know who can win today.

Q. Is Soderling also a nice guy? And would you prefer playing him, since you beat him yesterday?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: Soderling maybe nice guy. I don't speak with him so much, you know. I don't know. I have not so many contact with Sweden. But I know is not like say I'm scared against like Soderling. I know is difficult play against him. I lost many times three sets, and won in this year two times in three sets.

For sure every match against Soderling very difficult, very tough. That's was I don't really know results, what's gonna happen.

Q. You only had 15 hours before last night and today's match. How do you feel physically ahead of one more match with three sets today?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: I was tired, really tired. Between yesterday and today, I was feeling, like I say, moving little bit slow. If you don't see, it's okay. But I was feeling concentration not like every match, like every game or every point hundred percent.

We'll see tomorrow. Now I have little bit more time. For sure I want recovery hundred percent. I hope tomorrow I be fit, you know, for the final.

Q. At what time did you go to sleep yesterday?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: At 3. Because I was coming at 1, do massage, one and a half hour. But if you see, I play three times the night session. That was always the same time I go to sleep. Today I sleep just seven hours, but feeling okay really. Seven hours was enough.

Q. Sleeping alone?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: Come on. I have wife. Come on, come on. What do you want, two girls, three girls, four girls?

Q. You are a Russian.

NIKOLAY Davydenko: I came Russian, but I'm not Safin (smiling).

Q. Five years in a row in the top five. Great continuity. Today is probably your best win ever. Do you still remember the bad times, two years ago, all the trouble you had with the ATP, all the stories? Is it something that you're happy about, nobody is talking about it anymore? What is your reaction to that? They were difficult times for you, no?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: Because I'm really surprising how with this difficult time I made good result, you know? Because I really know it staying always in your mind, and you stay under pressure for the press, for the fans, for the people everywhere in the world. And everywhere, if I coming for tournament, press start to asking me about betting and everything stuff.

Every tournament what I played, it was very tough to play. I would like, you know, stop tennis for couple months, don't want to play. But really, I don't know, maybe I have good coach, my family really support me, give me, you know, chance, you know, just forget everything, really concentration just for the tennis, try forget very quickly everything.

That's was I did good result. I remember in America, US Open, semifinal, everything, come back. Maybe my Russian mental is very tough.

Q. Could you explain what was going through your mind when Roger pulled off the shot when you were serving at 4-5 in the third set, when you made the smash, he smashed it from the baseline? What were your thoughts at that moment?

NIKOLAY Davydenko: Yeah, like I say after Love-30, I was thinking, Federer again lucky. In 12 times he beat me. Now again in this point. Yeah, I was thinking, Not again, please. Again I can lose 6-4 in the third set.

But winning, you know, first point, then again I come back better concentration. Then I start to be lucky.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20091 … _not_Safin

#25 29-11-2009 16:37:35

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Tenis - London Masters Cup
Dawidienko zdetronizował króla Federera!

Roger Federer nie wygra World Tour Finals. Lider światowych rankingów, który cały sezon też zakończy na tronie, w Londynie znalazł pogromcę. W półfinale w trzech setach szwajcarskiego króla zdetronizował Rosjanin Nikołaj Dawidienko, wygrywając 6:2, 4:6, 7:5.

W poprzednich 12 meczach z Federerem Rosjanin zawsze schodził z kortu ze zwieszoną głową. Na powtórkę zanosiło się też w londyńskiej O2 Arenie, ale tym razem Dawidienko wszedł na szczyt swoich możliwości. Pokazał też stalowe nerwy i po raz pierwszy w karierze pokonał Rogera Federera.

Rosjanin urwał się wręcz ze stryczka, bo w decydującym secie Federer prowadził 5:4 i był dwie piłki od finału. Dawidienko wyszedł cało z opresji, w kolejnym gemie przełamał Federera, a całość przypieczętował wygraniem partii przy swoim podaniu.

Żelazne nerwy szły w parze z żelazną kondycją, bo Dawidienko po ostatnim meczu w grupie miał tylko 14 godzin odpoczynku. Nie wykazywał jednak oznak zmęczenia, a po ostatniej piłce sprawiał nawet wrażenie człowieka wypoczętego.

Dawidienko sięgnął w tym meczu do swoich najgłębszych pokładów energii, bo ma patent na turnieje mistrzowskie. Do finału tej imprezy wskoczył drugi raz z rzędu. Tegoroczny awans ma jednak wyjątkowy smak. Ograł najlepszego tenisistę na świecie, który jest w stanie pokonać każdego. Triumf nad Szwajcarem 17-tysięczna publiczność nagrodziła owacją na stojąco.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/london-ma … tory.shtml

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#26 29-11-2009 16:40:52

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Bardzo trafny tytuł, ciekawe w jaki sposób go zdetronizował, bo ani nie odebrał prowadzenia w rankingu, ani też Fed nie bronił tytułu.

#27 29-11-2009 16:43:34

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Fed-Expresso napisał:

Bardzo trafny tytuł, ciekawe w jaki sposób go zdetronizował, bo ani nie odebrał prowadzenia w rankingu, ani też Fed nie bronił tytułu.

Racja, chociaż tytuł w pewnym sensie trafny,mam na myśli słówko przed "Rogera"

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#28 29-11-2009 17:16:58

jaccol55

Administrator

#19) World Tour Finals 2009

http://i50.tinypic.com/oivfrd.jpg

Spotkania w grupie:
N Djokovic (SRB) d N Davydenko (RUS) 36 64 75
N Davydenko (RUS) d R Nadal (ESP) 61 76(4)
N Davydenko (RUS) d R Soderling (SWE) 76(4) 46 63
Półfinał:
N Davydenko (RUS) d R Federer (SUI) 62 46 75
Finał:
N Davydenko (RUS) d J Del Potro (ARG) 63 64

#29 29-11-2009 17:27:40

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Do tej pory nie było mu dane wygrać turnieju WS, ale ten sukces to znakomite wynagrodzenie za ciężką pracę. Brawo!

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#30 29-11-2009 17:55:31

szeva

User

Dawidienko mistrzem ATP World Tour Finals!!!

Niemal perfekcyjny Rosjanin Nikołaj Dawidienko ograł w finale ATP World Tour Finals Argentyńczyka Juana Martina Del Potro 6:3, 6:4.

Wszyscy kibice czekający na finał zawodów w Londynie mogli się czuć trochę zawiedzeni. Głównie za sprawą tego, że Juan Martin Del Potro nie był w niedzielne popołudnie dobrze dysponowany. Jego gra wyglądała nieźle tylko przez chwilę w drugiej partii, ale niewykluczone, że stało się tak, bo Nikołaj Dawidienko mu na to pozwolił. Przy stanie 4:4 w decydującym secie Rosjanin powiedział sobie, "no dobra, czas kończyć" i w jednej chwili tak podkręcił tempo, że mecz szybko się skończył, a zmęczonemu Juanowi Martinowi Del Potro zabrakło argumentów, by mu przeszkodzić.

Dawidienko od samego początku był zdecydowanie aktywniejszy w grze ofensywnej. Grał bardzo precyzyjnie. Piłka się go słuchała, a kiedy tak było, Del Potro biegał od lewej do prawej i prawie każda wymiana kończyła się zdobyciem punktu przez rosyjskiego tenisistę.

Z kolei Juan Martin Del Potro poza mocnym serwisem pomysłu na rywala nie miał żadnego. W przekroju całego spotkania grał bardziej defensywnie. Kiedy zauważył, że Dawidienko rozrzuca piłkę z komputerową precyzją, skoncentrował się na przebijaniu, co często kończyło się tym, że jego zagrania lądowały w siatce. Można było odnieść wrażenie, że Argentyńczyk nie wierzył w to, że ogra przeciwnika, a w przerwach siedział ze zwieszoną głową.

Del Potro miał okres lepszej gry w drugiej partii, ale w dziewiątym gemie Nikołaj Dawidienko nagle wrzucił szósty bieg i odjechał po puchar World Tour Finals. Dla 28-letniego Rosjanina to największe osiągnięcie w karierze. - Dla mnie było niesamowitą rzeczą przyjechać jako siódmy zawodnik i wygrać. Sam jestem tym zaskoczony - powiedział na korcie Nikołaj Dawidienko.

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 29-11-2009 18:13:40

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Davydenko Caps Dream Week With Victory Over del Potro

ATP World Tour No. 7 Nikolay Davydenko capped a dream week Sunday as he defeated Juan Martin del Potro 6-3, 6-4 to capture the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals trophy at The O2 in south-east London.

Davydenko, who finished runner-up to Novak Djokovic at the season finale in Shanghai last year, is the first Russian to win the year-end title in tournament history (since 1970). His efforts this week see him rewarded with $1,150,000 in prize money; he will also overtake Andy Roddick at No. 6 in the South African Airways 2009 ATP Rankings.

En route to winning the biggest tournament of his career, Davydenko has defeated the winners of all four Grand Slam titles in 2009 – beating Australian Open champion Rafael Nadal in the round-robin stage, overturning a 0-12 record against Roland Garros and Wimbledon champion Roger Federer in the semi-finals and defeating US Open champion del Potro for the title.

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.c … -Week.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#32 29-11-2009 21:01:30

szeva

User

Marat skończony, teraz ja

- Mam nadzieję, że teraz Marat jest skończony i wszyscy [w Rosji] będą kibicować mi - powiedział Nikołaj Dawidienko po zwycięstwie nad Juanem Martinem Del Potro w finale ATP World Tour Finals.

Nikołaj Dawidienko wygrał bez większych problemów finałowy pojedynek do trzech w pierwszym secie i do czterech w drugim. Rosjanin wierzy, że po tym sukcesie kibice w kraju w końcu będą go bardziej wspierać. - Mam nadzieję, że teraz stanę się sławny w Rosji. Jest to dla mnie bardzo ważne - powiedział Dawidienko. - Byłem zawsze rozczarowany, kiedy grałem przeciwko Maratowi, a 80 procent kibiców dopingowało właśnie jego, Mam nadzieję, że teraz Marat jest skończony, a fani będą wspierać mnie - dodał.

Po sezonie rosyjski zawodnik zamierza odpocząć na Malediwach. Zarobione w Londynie pieniądze być może wyda na kupno apartamentu w Moskwie, o którym od dawna marzył.

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 29-11-2009 21:19:50

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Czy to nie aby kolejny popis naszych pismaków, tak jak z tą rozmową Feda z Portkiem po meczu?

#34 29-11-2009 22:54:06

Robert

User

"I hope now Marat is finished everybody supports me."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/29112009/2/d … light.html

MTT
W: Estoril '10, F: Sydney '10, New Haven '10, US Open '10, SF: Marsylia '08, Dubaj '08, Indian Wells '08, Nicea '10, Cincinnati '10 QF: Memfis '08, Wimbledon '08, Indianapolis '08, New Haven '08, Paryż(Bercy) '08, Houston '09, Rzym '09, Belgrad '09, Eastbourne '09, New Haven '09, Bazylea '09, Rotterdam '10, Marsylia '10, Eastbourne '10, Los Angeles '10, Metz '10

#35 30-11-2009 00:36:11

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Nie sądzę, aby miał na myśli to co redakcja ES.pl próbuje nam sprzedać. Trzeźwo myślący człowiek chyba zdaje sobie sprawę, że Denko miał na myśli, to, że teraz, kiedy Marat zszedł ze sceny, Rosjanie przerzucą swoją sympatię na Mistrz WTF2009.

Btw, Davydenko to pierwszy rosyjski Mistrz Turnieju Mistrzów w historii dyscypliny.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#36 30-11-2009 01:01:46

Robert

User

Pewnie tak. Ale chyba powinien wyrażać się precyzyjniej, żeby nie dochodziło do nadinterpretacji jego słów.

MTT
W: Estoril '10, F: Sydney '10, New Haven '10, US Open '10, SF: Marsylia '08, Dubaj '08, Indian Wells '08, Nicea '10, Cincinnati '10 QF: Memfis '08, Wimbledon '08, Indianapolis '08, New Haven '08, Paryż(Bercy) '08, Houston '09, Rzym '09, Belgrad '09, Eastbourne '09, New Haven '09, Bazylea '09, Rotterdam '10, Marsylia '10, Eastbourne '10, Los Angeles '10, Metz '10

#37 02-12-2009 17:52:16

jaccol55

Administrator

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2009/ … -arsenalu/

Dawidienko wzoruje się na piłkarzach Arsenalu

Nikołaj Dawidienko, nowa rakieta nr 6 na świecie, w niedzielę osiągnął największy sukces w karierze, wygrywając turniej Masters w Londynie. Przyznał, że trenuje tylko godzinę dziennie. Jak piłkarze Arsenalu.
Nadzieję wiąże Dawidienko z byciem... sławnym. - W tym tygodniu nie rozdałem wcześniej ani jednego autografu - przyznaje. - Może to dlatego, że wszyscy koncentrowali się na Federerze i Nadalu. Nie chciałbym być jednak tak sławni jak oni. Zawsze chcę mieszkać w innym hotelu niż Federer. Jest ciszej, mogę spędzić więcej czasu z rodziną. Chciałbym jednak być o odrobinę bardziej rozpoznawany, tutaj w Londynie - mówi.

Mieszka w Wołgogradzie. - Mam nadzieję, że po tym turnieju zostanę bardziej sławny w Rosji. To dla mnie naprawdę ważne. Wiem, jak często zawodziłem rodaków, szczególnie w Moskwie. Gdy grałem przeciw Safinowi, 80% publiczności było za nim. To z kolei wielki zawód dla mnie, choć wiem, że on w tym sezonie żegnał się z tenisem - mówi.

Co jest lepsze: pokonać Federera czy wygrać Masters? - Z pewnością to drugie - przyznaje. Jest odpowiedzią na tenis siłowy potężnie serwujących rywali. Sam (waży 68 kg) doskonali przede wszystkich odbiór, choć zdradził, że przez ostatnich kilka lat spędzał na treningu ledwie po dwie godziny dziennie.

- Przez ostatnich kilka lat trenowałem niewiele: po dwie godziny i to wszystko tylko tenisowo. Jeden człowiek powiedział mi jednak, że Arsenal trenuje tylko godzinę dziennie. A to piłkarz. Więc jak ci faceci mogą biegać 90 minut skoro trenują tylko godzinę dziennie? Tak, ja trenuję teraz godzinę dziennie, nie mam kontuzji, może nawet bardziej cieszę się grą - przyznał.

Jego fenomenalne, z chirurgiczną precyzją zagrywane w narożnik kortu uderzenia wzbudzały wielki aplauz prawdziwej tenisowej publiczności w hali O2. - Nie liczy się tylko potężny serwis, można urozmaicić grę. Można mieć dobry odbiór, dobrze biegać, kontrolować akcję z linii bazowej, grać wolejem. Ważna jest też koncentracja - wyjaśnia.

- Ale nie wiem czy Olivier Rochus jest w stanie osiągnąć tak wysoki poziom - wspomina belgijskiego kolegę, najmniejszego zawodnika cyklu World Tour. - Jestem przekonany, że każdy może zostać nr. 1. Nie ważne jaki wysoki i silny jesteś - przyznaje.

Co oznacza dla niego trofeum?. - Coś naprawdę ważnego, gdy ma się już w sumie te 19 tytułów. W przyszłym sezonie powalczę o dwudziesty. Waga wzrasta, gdy pomyślę, że w półfinale pokonałem Federera. To nieprawdopodobne gdy pomyślę sobie, że moje nazwisko będzie wyryte obok tych Samprasa i Federera - mówi.

Pobił Federera po dwunastu kolejnych porażkach. Ma już na koncie zwycięstwa ze wszystkimi rywalami z Top10. Co teraz? Wielki Szlem? - Tak, Wielki Szlem, bo tam gra się do trzech wygranych setów. Lubię to, bo w trzech setach zwyciężać jest łatwiej. Ale trzeba być lepiej przygotowanym fizycznie, gdyż nie biega się przez dwie godziny, a przez cztery - mówi.

Recepta na sukces w Masters? - Przed turniejem pojechałem do Moskwy. Przez sześć dni nie miałem w ręku rakiety. Nic nie robiłem. Przyjechałem tu w środę i przez trzy dni treningu zdałem sobie sprawę, że czuję się znakomicie - tłumaczy.

W nowym sezonie ma wielką szansę na kolejny awans w rankingu światowym, w którym przed trzema laty zajmował już trzecią pozycję. Nie grał bowiem w tym sezonie z powodu kontuzji ani w cyklu australijskim, ani amerykańskim wiosną, więc nie broni żadnych punktów.

Za triumf w Londynie zgarnął ok. półtora miliona dolarów. Wciąż jednak to za mało, by stać go było na zakup domu w Moskwie. - Wciąż na to składam - uśmiecha się.

#38 28-12-2009 17:19:59

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Davydenko ready to pick up where he left off a month ago

Davydenko ready to pick up where he left off a month ago Nikolay Davydenko is due for arrival in the Gulf at mid-week rested and refreshed from his Maldive island holiday and ready to start this 2010 season at the Capitala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi.

The No. 6 Russian will compete beginning at the second edition of the special event in a six-man field headed by Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

That top pairing will have a lighter workload the the three-day showcase, with the Nos. 1 and 2 awaiting semi-final opponents from the four other contenders in the field - Swiss Stan Wawrinka, 2008 Australian Open finalist Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, French Open finalist Robin Soderling and Davydenko.

"After some time out I feel pretty refreshed and am now very much looking forward to getting back on the court again and returning to the form I showed towards the end of the season,” said Davydenko, who lost the Abu Dhabi semi-final to Nadal a year ago.

In 2009, the 28-year-old captured five ATP World Tour titles in a season for second time in his career (2006), capped by winning his biggest career title in London just over a month ago.

Davydenko faces Tsonga on New Year's eve in the emirate while Wawrinka plays Soderling in the afternoon's second match.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20091 … _month_ago

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#39 30-12-2009 18:53:10

jaccol55

Administrator

Davydenko wants to extend red-hot run

Russian world No 6 strives hard to improve in every match

Abu Dhabi: Nikolay Davydenko will be keen to start the New Year in the same vein he has reached the fag end of 2009 after recording his first ever win over world No 1 Roger Federer and then going on to win the year-ending Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London.
Davydenko, currently ranked sixth in the world, takes on 17th-ranked David Ferrer in the Capitala World Tennis Championship starting tomorrow.
Speaking to Gulf News, the Russian said, "I really enjoyed my experience at last year's Capitala World Tennis Championship. The fans were very supportive and the event was very well run. I am looking forward to this year's event."
Davydenko touched peak form in the year-ending ATP World Tour Finals in London and after having beaten all the other top ten ranked players in the world finally got one better on Roger Federer with a 6-2 4-6 7-5 win. In the final, he accounted for Juan Martin del Porto to ensure that the year would end on a high,
Commenting on that win Davydenko said, "Winning the year-end title is certainly a confidence-builder. I think I played some of my best tennis during the second half of the season, and hopefully I can carry that success into the start of 2010."
Looking to improve
Davydenko said that even as he spent his Christmas with his family he continue to work with his brother Eduard and his fitness trainer Alexander Kasantsev.
"As a professional player you always want to win every event you enter. But that is unrealistic. What's important is trying to improve every match. If you continue to improve as the year progresses then the wins will take care of themselves," the world number six said looking ahead at 2010.
Though exonerated in the match-fixing controversy, Davydenko has had some very tough years off the court, but the low-profile star said he just kept focusing on the game.
"As a professional athlete you always have the spotlight on you. It is important to stay focused on those things that you can control," he said reflecting a quality which drew praise from Federer himself after he was beaten in London last month.
"He [Davydenko] didn't have the easiest of last few years, where people suspected him of doing bad things in the sport. He had a cloud over his name for quite some time, which was not very fair at the end now," Federer said.
"He handled it very well. To be able to continue playing this well … must not have been very easy for him. So I respect him not only for that, but obviously for the player he is," said Federer, who is in the other half of the six-man Capitala event.
No extra pressure
One of the most consistent players in world tennis, Davydenko said the recent success will not put any extra pressure on him. "I don't feel any added pressure. Again, it is all about trying to play your best tennis every match," he said.
If Davydenko wins his opener against David Ferrer tomorrow, he plays world number two Rafael Nadal on New Year's day.
The Russian said he will be heading to Doha for the Qatar ExxonMobile Open which kick starts his ATP Tour and said, "I go into every year looking to play my best tennis every match, and to hopefully continue to improve my game."

http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/davyde … n-1.559519

#40 09-01-2010 19:44:59

Fed-Expresso

Masta

#20) Doha 2010

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/136D395152564895B5FAE60E5BABB169.ashx

R32 M.Kukushkin    6-2 6-0
R16 M.Chiudinelli   6-3 6-4
QF  I.Karlovic(7)   7-6 7-6
SF  R.Federer(1)   6-4 6-4
W   R.Nadal(2)     0-6 7-6 6-4

Ostatnio edytowany przez Fed-Expresso (09-01-2010 20:55:40)

Stopka forum

RSS