Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#61 27-01-2010 14:56:13

Art

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Nikolay Davydenko

Wywiad po przegranym meczu 1/4 AO:

Q. You had your opportunities. It was a great game. Where did you miss out? Why didn't you take your chances?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Again, again, again, like the same what was happen last time in Grand Slam. Have chance and I didn't realize, and I lost.

Today, I don't know, it was complete different. I have good confidence in beginning and play well first set. Second set, I have so many chance to win, make breakpoints. I think it's just one game. I don't know what's happened there, like after 3‑1 in the second set.

I can win this game, and for sure after this one, if I be 4‑1, I have chance to win, like 99% chance win second set. But change something, 3‑2, and I lost then everything. Just I cannot come back losing so many games. Like up 6‑3, 6‑0, and, you know, already 1‑All, and really I don't know what's can happen.

Like say matches, okay, five‑set matches. But it's was already was in the second set. I lost second and third set, and so easy. I cannot explain yet what's happen.

Q. You had three brilliant points to save the match in the 11th game of fourth set. There were two returns that were particularly breathtaking.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes, I have chance again. If you see in fourth set 4‑3 for me and I have Love‑40 of serve Federer, but I have no chance. He have all five serves so good. But like say, bad luck for me again in the fourth set.

Yes, I again have chance by 5‑All. I lost my serve fighting. But, again, bad luck. I don't know why. Maybe Federer was really lucky today. (Laughter.) Again.

Q. If it wasn't a Grand Slam would you have won it?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I really don't know. Maybe. But if you say I lost in three sets match. If it's not be a Grand Slam, I cannot really tell now for sure if I can win if it's not be Grand Slam. I don't think so it's not about Grand Slam.

For sure I can holding concentration longer. It's not only one and a half sets. For sure, like if you see I play fourth set also not bad. But Federer sometimes play very well. Sometimes I have really no chance he play fast, long.

If I saw here ‑‑ like in beginning he play shot and I have always chance make my game, and then he start to play longer, faster, and he pushing me back and I start to lose my power. Then everything.

Q. You feel you were a different player after the 3‑1 in the second set?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: For sure, yes.

Q. On the court did you feel the difference?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: You see different if you lose every game in the row, you know. Like do mistake before I didn't know mistake. Mostly every baseline games I won. And then I start to lose everything. Serve today was surprising. Today I have no first serve. That was really bad luck for me.

But I remember every time I play against him last two matches I won, I have good first serve. If in important points my first serve was good and I realize points and I won.

Today was everything from the second and like 50/50. Just baseline and, you know, losing already 6‑Love third set, confidence really go down.

Q. Describe how Roger played in the second and third set.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Not so big different. A little bit ‑‑ I tell like before. A little bit start to play longer. Maybe he begin have a little bit more confidence. Have to less mistake, and sometimes have good forehand fast. You know, make winners. Starting get better serve.

If you see, I have much more first serve and really I can't return.

Q. What was going through your mind as you were losing all those games?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Pissed off. (Laughter.) What else? Yeah. Like say I'm pissed off of my serve. Pissed off. I didn't realize this point, I didn't realize this point. It's like everything was shit (laughter.)

But what else? Bad luck. Go home tomorrow, relax.

Q. It's good you can laugh about it now. Many players would be pissed off after the match. You're laughing now.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, with you guys, what I need to do?

Q. Roger said at times the sun had a bit of an affect on him and had a bit of a breeze as well. Did you have any affect from that?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Not much, but if you see like with sun, have maybe balls was faster. Then starting slow and slow. For me it was slow and for me I think have more confidence. A little bit was windy from one side. That's was control really all match was difficult.

If you change sides it's like you play with wind and against wind. I would say you need to be talent. You need for sure like Federer. You know, to be like perfect. To play everywhere good and like after, you know, losing first set and already in the second set losing, and then come back and winning 6‑Love. He's No. 1.

Q. Do you still think you can win a Grand Slam?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Australian Open not anymore, you know. (Smiling.) But tennis, my tennis is better. For sure it's better. I think so, yes.

I think I still have chance. I don't know this year. I have good chance Paris, US Open. Depends like how I apply, you know, in other tournaments and how my, you know, feeling in other Masters Series tournaments.

Like if you go to America, Indian Wells, Miami. Really if I beat against Federer in these tournaments, maybe have much more confidence.

Q. You had a good tournament. What's something positive you'll take away from Melbourne?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I lost today. I don't know positive. Because I didn't play last year here, and positive I have points. Plus, these points, for me, it's important my ranking be good position, you know, top 10. That's was always what I play now. Winning matches and do good result.

I still in good position ranking. It's much more important for me.

Q. Was the extra media attention positive for you?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know. It's your choice.

ao.com

#62 15-03-2010 08:51:16

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

IW - Davydenko Out With Broken Wrist

A broken left wrist has forced Nikolay Davydenko to withdraw from the BNP Paribas Open at the third round stage, where he was scheduled to meet Serbian Viktor Troicki.

No. 6-ranked Davydenko, who won the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London to finish the 2009 season and the Doha title to begin 2010, reached the Australian Open quarter-finals (l. to Federer) and then the Rotterdam semi-finals, where he initially injured his wrist in a loss to Robin Soderling.

Having retired in the second round of the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships against Michael Berrer last month, Davydenko managed to win his opening match in Indian Wells against Ernests Gulbis on Saturday. But an MRI scan on Sunday revealed for the first time that the 28-year-old Russian's wrist was in fact fractured.

Davydenko's wrist is expected to be in a splint for the next four weeks.

Troicki, meanwhile, receives a walkover into the fourth round, where he'll meet either Tomas Berdych or Fernando Verdasco.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Wrist.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#63 04-05-2010 10:27:05

Bizon

siła spokoju

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Jak tam stan zdrowia Davydenki ? Bedzie juz gotowy do gry w Madrycie ?

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#64 04-05-2010 10:36:21

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Bizon napisał:

Jak tam stan zdrowia Davydenki ? Bedzie juz gotowy do gry w Madrycie ?

Brak potwierdzonych informacji. Na liście graczy ciągle wisi, ale czytałem też spekulacje, że nie pojawi się na korcie do końca sezonu ceglanego.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#65 29-05-2010 13:30:28

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Davydenko wraca na korty, zagra w Halle.

Źródło (po niemiecku) http://www.gerryweber-open.de/de/aktuel … &jahr=2010

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#66 29-05-2010 13:46:36

Bizon

siła spokoju

Dobrze wiedziec ze Denko powoli posklejany, Del Potro juz tak dobrze nie ma. Ciekawy jestem teraz polityki startowej Rosjanina. Czy dalej bedzie rozgrywal on ponad 25 turniejow w sezonie, czy tez moze ograniczy liczbe startow do WS, Mastersow + 3, max 4 wazne dla niego turnieje nizszej kategorii. Latka leca i trzeba dbac o zdrowie jezeli chce sobie jeszcze pograc, w poprzednim sezonie rowniez mial dluzsza przerwe z powodu kontuzji, a czestotliwosc gier sie nie zmienila.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Bizon (29-05-2010 13:49:29)

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#67 30-05-2010 19:09:58

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Davydenko prepares to return to tennis in Halle

Nikolay Davydenko, the Russian who has been out of tennis since March when an injury to his wrist that caused him to withdraw from Dubai was discovered to be a fracture, will return in Halle next week and is also scheduled to play a couple of matches at the Stoke Park exhibition the week before Wimbledon. The world No 5 and winner of the Barclays ATP World Tour finals last year is eager to make up for lost ranking opportunities, for he was only 420 ranking points behind Andy Murray when the last list was published.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ … 140536.ece

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#68 01-06-2010 23:39:12

Art

User

Davydenko Confirms Halle Participation

Nikolay Davydenko, the reigning Barclays ATP World Tour Finals champion, will stage his comeback on the ATP World Tour at the 18th edition of the Gerry Weber Open in Halle, starting on Monday.

The Russian has been out of competition since mid-March with a scaphoid bone fracture to his left wrist.  Davydenko sustained the injury when falling during his semi-final match against Robin Soderling at the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam in February.

Not having been diagnosed with the fracture immediately, Davydenko continued playing and won matches at the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships and the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells before being forced to stop playing after getting the correct diagnosis.

“I’ve never practiced as much as I am at the moment, and I came back being stronger than before when returning from injuries in the past,” admitted Davydenko, who has been practising at his brother, Eduard’s, tennis academy and doing rehabilitation work in Cologne. “I’m already hitting my backhand 60 to 70 per cent.

“I need match practice and I will get this on the grass courts at the Gerry Weber Open,“ added the Russian, who will make his fourth appearance in Halle.

Davydenko, who turns 29 on 2 June, also talked about what his success at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London has meant to him.

“The World Champion title gave me a lot of power and confidence. I’m not as negative towards myself anymore after the title. Today I see the positive, for example what I have reached in my career so far.“

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … ation.aspx

#69 02-06-2010 17:44:25

Serenity

User

Dawidienko wraca

Nikołaj Dawidienko wraca na kort. Rosyjski tenisista, który w połowie marca w Indian Wells nabawił się kontuzji nadgarstka, planuje start w turnieju w Halle, rozpoczynającym się w najbliższy poniedziałek.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/atp-halle … news.shtml

#70 03-06-2010 10:46:16

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Spóźnione życzenia dla Nikolaya. Davydenko skończył wczoraj 29 lat, wszystkiego najlepszego.

Ranking: 5
Najwyższy ranking: 3
Tytuły/finały: 20/5
WS (T/F): 0/0
Mastersy (T/F): 3/0
WTF: 1/1
Zarobki: $13,732,249

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#71 22-07-2010 17:51:20

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Daydenko bez trenera.

Były nr3 rankingu światowego zakończył swoją współpracę z bratem, Eduardem. Eduard zakomunikował Kolyi, że zamierza całkowicie poświęcić się karierze swojego syna, Philipa, który marzy o karierze zawodowego tenisisty.

Eduard był trenerem brata niemal od zawsze. Pod Jego okiem wygrał 20 różnego rodzaju turniejów rangi ATP Tour.

Former world No. 3 Nikolay Davydenko  will reportedly not have the assistance of his coach/brother Eduard Davydenko on a week-to-week basis anymore.

Davydenko’s wife Irina broke down the situation to Lifesports.ru regarding the families’ coach-player relationship.

“He needs the presence of a coach more than Nikolay,” said Irina, who was alluding to Eduard focusing his attention on his 17-year-old son Philip.

Philip Davydenko is currently beginning his trek up the professional ranks. The 17-year-old has played two Future events this year.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#72 31-08-2010 11:57:03

Blue

User

Starting from Zero

It was just seven months ago that Nikolay Davydenko was forced to declare, "I am not Paris Hilton."

The Russian had just won the ATP World Tour Finals and the ATP tour event in Doha, defeating Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal on the way both times. At the Australian Open, he was being touted as a potential Grand Slam threat for the first time in his career.

Though he insisted he didn't want fame, Davydenko blossomed under the spotlight, displaying a previously well-hidden sense of humor with quips like, "Then nobody [was] scared [of me]. Now it's everyone scared," and "I don't drink so much because, you see—I'm skinny."

"It's interesting. We're not talking about tennis," he told reporters in Melbourne. "We're talking about my life. This is my first experience like this in the press."

It made a nice change from his previous brush with notoriety, which came when he was at the center of a match-fixing scare in the summer of 2007.

Davydenko's run of good results also left him feeling good about his game. "It's interesting feeling. Now I feel like I can beat everyone," he said then. "I start to go to the net. I start to make some points volley, make so many winners volley. Maybe a little bit better serve sometimes."

Once conspicuous for his lack of endorsements, Davydenko even had racquet companies fighting over him. In March, Prince and Dunlop issued dueling press releases claiming he was endorsing their brand.

Right at that time, however, he also discovered that a pain in his right wrist was the due to a fracture in the joint. The injury ended up sidelining him for three months. For a player famous for playing just about every week he could, going for so long without competing was unfathomable.

In an interview with TENNIS.com earlier this month, Davydenko described the period as "enjoy, and [then] frustrated."

"Enjoy—I don't play, take rest," he said in his distinctive brand of English. "[But] then also I know will be tough comeback. That's how I feel now—tough."

Since returning in June, Davydenko has played eight events but failed to win consecutive matches until the Cincinnati Masters two weeks ago, when he battled through two three-setters before falling to Roger Federer in the quarterfinals.

"For me, if I take off, I need to come back from zero again," he said. "Mentally, is very difficult, because if I'm practicing good and then coming to the match and playing different tennis, I have mentally [a] problem."

He was a reluctant interviewee, talking in clipped tones—very different from the wisecracking dark horse entertaining the press earlier this year. Just like winning had become a habit at the beginning of the year, losing now feels like a vicious cycle.

"In beginning [of] year, is very good confidence because winning tournaments, you still have good confidence," he said. "But losing tournaments second match or first match, your feeling mentally, [the] psychology, is low. If I need to come back, I need [to be] winning more matches."

While Davydenko was sidelined, his brother and coach Eduard began to turn more of his attention to his son, aspiring pro Philip. Now he will no longer be travelling full time on the tour with Davydenko. Along with some informal help from his non-playing wife, Irina, Davyenko has also been using Scottish National Academy coach Marcel du Coudray as a hitting partner and coach.

Eduardo is back for the U.S. Open, however, with Davydenko trying to navigate a tough section of the draw that includes Novak Djokovic, Andy Roddick, Mardy Fish and Marcos Baghdatis.

He believes his form will return, but wonders how long it will take.

Just waiting, just practicing, coming to the tournaments. Try to find my game and wait what can happen," he said. "For sure it's coming back, but I don't know when."

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … &zoneid=37

#73 01-09-2010 12:42:17

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Are you pleased with the way that you played out there today?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I am?

Q. Are you pleased? Are you happy?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Pleased? New word for me.

Q. That's all right. Content? Happy? Not happy?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Um, yeah, I'm happy to win, you know. Just it's always be happy winning matches. You know, it's just some small things what I need to do, you know, in couple days before my second match. Because I know in the first set I was nervous and play some different games. Just need to improve my baseline, because for sure I can play better. But, you know, fighting and playing matches maybe confidence be better and maybe game be better. Just not only practicing. You need to have matches and can be also feeling confidence and feeling balls and everything.

Q. You started the season very strong, but I know you were out with injury. If you could talk a little bit about your physical condition right now, are you able to go out there and play at 100% or less, and if you could describe, please.
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know, really. Today was -- for sure I will try always play 100%, but you don't know what's going to happening. Like today with balls, now is very warm. Is not warm; is very warm. Five set matches is really difficult, for sure. Like you play two hours or three hours, it's already different. But always be easy to win in three sets, and, you know, not losing, you know, so much power. Play like a long rally and then you already tired. For sure I am a little bit tired today but not like 100% tired. That's was I really don't know if my physically condition is pretty good for five sets. I need to see also. Depends how matches and how I play.

Q. So you're uncertain right now about your ability to really go out and be, you know, your full self? It sounds to me you are a bit uncertain about your condition.
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, I never tell before or after my first match I am very good shape and I can win tournament. I just be easy and just say, I'm okay. You know, just concentration for the second match. (Smiling.) I don't know what's going to happen.

Q. How has the season been for you, though? You had some weeks off and then you came back. Do you feel like you've been playing better tennis coming into the event?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: You know, for sure be at holiday much better. You know, feel much easy, you know, nothing to do and feel comfortable. It's enjoy life. Then, you know, come back to tennis, and, ah, start to be in -- for sure I am happy now come back, have recover from injury and feeling now in the tournament. I like to play, you know, more tournament matches. But tennis is different. Not better. For sure not better. Before my injury I feel much more confidence and I feel much more stronger. Now, like guys say, top-10 players, Yeah, if you play matches, you feel like top-10. In the moment, I don't feel like this. I don't feel like I play like top-10 player now, not in this time. Maybe. Depends how are my matches coming, how I fighting, how many matches I win. Then I can feel it. Then I can say if I feel very good and if I can play like top-10 player.

Q. What is the difference between top-10 player level and your level at this moment?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Maybe like every players like try, you know, to do no mistake or just hitting like balls like have -- top-10 player have more concentration in the important point. Then if you have chance, you realize this chance. Like you have like 90% chance to win this point. Another player just fighting and losing. It's always be like this.

Q. When you come back from a broken wrist, what is the most difficult thing to recover in your game?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Head. Mentally problem. Because you always practicing. You can play forehand, backhand, but for sure it's important on the match what you need to do with forehand and backhand. That's it. You can hit balls, but where you hit and how you hit, that's the much important. That's was everything it's important in your mind, like concentration and you see how the ball finally -- where you need to play and everything. That's very difficult. That's was if I play more matches, then I know for sure how I need to play and where I need to play.

Q. Did you feel something maybe click in Cincinnati?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: For sure, yes. Two matches get like small, you know, help to play better. For sure it's like every match what I win is give me something.
But I'm person is not like coming from one match and I say like, Oh, now I feel like good shape. Sometimes like I can play beginning tournament, and I remember I was play not so good here and I coming twice in semifinal, you know, in US Open. But in beginning I just fighting. I don't play so well. I don't play like top-10 player. But, you know, step by step, and really helping, you know, a little bit lucky, fighting, winning points, winning matches. And then coming, you know, just already in the third match you feel already much better and you play much better.

Q. You have a lot of points to defend till the end of the year. Are you anxious for your ranking?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Not much, no. No. I know I can like say after maybe like China, Asia tour I can be out from top 10. But, you know, it's life. It's just if I can do result, maybe I can defend points; maybe not. You know, we have some tournaments. If I not coming to London, I have more time for rest. I have more time for enjoy, you know, time, holiday, and preparation for the next season.

Q. How do you estimate your chances to be back in London in the Masters?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Winning tournaments. You know, there's only one chance what I can do. Winning all Grand Slam or Masters or two Masters, you know, just to get some points for the London.

Q. What's your coaching situation right now? How much of a role, if any, does your wife have in it?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: You want to be my coach?

Q. Are you taking applications?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No, my brother is my coach. He is here. Yeah, I don't know which press give it some information I was with, you know, my brother not anymore with me. I just tell some tournaments he not with me. That's was my wife is always with me. And my brother coming for some Grand Slam tournaments, big tournaments, but not every tournaments. He's always be my coach, because if I go home I practice with him. Just sometimes I need some help and I just have another coach who just helping me by the tournaments, like in Toronto, Cincinnati, and maybe in another tournaments in the futures.

Q. Question about Richard Gasquet. Do you think he can go back in the top 10?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: He was good player. For sure is also head problem. Not about tennis. He play very good tennis. It's like if he was already like in top-20 and top-10, why not? You know, always you can come back. It's not big problem. Or maybe not. Have two choice, yes or no. (Smiling.)

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 04210.html

#74 06-10-2010 18:30:34

jaccol55

Administrator

W dniu dzisiejszym Davydenko odniósł swoje 400 zwycięstwo w ATP World Tour.

Kola wygrał w China Open z Marinem Ciliciem 7-5 7-5.

#75 06-10-2010 18:31:36

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Davydenko Records 400th Match Win

Russian Nikolay Davydenko became the eighth active player on the ATP World Tour circuit to win 400 matches in his career (400-243) on Wednesday.

The fourth seed reached the milestone by defeating World No. 14 Marin Cilic of Croatia 7-5, 7-5 in one hour and 54 minutes at the China Open in Beijing.

“It was a very good match for me,” said Davydenko, who is playing his second tournament with a new racquet. “[My] baseline [play] was good control and I played fast.”

It was Davydenko’s first win over Cilic and his 25th win of an injury-hit season, highlighted by one ATP World Tour title at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open in Doha (d. Nadal).

Davydenko will next challenge American John Isner, who won a big-serving encounter against Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany 7-6(3), 3-6, 6-3 in two hours and 13 minutes, hitting 20 aces to Kohlschreiber’s 13 aces.

World No. 22 Isner improved to a 33-19 season record. He has a 1-3 record in ATP World Tour finals, picking up his first title at the Heineken Open in Auckland (d. Clement) in January.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … h-Win.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#76 11-10-2010 15:02:45

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Davydenko's Pre-Match Press Conference

An interview with:NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO

THE MODERATOR:  Welcome to the Shanghai Rolex Masters.  It's a pleasure to have Nikolay Davydenko here, the defending champion.  We'll open up the floor to questions.

Q.  As the defending champion, any pressure this year?  There are a lot of top players here.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO:  Not so much because, you know, you always have pressure if you feel you can qualify for the Masters London because is already players just to see what is my points and, you know, how many points I need.

Really for me is different situation.  I know I will not qualify for London this year.  Just enjoying now my last couple tournaments what I play this year and take rest before early, just practicing, preparation for the next season in December.

Q.  What was your impression when you first came to China?  Now you're a world famous tennis player and what is your impression now on China?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO:  I don't know, guys.  You tell me I'm famous now in China (laughter).  It just surprising, you know, how your country, city change every year.  It looks more beautiful.

I don't know, people start to speak more English really.  Is be interesting.  Like I saw yesterday coming from airport in the night, really beautiful city, EXPO and everything.  Really surprising me how you build so fast here.

I know you have millions people here, but build fast is really amazing.  That's was really enjoy to be already here in Asia like six years.  Every year I saw something different really surprising me.

Q.  Have you been to EXPO?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO:  No.  I think you need to spend completely one day because it's huge, is big.

Do you be there?

Q.  Actually not.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO:  You see, that's what's was the question to you guys.  You be there before you asking me (laughter).

Q.  Do you have any plan to be there?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO:  Well, it's depends what you like to see or what you like to buy there, what the reason to go and to find there.

If something be interesting for me, if I want to buy something, sure I would like to go to EXPO to find something and buy.  But in the moment, I have everything.  I don't know if I really go there now this year.

Q.  We know the top two players - Nadal and Djokovic - are still playing at this time.  You have more time for preparation for this Shanghai Masters.  What do you think about your chance in this tournament?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO:  Federer is not here?  He don't have preparation?  I think most guy who is coming here before is Federer.  Really stay here all week and have preparation for Shanghai.  Everybody play tournaments.  Everybody, like, coming here before have preparation, but how long preparation.

I have just practicing today and tomorrow.  I have already tomorrow match.  Preparation is like if you stay, like, one week before and practicing here, just try to concentrate only for this tournament.

We travel every week.  For sure we want to have good preparation.  For sure we want to play good and have winning tournaments here.  But you never know what's can happen.  It depends against who you play and how another players also feel and how playing.

I'm defending champion.  For sure I play very good last year and before also first final for me.  I don't know, maybe to be lucky also very important.  Have everything, good confidence, to play well, winning couple first matches, and maybe can possible to win tournament.

Q.  What do you think of your draw in the Shanghai Masters?  Do you look and think about it?  Is it hard or easy for you?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO:  I didn't see draw.  I just know against who I play my first match.  I don't know yet.  But I saw already.  I know is all top 20 guys is here.  That's what's was the reason to see draw.  If everybody play here, it's already not interesting to see against who I play.  Anyone from top 10 or top 20 already in the second or third round.  That's was for sure you really meet good players from the beginning.

Q.  I saw you change your racquet sponsor.  Could you tell us more detail?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO:  Why now to speak English start (smiling)?

Yes, I change my sponsor already this year before Indian Wells, like signing contract with Dunlop, with tennis clothes and tennis racquet.  But I played with Prince racquet before.  For me now is the third tournament what I start to play with Dunlop racquet.  That's was I also change to Dunlop.

I really enjoy and I for sure want to continue play with Dunlop stuff and racquet.  Maybe two more years I play with Dunlop.

THE MODERATOR:  Thank you, everyone.

http://www.shanghairolexmasters.com/Eng … 0/347.html

#77 12-10-2010 12:25:07

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Nikolay Davydenko will play a better game than he talks in Shanghai

Nikolay Davydenko's English lends itself to chuckles and he acknowledges his season has dwindled away to irrelevance – but Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer know the erratic Russian will be one dangerous joker in the Shanghai Masters this week.

He beat Nadal to win this trophy last year – and went on to beat the Spaniard and Federer in the World Tour Finals in London, as well as in Doha at the start of 2010, completing a rare double over the two best players of his era. David Nalbandian is the only other player to manage that feat in two separate official tournaments.

Davydenko's season, though, has veered between promise and serial disappointment and, although holding on to sixth place in the ATP world rankings, three months out with an injured wrist spiked not only his chances in the major tournaments but any hope of returning to the O2 next month.

He had his Chinese audience amused and bemused when he admitted in broken English fractured into further shards, no doubt, en route to Mandarin: "I know I will not qualify for London this year [so] just enjoying now my last couple tournaments what I play this year and take rest before early, just practising, preparation for the next season in December."

If that translates roughly as don't put your rickshaw on my winning here, it would be as well not to take Davydenko seriously; he will be dead keen to resurrect something from the ashes of a wretched summer.

He expressed mild surprise that Federer, who has not played since losing to Novak Djokovic at the US Open, had not arrived early to practice for a tournament he has played nine times.

The Swiss will need no incentive beyond pride, though, to get his game back to working order when he does arrive tomorrow. He is burning to reclaim his No1 position and a fifth victory here would convince him it is not an unreasonable ambition.

Nadal, who beat Gaël Monfils to win in Tokyo today and is on the crest of a surreal wave of form, is another late arrival, along with Andy Murray.

The tournament organisers plan to showcase the top four – Federer, Nadal, Murray and Djokovic – on what they are billing as Super Wednesday. Davydenko does not figure in those plans and instead will be the warm-up act on Tuesday – probably against the Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky. While Davydenko has reached the quarter-finals only three times in 12 tournaments since the Australian Open in January, a semi-final here against Nadal is not a laughable proposition.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/oc … r-shanghai

#78 12-10-2010 12:27:32

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Davydenko finally makes switch to Dunlop frame

Nikolay Davydenko has begun playing with a Dunlop racquet, having made the switch after the U.S. Open.

Davydenko signed an equipment contract with Dunlop in March but had continued to play with a Prince racquet.

After losing in the first round of Kuala Lumpur, he reached the quarterfinals in Beijing last week, only the second time he has won two matches in a row since returning from a wrist injury in June.

"I just change racquet, and it's my second tournament and really start from zero," he said at Beijing. "Mentally, for sure, different feeling, and need to maybe play differently. But I run the same, fast, and just need to control."

Davydenko has significant ranking points to defend this fall, having won the Shanghai Masters and World Tour Finals in London last year. But the Russian said he was not feeling the pressure ahead of his title defense in Shanghai.

"Not so much," he said. "You always have pressure if you feel you can qualify for the Masters London... Really for me is different situation.  I know I will not qualify for London this year. Just enjoying now my last couple tournaments what I play this year and take rest before preparation for the next season in December."

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … &zoneid=25

#79 13-10-2010 08:03:41

Serenity

User

Dawidienko, rok później: od bohatera do anonima

Nikołaj Dawidienko wciąż zajmuje szóste miejsce w rankingu ATP World Tour, ale najprawdopodobniej nie zakończy tego sezonu nawet w czołowej dziesiątce. Był bohaterem poprzedniego sezonu, a ten rok miał należeć do niego. Nic z tego.

Nikołaj Dawidienko, 29 lat, urodził się w Sewieriodoniecku na Ukrainie (foto Dombrowski)

W niedzielę wystartował turniej Masters 1000 w Szanghaju, gdzie Dawidienko w poprzedniej edycji pokonał Novaka Đokovicia i Rafę Nadala. Potem pojechał na finały cyklu World Tour (Masters dla ośmiu najlepszych zawodników sezonu), gdzie także wygrał, osiągając życiowy sukces.

Podczas Masters opowiadał o tym, jak po raz pierwszy w życiu rozdaje dużo autografów i o tym, że z powodu wątłej sylwetki nie jest stereotypowym Rosjaninem wlewającym w siebie litry wódki. Dziś nie ma nawet szans na wyjazd do Londynu. Powód: od lutego, kiedy na jego grę poważnie zaczęła wpływać kontuzja nadgarstka, tylko raz wygrał dwa mecze w tym samym turnieju (w Nowym Jorku).

W Szanghaju (jest zaskoczony szybkością rozwoju miasta) w związku z rolą obrońcy tytułu nie czuje jednak, że ciąży na nim większa presja niż zwykle: - Jeżeli walczy się o Masters, presja nigdy nie znika. Ale ja do Masters już się nie zakwalifikuję - mówi. - Chcę po prostu cieszyć się z tych kilku ostatnich turniejów w tym roku. Skończę sezon wcześniej niż zwykle, a w grudniu rozpocznę przygotowania do kolejnego.

Przed imprezą w Indian Wells w marcu Rosjanin zmienił producenta rakiet (kiedyś grał Prince, teraz Dunlopem). Szanghaj jest trzecim turniejem, w którym wystąpi z nowym sprzętem.

We wtorek lub środę Dawidienko, po wolnym w I rundzie, w 1/16 finału spotka się ze zwycięzcą pojedynku Mischa Zverev - Serhij Stachowskij. W ćwierćfinale może dojść do meczu Dawidienko - Nadal.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … o-anonima/

#80 22-10-2010 17:49:56

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Dawidienko, historia upadku

Złamany nadgarstek, wielka presja, zmiana producenta rakiety, brak wskazówek brata czy zwykłe wypalenie? Nikołaj Dawidienko, jeden z najbardziej regularnych tenisistów w ostatnich latach, najpewniej zakończy sezon poza Top 20.

A to miał być jego sezon. Po fantastycznej końcówce w roku ubiegłym i świetnym początku w styczniu Rosjanin napotkał jednak problemy, które w konsekwencji doprowadziły do jego degrengolady. Od lutego tylko dwukrotnie zdarzyło się, że wygrał dwa mecze z rzędu: już nie zasługuje na to, by być w czołowej dziesiątce obok wielkoszlemowych finalistów Đokovicia i Berdycha.

Przypadek Dawidienki, który po stracie punktów za triumf w Masters (nie obroni tytułu, bo nie ma nawet szans, by się tam zakwalifikować) prawdopodobnie po raz pierwszy od stycznia 2005 roku wypadnie poza Top 20, pokazuje do czego prowadzi brak motywacji. - Presja jest gdy walczy się o Masters. Ja chcę po prostu cieszyć się z kilku ostatnich turniejów w tym roku - mówił w Szanghaju, jeszcze zanim "potknął się" na pierwszym rywalu.

Przed Masters jeden wielki turniej dla wszystkich: Paryż-Bercy (Masters 1000, od 7 listopada). Teoretycznie szansa także dla Dawidienki, ale czy z jego podejściem jest w stanie jeszcze coś osiągnąć w tym roku? - Robiłem błędy w wymianach, które zwykłem grać dobrze. Próbowałem analizować te błędy, by znaleźć przyczynę złej gry, ale nie bardzo wiedziałem co zmienić - powiedział bezradny w Moskwie, gdzie w środę jako najwyżej rozstawiony znów odpadł w I rundzie.

Ważną personą w życiu Kolii jest, oprócz żony, brat. - Zwykle to on daje mi wskazówki. Tym razem go jednak ze mną nie ma: to też problem dla mnie - powiedział młodszy z Dawidienków. Edwarda nie ma i - jakiekolwiek byłyby obiektywne nawet powody tej nieobecności - to też świadczy o upadku morale w teamie. W ojczyźnie, w stolicy? Kolia urodził się wprawdzie na terenie dzisiejszej Ukrainy, grę w tenisa doskonalił w Niemczech i nawet nie pije tyle co Rosjanie (- Bo jestem chudy - tłumaczy), którzy go na dodatek do ubiegłego roku słabo kojarzyli, ale to on jest dziś najbardziej utytułowanym wciąż aktywnym singlistą z byłego ZSRR.

Dziś Dawidienko spadł w rankingu za o rok młodszego Michaiła Jużnego, dwukrotnego półfinalistę US Open. Dawidienko był na początku roku poważnym kandydatem do tytułu w Australian Open, ale w ćwierćfinale lepszy okazał się Roger Federer. Potem pojawiła się sprawa złamanego nadgarstka, którą to zrazu zbagatelizowano i to był błąd. Wcześniej podpisał umowę z Dunlopem (dotąd grał rakietą Prince), ale nowym sprzętem (- To nie to, czego szukałem. Musimy z bratem coś w tej rakiecie zmienić) zaczął grać dopiero w drugiej połowie sezonu.

Rok temu nazywali go Play Station, bo grał tak skutecznie, jakby w grze wideo ktoś włączył najwyższy poziom trudności. Mistrz Sopotu z 2006 i Warszawy z 2008 roku, w sumie zwycięzca 20 turniejów premierowego cyklu (z Masters jako wisienką na torcie), rówieśnik Federera.

Czy po tym wszystkim nie przegapił ostatniej szansy na wpisanie się do panteonu mistrzów wielkoszlemowych? Czy końcówka jego kariery będzie tak samo nieefektowna i nieatrakcyjna jak w przypadku Marata Safina?

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … ia-upadku/

Ostatnio edytowany przez Joao (22-10-2010 17:50:49)

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

Stopka forum

RSS