Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#41 09-01-2010 20:10:46

Yannick

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Tomic-Roddick

Re: Nikolay Davydenko

Dawidienko królem Kataru! Nadal podzielił los Federera

Nikołaj Dawidienko po wielkim tenisowym spektaklu pokonał Rafela Nadala 0:6 7:6(8) 6:4 i sięgnął po główną nagrodę turnieju ATP w Dausze. Wcześniej, w meczu półfinałowym, Rosjanin odprawił z kwitkiem samego Rogera Federera.

Hiszpan już od samego początku udowodnił, że bardzo zależy mu nie tylko na tym, żeby zrewanżować się Rosjaninowi za dwie ostatnie porażki (podczas turniejów w Szanghaju i Londynie), ale przede wszystkim na pokazaniu swojej wielkiej formy sportowej, do której wraca po okresie zmagań z problemami zdrowotnymi.

Czterokrotny zwycięzca Roland Garros od pierwszych minut zdecydowanie dominował na placu gry. Już w drugim gemie przełamał serwis przeciwnika i szybko objął prowadzenie 3:0. Dawidienko, niemal cały czas zepchnięty do głębokiej defensywy, odgrywał piłki w pół kortu i zachęcał przeciwnika do ataku. Nadal bezlitośnie wykorzystywał każdą sytuację, doprowadzając Rosjanina do rozpaczy. Z żelazną konsekwencją przerzucał kolejne topspinowe forhendy i z zapasem dwóch przełamań wygrał seta 6:0.

Rosjanin z niesamowitą determinacją ruszył do walki w drugim secie. Stojący na fenomenalnym poziomie, pierwszy gem, przynajmniej w jakimś stopniu zrekompensował nam jednostronny obraz gry. I choć zawsze solidny Dawidienko miał kilka szans break pointowych, to nie udało mu się przełamać "dominatora" z Majorki.

Kiedy w kolejnym gemie, po 50 minutach gry Rosjanin zdobył pierwszego gema, na trybunach rozległ się gromki aplauz. Tym samym rozpoczął się nowy rozdział w tym spotkaniu. Obserwowaliśmy wiele zapierających dech w piersiach wymian, z których coraz częściej zwycięsko wychodził Rosjanin. Przy stanie 2:2 zawodnik z Wołgogradu przejął inicjatywę, częściej wchodził w kort i niespodziewanie odebrał serwis Nadala. Do tego poprawił skuteczność serwisu, a jego akcje przy siatce przypominały najlepsze akcje z trawników Wimbledonu. Hiszpan podarował też trochę prezentów. Rosjanin z zimną krwią rozrzucał przeciwnika po całym korcie i wyszedł na 5:3.

Kiedy trzeci set wisiał w powietrzu, Hiszpan poderwał się do walki, obronił piłki setowe i objął prowadzenie 6:5. Ostatecznie doszło do rozgrywki tie breakowej, w której emocje sięgnęły zenitu. „Kola” zaczął od prowadzenia 4:1, by za chwilę przegrywać 4:5. Przy piłce meczowej Hiszpana, przeprowadził szaleńczy atak do siatki i odgrywając agresywnego woleja, zmusił Nadala do popełnienia błędu. Później obronił jeszcze jeden punkt mistrzowski dla rywala i przepięknym bekhendem po linii zakończył dodatkowego gema w stosunku 10:8, doprowadzając tym samym do rozstrzygającego seta.

Trzecią partię Dawidienko rozpoczął mocnym akcentem, łatwo wygrywając swój serwis. Tym samym odpowiedział Hiszpan, choć musiał bronić break pointa. Do kluczowego momentu doszło w trzecim gemie, w którym nastąpiło przełamanie serwisu Rosjanina i na tablicy widniał wynik 3:1 na korzyść drugiego tenisisty światowego rankingu. Nikołaj nie byłby sobą, gdyby nie odparł ataku. Po raz kolejny udowodnił, że ma niesamowitą wolę walki i wspaniałe umiejętności, wychodząc na prowadzenie 4:3. Zawodnicy prezentowali momentami tenis z innej planety. Dawidienko przyparł Nadala do ściany i ponownie odebrał jego serwis, a tym samym zdobył 20. tytuł w karierze.

Eurosport.pl - Maciek Blada

#42 10-01-2010 12:47:36

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Davydenko Saves Two Match Points To Clinch Title

In a remarkable final at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open Saturday, World No. 6 Nikolay Davydenko recovered from a bagel first set and saved two match points to edge No. 2 Rafael Nadal 0-6, 7-6(8), 6-4 and win his 20th ATP World Tour title.

By virtue of winning the ATP World Tour 250 hard-court tennis tournament, Davydenko received 250 South African Airways 2010 ATP Ranking points and $185,850, while runner-up Nadal earned 150 ATP Ranking points and $97,350 in prize money.

Victory takes Davydenko’s winning run to nine matches unbeaten, having closed 2009 with victory at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London. At both the season finale and in Doha this week, Davydenko recorded victories over Roger Federer and Nadal, making him the second player to defeat them during the same tournament on two different occasions after David Nalbandian beat them at ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments in Madrid and Paris in 2007.

The 28-year-old Davydenko maintained his stellar record in ATP World Tour finals, improving to a 20-5 mark. The Russian is the 38th player in the Open Era (since 1968), and the fifth active player, to win at least 20 ATP World Tour titles. He has now won his past six ATP World Tour finals, with his last loss coming at the 2008 Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai against Novak Djokovic.

It seemed unlikely that the Russian would maintain his winning ways, though, when Nadal won the first seven games of the pair’s ninth meeting to race to a 6-0, 1-0 lead. In a dominant display, Nadal surrendered just one point on serve in the first set. It was the first time in 338 matches that Davydenko had lost a 6-0 set and the 10th time overall in his career. He had never before recovered to claim victory.

“The first set was 6-0, everybody saw it," said Davydenko. "But if you saw the match, it was not so easy. I tried every point but Nadal had very good concentration and played very well every point. I really had the chance to win some games, but I played a little bit slowly, he played much faster."

The third-seeded Davydenko gradually rediscovered the form that had seen him overturn ATP World Tour Champion Federer in the semi-finals, though, and broke through to lead 3-2 in the second set with a rifling forehand pass up the line. However, the Volgograd resident could not serve out the set at 5-4, paying the price for some loose errors as Nadal levelled at 5-5 before forcing a tie-break.

Davydenko employed the tactic of approaching the net with great success to create a 4-1 lead in the tie-break, but again could not maintain his lead and Nadal hit back to hold match point at 6-5. Davydenko once more attacked the net to pressure Nadal, though, and was rewarded as he drew level at 6-6. In a spell where neither player was able to win a point on serve, Davydenko squandered a set point and quickly Nadal held a second match point at 8-7. A rare forehand error from the Spaniard proved costly though and Davydenko hit back to level the match with a backhand winner down the line on his second set point.

Nadal looked to be back on track early in the third set, quickly re-establishing the advantage by breaking to lead 2-1. The Spaniard allowed Davydenko back into contention in the sixth game, though, and lost his serve again in the 10th game as the Russian claimed a dramatic victory after two hours and 43 minutes.

"[In the second set] I started to find my game and started to come back. I should have won the second set at 5-4 with set point, but I didn’t and I was lucky in the tie-break," said Davydenko. "The match was long, I was really tired, but in the third set I still felt I had some power and maybe I could continue and win the match. I don’t know what happened to him at the end. He tried a winner at 4-4, he didn’t make it and it was 5-4 for me. I think he lost a little bit of concentration and lost the match. For me it was a really good fight today."

“I think I played an amazing level in the first set," reflected Nadal. "I had the match in my hands a few times in the third set and the second set, with two match points. I must be happy that I played against one of the players with the best performance on the tour (at the moment) and I was playing better than him during a lot of the match."

Davydenko improved to a 5-4 mark against Nadal and is the only player to have beaten the Mallorcan at least five times and hold a winning record against him. He also defeated Nadal in their two previous matches, triumphing in the final of the Shanghai ATP Masters 1000, presented by Rolex in October and in the round-robin stage of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, both times in straight sets.

Defeat for Nadal sees the left hander’s title drought continue. The reigning Australian Open champion last lifted a trophy on the ATP World Tour in early May with victory over Novak Djokovic at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia in Rome.

“Sure, it’s better to win, especially when you have the chance," said Nadal. "But, that’s tennis and probably this match I needed a little bit more calm. But playing at this level I am sure I’m going to win [a title].

“I think I did the most difficult thing and that was playing all the time at my best level. I’m probably playing better than ever, for the moment. There was one moment in 2008 maybe where I played like I did today in the first set. So that’s a very positive thing for me. I don’t know if I will win in Australia, but I think I’m in a very, very good way.”

After a stellar first five months of the 2009 ATP World Tour season, Nadal was hindered by knee tendonitis, that forced him to miss Wimbledon, and later an abdominal strain that affected him during the North American hard-court season. He closed the season on top form, though, leading Spain to the defence of the Davis Cup title.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -2-MP.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#43 10-01-2010 13:53:26

jaccol55

Administrator

Turniej ATP w Dausze. Triumf Dawidienki!

Rosjanin Nikołaj Dawidienko pokonał rozstawionego z numerem drugim Hiszpana Rafaela Nadala 0:6, 7:6 (10-8), 6:4 w finale turnieju ATP tenisistów na twardych kortach w Dausze (z pulą nagród 1,024 mln dolarów).

Wcześniej Dawidienko wyeliminował turniejową i światową "jedynkę" - Szwajcara Rogera Federera.

W sobotę wydawało się, że Nadal nie da szans niżej notowanemu rywalowi. Pewnie wygrał pierwszego seta. Gdy w drugim oddał pierwszego gema Rosjaninowi, Dawidienko uniósł ręce w geście triumfu, a kibice zgotowali mu owację.

To wyraźnie zmotywowała rozstawionego z trójką tenisistę - zdołał doprowadzić do tie breaka, którego wygrał 10-8. W decydującym secie dwukrotnie przełamał podanie Nadala i mógł się cieszyć z pierwszego zwycięstwa w 2010 roku.

Spotkanie trwało dwie godziny i 43 minuty.

Nikołaj Dawidienko (Rosja, 3) - Rafael Nadal (Hiszpania, 2) 0:6, 7:6 (10-8), 6:4.

http://www.tenisowy.com/news/1254/turni … dawidienki

#44 10-01-2010 13:56:43

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Davydenko saves 2 MPs, stuns Nadal for Doha title

Nikolay Davydenko saves two match points in the second-set tiebreaker before outlasting Rafael Nadal to win the season-opening title in Doha on Sunday.

Nikolay Davydenko faced a different Rafael Nadal on Sunday, but the result--just barely--was the same.

Davydenko, who hammered Nadal twice last fall, saved two match points en route to a 0-6, 7-6(8), 6-4 victory in the final of the Qatar ExxonMobil Open.

Nadal failed to win a single set against Davydenko at both the Shanghai Masters and the World Tour Finals, but he seemed poised to return the straight-set favor in Doha. Storming out of the starting gate in a kind of form that was never on display following his triumph at the Australian Open, Nadal refused to give Davydenko even one game in the first set. He broke serve at 1-0, 3-0, and 5-0 and dropped a mere one point in three service games of his own.

In the very first game of the second set, however, Davydenko made it clear that he was not about to let that happen again. Not even close. Although Nadal managed to hold for a 1-0 lead, he had to save three break points and did not finish it off until almost 13 minutes had elapsed. Firmly back in the game, Davydenko held serve to get on the scoreboard at 1-1 and never looked back.

Davydenko went up a break early in the set, but he played a dismal game while serving at 5-4 and was forced into a tiebreaker two holds later. And what a 'breaker it was. In a wild, back-and-forth affair, Davydenko led by two mini-breaks early, gave both of them right back, then threw away two more mini-breaks later on in the 18-point decider. Nadal, too, squandered chances. The second-ranked Spaniard even held two match points, but Davydenko saved both with brilliant baseline tennis. At 8-8, the No. 3 seed came up with a pair of scorching winners to improbably force a final set.

But Davydenko was not done with his comebacks. After falling behing by an early break in the third, the sixth-ranked Russian raised his level on serve and--more importantly--started to be more and more aggressive in the return game. He won 65 percent of Nadal's second-serve points in set three and under that kind of pressure, the Spaniard cracked serving to stay in the match at 4-5. Davydenko converted two of three break-point opportunities in the third set, the last of which clinched the title after two hours and 43 minutes of high-quality, back-and-forth tennis.

"I started to find my game and started to come back," Davydenko explained. "I should have won the second set at 5-4 with set point, but I didn’t and I was lucky in the tiebreak. I don’t know what happened to him at the end. He tried a winner at 4-4, he didn’t make it and it was 5-4 for me. I think he lost a little bit of concentration and lost the match. It was a really good fight."

Davydenko, who finished with 54 winners and 51 unforced errors, has now won three straight against Nadal and leads their head-to-head series 6-5. Nadal put on a much better show against Davydenko that he he did in their two most recent encounters, but after dictating play in the first set, he once again found himself on the defensive. The world No. 2 finished with 37 winners and 28 errors.

"Sure, it’s better to win, especially when you have the chance," Nadal concluded. "But that’s tennis and probably I needed a little bit more calm. But I’m probably playing better than ever for the moment. There was one moment in 2008 maybe where I played like I did today in the first set. So that’s a very positive thing for me."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/match_repo … fael_Nadal

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#45 10-01-2010 13:58:27

Art

User

Doha: niesamowite przebudzenie Dawydienki

Sobota była dniem niezwykłych finałów. Najpierw w Brisbane niezapomniane widowisko stworzyły Kim Clijsters i Justine Henin, a następnie na równie wysoki poziom wznieśli się Nikołaj Dawydienko i Rafael Nadal w Doha. 28-letni Rosjanin wygrał turniej Qatar Exxon Mobil Open, pomimo że został rozgromiony w pierwszym secie. Wynik trwającego 2 godziny i 43 minuty finału to 0:6, 7:6(8), 6:4.

W pierwszej partii na korcie niepodzielnie rządził fantastycznie usposobiony Nadal. 23-letni mistrz z Manacor nie dał Rosjaninowi żadnych szans. Oddał mu zaledwie 11 punktów i ani jednego gema. Honorowy punkt na tablicy wyników Dawydienko zapisał przy swoim nazwisku dopiero po 52 minutach gry. Fakt ten został nagrodzony gromkimi brawami widzów zgromadzonych w kompleksie Khalifa w Doha. Jednak to, co wydawało się uniknięciem kompromitacji, okazało się punktem zwrotnym. Dawydienko z każdą chwilą się rozkręcał, parł to przodu i zmuszał Nadala do coraz większego wysiłku. W końcu udało mu się przełamać Hiszpana. Wicelider rankingu ATP zdołał jednak odrobić stratę i doprowadzić do tie breaka. 28-letni Rosjanin nie zrezygnował jednak z ofensywnej gry i częstych wizyt przy siatce. Niezwykłe emocje towarzyszyły kibicom w tie breaku. Lepiej rozpoczął Dawydienko, ale następnie gra się wyrównała, setbole marnował Rosjanin, a meczbole Nadal. W końcu szalę na swoją stronę przeważył zwycięzca ubiegłorocznego Masters w Londynie. Szósty w rankingu Dawydienko triumfował 10-8. W decydującym secie obaj tenisiści utrzymali wysoki poziom. W początkowej fazie seta panowie uzyskali po jednym breaku, ale kluczowy okazał się dziesiąty gem. Serwujący przy stanie 4:5 Rafael Nadal nie zdołał utrzymać podania, dając tym samym turniejowe zwycięstwo Dawydience.

Nikołaj Dawydienko zdobył 20. tytuł w zawodowej karierze i potwierdził doskonałą formę z końca poprzedniego sezonu, która dała mu triumf w mistrzostwach ATP w Londynie. 28-letni Rosjanin wykazał się niezwykłymi umiejętnościami i wolą walki, przez co należy stawiać go w gronie faworytów zaczynającego się 17 stycznia Australian Open.

Dzięki sobotniemu zwycięstwu Dawydienko otrzyma 185 850 dolarów oraz 250 punktów do rankingu ATP. Poprawił także bilans konfrontacji z Nadalem na 5:4. Warto przypomnieć, iż w fazie półfinałowej Rosjanin wygrał z Rogerem Federerem.

http://www.tenisklub.pl/?req=news&newsI … 9fcf2ef15c

#46 15-01-2010 14:18:21

rusty Hewitt

Zbanowany

Denko w DEUCE:

The Man Who Can No Longer Be Ignored

Nikolay Davydenko doesn't want the media attention that is heaped on his peers like Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. He just wants their success. As the hottest player on the ATP World Tour heading into the Australian Open, the Russian may be ready to claim his first Grand Slam title.

It is time to sit up and take notice of Nikolay Davydenko - whether he likes it or not. The Russian, notorious for shunning the limelight and being overlooked by fans, media and sponsors alike, is playing some of the finest tennis of his career and may be ready to add a Grand Slam title to his collection.

Davydenko, who has finished no lower than No. 6 in the year-end South African Airways ATP Rankings for the past five years, has always been overshadowed by peers including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Roddick. But he wouldn’t have it any other way.

"I enjoy being like this, I don't want to be famous like these guys," he says. Why? "Because I like to lead a much more private life. I enjoy going to clubs and having nobody recognise me. I can sometimes do crazy things and nobody will take pictures of me or tell the newspapers. For me to be famous is not so good.

"I really don't think about media," he added. "They just concentrate on the number one, two and three guys and that's it. For me, really, I have no pressure; that's how I like it. Nobody thinks about me, nobody talks about me. I am really relaxed, enjoying myself and just concentrating on the matches. If I win a Grand Slam, or if I become No. 1, I'd be the same guy. I really try not to be famous."

Davydenko, LondonAll he wants, he says, is a little more fan support, particularly when playing on home soil. "I was really disappointed in Moscow [earlier this year] when I played against Marat. Mostly, like 80 per cent, supported Safin," lamented Davydenko after his win over US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro in the final of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. "For sure, it was the last tournament for him. But I saw how many people liked him, how they supported him and enjoyed how he played. I hope that now Marat is finished - and no longer as famous in Russia - that I will be the favourite for Russia and everybody will support me."

Tennis fans struggle to connect with Davydenko. They see only a hard-working and highly focused player, who rarely shows his emotions on court. The real Davydenko is straight-talking, fiercely loyal to those around him and blessed with a dry sense of humour.

Davydenko certainly does not lack support from his family, notably his brother and coach, Eduard, and wife of three years, Irina. Both travel with him, although Eduard will take a step back this season to spend more time with his family, and Davydenko knows that their support has been invaluable.

"I really enjoy it, when my family is with me I do better at tournaments and I don’t miss home at all. I can say I don’t want to go home, because my home is with me now."

Irina has travelled with him on the tour for the past six and a half years. The pair met when he made his Davis Cup debut against Czech Republic in 2003 and she first accompanied him to a tournament later that year in Estoril, where he succeeded in winning his second ATP World Tour title.

"It was the first time she had come to a tournament with me," recalled Davydenko. "I was feeling good because I was with my favourite woman, I saw that I could win tournaments and thought Why not? - She can travel with me to every tournament!

"She just tries to relax my mind mostly. She helps me to enjoy myself outside of tennis and tells me to forget tennis because you cannot think about tennis 24 hours a day; you start to be tired. We don't speak about tennis and do something different."

Like many players, Davydenko, who grew up inspired to play like Ivan Lendl, was forced to make difficult decisions at a young age in order to pursue a tennis career at the highest level. In 1992, aged 11, he packed his bags, bade farewell to his parents, Vladimir and Tatjana, and went to live in Volgograd with his older brother Eduard, who had enjoyed a promising junior career before going to study sports training and coaching at university. He can remember no clear reason for wanting to undertake such a big move. Fate, he decides, must have intervened.

"I really don't remember very much about when I left. My mother just told me that I wanted to go and live with my brother and that’s what I did. I really don't know why I wanted to go there and play tennis. I'm not so crazy about practising tennis. But something changed in my life; I don’t know… I think a sign was given to me to tell me to change my life."

Davydenko with wife IrinaFrom that day forward, Eduard has served the role of big brother, coach and mentor through the good times and the bad, guiding Davydenko to 20 ATP World Tour titles, including three ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophies, and four Grand Slam semi-finals. Davydenko has never once considered employing someone else.

"He's my brother, we have always been close. He always helps me with what I need. He knows me very well, and he can always give to me everything that I need. We spend a lot of time together, on the court and off the court also. He knows everything very well, that's why I would find it very difficult to change to another coach. I'm always happy with him, because he always knows what I need to do, how to practice and everything. He can prepare me for tournaments, and I feel confident."

Indeed, one of the few goals Davydenko and his brother are yet to achieve together is Grand Slam championship glory. Two semi-finals apiece at Roland Garros and the US Open, with defeat coming at the hands of Federer on three of the four occasions, are Davydenko's best efforts in the majors. But, as he approaches the Australian Open in the form of his life, the right-hander believes that the best is yet to come. Even a runner-up finish won't suffice for the determined Russian.

"I feel I can beat everyone, because I've beaten everyone already," said Davydenko. "Maybe then I have better confidence for sure. I'm feeling like I can win and really play very good tennis.

"Five years in the Top 10 is not amazing, but it's good, it's really good. I have enjoyed all these years in the Top 10. I've had great results, I've won 20 titles. I hope that's not all, though. I will try to do more, I hope, if I can. I have memories of playing semi-finals in Grand Slams. But a semi-final is not like winning. You enjoy it only if you win the tournament."

DavydenkoDavydenko, who played dress up in 2008 while blogging for ATPWorldTour.com (photo left) (read blog), enters the Australian Open as the man of the moment, coming in on a nine-match unbeaten run and labelled as being in "incredible" form by Nadal. En route to winning the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in his final outing of 2009 he defeated Nadal in the round-robin stage and earned his first win in 13 attempts over Federer in the semi-finals. Then, in the first week of the 2010 season, he followed up by defeating the world's top two players again to triumph at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open in Doha.

Davydenko's performance in Doha was jaw-dropping. In the first set of his semi-final against Federer he put all 27 first serves into play en route to a 6-4, 6-4 win. In the final, a sizzling Nadal served up a bagel in the first set and held two match points in the second-set tie-break. But with his newfound self belief, Davydenko rallied to win 0-6, 7-6(8), 6-4.

As is his wont, though, Davydenko won't be putting himself under any additional pressure by declaring himself one of the favourites for the first Grand Slam of 2010 in Melbourne, where he is a three-time quarter-finalist. He is content to quietly make his way through the draw, round by round.

"Really, I don’t think about the Australian Open because it's too much pressure then for me. I enjoy coming to Australia, and will concentrate on the first round, then the second. For me, it's important to see how I play every match and feel my way step by step, and then my confidence will get better and better."

One thing is for sure: Even if the media is looking elsewhere, Davydenko's fellow players will be watching him very closely, indeed.

Ostatnio edytowany przez rusty Hewitt (15-01-2010 14:20:51)

#47 17-01-2010 18:13:50

Art

User

Nikolay Davydenko puts critics to sword

NIKOLAY Davydenko is international sport's most unlikely success symbol.

More accountant than athlete, reclusive Davydenko has operated on the fringes of world tennis for the best part of a fine career.

On the surface, he shapes as Mr Bland wielding Excalibur.

Beyond the stony face, Davydenko is one of the most perplexing characters on tour.

By turns, dour and hilarious, sincere and careless.

What is beyond dispute is the fact he was vilified after an investigation into a mid-match betting plunge in one of his matches in Sopot in 2007.

No charges were laid, but the damage was done.

If Davydenko is unfazed by accusations of being boring, charisma-free and mercenary, others are less enamoured by the slurs.

Beaten by Davydenko at the ATP World Tour finals in London in November after winning the pair's first 12 matches, Roger Federer rounded on the doubters and the accusers.

Asked if Davydenko was sufficiently respected, Federer said: "Well, I don't know if you guys (media) have respect.

"I have. I think it's most important that he has respect from his fellow players.

"I think he didn't have the easiest of last few years . . . where people suspected him of doing bad things in the sport.

"He had a cloud over his name for quite some time, which was not very fair.

"I think he handled it very well towards the end.

"To be able to continue playing this well by being asked always the same stupid questions must not have been very easy for him.

"So I respect him not only for that, but obviously for the player he is."

Dubbed the invisible man because of his low profile, Davydenko again claimed Federer's scalp in Doha to emerge as a legitimate grand slam contender.

He has been an under-achiever at the highest level, failing to reach a major final despite being a top-10 fixture.

The Russian struggles to explain his success, other than to point to the obvious -- hard work and a willingness to travel anywhere to play.

"I'm smaller (178cm and 70kg)," Davydenko said of his slight physique.

"It's like you can play different tennis. Not only big serve; you can get good return, running, good control baseline, play volley.

"How fast you running also is important, and, for sure, concentration. It's like everything together.

"I practise two hours a day. Much running."

Sages believe Davydenko would almost certainly have captured one of the big four by now if not for a slight hitch -- grand slam matches are mostly played outdoors, in the heat, and over best of five sets.

If the Australian Open was exclusively indoors and over best of three sets, Davydenko would rightly fancy his chances.

As it is, Davydenko is the most dominant player on the ATP World Tour, triumphing in last year's Shanghai Masters, ATP World Tour Finals and, a week ago, the Qatar ExxonMobil Open.

He not only defeated Federer in Qatar, he rocked Rafa Nadal by saving two match points en route to victory.

"The first set was 6-0, everybody saw it," the 28-year-old said of the Doha final.

"But if you saw the match, it was not so easy.

"I really had the chance to win some games, but I played a little bit slowly, he played much faster.

"(In the end) I think he lost a little bit of concentration and lost the match. For me it was a really good fight."

That is always the way for the baseliner. Should Melbourne Park escape its traditional January heatwave, Davydenko may yet vault to a success once considered beyond him.

If there are any doubts about that, run it past Roger Federer.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nikol … 5820454961

#48 19-01-2010 07:46:44

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Davydenko devastating in opening hit-out

German qualifier Dieter Kindlmann’s luck was out when he drew in-form Nikolay Davydenko in the first round of Australian Open 2010. Davydenko demolished Kindlmann 6-1 6-0 6-3 on Tuesday, ending Kindlmann’s Grand Slam hopes as he had in the first round of the 2009 US Open.

Davydenko has been in outstanding form of late, beating Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer at both the ATP World Tour Finals and Doha to claim both titles. After the match, he said this has given him new confidence. “Now I feel like I can beat everyone. It’s interesting ... it’s a good feeling.”

Davydenko raced through the first two sets in a mere 46 minutes, skating smoothly around the baseline and effortlessly dispatching winners. A Kindlmann resurgence in the third set had the world No. 6 puffing and the Germans singing in the crowd. With Kindlmann up 3-1 and with another three break points to come on Davydenko’s serve, the third set seemed to be up for grabs.

But the impassive Davydenko decided enough was enough, firing down two aces. Kindlmann was caught in the headlights, unable to win another game. By the end of the match, the world No. 175 had watched 39 winners rocket past him.

At the ATP World Tour Finals in November, world No. 4 Juan Martin del Potro told Davydenko that playing him had been like playing against a Playstation 3. That impressive speed was on display on Show Court 2 against Kindlmann, as rarely did a ball seem out of Davydenko’s reach.

Back for his ninth Australian Open, Davydenko appeared relaxed at the post-match conference. A recent two-week break from tennis, spent diving in the Maldives, may pay dividends for the Russian, who looks certain to go further than his previous best effort of reaching the quarter-finals at the Australian Open between 2005-07.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … ml?fpos=r4

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#49 19-01-2010 08:36:54

Serenity

User

Wywiad z Denko po meczu 1 rundy AO

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You are one of the favorites of the tournament. How do you deal with this? This year many players like Nadal or Murray thought Davydenko can win.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Oh, really? Surprising, you know, these guys start to talking about me, because maybe now. Before, if nobody talking, then nobody scare. Now it's everyone scare. That's what's is start to talking about me and favorites and everything.

But it's interesting feeling. Now I feel like I can beat everyone. That's was these guys now, you know, something feel different. Before no because I know I can win, but mostly I losing against these guys. But now I can beat everyone. It's good feeling.

Q. Your confidence is 200%, 400%?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No, maybe about these guys, yes. But, you know, if I play against top 10, it's coming quarterfinals, semifinal. But before I need to reach this level. I need to win second, third round, you know, to become this level, to become this level of 200%.

Q. Do you enjoy scaring people?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Enjoy which people?

Q. Scaring everybody that you're scaring now.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Oh, you mean... Yes, why not? Really, you know, if somebody scare of me, if I go on the court, it's very good. You know, then I have more confidence. If I don't feel by self good, I know everybody scare play against me, and I still have something, you know, feel I can win this match.

Q. This is a new feeling then?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Why new feeling? I have always the same feeling, but now little bit better. Little better feeling.

Q. Do you feel the attitudes of the other players, the top players, have really changed towards you?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know. It's like, say, we play London like two months ago. You know, I don't know how is changed now in these two months. I know it's top guys have every tournaments very high level.

But every week, every tournament's different. You know, some guys play better there. Like, say, Federer play better in Wimbledon. But, like, say in Roland Garros different, or in other Grand Slam is different.

Is not these guys, like all top 5 guys have the same level in all tournaments. I see in some tournaments it's different level, and I know it's playing not so good and they are play much better.

That's was now it's just Grand Slam. I really don't know who is this guy who get now the hundred percent now play very well here and who is the favorite here. It's just begin first week, and we will see what's can happen the second week already.

Q. Your win in the Masters, what has it changed for you?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Really nothing. Just I won $1 million. It's okay. Nothing special (laughter.)

Q. What did you do with all this money? Did you buy a house in Russia?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Not yet. Not yet. Some invest money. You know, if you win money, you need to make more money. That's what's I try to do. Not only with tennis make money. Something else. Some business also to do. Because with tennis you can't do this so much money.

That's was is very important after tennis what you can do and how you invest your money in what you do after.

Q. Did you buy something for your wife?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Look, if I buy everything to my wife, how I can invest money?

Yes, for sure I buy something. But not so much, you know, what people think about this.

Q. What did you buy for her?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: You know, I was after like London was two weeks in Maldives. I spent all this money there because we have good holiday. I don't think about how much I spend there. It's was good vacation. Was very enjoy.

Q. Do you notice anything about yourself, that you're playing better, anything that is better now?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I think start to play little bit much better volley to play. You know, if you see my match against Nadal in final in Doha, I start to go to the net. I start to make some points volley, make so many winners volley. Maybe a little bit better serve sometimes.

But try, try to do different. It's not only I just think about only baseline. For sure baseline. I want to be fast. I want to running fast. Like Del Potro tell me now I am like PlayStation 3 in London. Now I try to come level PlayStation 4, to be faster and faster. I hope I can do this. It's very important to me.

Q. Has Del Potro taught you to play PlayStation?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes. Like in London, everyone just start to talking about me like I'm like PlayStation player. Like if you play against me in PlayStation, the same level. I'm moving fast, play fast.

That's what is good. Everybody thinking I am very fast on the court. And I want to practicing like this. I want to keep this level, like PlayStation.

Q. Who won at PlayStation?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No, like say Del Potro play against me in PlayStation. He lost in London. You understand, yeah?

Q. Since you won the Masters, are you more recognized in the street? Do you sign more autographs?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I hope not. Then is not so many like say celebrity guys. I am not Paris Hilton. I don't want to be like this. I don't want to be like Nadal, Federer. These guys I never see by breakfast. They stay in the room and take room service.

For me better go downstairs, you know, take breakfast, or dinner to go somewhere, not to be so much famous.

Q. Are you a celebrity in Russia?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No. Also not. Russia's big country. Really big country. And some part, like in some place, yes, but not everywhere.

Q. Do you think players like Federer and Nadal have an advantage here because you have to win three sets? They always do well in Grand Slams. Do you think it can change something?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know. It's always talk about Federer, Nadal, Federer, Nadal. Yeah, these guys always come in the final, play against guys both in finals in every Grand Slam.

But who knows now. If you see Wimbledon was Roddick, Del Potro was US Open. Game is change now. Have top 10 guys is pretty hard. If you see Soderling was in the final of Paris. It's not always Federer and Nadal in finals. It start to change in tennis.

I hope not to be anymore only Nadal‑Federer.

Q. You say the Masters didn't change a lot. Except for the money of course, is it going to change something if you win this tournament?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know. Is here 50% tax. Cannot make millions here. Really is change only in your career, in your feeling, in your like, say, life because you won Grand Slam.

Yes, it's just titles. It's not only money. It's already some titles. I have already 20 titles. Yes, every tournament I win is my life is my title.

It's for sure if I continue, in tennis I feel I have so many titles and memories still feeling, yes. And some memories, some tournaments, like London, Shanghai, Miami, Paris. It's really big tournaments for me. For sure if I'm winning Grand Slam tournaments, it's still my memory.

Q. How much time did you spend in Maldives?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Two weeks. I start to teach diving. Now I am professional diving. Something you need to teach, something you need to learn, something different, not think about tennis.

Q. How deep did you go in diving?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Beginning 18 meters. Second step 40 meters. Next step, end of this year, I want to go 40 meters down.

Q. Do you talk to your wife a lot about tennis? Is she the one you confide in?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Sometimes if I feel ‑‑ no, if she ‑‑ like ‑‑ if I play bad or feel like something wrong, she start to talk to me about tennis. If everything okay, no. Is no question.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 52296.html

#50 19-01-2010 19:06:41

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Davydenko: I'm no Federer or Nadal

Davydenko: I'm no Federer or Nadal Never one to make news with his mouth, Nikolay Davydenko held nothing back on the eve of the Australian Open. The veteran Russian even said that "it's only tennis" for Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

Nikolay Davydenko has not been kind on the court to Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal over the past few months. And now he is unforgiving off-court, as well.

In a recent interview, Davydenko accused Federer and Nadal--among others--of thinking "only" about tennis.

"I have a good life," the sixth-ranked Russian explained. "It’s not only about tennis for me. Maybe I am not a champion like Nadal or Federer. These guys mostly think about tennis. For them, it’s only tennis; winning tournaments, winning a grand slam, dreaming maybe every day about it. I am not that guy, I am different."

Having captured the World Tour Finals title in November and also kicking off his 2010 campaign with a win over Nadal in the Doha final, Davydenko is heading into a Grand Slam as one of the top favorites for the first time in his career. What would he do if he does, in fact, win the upcoming Australian Open?

"I don’t cry like Federer at winning a Grand Slam."

That remains to be seen, however, because Davydenko has never won a major - but he thinks this could be his time.

"Why not? I can win it for sure. I beat everyone already in the Top 10. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Grand Slam or another tournament. I feel I can continue my level and beat these guys here."

"Before, I knew that Federer always on important points would win. I beat Federer (in London) and my mind started to give me a chance. If I play against Federer, in my mind I don’t lose the match beforehand now. I just fight and I feel I can win this match. It just changed the way I think. It doesn’t matter where it is."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … r_or_Nadal

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#51 20-01-2010 18:14:34

jaccol55

Administrator

Nikołaj Dawidienko: Nie jestem Paris Hilton

Uważany za "czarnego konia" turnieju tenisowego Australian Open Nikołaj Dawidienko jest sportowcem, który nie rzuca się w oczy i nie dba o popularność. Po pokonaniu w pierwszej rundzie Niemca Dietera Kindlmanna 6:1, 6:0, 6:3 powiedział krótko - nie jestem Paris Hilton.
Miejscowi kibice rzeczywiście mogą mieć trudności z rozpoznaniem szóstej rakiety świata, gdyby zobaczyli niewysokiego mężczyznę w dresie, siedzącego w rogu sali i spożywającego obiad. - Nie chcę być taki, jak oni. Jak Rafa i Roger. Tych facetów nigdy nie widziałem przy śniadaniu. Pozostają w swoich pokojach i korzystają z obsługi hotelowej. Ja wolę zejść na śniadanie lub obiad. Dla mnie jest lepiej, że nie jestem tak sławny - powiedział Rosjanin. Jak przyznał, nawet w ojczyźnie nie jest rozpoznawany. - To naprawdę wielki kraj - wyjaśnił.

2009 rok Dawidienko zakończył wspaniale, wygrywając z Federerem, Nadalem i mistrzem USA Argentyńczykiem Juanem del Potro. Dzięki temu triumfował w Masters w Londynie. Ten sukces niewiele zmienił w jego sportowym życiu. Zarobił tylko więcej niż przedtem, potem pojechał na dwutygodniowy urlop z żoną na Malediwach. Ta przerwa dobrze mu zrobiła. W nowym sezonie znowu jest niepokonany. Ponownie wygrał z Federerem i Nadalem, tym razem w turnieju w Dausze.

Przeciwnicy zauważyli zmianę w jego grze. Znaną im szybkość poruszania się po korcie połączył z "ciągiem" na siatkę. Po przegranej z nim w Londynie del Potro powiedział mu, że grało mu się, jak z postacią z gry komputerowej. - Chcę być szybki, chcę biegać szybko. Del Potro powiedział mi, że jestem jak z PlayStation 3. Wszyscy wiedzą, że jestem szybki. Teraz staram się być jeszcze szybszym i przejść na poziom PlayStation 4. Mam nadzieję, że to mi się uda - zakończył Dawidienko.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … is-hilton/

Pan PS chce przejść na wyższy poziom.

#52 20-01-2010 19:05:51

Statystyczny

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Frank Dancevic

Żeby przypadkiem nie spadł na poziom Gameboya Color.

Frank Dancevic---------Stefan Koubek---------Grigor Dimitrov-------Dustin Brown------Jo- Wilfried Tsonga-----Łukasz Kubot----- Michał Przysiężny------Horacio Zeballos

http://dropszot.blogspot.com - zapraszam na świetnego bloga poświęconego niższym szczeblom męskich rozgrywek tenisowych.
Blog został zawieszony na nieokreślony okres czasu.

#53 20-01-2010 19:26:24

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Niestety Mikołaj jest przykładem, jak zbyt długie oczekiwanie na sukces i patrzenie jak inni go osiągają nasącza żółcią; trochę przykro czyta się wywiady z nim od kiedy wygrał WTF. Faktycznie nie jest jak Federer i Nadal i nigdy nie będzie; trochę tylko dziwi, że wybrał sobie za cel kiepskich docinków człowieka, który jako bodaj jedyny z czołowych graczy wsparł go publicznie, kiedy Kola był traktowany jak trędowaty.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Robertinho (20-01-2010 19:29:37)

#54 20-01-2010 19:50:51

Art

User

Dla mnie w ogóle dziwny jest Kola. Najpierw zarzuca Federerowi i Nadalowi, że myślą tylko o tenisie, a to on sam gra częściej i gdzie się tylko da; później mówi, że nie zależy mu na popularności choc jak pamiętam całkiem niedawno żalił się, że tak mało osób mu kibicuje i liczył, że przejmie sympatie ludzi po odchodzącym Maracie. Coś chyba za bardzo to się kupy nie trzyma.

#55 21-01-2010 00:58:24

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Art napisał:

Dla mnie w ogóle dziwny jest Kola. Najpierw zarzuca Federerowi i Nadalowi, że myślą tylko o tenisie, a to on sam gra częściej i gdzie się tylko da; później mówi, że nie zależy mu na popularności choc jak pamiętam całkiem niedawno żalił się, że tak mało osób mu kibicuje i liczył, że przejmie sympatie ludzi po odchodzącym Maracie. Coś chyba za bardzo to się kupy nie trzyma.

Chciałbym w całej rozciągłości się po tym podpisać.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#56 21-01-2010 11:54:15

Art

User

No let up for ruthless Davydenko

Highly-fancied Russian Nikolay Davydenko’s Australian Open campaign marched on with a comprehensive 6-3 6-3 6-0 victory over Ukrainian qualifier Illya Marchenko on Thursday.

Davydenko, the world No.6 took only one hour and 49 minutes to dispose of 22-year-old Marchenko, who was making his Grand Slam debut in Melbourne. The win edges Davydenko one step closer to a potential fourth-round clash with 2009 semi-finalist and this year’s ninth seed, Fernando Verdasco.

Davydenko’s precise and smart tennis saw him consistently out-wit his 119th-ranked opponent,. While Marchenko started well, taking an early 2-0 lead with a break of Davydenko’s serve, the Russian immediately broke back before holding serve defiantly with two big aces.

Marchenko rose to the occasion of his first match against a top 35 player and pulled out some winners of his own, including a cross-court backhand on the stretch from a deep Davydenko forehand.

The Ukrainian, who overcame 1998 Roland Garros champion Carlos Moya in the opening round, managed to earn four break point opportunities in the opening set, but Davydenko was too strong and took it 6-3.

It didn’t take long for Davydenko to grab the advantage in the second set, breaking the Ukrainian in his second service game.

Again Marchenko tried desperately to stay in the set, and went shot-for-shot with the world No. 6 in Davydenko’s next service game. The Ukrainian made a brilliant return from a powerful Davydenko backhand and fended off a body shot from the Russian at the net to set up another break point.

Davydenko fired an ace to get out of trouble and held his serve 4-2 before wrapping up the set in his following service game.

It was all one-way traffic in the final set as Davydenko put in a clinical display, quickly breaking Marchenko to love and finishing off the Ukrainian in just 30 minutes to cruise into the third round.

Davydenko is currently riding an 11-match winning streak. He won the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals last November, where he defeated Roger Federer for the first time, and he also beat Rafael Nadal and Juan Martin del Potro en route to the title.

His next opponent will be 30th seed Juan Monaco from Argentina, who came from two sets down to oust Frenchman Michael Llodra on Thursday.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 14187.html

#57 21-01-2010 12:37:22

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wywiad po meczu 2 rundy AO:

An interview with:
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO

THE MODERATOR: Questions.

Q. Perfect start of the tournament.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, two matches, three sets. That's good. Second match play better. Baseline was control and fighting first two sets. Something important I think for me. You know, play from baseline, running, you know, like fighting I think is good.

Q. Did your opponent look scared?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't think so. You know, qualifying guys really don't scare because nothing to lose. You know, just go, play, do the best result.

That's what's should be I need to scare against these guys because I don't know these guys, how he's playing. That's was is now different. It's not like between guys top 10 who is scare. This is now top 10 and something 150 in the world. You know, it's now different position.

But really I'm feeling I can win against these guys, and not to get hundred percent fit form, you know, say like not to be in the best level.

Q. Something more personal. Looking at your bio, I see you changed nationality when you were 18. Before you were Ukrainian. Can you explain a little bit why that happened.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: It was one country. It was not Ukraine or Russia before. That's was I didn't change. I didn't have before 16, like say.

Just move to Russia. Everything was there. It's like doesn't matter where you be. Then was Russia. I was 11, like 12, and after my 16 age, I have my passport, I have citizenship Russian.

I didn't change anything from Ukrain to Russia passport, no.

Q. Would you love to write a book? Because you're an interesting figure, a great character.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Write a book? You mean a humor book? Tennis book? Action book? I don't know.

Q. Whatever.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No, no, no. Maybe. Really, I don't know. I still play tennis. I don't know what I can do after if I continue tennis really. It's interesting.

I would like to go in business, but I don't want to lose my money also in the business. That's different decision and difficult what I can do.

Q. Why are you always talking about money every time?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Because we are Russian (smiling.) Russian always talking about money. And you know all Russian can get only cash, not like you guys, only credit cards also. But not always getting money.

In tennis, for us, it's most important winning and titles to get, you know. Because we have not so long career. Like if we play 10 years, in 10 years if you win some tournaments, you can tell your kids what you did.

Because, you know, if my kids asking, Papa, why you not working? What you doing now? I need to explain what I did, how was my life was before. That's was different situation. Not like normal people, you know, working and get to some job, and then kids can say in school about what's parents doing.

That's what's in my position is different now.

Q. Are you a vodka drinker?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes.

Q. Is that where you get your strength from?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No, I don't drink really. I don't drink so much because, you see, I'm skinny. I mix only. Sometimes I drink clear vodka, sometimes mixed with Red Bull. Little bit get power in night club or disco.

Because if I drink only vodka I go sleep straight. That's what's something change.

Q. If you retire and you explain to your children why you're not working anymore...

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: It's interesting. We're not talking about tennis. We're talking about my life. This is my first experience like this in the press (laughter.)

Q. If you explain that you don't have a Grand Slam victory in a tournament, would you be happy?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I think so, yes. I just explain what I did, you know. It's not only think about Grand Slam. I did my job. I did my, you know, tennis career. Some guys didn't win anything, you know.

But also you can explain something. He beat somebody, you know, in top 10, or winning some great matches. I can explain I have now 20 titles. That's what's was I can explain Davis Cup win. That's something I can and something I can explain my kids. I hope I can. I hope I can have kids also in the futures. We'll see.

Q. Would you want to have them so they can still see you play?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes. No. Yes and no. Really, I would like have kids now, like Federer already two have, or Hewitt. You know, we have the same age. But my wife don't want to, you know, stay at home. She travel with me now.

At least now is important time. Now I'm top 10. She scared about if I start to, with kids, lose tennis and go down, stray. That's was because I start to miss and I want to go home. I don't want to practicing. That's what's is different.

Maybe for me is better for me be with my wife at this time, no kids. If I be out of top 10, maybe for sure. You know, for sure. But yet is difficult decision to be top 10 and something change.

But I like it maybe.

Q. She thinks you can win the tournament, your wife?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: She think always I can win everything. But not everything I can win.

Q. And what do you think? You are the favorite or one of the favorites of the tournament.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I never think about any tournaments I am favorite. Doesn't matter which one, 250 or Grand Slam, because I know I can also lose not only top‑10 guys, but I can lose also No. 15 or hundred. It's depends how you feel.

I know I'm very good player. If I feel good, I for sure I can beat everyone. But not every day you can feel good. That's was difficult. It was also like in Grand Slam. I hope I can feel every day good here in Australia.

For sure, feeling good you can win matches and you can win, you know, tournament. But, you know, it's only four days here. Just second round. Still, you know, continue, you know, in tournament. We'll see how is it feeling.

Q. Your victory against Federer in London has changed something for you? More confidence since this victory?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes, yes. Maybe in the match. It's not like ‑‑ like if you remember, I beat Nadal before, some 'nother guys. If I play against Federer, and I know so many matches like 4‑All, I have set points and I losing sets.

It what's happening I think in Roland Garros in semifinal. I have in every set set points, and I lose three sets. This is really change my mind now. If you see like I was also in London in the third set was 5‑All or something, 5‑4 for Federer, and for sure he want to continue match. For sure he want to win now, you know, this match.

And he have chance, because it's was like Love‑30 or 15‑30, and then something in my mind ‑‑ I have good points. I did some well. I have good confidence at this time, and then I break him.

Something change these like few minutes, and winning, beat Federer. Already in second match in Doha I be more positive, more confidence. I know if be something by 5‑All or 4‑All or something, in much important points, I have chance win these points. That's was something change really.

Q. You said your wife says she thinks you can win every tournament you enter.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: That's because she's my wife.

Q. After, does she analyze your tournament?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes, for sure. She analyze because she's travel with me already six years. Because in sitting with my brother, and brother always talking about what I did, right, left, everything, forehand. She can coaching me already.

She can explain what I did wrong in the match after the match. It's interesting, because I cannot see really what is a problem was in the match for sure, and she can explain.

Q. So she's a good coach?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Maybe in the future. Just tactic.

Q. How do you feel about a possible matchup with Verdasco in the quarters?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Everything in possible. I don't know what the score against Verdasco. I already played many times against him. Many times was fighting. Last time was in Kuala Lumpur final, 7‑5, 7‑5. Hard match.

I think for him here, I think he have good confidence. For him it's very well now, these balls, this surface, stadium. Just he feeling great.

We see if we can reach to Verdasco. Then we can talk about Verdasco.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 70906.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#58 23-01-2010 13:10:48

Art

User

Davydenko makes it 13 straight

Russia’s Nikolay Davydenko has marched through his round three match with Argentina’s Juan Monaco in a performance that confirms his status as one of this year’s favourites for the Australian Open title.

Extending his winning streak to 13 matches, Davydenko took one hour and 49 minutes to impress a packed Margret Court Arena on a windy Saturday afternoon with the 6-0 6-3 6-4 victory.

Davydenko said he could not exactly pinpoint the reason behind his recent stellar form.

“[Maybe] because I'm older,” he said, laughing. “I don't know really. It's difficult, really difficult to say why. Maybe it's depends how many matches you did and against who you play and against who you win.

“Maybe if like last year I beat so many good guys: Federer, Nadal, and you know, del Potro. Also like in Shanghai, I beat Djokovic. Very tough matches. It's like feeling I have very good confidence. Maybe my tennis a little bit change. Maybe I start to play a bit faster and do not so many mistake.”

No one could fault Davydenko’s play in the opening set on Saturday. Everything seemed to go right for the No.6 seed, as he won 24 of the 32 points up for grabs.

While Monaco found success with 87 per cent of his first serves in the opening set, he could not keep up with the Russian’s pace or spin.

Davydenko committed only four unforced errors in the opening six games as he had Monaco running ragged and sending his shots long and wide.

The second set continued much like the first. Davydenko was able to hold serve, break Monaco in the second game and leap ahead to a 3-0 lead.

“I was feeling today was much better my concentration in a match … I fighting for every point, and that's what maybe it was 6-0 in the first set and 3-0. I didn't make it any mistake, you know, like say [for] nine games,” he explained.

“But I can't holding all match like this. I know I losing in some points with concentration, some games. I can losing games … Holding the same level like first set and third set is really different.”

In the fourth game, a big Monaco serve, directly to the far corner of the box, pushed Davydenko out wide and in a position where he was unable to return.

With that, the Argentine opened his arms to the heavens and let out a cry of thanks, as he was finally on the scoreboard.

Davydenko faced some resistance in the following game, but Monaco was unable to convert on his break point opportunity, and the Russian’s perfect serve helped him make it 4-1.

The scare alone was enough to rattle the No.6 seed as errors started to creep into his play, his returns floating long and wide. With the wind occasionally causing havoc, sending balls wayward and at times even backwards, the third set started with a bang.

Davydenko broke in the opening service game on the back of some sloppy Monaco ball placement, but the Argentine drew level again within five minutes.

Davydenko had only two break point opportunities for the rest of the match, and managed to convert one in the important ninth game.

Serving at 15-40, Monaco tried to frame Davydenko from the net. He pushed the Russian to the baseline with a superb forehand, but Davydenko was too fast, the Russian sending a blistering forehand straight down the line and straight past a stunned Monaco.

It was all too much for the Argentine, as he threw his racquet to the ground in frustration.

From here, it was a textbook finish for Davydenko as he served out the match without dropping another point.

Davydenko will attempt to keep his dream of a first Grand Slam title alive when he faces the No.9 seed Fernando Verdasco in the fourth round.

Fast facts

- Davydenko committed 30 unforced errors for the match to Monaco’s 35; only four of Davydenko’s came in the first set.

- Davydenko hit 22 winners to Monaco’s six.

- The fastest serve for the match was from Davydenko at 207km/h.

- Monaco had two break point opportunities, converting one, while Davydenko was 6-for-10 on break point chances.

ao.com

#59 23-01-2010 13:12:12

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wywiad po meczu 3 rundy AO10:

An interview with:
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. In the 12 straight wins you conceded fewer games in a Grand Slam in this tournament. Can you keep up this excellent form? Do you think about it?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Really, it's difficult to say why it's happening. Maybe it's good. I was feeling today was much better my concentration in a match. And beginning start already. I fighting for every point, and that's what maybe it was 6‑Love in the first set and 3‑Love. Because like say I didn't make it any mistake, you know, like say nine games.

But I can't holding all match like this. I know I losing in some points with concentration, some games. I can losing games. That's was I start to get really tired in the end of second set and was already start for my difficult.

Holding the same level like first set and third set is really different was.

Q. Why are you playing better tennis this year than last year or the year before?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Because I'm older. (Laughter.). I don't know really. It's difficult, really difficult to say why. Maybe it's depends how many matches you did and against who you play and against who you win.

Maybe if like last year I beat so many good guys: Federer, Nadal, and you know, Del Potro. Also like in Shanghai, I beat Djokovic. Very tough matches. It's like feeling I have very good confidence. Maybe my tennis a little bit change. Maybe I start to play a bit faster and do not so many mistake.

It's really you can talk about tennis many hours. It's really difficult explain here in press why it's change.

Q. This year, everyone thinks you can win a Grand Slam. Did you think that about yourself last year or is it different this year?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Last year I didn't play here. It's very good for me. I feeling very good confidence now.

Q. But in the slams before, Wimbledon, US Open.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I really also surprising in Paris last year. I did very good match against Verdasco, and I really play very bad against Soderling in the quarterfinal. Sometimes I don't understand this feeling.

You know, really it's ‑‑ I hope ‑‑ you know, I hope I holding this level, you know. Every day and all this tournament, all these two weeks before.

Also in Roland Garros happened. Before match, I feel very good. Like my confidence was very high. Wake up next day, you know, just before match, I feel complete different situation. I lost three sets easy.

That's was I don't want to tell you guys, yes, now I want to win. Like say for sure I want to win now here Grand Slam. But this level, if I keep it, maybe I have chance. Maybe I have chance to win. Depends how every match. You know, like now I have Verdasco.

It's also not easy. Okay, I beat him many times. Last year he was semifinal here and he play very well here. For sure he want to play the same level like last year. That's my feeling. It's what I do in the court now, like every match. For me, it's important. That's was you guys. You want to think whatever you want. (Smiling.)

Q. Are you a superstitious man? Are you repeating what you do before every match that you've been on this run since London? Do you have superstitions?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Not really. No, I always forget what was passing me. Just I want to see in the next week, in the future, what I can do better.

For sure I see some, you know, realize some mistake, what I did last week and like last tournament. For sure I don't want to do next week. For me, it's for sure important do ‑‑ I think for my life, for my career, for my tennis, do my perfect tennis. Find this perfect tennis. Play fast, to do no mistake. Play volley. Everything.

I'm 28. I hope I can do in 29 and 30 much better. We'll see how my body, you know, still be with no injury. I think if I can holding like this to be fit for this season, I hope I can.

Q. So much of the emphasis on tennis these days in the men's game is about players who are 6'7", 6'9". We have Karlovic, Isner, Del Potro. Huge men. Here you are.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Come on. But I am not so small.

Q. Relatively.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: To another guy, maybe.

Q. There are different ways of succeed in tennis.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: But these guys running like me? No.

Q. Trying.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: These guys just have different tennis. I think it's now at this time, if you see, it's tennis is so much different. Everybody can play. You know, some guys who make good serve and play volley and another guys running play only baseline and play very well.

That's was I ‑‑ Nadal also 6'0".

Q. A lot of stories in the papers are about how the male tennis player is getting bigger and bigger. When you walk past Isner you must think he's a giant.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: But why everybody scare me? Of me, I mean.

Q. Maybe you scare them more than they scare you.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, but I hope I do my level, you know, and I can beat every 6'0" guys in the tour.

Q. Are you still one of the least‑known players? Do you get bothered for your autograph? You said no one in London did at all. Are you becoming a little bit more...

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: If I go outside now here, it's be difficult to do in autograph. But in the street in the city, yes it's easy. Nobody recognize me and it's good feeling really. Really good feeling.

Q. You live your life.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes. I like what ‑‑ how I enjoy my life, yes, like this.

Q. If you make the final, would you like to play on Margaret Court Arena? You've spent a lot of time out there. Are you disappointed that you haven't played on center court yet?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No, no. Why? It's always I know I starting here at Australia at Show Court 2, Margaret, then maybe Vodafone, like before was, yeah.

I don't know. Rod Laver, it's from quarterfinal always I starting to play. That's was I think it's good. I know I'm not like No. 1, No. 2 like always will need to play on center court.

But, if I know if I reach quarterfinal and I play center, it's also good feeling, you know, like coming here, 2010, I play if center court Australian Open.

Q. If you win a Grand Slam, what do you think will happen in Russia?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't go to Russia after Australian Open. That's was nothing happen there. (Laughter.) I have another tournaments, you know. I celebrate another tournaments then. It's okay.

Q. Do you think the people of Russia will celebrate?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't think so. It's not like football. Not really. In soccer, yes, everybody go in the street drinking. But I don't think so if I win Grand Slam everybody start to drink, all Russia. I don't think so. But it's Monday. It be Monday next day and everybody need work.

Q. Do you think you'll get a call from Marat Safin if you win?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: He's now in Argentina. How can I call him?

Q. You don't think he will call you if you win a Grand Slam?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Why if I see him in Davis Cup in Moscow?

Q. If you're in Russia, do people recognize you in the streets? Do they know you?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Sometimes looking me, and then not believe it's me. Because Russia, like people think about how he can walk on the street because always he driving car. Never you see, you know, really famous people just walking somewhere.

Like say if you go in, I don't know, like in the bath sitting somewhere, people watching you and go, No, it's can't be him. It's not normal. It's mentally Russian.

Q. When the girls won Grand Slam and Myskina won the French Open, Putin rung her up. Do you expect a call from Medvedev?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Call? He didn't know my mobile number. But he did already send me to Russian Federation after I won London. Yeah, that's was very nice, what he did.

Q. What did he do? Tell us what he did.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: What he did? Just congratulate me winning World Cup in London, blah, blah, blah. Just letter. Like he want to send to me in London, but he don't know which hotel I stay. That's was he send to Russian Federation. I hope I pick up now this letter if I go to Moscow.

Q. Is the tournament really beginning now?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Now tournament begin? Yeah, I'm already spend two weeks here.

Q. Is it getting tough, the real tournament is starting now?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Maybe. I don't know. We will see after Verdasco match. Just now we all top 10 players. Yeah, it's fourth round. Yeah, like I tell before, also difficult for me third round because very good player. Mostly everybody good player. Depends of me, how I play.

If I play well, I hope I have chance to win.

Q. If you had to marry another Russian tennis player, who would it be?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Marry?

Q. Get married, like husband and wife.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: If I married another tennis player? Man or woman? (Laughter.). I have already wife. I have my beautiful wife. I don't want to have any ‑‑

IRINA DAVYDENKO: I hear you.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: She's here.

Q. Sorry about that. (Laughter.)

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 10484.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#60 25-01-2010 12:10:42

Art

User

Wywiad po meczu IV r. AO:

Q. In the tiebreaker, were you trying to give your fans a heart attack or what?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, was surprising myself. I think last year and was very tough matches always. I have very good concentration tiebreak and I won mostly every tiebreak.

Today, I don't know what's happen. I really play tiebreak really bad. (Laughter.) Because 5‑4 and my two serve and I didn't realize. You know, just I was disappointing, you know, just coming and sitting after fourth set and thinking, what I need to do now? If I lose tiebreak then my confidence go down. Just thinking, wow, bad luck for me.

I realize if you see in the fifth set beginning I was fighting my serve, just winning my serve. It was also not so easy beginning fifth set. But it's good fighting for me. It was four hours, and good realize some points and play well in the fifth set.

Q. Fernando thought you looked very tired at the beginning of the fifth set. Were you confident going into the fifth set?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I really tired, yes. Yes. Was difficult play against him, because if you see all match, he was serving fast, play fast. I think make so many winners like from forehand. Many.

I like mostly every serve have mostly 200‑something, 210 kilometers per hour. It was for me not so easy to return. I really today very bad return for me. I really cannot return like first serve from Verdasco.

So many mistake did in the second serve also for him. But like I said, I now compare to my serve, like today I also was not so perfect. 160, 170. Sometimes was 200. But mostly I have to do like constant, like in first slice, serve and play baseline. Really tried to do different things, not only winning with serve.

Q. He has a reputation of being one of the strongest and fittest players on tour. How much inspiration can you draw from winning in the fifth set?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: He's strong physically, but not mentally. For sure he was strong. For sure he can play five, six, sets. But concentration you can't holding, you know, all five sets the same. That's was I know he have power in the fifth set, but he can make mistake.

That's what he did in him serve like after I break him 3‑2. I have few good return, and then couple baseline good rally and I won. You know, just return. That's was also surprising me. Always, I know ‑‑ and if you see was today, I know Verdasco well. Always if I go until 4 or 5‑All and then I have chance to break him and then winning like every end of set. Today it's was surprising I didn't make it in the third and fourth set.

That's was, I don't know, really difficult to play was today. Maybe it's so dry and sunny and balls fly, you know, fast. Center court also. I never play. Always show courts. (Smiling.) I really don't know what's can happen.

But I hope, you know, next match I play center court.

Q. Will you watch tonight's game, the prospect of playing...

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes. Yes. If they show on TV. (Laughter.)

If you see between day session, night session, a little bit different situation. Like temperature go down and start to get cold and the balls fly not so fast like in day. It's also like every day you feel different. Also like I practicing like I play match, and next day different weather. I feel different.

Always in Australia so difficult. You know, always every day you need to change something, because you really feel not so comfortable. Not the same. That's was two weeks in Australia, you need every day something changes. Difficult.

Q. Would you like to play at night, the night session?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know, because I need to wait all day. Really, for me, all four matches I played day session. I like to play now day session. In Doha I play night session. Night was like 6:00, 7:00, it was already dark and play every day the same.

Same situation be better. That's was, I don't know if I play against Hewitt or Federer it be night session.

Q. If you play against Federer, who will be the favorite of the match?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I hope Federer.

Q. Why?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Maybe because he beat Hewitt today, and like say he won already a few times Australian Open. He's No. 1. I'm No. 6. Why I need to be favorite if I'm not No. 1?

Q. Did you change something in your way to play against him last two games, last two matches?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, I start to run faster.

Q. It's probably better that you play him in night because you beat him in Doha. You beat him indoors at night. Is it easier to read the balls at night maybe?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Maybe night session it's a little bit slow. That's was I have more chance running fast, and, you know, keep it every ball and do no mistake. That's was if I just see now Tsonga against Almagro I didn't see really baseline games. It's always like mistake or winners. Like play very fast.

That's was day session now today is really fast.

Q. And can you read the balls better at night with the eyesight or is it easier during the day?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: At the night, I think like because it's slow and you can return, you can play baseline, you can control ball, it's much better. A little bit colder. But I really don't know. I really don't know where is better for me play against Federer.

I beat him already two times. I already feeling good. (Smiling.)

Q. In your head is Federer still the favorite?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Maybe. Yes, yes. Like he always for me favorite. But in the court, I try already change my mind. You know, I feel ‑‑ if I feel I have chance to win set, and next set, I realize. That's was I did last two matches.

Q. For years you've said you don't want to be a star and you don't mind playing on the back courts. But you seem to have quite a profile here. Has this been fun? What's it been like?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't say ‑‑ I like to play show court. I don't want to play Court 20 or 22. It's too windy there. For sure I would like to play in show courts. Maybe not center court, but another courts.

Q. Has this been a fun week for you being in the public eye a little bit more than usual?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: You mean now, in this moment?

Q. Jim Courier is interviewing you on the court. That didn't happen in years past. This room is full.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah. That's was surprising. Why you guys here? (Laughter.) Just I don't know what has change. Why you come now and you asking me some private questions? I don't know. It's you. You need to ask yourself why you come here.

Q. We're interested in you, but do you believe this is your Grand Slam? Do you believe this is the one for you?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: After today, you know, five‑set match, I win two sets. Yeah, like if I can just play in three‑sets matches I believe, you know, I can win. But if you see two sets won and then have chance in the fourth, but you never know. Because long match, five sets, today was good practice, four hours.

Mentally I still strong. That's was I believe I am still strong mentally. I don't know if I can win here, but tennis I try be good now, you know, feeling good.

Q. Have you allowed yourself to dream that it might be this time?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Dream? No, no. No, I never dream. Maybe in the night, but not in the day.

Q. Seems that Prince has found your phone number again. They offered a contract with the racquets again.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Just for Grand Slam. Because it's big tournament, I think for Prince it's be okay.

Q. You said last year all the money was for Sharapova.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes. Still like this. Nothing change.

Q. What will you get up to tomorrow? What's your normal day off?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Tomorrow, practicing. Really today do massage and relax and just try my body prepare for the match, for quarterfinal. I want to be fit for sure. Four hours for me today, it's difficult match.

That's was I hope I be top fit for quarterfinal against Hewitt or Federer.

ao.com

Stopka forum

RSS